Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #41
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Don't let me stop you! If you have an idea, go for it. If you don't, wait if you like.
I would have an idea if I had time to sit down and think and write, but I don't have time, so I am forced to wait.

Once more, I guess it boils down to whoever is here first with time and something to write, than that's the person to get a post in.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:41 PM   #42
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I've done it. I've taken the chances of being slapped on the hand and not only spoken for lord Eodwine, but also moved him. Er...I hope you're not too upset, Elempi. *Foley shrinks into a corner*

Anyway, when I first wrote the post, I had forgotten about Groin's recent one, but I've changed mine now. There should be stuff for other people to post now.

-- Folwren
Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 AM   #43
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'll try to reach up with this as well at last.

Btw. elempi, I also find Rowenna quite an interesting character so fear not that she would be sitting idly by as things go on... If Lommy (or someone else) doesn't insist I will take her to write...
Old 03-31-2008, 03:14 AM   #44
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Does Lhuna (or Kath) want to take Harreld (and Garreth)? I can take them if no one wants them, but I think they would work fine just being NPCs. As for Falco, I think he should either be played or then he should leave, but having him as a random NPC would not work because of his personality. In principle I could (and would maybe even like to) play him, but I'm afraid I know too little of him and am bit reluctant to start playing him on those grounds especially as you LMP have played him for so long...
Old 03-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #45
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had expected to post yesterday but came down with a very draining bug of some sort, and went to be very early.

Foley, your post is fine.

Noggie, cool!

Lommy, Falco has already threatened to leave once. I can write his departure back to the Shire before I'm done.

Maybe I'll get a chance to post today (still not feeling the greatest).
Old 03-31-2008, 09:05 AM   #46
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

Please remember to remove signatures from posts to the Meadhall thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 03-31-2008, 10:02 AM   #47
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think master Falco is such a character it would be better he'd leave if there's not a dedicated player to take him. That doesn't mean he couldn't come back the fine day you elempi decide to come back!

Also even if this should be self-evident I'd like to stress it once more: as long as you lmp will hang around at the 'Downs all your characters should be yours as well as leading the events on the Mead Hall.

And thank's for the maps lmp. Also if you have any ideas about Rowenna's past or future let me know. I can sure come up with something myself as well but if you had your own I'd like to hear them to help her stay as close as she was created.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #48
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I could probably take Harreld on though I'll give Lhuna first refusal, given he's pretty connected to Ginna. Garreth I think is still back at the old Mead Hall ... I am right about that one?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #49
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Also even if this should be self-evident I'd like to stress it once more: as long as you lmp will hang around at the 'Downs all your characters should be yours as well as leading the events on the Mead Hall.
Okay on my characters, but this is already the Scarburg Meadhall, we should begin a transition from my facilitating to yours.

Quote:
And thank's for the maps lmp.
Much welcomes!

Quote:
Also if you have any ideas about Rowenna's past or future let me know. I can sure come up with something myself as well but if you had your own I'd like to hear them to help her stay as close as she was created.
The only additional comment besides what I've written in her character bio is that she was the only child and much loved before the brigands came. As to her future, that is entirely up to the course of events.

Kath, Garreth still is in Edoras and visits the "White Horse Inn," as it has been renamed (and still owned by Eodwine), but he misses his brother and friends who have moved on to Scarburg, and (if I were writing him) will eventually come to Scarburg.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #50
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Kath, Garreth still is in Edoras and visits the "White Horse Inn," as it has been renamed (and still owned by Eodwine), but he misses his brother and friends who have moved on to Scarburg, and (if I were writing him) will eventually come to Scarburg.
Makes perfect sense. I was just checking I hadn't accidentally left someone else behind who was actually here!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #51
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Sorry to dump it on you again, Elempi. I really had nothing else to say.

And I'm off tomorrow morning - off out of town. I'll be gone until late Saturday night, and probably won't get a chance to post anything until Sunday afternoon/evening.

Have fun while I'm away.

-- Folwren
Old 04-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #52
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Am I still in charge of this?

I have only one more thing to add to this Day's action.

Does anybody else have more to write for toDay? If so, how many posts do you expect to write for this Day yet?

If we are to conclude this Day, do those who write here still want to "jump time"? Or do you want to start writing consecutive days like other rpgs?

If you want to jump time, how much time do you want to jump?

How much time and energy do you want to spend on the rebuilding of Scarburg?
Old 04-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #53
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by elempi
Am I still in charge of this?
If you can - for a while still - it would be appreciated. My next week and half / two weeks look just terrible as I seem to have more work there are hours in the days to do it. After that I'm ready to concentrate on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elempi
If we are to conclude this Day, do those who write here still want to "jump time"? Or do you want to start writing consecutive days like other rpgs?

If you want to jump time, how much time do you want to jump?
I think the basic idea of jumping time is good for this kind of writing but if we are to introduce some new players here it would be easier for them to join now than after a jump in time.

I'll ask Lommy tomorrow whether she has actually invited anyone of those we have spoken about so as to know should we wait for some people.

There should be no problem in changing the day though if it feels like this day is done.

To your last question: we should probably build it at least a day or two (they need not be consecutive days) just to make the possible new players more comfortable with the others and vice versa.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #54
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I agree with what Nogrod said, but just wanted to suggest one thing:

I suggest going on just to the next day, so Groin can into his character and into the flow of the story and the writing and the other players. Groin, as well as any other new players, that is.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #55
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

My next post requires nightfall. Therefore, Lommy's post must be answered by one from Kath or Luna (Luna? Are you sitll around?)
Old 04-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #56
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
My next post requires nightfall. Therefore, Lommy's post must be answered by one from Kath or Luna (Luna? Are you sitll around?)
In case they can't write, I can try to contact one of them outside the 'downs and ask her to give me some answer I can edit into my post.

As for the invitations, I haven't actually invited anyone yet, but might do so. Everybody else, too, if you know people who you think should/could join, invite them. The more there is of us, the merrier it is.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #57
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think I'll invite Gwathagor. And there are one or two new people at the Golden Perch who's writing I like.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #58
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Yes, please do invite Gwathagor., Folwren.

I PM'd Eönwë, asking if he might like to participate - perhaps you could give him a nudge also. & shaggydog, too; I've sent him a PM also.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 04-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #59
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I think I'll invite Gwathagor. And there are one or two new people at the Golden Perch who's writing I like.
Great, I think I'll see if I can invite some people from outside the RPG's.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #60
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I can write a reply to Lommy at some point tonight, just give me some time to catch up!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #61
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Evening

I went ahead and posted anyway. I can always add into the beginning of my post if anybody wants to insert anything.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 04-08-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #62
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It is official, Gwathagor said he'll come and check our thread out once he is done at the Golden Perch.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #63
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hello, everyone. I'm still alive. I'm very sorry I've been absent for the past... *counts* 3 months. Frankly I never got the chance to log in here for most of that time, so busy school had been. The good thing is I'll have a relatively free summer, so please give me a few days to get myself acquainted with the changes so that I can catch up.

It feels good to be back here. I've really missed this RPG.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #64
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Would there be a place for an elf here? He's a little intense and angsty right now, but I imagine he'll have mellowed out in the 77 or so years that have transpired between the Golden Perch and the Scarburg Mead Hall.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:58 AM   #65
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

An Elf is permissible. Why he happens upon Scarburg would be an interesting tale in itself, I can imagine.

Welcome back, Lhuna. We're still champing at the bit on who Ginna is interested in.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #66
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
OK, I'll join.

And would like to ask if this character is allowed, if so, then I will play him:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: Daghan-Turi-Dan (even though everone just calls him Dan)

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: Male, Drúedan from Drúwaith Iaur (old Púkel-land), 24

APPEARANCE: *Short (but one of the tallest in his family), muscular (even for a Drúedan), and he always carries one of the seven elvens sword that was passed down to him and his brothers from the Days of Old. He has a pouch, the contents of which are a mystery to anyone except himself.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: He is one of seven brothers (and has three sisters) from one of the only families of the Drúedain still living in the Old Land. The brothers had set out to establish links with different races and groups of people throughout Middle-Earth (one, for example, was sent to The Drúedan Forest, to find his own kindred). He had decided that, since his race had saved the lives of many of the best Rohirrim, they would not mind a Drúedan living among them. He is actually quite friendly, despite his apperarance, and has never been quite so emotionless since the day his father was ambushed by Dunlendings led by a small group of Easterlings... And to this day he does not know how there Easterlings got this far West. Another thing about him that must be noted is that he is very touchy about being falsely called a Dunlending, especially because those people have persecuted, and hunted down and killed his family for centuries.
He has gained the title Wolf-bane after he slew the seven Wargs than attacked his home many years ago.

*general information about the Drúedain (slightly out of context, but such is life)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by Eönwë; 04-15-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #67
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
An Elf is permissible. Why he happens upon Scarburg would be an interesting tale in itself, I can imagine.

Welcome back, Lhuna. We're still champing at the bit on who Ginna is interested in.
Would it be better for me to have a more "normal" character - meaning someone more likely to live in Rohan? I want to be sure that it wouldn't be too weird to have an elf walking about in Scarburg, and that it wouldn't throw off the "ordinary-day-in-the-life-of-a-Eorling" dynamic of the Mead Hall.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #68
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I guess I'd have to say that it depends. We want to be true to Middle Earth of the Fourth Age. The Elves are waning. That doesn't mean they've completely disappeared, but it means that for an Elf to be in Rohan on his own is an exception. Heck, it was an exception in the Third Age! So if you think you can manage to make the exception work, I'm fine with it. There are different Houses of Elf, too. What's your Elf's history?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #69
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Is mine ok LMP?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #70
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Is mine ok LMP?
As the future host of the SMH I'd say it looks fine - unless someone comes with better ME knowledge saying the Druadan would not be around there any more or that they couldn't mix with the eorlings. Well, we have half-dunleding mixing with them already... though some traditional rohanians might say that lord Eodwine is then hosting a mixture of scum and should be "dethroned" for that - maybe that could be one twist in the overall storyline sometime in the future? Possibly the great landlords who have reigned free before the Mead Hall comes to their territories would love to take that as a tool to oust him?

Also I'd agree with elempi with Gwath's character: if you can come up with a story that justifies an elf being around it might be fine. But surely it would be easier to choose a more "normal" character. But as you wish. I have nothing against an elf but he should have a believable story behind him. I mean here is one thing I see the Golden Perch and the Mead Hall to differ: the Mead Hall should surely be fun but also a bit more Tolkienish or "believable" in the world of Tolkien.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #71
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Precisely. I shall consider.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #72
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I see I had deliberately avoided the word 'realistic'... But in the end I think that is what I mean - as long as you can be realistic in the realm of fantasy...
Old 04-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #73
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Of course you can!
Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #74
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Is mine ok LMP?
I - um - am - surprised.

Where is the Old Land? (I should probably check that link) I think it might be very interesting to have a Pukelman around Scarburg. He will feel most not-at-home, I imagine, amongst a scar of rocks, and much swamp land that intends to be drained, and very little woods. Beyond the Scar is plains as far as the eye can see. How will a Dreudan survive in such a forbidding environment?
Old 04-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #75
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Of course you can!
Ditto!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #76
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

NAME: Ginna

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 23, female, Eorling from the north of the Middle Emnet

APPEARANCE: Stands 5'8" tall, slender but stronger than she appears, has light blond hair almost reaching her waist, and wide blue eyes. A bit too beautiful for her own good.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Ginna is the only child of Randvér, a widower, friend of Eodwine's from the War, and small lord and landholder. She was sent to the Eorl's keeping in hope that she will learn to "behave more properly," and while she does not mind being away from her father, their separation failed to give them a chance to address their worsening estrangement. She is determined and a quick learner, but can be stubborn and headstrong. The loneliness to which she had been accustomed helped her to easily make friends with the people around her, but had also made her highly insecure, which leads her to take advantage of Harreld's feelings for her as she had done with other men before. Too late did she realise, however, how wrongly she had treated the smith, and now desires to win back his friendship, although she has no idea how to go about doing it.

Though she does not admit it, she wants to settle down, but she doubts her father would judge her ready, if indeed he had a mind to give her away in marriage at all.

------------------------------------------------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-12-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #77
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Elempi, in the EMH discussion thread's list of characters you wrote that Rowenna is 22 years old. I'm just wondering what her real age is.

Oh, and about the one Ginna is interested in (or, more accurately, the one I'm interested in for Ginna, not yet sure if that's the same), I hinted at it in my last post to EMH, the one with the nightmare. Apparently I had been too subtle.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:58 AM   #78
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Where is the Old Land?
By that I mean Old Púkel Land, or Drúwaith Iaur.

Look on this Map of Middle-earth

Between Andrast and Angren (Isen)

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-10-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:05 AM   #79
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I - um - am - surprised.
May I ask why?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:55 AM   #80
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Not having known of your fascination with the Druadan, I was surprised that such a one will be showing up at Scarburg. Simple as that.