The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Annúntindomeiel
Pile O'Bones

Annúntindomeiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting The Hobbit

In The Fellowship when they are in Rivendell and Frodo sees Bilbo and Bilbo shows Frodo his book, there are a lot of detailed pictures in it. Are there any publications of the hobbit that are like that?
Old 08-01-2003, 10:48 PM   #2
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Sting

I'm not too sure if there are publications of <I>The Hobbit</I> that look exactly like the book in the film...<BR>But if you are looking for great illustations in <I>The Hobbit</I>, there are many new editions which have lovely pictures accompanying the story...here is a description of the 60th Anniversary edition of <I>The Hobbit</I>:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>J.R.R. Tolkien's classic work, "The Hobbit" celebrates its 60th year of publication with this illustrated edition by artist Alan Lee, winner of the Carnegie Medal for illustration. Illustrations depict key scenes such as Gollum and Bilbo, The Wargs and The Lord of the Eagles.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Heres a <A HREF="http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/featuredbook1.asp?StoreUrl=angusrobertson&bookid=0 26110330X&db=au" TARGET=_blank>link</A> to the 60th year Anniversary edition. And here is another <A HREF="http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/featuredbook1.asp?StoreUrl=angusrobertson&bookid=0 007137273&db=au" TARGET=_blank>link</A> to <I>The Annotated Hobbit</I> which also has illustrations through the text...<BR>There are also editions with illustrations for <I>The Lord of the Rings</I> as well as for <I>The Hobbit</I>.

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 08:10 PM   #3
Alakreiél

Silmaril

Actually the Book that Bilbo has in FotR it's the red book, but I thik if you go in to places like Branes and Noble or Look online you might be able to find the hobbit in a similar form.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:42 PM   #4
Cleansed Curunir
Newly Deceased

Cleansed Curunir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Could be the very first edition.
Cleansed Curunir is offline   Reply With Quote