The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2004, 01:53 PM   #41
Isowen
Haunting Spirit

Isowen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'd probably just explore a lot, visit elves, meet Gandalf! I would have a party, that of Bilbo's 111 birthday party! I might just "borrow" the one ring and sneak around a bit, just to see if anything interesting goes on in Middle- Earth! I'd love to see Gollum and I might just venture off the path in mirkwood........
Old 08-03-2004, 09:00 PM   #42
Lachwen
Wight

Lachwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lachwen
Eye

Yup, now I have it all planned out. I would be a Noldo of the following of Turgon (because, just by the description of the Seven Gates in the Unfinished Tales, you know Gondolin is the place to be!), a jewelsmith making ever more works of art to enhance the glory of the fairest city east of the Sea. I'd escape the Fall with Tuor and Idril (because, seriously, who wants to die as a result of Maeglin being a stupid-head?), then head off to live in the Havens with Círdan and his folk. I'd go with Elrond to help found Imladris, and I'd stay there until the end of the Third Age, when I'd finally return to the West. I'd marry another Noldo (because you can never have too much creativity in one family), and we'd live in peace in the woods of Oromë until the Breaking of the World.

Yeah, that sounds good.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:55 PM   #43
Amrod the Hunter
Haunting Spirit

Amrod the Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Amrod the Hunter
Pipe

I would like to be a hobbit and hang out with Merry and Pippin or be a Noldor and live in Gondolin,wich sounds just beautiful.
Amrod the Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:01 PM   #44
gorthaur_cruel
Haunting Spirit

gorthaur_cruel has just left Hobbiton.
I wouldn't mind being Tom Bombadil...imagine being able to drive away enemies by simply singing!
gorthaur_cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #45
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
White Tree

I would be...wait...I am a PPC Agent who would be called in by my Boss to eliminate any and all who would insert themselves into the Silmarillion and would probably end up helping the LotR Department with the rest of you.

Sucks, huh?
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:53 PM   #46
Lachwen
Wight

Lachwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lachwen
Eye

Fortunately for us, you can't steal it away from our imaginations! Bwa-ha-ha!
Old 11-27-2004, 10:58 PM   #47
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm not much of a fighter. So, I'd enjoy a peaceful life as a bardess or musician in Valinor or the House of Elrond. I'd be the one to recount the epic stories of hardship and battle, sometimes with happy endings, sometimes with sad ones, without ever having to get my own hands dirty.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:32 PM   #48
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
White Tree

Quote:
Fortunately for us, you can't steal it away from our imaginations! Bwa-ha-ha!
Just as long as I don't find it written down I promise I won't set Darkling on you.

[Wait, what?]
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:21 AM   #49
Bungo Baggins
Animated Skeleton

Bungo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Narya

I would definitely be a hobbit, having fun and just enjoying life. But like Bilbo and Frodo, I would like to have an adventure from time to time.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #50
Dûrbelethwen
Haunting Spirit

Dûrbelethwen has just left Hobbiton.
I would like to be of the Northern Dunedain and live in Rivendell.
Dûrbelethwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #51
EarthBound

Boots

I'd like to be a librarian in Rivendel....Then I'd find time to practice music, paint, and explore the rivers and forest outside of digging into some great books.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #52
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
welcome to the downs Earthbound! be sure to enjoy your visit here!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:56 AM   #53
EarthBound

1420!

Thanks, Gil-Galad. I'm "Enlarging my world" by finding some other boards to post on, thus I've ploped here

Is there an introduction thread, or have I already found it, lol.

Oh, it snowed last night, it is sooooo beautiful here, I went for a walk last night down to the river to watch the snow fall. Lovely Lovely Lovely. (Then I had to drive to work this morning on ice! ) This is my favorite bit of winter, holidays are in Full-Swing and the snows are still pleasant without having become an over-stayed-guest.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:36 AM   #54
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Welcome, Earthbound! We do have an introduction thread; though no one is required to post there, it's a good opportunity to to be welcomed. Here it is: NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE. If you have questions, check out the Barrow-Downs FAQ thread; if they aren't answered there, you're welcome to send me or one of the other moderators a private message. Enjoy yourself!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:03 PM   #55
EarthBound

Thanks Estelyn, I found it and left a mess, I mean post
Old 12-02-2004, 07:31 PM   #56
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
thats good, i hope you enjoy the downs and visit frequently!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:22 PM   #57
Novberaid
Animated Skeleton

Novberaid has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I would like to search for the entwives. One of the worst things that could happen to a race is to vanish and the world not know it.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:47 AM   #58
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
There are so many be will just put three. I would love to be in the Shire. The woods, the fields, little rivers. I love to lose myself in nature sometimes. To venture so deep into the woods that I can no longer see any houses or people. Sometimes I would give anything to be a Hobbit and to sit on my front porch with a dear friend. Then there's Lothlorien. I love spending time in the dark. It's a very calming place that clears your mind. Not complete dark though. Some lights should be in the distance. Lights of all colors. The concept of losing all sense of time is a very important thing about Lothlorien. I would love to be so relaxed and stress free that I could do that and stay there forever. Then last but not least, short and sweet, I would love to wake up to the clear ringing of silver trumpets.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:31 PM   #59
Captain of Despair
Pile O'Bones

Captain of Despair has just left Hobbiton.
I would like to be a blacksmith in Rohan. It would be a simple, peaceful life but that's really all I need, or want. I can see myself owning a house and workshop on the hillside of Edoras, with a view of the mountians, of course. There I would live with my family and every once in a while I would take my horse out to explore Middle-Earth. That would be the life.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 PM   #60
Lolidir
Wight

Lolidir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lolidir
im sure this has been talked about but i really have no clue how to link or what ever i was suppsed to do, so here i go anyway.

I would have to be an elf, because they are so awesome. i could shoot things from like a mile away and slice and dice stuff with an awesome sword. i could see things from far away and talk in that sweet elvish language. well that is what i would be, but for as what i would do. i would have a horse and maybe a good friend, kind of like Legolas and Gimli, and i or we, would just go around ME and do some exploring. live life like we owned everything. go to Gondor, talk with Aragorn, go to the Shire see Sam and Pippin. as you know all the elves and Gandalf left, so i couldnt see them. too bad though i would really like to. i would go up to the Lonely Mountain and Lake Town. just go all over the place.

i have given a lot of thought to this actually. i often find myself thinking of how awsome it would be. i might even make the time of when i live there earlier so i could visit the other elves and Gandalf. but one thing for sure is that i was an awesome elf and i had a horse and we would go where ever we wanted.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:45 AM   #61
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen has just left Hobbiton.
I would want to do one of two things: be a happy Hobbit maid living peacfully in the Shire, or else be an Elf maid of Rivendell who sings and plays songs all day long. Then again, being one of the Istari would be pretty neat...quite a lot of work, though.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:07 PM   #62
Assasin
Wight

Assasin has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I would like to go pay a couple of orc armies a visit, and kick some butt! Then perhaps I'd go to the Green Dragon and dance on tables with Meriadoc and Perrigrin.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #63
Novberaid
Animated Skeleton

Novberaid has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

As an elf I have eternity to visit and see all..no hurry, just have fun.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #64
Enedhilion
Pile O'Bones

Enedhilion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Enedhilion Send a message via MSN to Enedhilion Send a message via Yahoo to Enedhilion
Dunedain Ranger.
Enedhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:01 AM   #65
Caunwaithon
Pile O'Bones

Caunwaithon has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Sounds Great

I would definetly want to be a rohirrim.

But a fountain guard wouldn't be so bad either.

But what I REALLY would want to do is expierience all the different things, elves, hobbits, dwarves, the white city,Rohan, orcs, Uruk-hai, trolls (well...not them, lol), and Oliphants.(mumakil).
Old 02-11-2006, 03:43 AM   #66
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

If I was to suddenly be transported to Middle Earth I would do three things.

First I would seek out news of Radagast, Alatar and Pallando and find out from them why they strayed from the plan or even if they strayed, if not what part did they play in defending middle earth?

Second I would travel and spend time with old Tom and once and for all find out who and what he really is

My last stop would be to the undying land, where I would spend time studying and growing into a better person so that I might return here and share my newfound knowledge.