Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2015, 04:22 PM   #321
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Greetings, Eorl Eodwine

We hope this missive finds you well.

It is with mixed feelings that we write this, for we do not relish the memory of our kidnapping. However, we remember with fondness the hospitality afforded us at your Mead Hall. We also remember with gratitude the one you know as Nydfara, whose real name is Scyld, for it is through his kindness and skill that we are alive today.

We were imprisoned by the dastard Sorn for ransom, and Scyld was at first our jailor. However, he did not like Sorn nor relish the evil man's ways, and helped us to escape, and protected us from murder at the hand of Sorn.

By the time you arrived at Scarburg to save us, with the assistance of Scyld we had accomplished our freedom. We offered, at that time, to defend his innocence and honor, but in his natural humility he requested that we not make good on the offer.

We thus, with full pleasure, take it upon ourselves to do as we offered then, and swear to the uprightness, faithfulness, decency, honor, good heart, and above all innocence, of Scyld. We hope that you will accept this letter in its intent, and declare Scyld to be not guilty of any crime, but instead a hero and a man of honor.

sincerely, Princess Linduial of Dol Amroth

-------------------------------

What do you think? A bit too formally? Revise, rewrite, etc., as you wish.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-29-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #322
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Greetings, Eorl Eodwine

We hope this missive finds you well.

It is with mixed feelings that we write this, for we do not relish the memory of our kidnapping. However, we remember with fondness the hospitality afforded us at your Mead Hall. We also remember with gratitude the one you know as Nydfara, whose real name is Scyld, for it is through his kindness and skill that we are alive today.

We were imprisoned by the dastard Sorn for ransom, and Scyld was at first our jailor. However, he did not like Sorn nor relish the evil man's ways, and helped us to escape, and protected us from murder at the hand of Sorn.

By the time you arrived at Scarburg to save us, with the assistance of Scyld we had accomplished our freedom. We offered, at that time, to defend his innocence and honor, but in his natural humility he requested that we not make good on the offer.

We thus, with full pleasure, take it upon ourselves to do as we offered then, and swear to the uprightness, faithfulness, decency, honor, good heart, and above all innocence, of Scyld. We hope that you will accept this letter in its intent, and declare Scyld to be not guilty of any crime, but instead a hero and a man of honor.

-------------------------------

What do you think? A bit too formally? Revise, rewrite, etc., as you wish.
A pedant writes: only rulers should really use the pluralis majestatis but maybe different etiquette applies in Gondor... I wonder if they have an equivalent to Debrett's, Burke's and the Almanach de Gotha? I'll get me coat....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 08-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #323
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sounds fine to me, though I was also a little offput by the royal we.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:14 AM   #324
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I suppose there are other ways than the royal we to evoke Linduial's native arrogance.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #325
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh well if off-putting were the intention... Aragorn uses the third person and Gil-galad uses I , I think, but he is writjng to a fellow king not a subject.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #326
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Arry, Envin - check your PM's - let's see what we can cobble together...
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 08-30-2015, 02:53 PM   #327
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

2nd try

Greetings, Eorl Eodwine

I hope this missive finds you well.

It is with mixed feelings that I write this, for I do not relish the memory of my kidnapping. However, I remember with fondness the hospitality afforded me at your warm, if plain, Mead Hall. I also remember with gratitude he whom you know as Nydfara, whose real name is Scyld, for it is through his kindness and skill that I am alive today.

I was imprisoned by the dastard Sorn for ransom, and Scyld was at first my jailor. However, he did not like Sorn nor relish the evil man's ways, and helped me to escape, and protected me from murder at the hand of Sorn.

By the time you arrived at Scarburg, with the assistance of Scyld I had accomplished my freedom. I offered, at that time, to defend his innocence and honor, but in his natural humility he requested that I not do so.

I invited Scyld to stay on at Dol Amroth, and would happily have placed him in a good situation. However, he was determined to return to Scarburg, though why he would wish to live in such a backwater, I have no idea. I mean no disrespect to you for living there Eodwine, as you have been assigned to the place and would no doubt prefer a better.

Since Scyld is indeed determined to return to you, with full pleasure, I take it upon myself to do as I offered then, and swear to his uprightness, faithfulness, decency, honor, good heart, and above all, innocence. I hope that you will accept this letter in its intent, and declare Scyld to be not guilty of any crime, but instead a hero and a man of honor.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:42 PM   #328
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Sounds good - go with it.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:37 PM   #329
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pio, could you put this post at the end of Legate's post, before Mith's day changing post?

Morning After the Arrival of the Caravan

Saeryn had noticed the woman that came with the caravan the first night she arrived, though she had no chance to speak with her. The ordering of the new supplies and seeing that everyone was fed, and tending to her sick husband and child, had filled Saeryn's time. It was not until the second day that she was able to approach the woman.

She left the women washing up dishes in the kitchen and went out to the hall. The stranger had been given no task and stood rather awkwardly by the fire. Saeryn smiled.

"I am truly sorry I have not greeted you before now, lady," she said. She spoke respectfully, for it seemed to her that the woman came from a respectable family. "I was remiss yesterday not to have seen to your bed myself. Forgive me." The woman's head dipped slightly, and she looked at a loss for words. Saeryn did not pause long. She motioned towards a table and as they sat down, she said, "What is your errand here, and how may I assist you?"

Brith smiled, and a little belatedly, dropped in a curtsey. "My lady Saeryn," she replied in Rohirric, as she had been addressed. "If it please you..." she hesitated, switching to Westron. "I am ashamed to say I know very little of your beautiful language." She smiled.

Saeryn, too, smiled. "I can speak Westron if you like. I was asking your errand, and if you might require assistance of any kind."

"My lady, I would hate to ask anything, seeing how things stand here," Brith said quickly, then realized that her words could be interpreted the wrong way. Especially since she hadn't really been doing anything useful all morning, but she had been discouraged by a local woman who had shrugged off her question if she could help with any of the household chores. She didn't want to seem too proud or condescending. "My name is Brithiel, and I am of Lamedon. More recently, from Arnor." Idly, she wondered if she was rambling.

"I am a seamstress by profession. I have come to Scarburg on a... personal quest." Again she paused. She had nothing against telling this grave and friendly young lady her story, but her father had always told her to keep it short when she was explaining something. Saeryn gave her an encouraging nod and she continued.

"I am hoping to stay for a few weeks, or maybe a few moons, while I take care of my business. I understand you already have many mouths to feed, and I do not desire to be a burden. I will help you as I may. Sewing is my trade, and I also know weaving and spinning." She paused and smiled again. "I am more than glad to help you with anything that has to be done around the household, too. I spent the last couple of years doing laundry and shearing sheep, among other things."

"One willing to work hard is always welcome here," Saeryn said kindly. "We have fallen on hard times, but winter is passed, and the roads are opened to Edoras. I do not think I am wrong to say that you will not be a burden and we have plenty of supplies now. May I ask what this personal quest is and why you have chosen our humble, and rather worn, home to finish your business in?"

"Oh my lady, but Scarburg is lovely!" Brith insisted. "The scar is a marvel, and you can see the hall has been constructed with love. It only saddens me to see how you have suffered in the winter."

Saeryn smiled and murmured something about Brith being too generous with her praise, and then waited patiently for her to continue.

"But I did not choose to come here because of your beautiful home, I'm afraid. I am looking for a man by the name of Belecthor, son of Handir. We were betrothed to be married many years ago." Brith cast down her glance. "He... we didn't marry, and I heard he's now in Rohan and has a family here. In Edoras I heard stories that his wife is the niece of a landholder in Mid-Emnet named Tancred. I understand this Tancred lives not far from Scarburg."

Brith looked back up at Saeryn. She realized for the first time that her errand may seem inappropriate for an unmarried woman traveling alone, if not even scandalous. She tried a faint smile.

Saeryn returned the smile, though it was no stronger than Brith's. She had met Tancred only once, and she had not been well impressed by him.

"You may stay as long as you have need," she said after the briefest pause. "We will do what we can to help you in your search."

"Thank you, my lady," Brith replied. "You are too kind." She hesitated. She had offered her services in exchange for a roof over her head and something to eat, that was just and fair. To come as a wealthy foreigner and offer money could be seen as rude. Still, she felt like she had been presuming and given a bad impression of herself. "If I may, would you, Lady Saeryn, accept a small gift as thanks for your hospitality?" She produced a small pouch and opened it on the table. "These are freshwater pearls from Lake Evendim. They are abundant there, worn by commoners too on festive occasions, but here in the south we seldom see them. If you know a good jeweler, these could be made into a lovely little brooch or bracelet for your beautiful daughter - or perhaps I could help you to sew them in one of your own gowns, in the Gondorian fashion?"

Saeryn's lips parted with surprise. She smiled, pleased by the gentle luster of the pearls, and she touched one with the tip of her finger.

"This is no small gift," she said, glancing up at Brith. The young lady looked nervous, scared that she had offended Saeryn, and Saeryn smiled again. "I will accept them."

"I will still work, as we agreed," Brith hurried to say.

Saeryn smiled kindly. "Let us go to the kitchen and I will introduce you to all the ladies."

-------------------------

DONE ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-31-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #330
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Question - are we now one or two days ahead? Does the conversation between Saeryn and Brith take place at the same time as Mith's time jump post, or the day before?
Old 09-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #331
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok, I jumped two full days in my post from what was then the last post and was on the evening of the arrival. Since then Folwren's has posted for one of the days I glossed over but this made my post title deceiving since it just said thee days later. I have edited this to clarify that it was three days from arrival and two since Saeryn and Brith spoke.

If three days is too big a jump it would be a simple edit at this point to lose a day .

Old 09-01-2015, 10:04 AM   #332
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry about the confusion. I understand it to mean something like this:

Say the caravan arrived Monday
Tuesday Saeryn and Brith had their conversation
Wednesday we haven't spoken of because nothing but recovery has really happened
Thursday is the current day that Mith started

Is this accurate?
Old 09-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #333
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Not you fault. I have to admit I thought that I should change the heading and then got distracted and forgot. That time line is correct. I said that "Tuesday" the supplies were put in better order and "Wednesday" it rained.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #334
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ah. Thanks a lot, Mith and Foley.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:01 PM   #335
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hmmm.... I am discovering a characteristic in the Eorl that I did not know quite existed so strongly. He does not like duplicity. This is going to make his reaction/response to Scyld rather interesting. I must think on it some. I expect to post something in the next day or so.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #336
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Hmmm.... I am discovering a characteristic in the Eorl that I did not know quite existed so strongly. He does not like duplicity. This is going to make his reaction/response to Scyld rather interesting. I must think on it some. I expect to post something in the next day or so.
I am not surprised. It does not seem like something Eodwine would appreciate. I kind of expected it.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #337
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I had no idea of Eodwine's feelings toward Linduial. Even more interesting...

Also, I was wondering if you were going to pull Rowenna into this somewhere.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:40 AM   #338
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
I had no idea of Eodwine's feelings toward Linduial. Even more interesting...

Also, I was wondering if you were going to pull Rowenna into this somewhere.
Yes, Eodwine's antipathy toward Linduial has been lurking in the background for quite some while.

And how could I not include Rowenna in this? This is gonna be fun.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #339
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I seriously need to reread some Tolkien. I can't write! I start writing a post, and it ends up sounding like one of my biology lab reports. When did my English become so full of latin and formal language? Does that ever happen to you guys?

EDIT: if any of you would like your character to receive a message from somewhere, now is the time to "pass it along" (see below). Balan will deliver it.

(also, if your message is from the north - or any other direction - I really have no problem with changing Balan's destination)

Last edited by Galadriel55; 09-06-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:55 AM   #340
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Balan Bard

NAME: Balan Bard

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 24 / Male / Man / Near the Long Lake

APPEARANCE (very brief physical description/or as detailed as the player wishes to be): A bit shorter than average. Slightly stocky. Deep brown wavy hair to his shoulders. Wears a beard. Clear blue eyes. Dresses in simple traveling clothes. Not many possessions.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER (again, as brief or detailed as you wish): Balan was orphaned before he got to know his parents. During the War of the Ring, he was taken in by several families, none of which were able to keep him for long, more from circumstances rather than unkindness. During the chaos of the war, he travelled through many places with many people, and when he was old enough to understand, the only details of his birth that survived were than he was born somewhere on the Long Lake and that his parents are both deceased.

After the War, Balan never settled down. At first he traveled with his foster families, then on his own. He began traveling by himself at a fairly young age, and he earned his food through storytelling. Eventually, he made his way to the Long Lake to find the scattered knowledge of his family. None remained, but he met many good people whom he visited in future years. There, he was first named “Balan Bard”, not for his music but for his stories, and he kept the name. Since then he has wandered to the far corners of Middle Earth, going even to those places that most of the Western people avoided. He has seen the lands in the North and some of those in the East.

Balan is good-natured, gentle, and generally cheerful. He has a knack for understanding what goes on in people’s minds. He is honest, but rarely gives a straight answer, especially to a person seeking advice. He prefers to tell tales of his own invention – while he respects history and knows some of it, he leaves it to others. Likewise, he admires music, but has no skill with any instrument himself. He is especially fond of children and reserves the best stories for them.

He has passed through Scarburg Mead Hall once before, two years ago on his way south, by the urgent summons of a friend. He was travelling fast and did not stop even for one night. He remembers little of the people who live there, but recalls the place itself. With the coming of spring he started his trek northwards, to visit his birthplace, and chose to pass through the Riddermark.

--------------------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-06-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #341
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ok, folks, the weekend is coming up and I foresee some extra time, at least on Saturday and Sunday, during which I can write.

Would anybody like to have any sort of interaction with any of my characters, or must I go and create some hubbub on my own and draw you all in after me?
Old 09-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #342
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Ok, folks, the weekend is coming up and I foresee some extra time, at least on Saturday and Sunday, during which I can write.

Would anybody like to have any sort of interaction with any of my characters, or must I go and create some hubbub on my own and draw you all in after me?
Sure. For Ledwyn, my only preplanned interaction is with Brith, but if you have any ideas, shoot. Balan will also arrive shortly (can do so today) and I have grand plans for him; any interaction would do.

Did you have any specific ideas?
Old 09-11-2015, 07:26 AM   #343
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Elfthain would welcome any diversion I am sure.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #344
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Leof is floating as well.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #345
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Elfthain would welcome any diversion I am sure.
Thornden hasn't run into Elfthain yet, I don't think. I'll have him notice him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Leof is floating as well.
Eoghan, Eodwine's son, can come visit Leof. I just now got this picture of him sitting on the stall wall while Leof cleans stalls and just being a quiet companion. So cute. Oh my goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal55
Sure. For Ledwyn, my only preplanned interaction is with Brith, but if you have any ideas, shoot. Balan will also arrive shortly (can do so today) and I have grand plans for him; any interaction would do.
I'll try to think of something for her. Maybe Rauri can come snooping around for more honey?

-- Folwren
Old 09-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #346
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Eoghan, Eodwine's son, can come visit Leof. I just now got this picture of him sitting on the stall wall while Leof cleans stalls and just being a quiet companion. So cute. Oh my goodness.
Love it. Will try to write tomorrow, either to start something or to respond if you get to it first.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #347
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I'll try to think of something for her. Maybe Rauri can come snooping around for more honey?
Oooh, wonderful! Especially if Stefnu is around. I realized as I was writing my last post that while Ledwyn doesn't necessarily dislike Stefnu, they do disagree on several fundamental principles. Stefnu irkes Ledwyn, but she's too much of a mouse to actually tell her that, but she's can't hide her feelings for the life of her. As for Ruari, I think that Ledwyn treated both her and Eoghan about the same, maybe with slightly more affection for Eoghan, because she also raised a boy and because Ruari is a bit too wild for her. But she thinks Stefnu favours Ruari too much over her brother, and might try to compensate for it... This should be interesting.

Also, the Balan post didn't end up happening today, but I'll do my best to make it happen this weekend.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #348
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Awesome! I'm so glad you all like the ideas. I went ahead and posted. I got stuff in for Thornden, Ruari, and Eoghan. So Leof and Ledwyn are all set up. I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Elempi, the whole altercation between the kids would have happened within Eodwine's line of sight as he sits chatting with Ndyfara/Scyld. I didn't want to interrupt, though, so I didn't say anything about him. I thought you may want to know.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:06 AM   #349
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Quote:
Oooh, wonderful! Especially if Stefnu is around. I realized as I was writing my last post that while Ledwyn doesn't necessarily dislike Stefnu, they do disagree on several fundamental principles. Stefnu irkes Ledwyn, but she's too much of a mouse to actually tell her that, but she's can't hide her feelings for the life of her. As for Ruari, I think that Ledwyn treated both her and Eoghan about the same, maybe with slightly more affection for Eoghan, because she also raised a boy and because Ruari is a bit too wild for her. But she thinks Stefnu favours Ruari too much over her brother, and might try to compensate for it... This should be interesting.
That sounds great And Stefnu's presence certainly can be arranged. I mean, she can be just assumed to be present whenever needed, and I can actively step in when circumstaces would be favorable.

I'm a bit ashamed for my inactivity recently, had a lot of other stuff on my mind. But now certainly could offer also my folks for interaction. Áforglaed, if something needs to be messed up, is there, and also Hilderinc, for perhaps something a bit more rational... or if some item needs to be dropped again. Anyway, I'll look into stuff even if nobody in particular wants to interact; but if you do, I am offering to take the bait with any of my three folks.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #350
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Legate or Gal55 I feel either of your characters could answer. Obviously, Stefnu is more in the spotlight at present, but Ledwyn could feel the need to interfere, too, so however you two want to play it.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #351
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I want to mull this one over for a bit, and it's too late here to write a post now anyways. Legate, if you have a response ready, go for it, and if not I'll write one tomorrow. This is so promising!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:16 AM   #352
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I have a draft of a post for Stefnu which I hope to finish and post later today (several hours), so unless you have some pressing brilliant other ideas, I'll have it here soon
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-13-2015, 07:25 AM   #353
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Sure. I'll wait for your post.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #354
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh dear, Elfthain seems to be the unwitting cause of trouble! He will answer Thorden shortly..

Old 09-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #355
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Oh dear, Elfthain seems to be the unwitting cause of trouble! He will answer Thorden shortly..
Haha! I know. I hope you don't mind that I put in there that Elfthain made swords for the twins.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #356
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Not at all. I was delighted, though I suspect he may not be the finest of craftsmen!

Old 09-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #357
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I posted A novel way for Stefnu to handle the situation, which I am sure might also bring nice further reactions. With a bit of interlude there. As always, if there's anything somebody would like me to alter (namely Folwren, if you would like me to somehow edit Ruari's behavior), I can do that. Otherwise, enjoy
Old 09-13-2015, 04:17 PM   #358
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I've been woefully negligent here recently, due to just mundane RL business.
This week isn't looking a great deal better on that score, but toward midweek I should have more time to catch up on developments and see how Ladavan fits in with the next-day drama.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:26 PM   #359
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Not at all. I was delighted, though I suspect he may not be the finest of craftsmen!
Oh, I wasn't thinking of anything remarkable. I was imagining two sticks tied together, one shorter than the other to create the cross hilt, and that be about it!

Firefoot, I have no idea who's horse Cinderfoot is. I put down her description under the impression that she was a horse no one had written about. I also had Eoghan ask his last question quite ignorant of the horse's owner, too, so what he asks may be entirely out of the question. I mean, it has to be, seeing as he's tiny, and the foal's mother is so huge...the foal will be far too large for him.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #360
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Legate, I insinuated Stefnu's reaction. I hope all is well there.

I will be able to post on most evenings. I am so excited about writing again, it's insane!

Inzil, I hope you can join us soon!