The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2002, 07:22 AM   #121
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Name (that you go by): Pam, Peejay, or Peej. And yeah, my engineering pals call me "monmon"
Age: 21 (and a half--problem with being born on the middle of the year is: you don't really know how old you are)

Future Aspirations: To sing, to write, and to travel A LOT.
Goal in life: I want to write a magic realist novel based on my grandma's life. I'd love to sing as well. But to top all of that, I want to have a family with great kids.
Short term goals: In a few days, I'll be reading a poem in front of all the literature biggies here in the Philippines as a tribute to a deceased writer. Hope I can pull that off. Also, I'm hoping that my thesis will hit gold.
Passion: Singing, obviously. Reading and collecting books (I practically hoard the Book Sale stalls in my area and manage to find great stuff--like "Merlin's Ring" for less than a dollar's worth)
Hobbies: reading, reading, and collecting cd's (I'm trying to diversify my interests)
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I "brought the house down" when I sang in front the WHOLE SCHOOL when I was a high school senior. I'm also famous for doing a "Maya Angelou" at a poetry recital.

Fave book: "She's Come Undone," "House of the Spirits," "Anthem," and both books of Samuel, and the gospel of Matthew in the Bible
Fave movie: Signs, Moulin rouge, Hook, The Green Mile
Fave sport: I only love watching soccer
Fave store: Anything with books in it
Fave music: Bach and Vivaldi are the greatest! kinda "overhearing" Dream Theater from my brother's room---I like them too. Chicago, LAGQ, Nigel Kennedy, Yanni, anything Celtic, Hillsongs, incubus, josh Groban (I dream of singing with him one day--who knows?), Sarah Brightman, Norah Jones, and jazz. I'm currently listening to YES, too.

What you can't stand: Racism, closed mindedness, and people who reduce you to an issue, label, or preference. I also hate backbiting people.
What you plain dislike: I hate traffic. And all the bombings and shootings. The "Us and Them" mentality.
Who you admire: BW. Seriously. My dad-one of the nicest guys I know. My brother--so talented. Josh Groban. and yes: Oprah Winfrey and Maya Angelou.
What you most love to do: Researching Celtic and other European legends, being a "mother figure" to people who need someone to talk to. And yeah: singing.
Your self-confessed flaws: Procrastination and the ten lbs that linger within me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
What intrigues/fascinates you: Celtic legends and St. Patrick. Languages and the culture behind them.
What scares you: I have this wierd phobia on clouds. Long story that predates adolescence.
Quotation to live by: "You have closed their minds to understanding; therefore you will not let them triumph" --Job 17:4
and
"...the burned hand teaches best. After that advice about fore goesto the heart." --Gandalf the White

Additional comments: I've got a long way to go

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: Neferchoirwen ]
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 11:37 AM   #122
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Catherine or Cat
Occupation: Junior high student, vulnerable target of horror film The Ring, currently job-searching
Future Aspirations: To own and run a small coffee shop, to write a highly successful novel, to stop getting spam on my hotmail account, to become closer to God, to be a great friend to all my friends.
Goal in life: Be a great musician (strings)
Short term goals: Get better grades, make honor orchestra, maybe learn to play the guitar
Passion: Violin, singing
Hobbies: philosophizing, drawing, poetry, see above
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Violin (gee, I wonder why?), drawings, my 'mood ring' eyes

Fave book: Silmarillion by guess who?
Fave movie: Lord of the Rings, My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Fave sport: hm... basketball
Fave store: Don't know, haven't gone shopping in a while
Fave music: Heavy metal, Celtic, and new age

What you can't stand: Horror films on a scale of The Exorcist and The Ring, disrespectful people, injustice
What you plain dislike: reverse discrimination (i.e. hating preps or not paying attention to men's rights), spitting, people who are too self-obsessed to notice anyone else's problems
Who you admire: My parents and my friends
What you most love to do: Instant message, read, think
Your self-confessed flaws: Too competitive
What intrigues/fascinates you: Ancient/medieval culture, the inceasing love of my savior
What scares you: The Ring!!!!!!!!!! (not the One Ring, but the other one)
Quotation to live by: I don't know, there are many.

Additional comments: Never, ever, EVER see The Ring!!!!!! And if you have already, I pity you and God bless you.

[ October 27, 2002: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:28 PM   #123
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
Woah, these are so much fun to read! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Name (that you go by): elfpup (excuse me, but my name is NOT oboe)
Future Aspirations:
Goal in life: To not die before the age of 34
Short term goals: See goal in life.
Passion: Riding, reading!, drawing
Hobbies: see above
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I'm not famous. I'm just that little speck of dust sitting in the corner over there. I know someone famous, though. She is known as the one who broke the wall. Tee-hee.

Fave book: Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Faerie, Squire
Fave movie: Lord of the Rings and some others that I really don't remember the names of. I like those silly little movies we watch at school in science with the funny little people with lightbulbs. They were funny.
Fave sport: Riding, and soccer!
Fave store: I don't go to stores anymore. And if I do, I get lost inside and I'll never find my way out, so I'll never be able to tell you the name of a store I like.
Fave music: Anything, really. (Well, almost everything. There's a couple of things I don't like.)

What you can't stand: Little children, my geography teacher (I swear, she has demons inside her head, yelling at her constantly, because she says "Quiet, quiet please" at least 100 times a day, even when the room is completely silent!), concieted people.
What you plain dislike: Same as above
Who you admire: Toby, for putting up with me for two years. Good boy.
What you most love to do: Ride, read, draw, boss little children around (I know that's bad, but hey, it's a lot of fun!), talk on msn.
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm increibly lazy. And shy around grown ups. Yeah, I know [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
What intrigues/fascinates you: Revolving leather hole punchers. (those things are amazing!)
What scares you: Drunk people. My french teacher.
Quotation to live by: "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"
Additional comments: the end

[ October 27, 2002: Message edited by: gollum*elf*pup ]
Old 10-27-2002, 06:33 PM   #124
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Friends at school; call me Sader(DO NOT ask!), but on the net: Losthuniel or Losth

Future Aspirations: write my book, graduate, get my parents to realize they have a freak of a daughter

Goal in life: write my book

Short term goals: Pass math, finish my Silmfic

Passion:reading, writing fanfiction, riding, LotR,

Hobbies:all of the above and web page coding (I'm Insane)And the PPC

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I am the Namless Entity. Know and Fear Me.

Fave book:Silm, LotR, Sabriel, Lirael, HDM

Fave movie:LotR, Emperor's New Groove,Mary Poppins,

Fave sport:Riding and Skiing

Fave store: !ndigo

Fave music: Alt. Rock

What you can't stand: Mary-Sues (you knew it was bound to come up), Bad writing,the Bloody Facists(school admin.) Discrimination

What you plain dislike:The la-las (popular girls. Don't ask.[I'm a walking contradiction. Get over it])

Who you admire: Tolkien.

What you most love to do:Read, write, surf the net.

Your self-confessed flaws:I'm a walking contradiction (as was stated before)and have a very bad temper.

What intrigues/fascinates you:Life. Oh, and how Finch, Deborah, Dwimordene, Ithilwen&Co got to be such good writers

What scares you: clones

Quotation to live by: "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" -Albert Einstien

Additional comments: Long live the Barrowdowns! Long live the PPC!"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Einstien
Losthuniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:25 PM   #125
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

Name (that you go by): Sammy
Future Aspirations: be well-known as a writer
Goal in life: praise God
Short term goals: graduate
Passion: my boyfriend [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Hobbies: Barrow Downs, reading, writing, historical re-enactment and swordfighting
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): i'm very smart [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Fave book: the Bible, everything Tolkien or about Tolkien, Dragonlance series, Star Wars, Redwall series, Chronicles of Narnia
Fave movie: LOTR extended DVD
Fave sport: weight training
Fave store: any huge bookstore
Fave music: classical

What you can't stand: annoying people
What you plain dislike: math
Who you admire: Mr. Burdick my US History and Government/Economics teacher
What you most love to do: read, be with my boyfriend
Your self-confessed flaws: stubborn, low self-esteem
What intrigues/fascinates you: theology, debating, and other intellectual pursuits
What scares you: clowns
Quotation to live by: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all you mind. And love your neighbor as yourself."

Additional comments: I'm cute! hee hee! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: TolkienGurl ]
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:46 PM   #126
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
does not know how to play guitar
Faye if you only lived closer I could teach you that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's actually easier than you think.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:42 PM   #127
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name: Arwen Imladris
Future Aspirations: counsellor, phycatrist?? I don't really know
Goal in life: to be the best that I can
Short term goals: to get through this week
Passion: Jesus, LOTR, Music
Hobbies: Music (piano, recorder, trumpet), art, drama,
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): my laugh [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] outgoing, music,

Fave book: the bible, LOTR, Hobbit, UT,
Fave movie: LOTR, Star Wars (please don't shoot me), Star Trek, The Princess Bride, A little Princess
Fave sport:cross country skiing
Fave store: any dollar store
Fave music: LOTR soundtrak, anything but country

What you can't stand: people who don't like the beach, people who aren't commited to what they do
What you plain dislike: The lord of the flies
Who you admire:
What you most love to do: talk to people
Your self-confessed flaws: I am too obsessed with LOTR
What intrigues/fascinates you: People
What scares you: scary movies, my brother
Quotation to live by:Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Old 10-27-2002, 08:47 PM   #128
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

My band teacher tried to teach Guitar to me but I just got so frusterated! RAH!
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:05 PM   #129
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): People always seem to forget my name, so I won't bother posting it. You'll only forget it.
Future Aspirations: I want to be an actress.. or something.
Goal in life: To do good stuff and not kill myself.
Short term goals: Pass tomorrow's French test.
Passion: Acting, singing.
Hobbies: Acting, singing, reading, playing piano and French horn.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Everyone thinks of me as "that smart girl who knows everything. Got a problem? Ask her," and then I yell at them because I don't know everything. I wish I was better known for my acting.

Fave book: Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie.
Fave movie: The Princess Bride, LotR, Aladdin, uh.. there's more...
Fave sport: Football
Fave store: Chapters. I could spend my whole life there.
Fave music: The songs my best friend and I compose. Our newest single is amazing; the tune is smart and the lyrics are easy: "Pizza truck, doo do doo. Pizza truck.."

What you can't stand: Stupid people, people who think they're smart, but they're not, lots of other stuff, too, but there's too much...
What you plain dislike: Britney Spears!
Who you admire: My best friend's dad.
What you most love to do: Act.
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm stubborn, selfish, self centered, greedy, annoying, loud, and stupid. Wanna be my friend?
What intrigues/fascinates you: Cellos.
What scares you: Sharp knives, my friends. My friends with sharp knives...
Quotation to live by: "Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their shoes."

Additional comments: Oh great, now the Pizza Truck song is stuck in my head...

[ October 27, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 03:42 AM   #130
Telchar
Stonehearted Dwarf Smith

Telchar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

First of all I tend to dislike threads like this, than again I really like talking about myself - forgive me if I become too sarcastic [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Name (that you go by): Klaus / Damn!!! (by women)
Future Aspirations: Maybe owning my own business ?
Goal in life: Win the lottery/btw I dont gamble or play the lottery
Short term goals: reajust 10 pounds
Passion: (this is a family friendly forum, right?)
Hobbies: Backgammon / (this is a family friendly forum, right?)
Famous for being the first to win the World championship and the World cup in the same year [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (backgammon

Fave book: Silmarillion, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Fave movie: There are so many genres, but Rainman, The 5th Element, Nikita (french version)
Fave sport: Squash, biking IRL /on TV none
Fave store: The one that provides what I need
Fave music: Prince/Depeche Mode/Inxs

What you can't stand: Ollie droolers
What you plain dislike: Religion in any for (with Buhdism as an exception)
Who you admire: My friends (for putting up with me)
What you most love to do: (this is a family friendly forum, right?) ... and then a cigaret
Your self-confessed flaws: that would be the cigaret thingy again.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Life in general and things I cant figure out, like... women? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
What scares you: Intolerence and lack of knowledge from people.
Quotation to live by: I Try harder

[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: Telchar ]
Old 10-28-2002, 04:32 AM   #131
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

Quote:
Famous for being the first to win the World championship and the World cup in the same year (backgammon)
online? or IRL? (btw I'd be glad to play a game with you once in days to come [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 04:59 AM   #132
Telchar
Stonehearted Dwarf Smith

Sting

Both the World Championship and the World Cup are IRL tournaments held each year In Monte Carlo (World Championship) and Various places in the US (World Cup). Entryfees are about 1000 dollars each [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And it is not very likely that I come by that kind of casual money for sparetime hobbies - unless of course I win qualifying tournaments and obtain the entry that way.
Sure HerenIstarion - we could play online some day - one difficulty is that backgammon as a leisure is played very different in southeastern Europe, the former Sovjet Republics and the middleeast. Are you accustomed to international rules in backgammon? and do you have any expirience using the doubling cube? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers T
Old 10-28-2002, 05:14 AM   #133
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Sting

[/quote]Are you accustomed to international rules in backgammon? and do you have any expirience using the doubling cube?[/quote]

no idea what those may be (especially doubling cube thingy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) Still, if you come upon me in yahoo games (the only such place I know of), my ID is gl_century

Old 10-28-2002, 08:05 AM   #134
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Quote:
What you most love to do: (this is a family friendly forum, right?) ...
Telchar you are a man after my heart... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2002, 11:36 AM   #135
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Telchar you are hilarious!

[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: TolkienGurl ]
Old 10-28-2002, 03:02 PM   #136
Telchar
Stonehearted Dwarf Smith

Sting

*Telchar bows and blushes slightly* The latter being something that seems right to do it the moment - but not very likely IRL [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Maikadilwen, are you from DK too? Where?
Old 10-28-2002, 03:41 PM   #137
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

oh boy, how did someone come up with such a long quiz? Cimms was short enough! No offence or nuffin, but if i wander off half way through, I cannot be blamed!

Name (that you go by): Mainly Mim, but due to my size Impy, Hobbit, Midge and Leprecaun also come into it. Or Oi You Get The Heck Outta My Way.

Occupation: plotter of ridiculous and inventive murders...um, sorry student

Future Aspirations: To hang glide. To be remembered

Goal in life: Jeez, that levels it down a bit. Come on, Ive had a day at school, my brain cells are truly dead.

Short term goals: To get into set 2 maths. To start an RPG of my own. To get grade 6 Cello

Passion: writing, singing and religion.

Hobbies: writing, reading, music, hockey
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Ah man...being in the commonwealth games this year, having the darkest humour in my form at least, also the smallest...my obsession with the BWs

Fave book: The Artefacts of Power Quartet (Aurian, Harp Of Winds, Sword of Flame, Dhiammara.) by Maggie Furey, His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman, Discworld Books by Terry Pratchett, Old Magic by Marianne Curley.

Fave movie: just one!? The matrix, FOTR, Moulin Rouge (Oh how i cried!), The 5th Element, The Faculty (Big style!), The Others

Fave sport: hockey, fencing, lacrosse

Fave store: The Trafford Centre (sorry if thats cheating)

Fave music: Swing When Youre Winning by Robbie Williams, Eminem, Clannad

What you can't stand: Arrogance

What you plain dislike: Nose pickers

Who you admire: All who have made a true and unselfish difference. And my parents and sister in a big way

What you most love to do: Sing, write and chat to certain people...

Your self-confessed flaws: I can be the most unbelievable b1atch on the face of the earth.

What intrigues/fascinates you: ok fine- people with incredible eyes and high pronounced cheekbones.

What scares you: My own imagination. Waaay over active...

Quotation to live by: I have too many. Mainly "Yeah, it happens. Get over it. Make sure they dont." heh heh...
Or on a lighter and less evil note, the poem I Am Not There...
Do not stand at my grave and weep / I am not there I do not sleep / I am a thousand winds that blow / I am the diamond glint on the snow / In the quiet mornings hish, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in silent flight / I am the stars that shine at night / do not stand at my grave and cry / I am not there,
I did not die.

I love that. I really touched me.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:46 AM   #138
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Sting

than, just a bit late, but:

<font color="FF0099">Happy Birthday Amanaduial the archer

Old 10-29-2002, 11:26 AM   #139
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

awww thanx heren! Bless! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 07:40 AM   #140
Mlo
Haunting Spirit

Mlo has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Internet name: Mlo - on the downs, and most other places, annunhilwen - At the Internet Movie Database

Future Aspirations: To understand what the word Aspirations mean.............

Goal in life: To publish a book, or release a movie I've directed or acted in, or something like that... Maybe to just, live and see what life brings... Or to help other people who have it really bad...

Short term goals: Living through school and getting good grades.

Passion: Chill, read

Hobbies: Reading, drawing, wathing TV, eating, sleeping, beeing at the downs... Beeing unbeliveably lazy...

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Hmmm...*thinks...really....hard* I guess I'm mostly famous for....hmm... beeing really annoying [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Hmm... Most people say that I'm a great friend, so I guess I have to go on that...

Fave book: LotR, His Dark Materials, Old Magic and Artemis Fowl

Fave movie: LotR, All of the Star Wars episodes, Monthy Python and the Holy Graal, Forgotten Silver, Sister act 1 and 2, Cool Runnings and Birdcage, Kandahar

Fave sport: Oh yuck, I hate sports!!! Guess it has to be bowling (is that a sport?), coz you don't have to run or anything, just toss a ball...

Fave store: Clothes: H&M Books: All bookstores are great, as long as there is books in them [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Fave music: Erykah Badu rocks, so does Eminem, Enya, Lisa Gerrard, Aretha Franklin, Rufus Wainwright and loads of more artists wich I can't remember right now, but I actually listen to mostly everything from rock music to Vanessa Carlton.

What you can't stand: Britney Spears, people who think that they are better than everyone else, people who dis other people coz of their race, religion etc. ehrm, racists that is...

What you plain dislike: Yucky stuff, like slimy rocks and such, yuck. Romantic Comedies, ugh....

Who you admire: Many people, my sister, mother Theresa, my mom, my grandma, all thoose people who live in war and have a really hard time, but still stay strong.

What you most love to do: Sit down and enjoy a really great book while eating something really good

Your self-confessed flaws: I talk too much, I have a habit to get very annoying.... hehehe...... Oh, and I can get quite agressive sometimes...

What intrigues/fascinates you: Differences(sp?) and similarities in different religions, watching a flame burn

What scares you: Weird spooky sounds that appear when the wind blows against my window, war, racists, axe murderers (sp?)

Quotation to live by: Den dagen, den sorgen (swedish quotation, hard to translate, kinda 'that day, that sorrow', like, don't worry about it until the time comes,)

Additional comments: BarrowDowns rocks!!! So does Tolkien [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Oh, and Happy Birthday Aman! Very very very late, I know... but, congrats anyway [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Mlo ]
Mlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 08:44 AM   #141
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
What you can't stand: Britney Spears...
Ha ha! Me either!

What I can't stand: Bookstores that have more dirty magazines than books! grr... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 09:48 AM   #142
Maddox

Sting

Maika

Quote:
Fave book: Moby D*ck, Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, 2001: A space odyssey, Tolkien
Since I know how much you love Poe and Kafka I'm very surprised that you didn't mention any of their works. Don't tell me you forgot? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 03:46 PM   #143
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'd like to add to my list of favourite books: His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, and The Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce.

(By the way, my birthday's the same as Amandaduial's. Happy (belated) birthday, Aman! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 04:15 PM   #144
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
Additional comments: Never, ever, EVER see The Ring!!!!!! And if you have already, I pity you and God bless you.
Well, Ith, now I know EXACTLY what movie to rent for you come next summer.

Quote:
Future Aspirations: To get married to Elijah Wood
My sister already has plans for that.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 04:23 PM   #145
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I saw The Ring. Pity me. It was really dumb. So dumb, that it took away my I.Q. points (not that I had many in the first place!)
Old 11-02-2002, 06:40 PM   #146
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Quote:
Since I know how much you love Poe and Kafka
GAH! How could I neglect to mention the masters? Maybe if I bang my head against the wall, I can persuade the two peas I call braincells to actually work... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 11-02-2002, 07:15 PM   #147
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

Name (that you go by): Steve (howd u guess)
Future Aspirations: to become a classical percussionist
Goal in life: to be the best percussionist in the world
Short term goals: to beable to play "The Rythem Method" by Rush - Niel Peart
Passion: Music
Hobbies: Preforming me music, and posting on here
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): in 1 year I went from carry the Cymbol music for marching band to playing Timpani and Aux Percussion for the school show, with no assistant
Fave book: Lotr TTT
Fave movie: Spaceballs/Lotr Fotr
Fave sport: Hockey
Fave store: Sam Ash
Fave music: Rush (softrock-rock-hardrock)

What you can't stand: Homophobic people/smokers
What you plain dislike: all of the above in last category
Who you admire: Niel Peart - Drummer for Rush
What you most love to do: Playing my Music
Your self-confessed flaws: im Clumbsey and I allways think baddly and berate myself
What intrigues/fascinates you: Pianists
What scares you: Life
Quotation to live by: "You can fight, fight without ever winning, but never win, win without a fight" - Rush; Album: Test for Echo: Resist

Additional comments: MEOW!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 07:18 PM   #148
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hmm... steve, do you like music? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yes, I'm being a "smart aleck", but, hey, its fun!

Quote:
Additional comments: MEOW!
Eh?
Old 11-02-2002, 08:02 PM   #149
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

Quote:
What you most love to do: (this is a family friendly forum, right?) ... and then a cigaret
Oh, so a ciggie afterwards, eh? Ah, men are all the same. I decided to ditch the cliché, and eat sushi instead, it's better for your heart.

Quote:
Future Aspirations: To get married to Elijah Wood
Quote:
My sister already has plans for that.
Catfight!
Old 11-02-2002, 09:55 PM   #150
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Quote:
Well, Ith, now I know EXACTLY what movie to rent for you come next summer.
*stands up on podium and calls attention of all BDers*: NEVER TRUST AN ELIJAH LOVER WHO KNOWS YOU PERSONALLY!!!!!

Quote:
What intrigues/fascinates you: Cellos.
I love you. I play the violin. I tried to play the cello in sixth grade. I often wish I'd succeeded. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

*sits back and watches catfight with Lush.*

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 10:37 PM   #151
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Gee, In June, when I first did this, I listed my Short-term goal as "leaving my Mother-in-Law speechless" and in all that time I still haven't reached it! Granted, no one else has either...
Old 11-02-2002, 11:22 PM   #152
Nemoi13

Sting

Name (that you go by): Dave

Age: 13 (in 50 days I'll be 14, let the cowntdown begin)

Occupation: 9th grade student (I just cant think of anything else)

Future Aspirations: To become a lawyer, even though I still dont know where to go to, i mean, I can go anywhere and I just want the best, any suggestions?

Goal in life: Just to stay as I am... the cool guy!!

Short term goals: Keep being popular and to survive next week's exams [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Passion: Umm... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Hobbies: God, just everything. I act, I sing, I play instruments, I'm great at all kinds of sports like hochey, football, tennis, swimming, basket, baseball, volleyball (I just loooove this one), skiing, skating, snowboarding and I'm sure I'm forgeting many, I also draw, I know 4 languages right now, which is one of the coolest things, and just stuff like that.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Well, I must accept, at the beginning I was very famous because of my parents but later people actually started noticing me because I was, like, good at everything and just because I'm a really cool. Umm, I'm also very famous because of my parties, god, they're great!!!

Fave book: The Silm!!!! My favourite book is the Silm, there's nothing else to be said.
Fave movie: Shrek, lol, I thought it was hillarious
Fave sport: Hockey!!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Fave store: GAP, Oakley...
Fave music: Eminem, Enya, things like that

What you can't stand: People that say that anyone that's popular is evil [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] and blah blah blah, I just can't stand it
What you plain dislike: I also dislike Romantic Comedies!!!
Who you admire: Umm, right now no one, hmm, why?
What you most love to do: To be with my friends!!
Your self-confessed flaws: Stubborn, selfish, I can get hyper and i think I have a problem with alcohol [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It really sucks
What intrigues/fascinates you: Fights, verbal fights, they're very cool
What scares you: My Art teacher, she's crazy, I swear, oh, and there's this other teacher that gave me social studies classes in 5th grade and, I dont know if she hit herself or something but now she's just a total Psycho and she stands on top of tables and starts dancing and singing, its pretty disgusting
Quotation to live by: Well, I dont know if this is a "quatation", no, i I dont think it is, it's more of a long speech, but I love it. It's from Chrono Cross and it's very long:

"I've been waiting an eternity
just for this very moment...

Meaninglessly hurting one another...
The dissapearing life-forms...

The words that become deleted...
The thoughts that become buried...
The pool of cells that slowly evaporate...
The echos of conciousness that slowly fade...

Love to hate...
Hate to love...
Why are we born?
Why do we die?

Evolution?
The "survival of the fittest"?
What is there to be achieved from
hurting one another...
killing one another...

The "eggs" that we call planets...
And the innumerable "spermatozoa"
which gather around these
that we call life-forms

When one of those countless seeds
inseminates a planet
a new universe is born

But until that occurs,
hundreds of millions of years will pass,
and innumerable life-forms will be born,
then die...

This is the be-all and end-all
Everything exists for that one moment
All so that the universe can evolve
into the next dimension...

Does that make us all just pawns?
Are each of our short lives
nothing but a cheap sacrifice
just so the one chosen life-form
can be born?

No. That is not the case!
Eeach and every one of us
has a chance of becoming
that one chosen life-form
which inseminates a planet.
Yes, it could be "you"...

Genes and environment...
Each of us tries to do his best
under the limited conditions
we are each dealt.

Eeach life-form that attempts to
eke out a decent life for itself
forms a link in the golden chain
that leads to the creation of
a new universe.

If one link is missing,
there will be no future.

There is no such thing as
a useless life-form...
No such thing as
a pawn!

Every single thing
in the whole of nature
is perhaps just dreaming
a dream of "life"...

All of them are also
perhaps nothing more than
a dream dreamt by the planet
before it is born.

Oh, but yes...
Eventually all dreams
will return to Zurvan...
to the sea of dreams..."

Schala "Kid" Zeal

Additional comments: Mooo! I'm a cow. My head hurts.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:35 AM   #153
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
Catfight!
Well, this "catfight" won't last long as my sister is not part of the forum (she's not an LOTR fan). When Faye made that comment, I couldn't help remembering hearing my sister fantasize last January about how she is going to marry Elijah. Each time she heard me mention someone who fantasized about him, she would ask, "Well, did you tell them that he is mine?" She even sent him a birthday card that month, decorated and everything! (And it's not like he's going to read it right away, and then hang it up on his wall. )

Alright, I'm done rambling about my weird sister (who will probably kill me if she ever sees this post). Carry on.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 06:03 AM   #154
Mlo
Haunting Spirit

Mlo has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

FLs...... they are strange... ok, I feel mean now, but how can you like someone just becouse of how they look? Ok, very off topic kinda, I'll just be quiet.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Mlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 07:48 AM   #155
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't worry, you'll get your catfight. My lil sis ia a FrodoFancier, and wants to marry E.W. And she plans to join this board. Uh oh
Losthuniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 09:43 AM   #156
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

well, i cant help it...its the amazingly blue eyes....the cute accent...*sigh*

erm, yeah, sorry...

elfpup:
Quote:
The Chronicles of Faerie
by who? I think iv read them but i cant remember the individual titles.

Quote:
What intrigues/fascinates you: Cellos
yeah! cellos rule! however, not so much when working up to grade 5 (nightmarish, evil scales....)
Old 11-03-2002, 10:24 AM   #157
Nemoi13

1420!

Brinniel, your sister's not weird, I'm afraid she's just one of the many lost souls [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2002, 12:12 PM   #158
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
Amanaduial :
The Chronicles of Faeire, by O.R. Melling. You read 'em? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2002, 02:13 PM   #159
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

ah. no sorry elf pup. they just sounded like a different set that Id read. Ill remember to check them out though- Im a little low on readin material at the moment.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:54 PM   #160
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Sting

Name (that you go by): Cúdae (pronounce it right and you are one of my favorite people! "Dae" is pronounced "dye.")
Future Aspirations: to become an archaeological architect
Goal in life:to write an epic fantasy novel to rival Tolkien's works. (Please don't kill me for saying so.)
Short term goals: earning my black belt
Passion: writing
Hobbies: acting, drawing, reading, writing, the martial arts, and archery
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): my part as the Phantom in my school's production of The Phantom of the Opera. I was cast as the phantom even though I am female and the phantom is a man's part.

Fave book: Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien and The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
Fave movie: Black Hawk Down and Excalibur
Fave sport: archery
Fave store: no store in particular but I love little hole-in-the-wall book shops
Fave music: "goth" and "alternative" rock as well as broadway soundtracks and the soundtracks from Cirque du Soliel

What you can't stand: people who chew with their mouth open.
What you plain dislike: corn beef and cabbage [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Who you admire: Queen Elizabeth the First
What you most love to do: archery
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm very quick to anger and I snap at people far too much
What intrigues/fascinates you: Wicca
What scares you: Christmas time
Quotation to live by: "Not all who wander are lost."--J.R.R. Tolkien

Additional comments: Nothing is worse than being expelled from the library for having too many overdue book fines unpaid. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: Cúdae ]