The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #41
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron
the green Scrubbing Bubbles scouring Minas Tirith
That's indeed a thing I've been wondering. Why couldn't they spare three or five seconds to show the people of Minas Tirith to see the rohirrim to come for their aid and make the effort? I mean it begged for those shots... the Gondorian soldiers on the walls feeling themselves doomed and betrayed by the rohirrim as Denethor put it and then seeing the cavalry gathering on the hill and blowing their horns to charge! What film would that have made!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:27 PM   #42
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron
If you really parse out the scenes in each movie, it is the unadulterated dialogue (even where another character speaks the lines) and scenes from the original plot that outshine the reinvented and reconfigured sensationalizations and muddled reinterpretations that characterized the scripting of Boyens and Jackson.
Much agreed. And to think at the time of first viewing FotR I wasn't happy that the 'unadulterated diagogue' flowed from the wrong lips. By TT and RotK, if only...
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 PM   #43
Jonathan

Fotr

The Fellowship of the Ring cause it was the closest to the books and the characters.

All the films are well done. but the Fellowship had the essence of Lord of The Rings and I think some of it was lost in the last two films.

I think the first one is probably the favorite of fans of the books. Those who never read the books would probably like the Return of the king the most.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #44
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
I liked all of them although TTT had my favourate scenes it was less like the book than the other two. Darn PJ.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #45
Lady_Arwen
Newly Deceased

Lady_Arwen has just left Hobbiton.
Hmmm, hard to say. Either Return of the King or The Two Towers, but I think I liked ROTK better.