Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2002, 12:50 PM   #121
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

Amanalkarion was still furious, but had to hold it in until he found something to take his anger out on. He ran past the inn door, but banged slap into someone. The fury of himself and of Namien burst out and he grabbed the staranger by the throat. He just managed to control himself, and let go.
"Would you watch where you're going," he said roughly.
The person simply lifted their chin and stared at him defiantly. There was something in that stare that he recognised.....
"Kalia!" he gasped.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:55 PM   #122
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
Sting

On his way back to his room, Thorondruin realised he shouldn't leave the loot unguarded all night, so he made a side trip to get it fom the stable. When he made it back to his room, he looked at the sacks dubiously, unsure where it would be really safe. Finally, he slipped them under his pillow and blankets and in this way spent a secure, if less than comfortable, night.

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-23-2002, 09:24 AM   #123
Lady Death
Pile O'Bones

Lady Death has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Since her father was too drunk to work any further, Livia decided to clean up and close the Bar for the night. She eyed the huge, evil looking man in fear and pitied his elvish companion. But she siently carried on her work, doing her best not to get anyone's undesired attention.
She also observed the other mean looking man carrying large sacks and bundles with him upstairs to his room. She didn't like the looks of these people and wished that they would soon leave her father's inn.

00C - I didn't know who Belin is so I wrote myself in, if it's a prob, I can edit my post.
Mankind's worst nightmare in the form of it's sweetest dream, Lady Death, is ever a woman of contradictions- and with good reason for the blood of both angels and demons flows through her veins. The life of the woman who would become known as Death began as a young girl named Hope in Medieval Europe. Hope was the daughter of Matthias, a 666th generation descendant of the fallen angels, and Marion, a woman so pure her bloodline reached to Heaven
Old 07-24-2002, 01:23 AM   #124
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

<<<Greetings from Oregon!>>>

Kalia stared in surprise at Amanalkarion as she dusted herself off.
"What are you doing here?" she asked him.
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 07-24-2002, 03:15 AM   #125
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

Amanalkarion reposted his usual blank look, heavy eyebrows furrowed, mouth set in a straight line.
"What are you doing here?" he asked. Kalia pushed him.
"You shouldn't answer a question with a question." she said airily.
"I am following a band of-well, I'm not sure what they are, but guess who's here. Ollea! Ollea Firestorm. Valarindi."
Kalia gasped.
"Are you sure?"
"Of course I'm sure, I've spoken to her myself. What do you take me for?" Amanalk growled. He did not like being doubted.
"Besides, she was the only one who didn't blink an eyelid when I told of my true heritage."
Old 07-24-2002, 03:24 AM   #126
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

"Well then, where is she? I was just taking a break from traveling. I take you for someone with an incredible past. Might I be able to come with you?" Kalia asked, answering his quesions and asking a couple of her own. "I think I saw the ones you are looking for. But I don't know, they're just suspicious to me. They were drunk out of thir minds. And I think one is a psychopath. Help any? And I ask you again. Can I join you?" she added with a serious look on her face and a business-like tone to her voice. She stared straight at him, trying to see what decision he would come to.
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 07-24-2002, 03:34 AM   #127
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Amanalkarion kept staring, trying to get her to look away.
"You can join me." he said. "But I wouldn't advise you to join them." He stretched out his long arm in the direction of the inn. "Ollea is inside. I had to show them what I can do. Gypsy elf indeed. And you know perfectly well of my past. How long is it we've been friends now?"
Kalia smirked. "More like partners in crime."
Old 07-24-2002, 03:48 AM   #128
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Loosing interest in the cold elf maid, Ozracles swaggered over to the bar counter and held up two fingers at the nubile young barmaid. She looked at him aprehensively and said in a soft, timid voice, "The bar is closed, sir."

The barbarian raised both eyebrows and bellowed, " Closed? What do you mean, wench?"

"I mean..er .." she stammered.

"The bar will close when I am no longer in need of drink," slurred Ozracles, "Now hand me my ale."

The girl meekily poured out another flagon and came around to place it infront of the leering barbarian. As she was about to leave, he grabbed her. Holding her close to him as she struggled in vain, he said, "Hello, my pretty. You are coming with us tomorrow on a little trip...bring some of the finest ale you have with you then..."

"What?" she gasped, fear etched across her pretty face.

"Oh yes," snarled Ozracles, "You are our little guarantee that your father does not get any ideas.... while we are gone."

His face close to hers when he spoke, his breath reeked of the ale he had been guzzling the past few hours. She tried to wrest free of his grasp but he was too strong for her. She looked around pleadingly at the others in the bar, but alas no one looked back, some were too terrified to interfere while others slept off the ale they had drunk. The bald behemoth guzzled his ale and laughed aloud.

Ooc - Livia(Lady D) - your cue... heh heh
Old 07-24-2002, 11:39 AM   #129
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ollea had made it to the campsite, but the barbarians had remained true to their word, sparing no one. With a heavy heart, she turned back in the diection of the inn.
This time she took no chances to be seen. She dismounted her horse in the forest, wincing slightly as her bad leg bore her weight briefly. At least it wasn't as bad as it was a few hours ago, and she could almost walk comfortably, with only a slight limp. Pulling her cloak closely around her, she broke into an empty room on the first floor. If she were still to follow these people they must not see her...or at least recognize her. At least she had kept heself concealed within her cloak most of the time, but they knew her face now, and would be on the alert.
Well at least I might rest here until morning, she thought, but bark out a harsh and mirthless laugh as she glanced out the window through which she had entered. The sky in the east was lightening already, with dawn perhaps an hour away, not likely more.
The room was near the entrance, and she opened the door a crack to see if any of the band was still awake. Ozracles was harassing a young barmaid, which was hardly surprising; Dinenliel was sitting-or sleeping- at a table, blind drunk. Himelilek was nowhere to be seen, but Ollea guessed that she might be sleeping off however much ale she had drunk. Knowing Himelilek, that would likely be quite alot.
Amanalkarion was talking to someone standing just beyond the inn door. She did not recognized the other on sight, but he heard him call her 'Kalia'. Ollea had never met this Kalia, but her reputation preceded her, and she had heard tales of the dealings of Kalia. They didn't seem inclined to partake in the company in the band, and that was a small comfort.
That was before Ollea heard him say that she was inside. She closed the door quickly before relaxing slightly. "Of course," she murmered to herself, smiling wryly.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #130
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Kalia stared back with interest in this information. But, why shouldn't she join the others? Aside from the fact that she hated drunken people.
"Tell me. Why shouldn't I join theose other people?" she asked, thinking about what would happen if she went with Amanalk instead of the others. They had been talking of something, yes, loot, that they had stolen, and where would loot be obtained if she went with him? Oh well. Might be worth it if I stick with Amanalk, she thought, waiting for a reply.

Who are you?
Old 07-24-2002, 02:40 PM   #131
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Amanalkarion shrugged.
"They are unsavoury characters...not our type of people."
Old 07-24-2002, 02:46 PM   #132
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

"Ah, makes sense. So who else is with you?" Kalia asked.

Who are you?
Old 07-24-2002, 02:50 PM   #133
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

"With me, or that bunch of.....hemhem."
Old 07-24-2002, 02:56 PM   #134
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ollea watched the conversation from her crack in the door with interest. Maybe I have some allies in this after all, she thought.

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: tangerine ]
Old 07-24-2002, 03:03 PM   #135
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Amanalkarion sensed he was being watched. He quickly shot a jet of water at the doorway, where two eyes were glaring through. A spluttering noise came from inside. He went straight over and pulled out Ollea.
Amanalk had that look in his eyes that said ' You fool.' He looked as if he were laughing at you. Ollea pulled away indignantly.
"Well well. We were just talking about you." he said softly.
"I know." replied Ollea, jutting her chin out and sticking her nose in the air.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:04 PM   #136
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

"I'll come with you, Amanalk," Kalia replied.

Who are you?
Old 07-24-2002, 03:08 PM   #137
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

"Very well," answered Amanalk, not taking his eyes off Ollea.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:51 PM   #138
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ollea looked closely at Amanalk, trying to percieve what was going on behind that proud brow. "What are you doing here?" She asked in a low voice. Amanalk smirked down at her. "I could ask the same of you."
She glanced over at the drunken Ozracles, still too distracted with his ale and the barmaid to notice the commotion. She shook her head disgustedly. "Look. Whatever you're planning to do here, I need to stay out of sight of them. I don't need any more injuries on top of what I already have." Realization struck suddenly like a hammer. "Was it the wolf? Khelek? Is that why you came?"
Old 07-24-2002, 04:03 PM   #139
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

> tangerine, I like you, will you please join my rpg?<

"Well..." Amanalkarion was suddenly alert.
"Which injuries?" he asked. Ollea showed him her mangled leg. Amanalk ran a finger down ot. His touch was cold, but the wounds healed immediatly.
"There."
Old 07-24-2002, 04:25 PM   #140
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Opening her eyes, she groaned as the light penetrated what felt like were orbs of goo. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, grimacing when she realized that her gauntlets were still on and they scratched at the bridge of her nose. Looking down, the grimace deepened the lines on her smooth face as she realized that her armor was still on. She must have drank too much and then was deposited on the bed after someone realized she would be in the way when unconscious.

She heaved a great sigh and threw the gauntlets off of her hands and then the armor went next, into a pile on the bed, along with her cloak, soft leather boots, her weapon and an empty tankard that wasn't pried from her hands when she slipped into her drunken stupor. The elf felt slightly humiliated because of her behavior, so unbefitting an elf, but with a shrug the thoughts were banished as quickly as they came.

She stood in her light cotton tunic and leggings and crossed lazily over to a bowl that sat on the table, full of steaming hot water. A wash cloth and a bar of lye soap sat beside it in a neat pile. Himelilek quickly washed, scrubbing the grime from her face until her skin was bright pink from the rough cloth.

After her grooming, she sat on the bed, pulling her long fingers through her hair, wincing as the snags were ruthlessly torn and worked at. Finally, she rebraided it and threw it back and began to dress. She hadn't even finished getting on her boots when there was a loud knock at the door. In alarm and by sheer habit, she picked her knife up and tossed it in the general direction of the noise. Laughing at herself, she pulled the knife but it didn't dislodge itself from the thick wooden planks, but pulled the door open. There stood Orzacles with a leering grin on his face that Himelilek only met by one of her own. "Is that the way you always open a door?" his gruff voice asked.

She grunted and yanked again, the knife falling loose onto the floor. Himelilek hauled it in by the chain like catching a fish, neatly hanging it from a hook on her wide leather belt. "What do you want?" She grumbled, her headache suddenly throbbing in beat with the barbarian's footfalls.

"We are leaving soon." he said, eyeing her shrewdly.

Standing, she looked down at him with her cool eyes, her face twisted in an ugly smile. "Fine. To the silmaril, we go." She said happily, nothing short of skipping from the room, following after the grim men.

Sorry, if I stepped on your toes, Susan. I couldn't think of any other reason they could go and see Himelilek and she isn't going to be passed out all night or the whole RPG...
Old 07-24-2002, 07:48 PM   #141
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

OOC: Is this "What with one thing and another, the whole night passed"? It's fine. I was going to do something silmilar anyway.

As Thorondruin waited for Ozracles to return with Himelilek, he peered around at the empty room. It was the hour before dawn, and there were sleeping bodies lying here and there on the floor and at the tables. He grimaced in distaste as someone rolled over onto his foot. The man stank.
He noticed the wench over in the corner, trying not to be noticed. With an eager leer, he strolled over and grabbed her arm, hauling her to her feet. She shrank away from him. hmm, he thought Ozracles has been at this one, I'd wager.
"Well, where's that innman, Remdil?"
She sniffled. "My father's-"
"Father? Even better! Where?" He shook her where she stood, but she only trembled. The thought of going with these men was terrifying to her.
Thorondruin began to become angry. He lifted her by the shoulders and shouted into her face, "When I ask a question, I expect an answer, [ME equivalent to female dog]! Now where is he?"
A new voice broke in. "Hai! What are you doing to her!"
Recognising the voice, Thorondruin dropped the wench and turned to face Remdil. "Why, looking for you," Thorondruin sneered in an oily voice. "I thought we might need a captive. It was going to be you, but I think the girl will be much, much better."
Remdil was staring at him in shock. He was trying to remember how many men had been in that cabin. Was it three, or four? With a shout of, "You're not taking her anywhere!", he dove in front of Livia, trying to protect her, but Thorondruin easily pushed him aside and grabbed the girl and started toward the door. Halfway there, he turned and added, "Oh, and if I get any hint of pursuit, she dies." He went to join Ozracles and Himelilek where they waited by the door. Remdil was still kneeling on the floor where Thorndruin had shoved him. He heard a desparing cry of "Father...!" as they vanished from sight, and all he could do was watch.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:32 PM   #142
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ooc - I was hoping for a response from Lady D, but hey.. the game must go on.

Ozracles grinned at the girl Thorondruin dragged behind him, she looked away in hate and disgust.
"There is much more to gain from that fiesty little one," he laughed into Himelilek's now radiant face.
The elf smiled nonchalantly and looked away disinterestedly.
The bald barbarian laughed aloud and mounted one of the stolen horses. There were six animals and four of them were burdened with the spoils of the night before.
Ozracles and Himelilek shared one while Thorondruin held on to the girl Livia on the other.
The party of brigands rode out into the early morning light.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:22 AM   #143
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
1420!

Remdil's head was still pounding, and he'd spent the night feeling resentful and ill-used. They'd called him Rimdal, made a terrible mess (which he didn't suppose he'd be exempted from having to clean) frightened away most if not all of the other guests, and only paid about half the bill. Besides, they were unforgivably rude, and stared at him the same way that self-possessed, clever merchants did when they thought they could hoodwink him.

Now he was enraged. There was no doubt in his mind that they fully intended to kill Livia, and Thoronduil's threat fell on deaf ears. He stood very, very still for a moment, allowing his resolve to gather.

He walked to the doorway and, standing unseen, watched them leave. Northeast they rode, laughing uproariously at some unheard and doubtless vulgar joke of Himelilek's, toward Neniant.

He'd seen their plunder. With the lack of taste typical of travelers, they'd taken a great deal of gold and enough jewelry to deck out all their elf-women as queens, but very little of anything useful. The inn was still well-stocked with food and blankets, which they were sure to notice and need. They would stop at Neniant, oh, yes, they would.

Remdil stumbled out into the sunlight, blinking. The watch was far more efficient than it seemed, and kept much better horses than visitors at the inn, and, as he remembered, so did that of Neniant.

He knew just where to find Gondeithel at this time of morning.

<<OOC: Neniant means "Bridgewater" (a tiny joke of mine), so please remember that there is a river in that town. >>

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-26-2002, 06:01 PM   #144
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin was very pleased with the way things had turned out. The wench ought to good for hours of sport, and the thought of it made him laugh eagerly. At the sound, he felt Livia trembling, na dhe held her tighter. She didn't know for exactly what purpose she'd been kidnapped, but she knew it boded no good for her, and she had an idea it wasn't just as a hostage. She rode along on the horse's withers and thought about all she knew of men (not very much; she was young yet) and she thought of the evil sound of the man's laughter, and suddenly she knew. She knew why they'd thought she would be better to take than her father. She couldn't take it. With a sudden scream, she dove off the horse and into the bushes on the side of the road. She rolled as she landed and came up on her back. Thorondruin was quick to pursue and when he caught up to her, he pinned her down and said, softly "Not so fast, little girl. I'll not have you leaving with what I want."
Ozracles and Himelilek had noticed the commotion and as they ran up to see what was going on, Thorondruin dragged the girl back to his horse.

I couldn't. The muse wanted it, but I couldn't keep it. I'm sorry for anyone who had to read it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ July 28, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-28-2002, 04:38 AM   #145
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"You'd best handle that little one with more care, Thor," laughed Ozracles, "She is our guarantee for this little excursion."

"I know, you oaf," said Thorondruin, "She tried to escape."

"Oho, A fiesty little one," smirked Himelilek, "You must remind me to punish her once her usefulness to us is at an end."

"Aye, and I will too," said Ozracles, slapping the elf on the back.

Ooc - I thought so too, Susan....it got a bit too gritty then.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:44 PM   #146
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

As they rode along the trail, Himelilek observed that they'd left the town in to much of a hurry to buy supplies.
"There's another town about ten miles up the road. We could go there," She said.
Throndruin though about this a while. "No," he said, "I'm tired of hanging around in towns. We should keep going toward Ossiriand. We'll find some farm along the way and get food there. Anyway, it would be hard to explain this girl in any town."
Ozracles and Himeleilek nodded in agreement.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:24 PM   #147
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

The three of them- Kalia, Amanlkarion and Ollea- had drawn into the shadows of a tucked-away corner when the troup, hung over yet filled with maniac energy, left the inn with their young captive. The girl's father, seething with rage, came after them moments later after recovering from his shock. Ollea could see that desperate pieces of some plan were coming together in this man's mind to recover his child, and he would likely stop for no one. They let hiim go, unmolested by their prodding words. It was just as well. He would not have listened to them in his state of mind.
She turned to Amanalk. The first real rays of sunlight were coming from a nearby window, making his dark red hair burn with a dull fire. "I mean to follow them," She said clearly. "I do not mean to be seen. I do not even know if they will make it to Ossiriand, but if they do, I must do something. You do what you like." Her face a mask, she rose from to table where the three were seated and walked to the door. Once outside, she gave a low whistle, a summons to her horse in the forest, and waited.

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: tangerine ]
Old 08-01-2002, 11:06 PM   #148
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Kalia followed Ollea.
"I wish to come too," she said, whistling for her horse. She stuck her head into the bar and looked at Amanalk. "Are you going to come?"

Who are you?
Old 08-01-2002, 11:57 PM   #149
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"We can get our food from the farmlands," announced Thorondruin.

The bald barbarian grunted, "There is plenty of food we can hunt for."

The captive girl sat meekly on the horse and thought that whatever food the barbarian hunted would be as repulsive as these three vile creatures she was forced to accompany.

Then suddenly Himelilek stiffened, her heightened elvish senses detected something. "I think we are being watched or followed," she said.

"Whoever that may be, we will deal with them in the manner that suits all spies." snarled Thorondruin and Ozracles laughed as he emptied the last drops of stale wine from his waterskin into his thirsting mouth.

[ August 02, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 08-02-2002, 05:48 AM   #150
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Amanalk turned his face eastwards, towards the rising sun.
"Yes." he answred.
Old 08-02-2002, 02:15 PM   #151
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

As Ollea watched her horse come bursting out of the forest, the other two stepped outside the door of the inn, standing by her side. A smile cast its lightest touch upon her lips, and she glanced at her new companions briefly. As much as she was trying to make it look like she could take their company or leave it, it was far safer to travel across open and possibly hostile territory in numbers rather than alone, and she was inwardly grateful for the company.
The gray stallion approached her, and she mounted it, riding bareback. Then turned her eyes to Kalia and Amanlkarion.

< I'm gonna be gone until the 15th or 16th. Try not to kill off my character, anything else you do is fine by me, as long as I can get back in when I get back. Later!>
Old 08-03-2002, 08:13 AM   #152
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Amanalk saddled his great purple horse- well, got on its back. There was no saddle.
Amanalk followed the group at a slow canter. They could still see glimpses of them on the horizon. Amanalkarion broke into a gallop, not waiting for the girls to catch up. Then, quite suddenly and for no apparent reason, he turned off the road they were following, and galloped that way.
"Where are you going?" Ollea gasped when she finally caught up.
"We cannot follow them, they will suspect something." Amanalkarion replied without looking at her.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:38 PM   #153
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

>Sorry, short posts today<

Kalia looked at Ollea and shrugged. Kicking her heels into her black stallion's sides, she galloped after Amanalkarion.

Who are you?
Old 09-03-2002, 03:18 AM   #154
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Amanalk galloped away, still making sure to keep a reasonable distance behind the other troup. He recalled Heimlilek's words...You don't know anything about anything...Gypsy elf. Then he remembered how he had gotten his revenge. Taking a shot, he blasted a tree with fire. His powers were fine. Then he bent closer to the neck of his horse.
>reviving a brilliant but kinda dead RPG<
Old 09-03-2002, 03:41 AM   #155
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Phoenix Solitude has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix Solitude Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Solitude
Tolkien

Please look at this RPGs discussion board. Thanks, Phoenix. I will delete this post when I am rejected or approved.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:31 PM   #156
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

As they rode on, Thorondruin continued to listen to the rustling sounds. They were definitely being followed; the sounds were sometimes behind and sometimes ahead, but they were always there. After an hour of this, he called a halt for a meal, loudly anouncing the fact. Ozracles and Himelilek looked at him like he was insane-they had few supplies and had already agreed not to stop-but they obligingly halted and dismounted, watching to see what he wanted. Thorondruin stayed on his horse, listening as the following sounds gradually quieted down in a thicket on the north side of the clearing. By this time, the others had an idea why he'd had them stop and when he gestured them toward the clearing, they knew what to do. Himelilek circled around in front to flush the stranger out while Ozracles went behind. Himelilek walked straight toward the thicket and when the man panicked and tried to flee, Ozracles leapt out of hiding and caught him around the waist. Ozracles dragged him, kicking and screaming, before Thorondruin. After ten minutes and several irritated cuffs from Ozracles, the stranger had calmed down enough to stand still.
He was young and very thin, and looked (and smelled) as though he hadn't bathed in far too long. His clothes were in rags, and despite the defiance with which he stared up at Thorondruin, Thor sensed that he was very frightened. He decided to move somewhat carefully.
"All right, who are you? Why were you following us?"
The man said nothing, only continued to stare, but Thorondruin knew from his look that he wouldn't be able to tolerate the silence and he was content to wait for a response. Eventually he got one: the man muttered something to his feet, which were all but bare. Oz cuffed the back of his neck and growled, "Speak up!"
He gave Oz a hateful look and spoke a little more loudly. "My name's Carathon. I followed you because you looked like you might have food."
Torondruin considered this. He glanced around at the others to judge their reactions as well. Oz looked understandably annoyed, but Himelilek was staring at the stranger consideringly. "Well, Himelilek, what do you think?"
She nodded slightly as if coming to a decision and turned to face Thor where he still sat his horse. "We could always use someone to do the chores."
"Ahh...our chores, I take it? We certainly could at that." He laughed a little, not in amusement, and Carathon gave him a wary look.
"Very well!" Thor continued, "Himelilek, give him some of that dried meat you have." While she turned to her saddlebags to get the meat, Thorondruin turned to Oz. "Well, are you willing to carry him on your horse until we can get him one of his own?"
Oz grinned and gave the newcomer a friendly clout on the back that nearly knocked him off his feet. "Absolutely!" Oz exclaimed, "Happy to!"
Thorondruin laughed, a real laugh this time, and gestured for everyone to mount up. As they rode away, he considered ways he could use the new man. Yes, he could definitley be useful.

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 09-04-2002, 09:15 AM   #157
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Just as Carathon struggled to mount Ozracles's tall stallion, the barbarian nudged the animal forward, causing the new man to fall flat on his face onto the muddy floor. Carathon sat up, spluttering and cursing as Ozracles laughed.

"I'd much rather have her seated with me," he said, pointing at the captive girl, behind Thorondruin's mount. "When this maggot has rid himself of his foul stench and rags, he may ride with me... or else he can run behind us."

With that the barbarian kicked at the young man, who fell flat again trying to avoid the blow. With a roar of raucous laughter, Ozracles rode off toward Himelilek, who also shared his amusement as Thorondruin shook his head.

"Run along behind us, Carathon," he said, "until you find yourself a horse."

The young man's shoulders slumped as he fell in step behind the rouges.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:59 AM   #158
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Phoenix Solitude has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix Solitude Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Solitude
Tolkien

Everyone's being mean to me!! But Cimmerian and Susan you are both really exellent role players! Talk about getting into a character!

Carathon dragged his feet slowly through the mud and wet. He had wolfed down the meat so quickly that his empty stomach felt painful when he breathed. His wole body trembled in the cold, and he weaved from side to side, disorientated from hunger and cold. In his naive and starved mind he had notions that these people were not good, but they had food, and they would give it to him. If he was good. He murmed it to himself that he may not forget.
"I must be good...I must be good." He could remember the other people who he had helped. They did not feed him. He had stolen food and been beaten for it. Their scathing words rang in his ears.
"Bad, very bad"
The words were punctuated with slaps. He could feel them still, landing hard on his bruised back, shoulders shuddering.
"Bad, bad, bad"
The slaps were hard, biting...real...
Ozracles was slapping his scruffy head.
"Keep up scum, or you'll be left here."
Then he rode off, head held proudly.
Carathon felt the cold and shivered. A thin rain began to fall.

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Phoenix Solitude ]
Old 09-04-2002, 10:41 PM   #159
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
1420!

Gondeithel, head of the watch, looked busy, in spite of the fact that was leaning against the well outside his house as Remdil came up. It was a gift. The man could have been taking a nap in sun and he'd still have given the impression that he had no time for you today, or most likely tomorrow either. At the moment, however, he was aided in this by a large book of records, at which he frowned intently. He utterly failed to look at Remdil.

"No, no, this makes no sense," he muttered, pushing his longish, neglected locks out of his face. "Idiot war."

Remdil cleared his throat.

"Idiot forces of evil," continued Gondeithel, still addressing himself to the book.

"Gondeithel--" Remdil started.

"Stupid useless bands of moronic maurading brigands, who do they think they are?" growled Gondeithel.

"Yes! Yes, exactly!" cried Remdil.

Gondeithel's head suddenly moved, and he directed a piercing and rather unfriendly gaze at Remdil. He did not glower-- Remdil's agreement had mollified him slightly-- but all the same, Remdil's unabashed return of his glare was impressive.

"Do you need something?" Gondeithel asked. His tone was perfectly even, not insulting at all, not unless you knew that this was the tone he used when choosing not to insult people he considered beneath his notice.

"Would I be talking to you if I didn't?" Gondeithel nodded slightly, as if in his mind the comment had already turned to his advantage. Remdil sighed heavily (his best attempt at sarcasm). "Look, it's brigands."

"Ah?"

I wonder if I would win a fistfight. "Yes, there was a huge gang of them in the inn last night.. the last two nights in a row, actually, and they..." Gondeithel's cool stare was not making things any easier. Remdil looked at the ground. "They took Livia. I need you to send some messengers to Neniant; I'm sure they'll be going there. And the Neniant watch--"

"Has its hands full. Much like me. Are you telling me that we now have kidnapping stupid useless bands of moronic maurading brigands? I would have thought the killing and plundering would keep them busy enough."

"No,no, they wanted to..." Remdil sorted hopelessly through his fuzzy memories of the night before. Nothing. All he knew was that somehow this was his fault. "... I think I got in their way."

"By yourself? You're a fool, Remdil."

Yes, yes, I am. "But she can be rescued yet. They have to go to Neniant, they have no food, and if we can save her... is this your post or not?"

"Is Neniant my post? Certainly not. I can't spare anybody. Three members of the watch were plenty of us before the war, for all the good that does us now, but now that insanity runs loose in the world and ruffians run loose in Garolin and, Remdil, wasn't somebody killed the other night?"

"Um... oh. Yes. Yes, that's right, they killed him too. Are you going to let this kind of chaos break out?"

Gondeithel laughed suddenly. "I don't plan to. Which is why I can't spare anybody." Something seemed to register with him, too late. "Livia? I'm sorry about that, Remdil." He meant it, too. Remdil could see the slight softening of some of the lines in the man's face.

"Look, she's alive. Or I think she is.."

"If they've taken to kidnapping we can't have this town unguarded. But.. well, why don't you go? I'm sure you'd prefer it to waiting for us to come back anyway."

"But Eolinda..."

Gondeithel gave a short laugh. "And what I've to deal with here is about thirty Eolindas. And I'm hearing all kinds of things.. orcs, evil spirits.. there was a man here the other day who claimed he'd seen a laughing giant of greatest beauty, but he must have been deranged. In any case, strange things are happening. I need to be here. But I'll lend you a horse."

"Gondeithel... don't you... hm. Thank you. Really."

Gondeithel inclined his head slightly and watched Remdil walk away in the general direction of the stables before turning back to his book. "Idiot war," he muttered savagely.

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 09-07-2002, 09:33 AM   #160
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Ooh, I'll teach them to leave without ME!" Dineniel muttered. "Think they can get it by themselves? They haven't got a proper thief among them, and not enough thugs to make up for that in brute force. And they're not going to get the Silmaril, either." she huffed.
"OK, first things first, I'm going to need another horse..." She headed to the Inn's stable and glanced around.
Hmm... she thought. I'll take...That one!
She glanced around to make sure no one was watching, and moments later exited the stable leading a nondescript grey.
I'm going to need some provisions...water first, I'll go 'shopping' on the way out of town
She rode up to a well and noticed someone she didn't exactly want to see standing by the well.
Argh! It's that innkeeper fellow! She jumped on the horse and galloped back in the opposite direction, not sure if she had been seen.

[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]