Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #361
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Gee, well, I was hoping that Pimpi's coup d'état would be a surprise to Leninia, so I could revel in imagining the horror, consternation and apoplectic yet impotent anger of her sudden realization that she's been beat. Now I have to recalculate, which is why...

...I am going to have Pimpi ask Soregum for Leninia's head on a platter, a la Salome.

If it's allowed.

**Pleeeeeaaaase?**

Actually, is it just me, or is there a trend forming that the villains Pimpi and/or Vogonwë get to defeat end up turning all sympathetic before it happens? Hmmmm....
Old 04-02-2004, 11:31 PM   #362
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Well, well, well - it looks like Leninia has the gift of foresight! Who'd have thought that she could see beyond herself to realize what's coming. Lush, you're welcome to have her freak out all you want - you may want to contact Saucy to make sure he sets the situation up for whatever you plan to do.

Diamond, you can ask, to be sure, but who knows what answer you will get?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-02-2004, 11:41 PM   #363
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

OK, I will have my post up in the next couple of days. If anyone has any sort of post in the meantime, I just ask that no one in the Itship shares Leninia's premonitions. I want them to be suitably dejected at our hostess's high scoring performance. All hope is lost, and all that good stuff.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:17 PM   #364
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I thought surprising Leninia would have been kind of untrue of her cunning character. Pimpi can ask for any body parts she desires, and Leninia will be obliging, as any decent hostess. Only I don't want her to share Vinaigrettiel's fate, since that would be repetitive.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:07 PM   #365
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

*A small figure wrapped in a dark cloak appears on the screen and proceeds to speak in an improbably ludicrous and vaguely European accent*

Hola, Middled-Moth!

Zeez are ze points von ze Moredough Judge:

Ze Purple von ze Smellshure: deux points

Ze Horrogarn Deux: deux points

Ze Gcchhhrrrrrralf : deux points

Ze Marrizu: deux points

Und ze Lemmonia ...

Sorry folks, if it was up to me the scoring to date would have been far higher, given the high standard of the entries. But the Moredough judge seems to have been acting under some strange influence beyond his (or my) control ...

Once Pimpi has given her peformance (of a lifetime), I shall post something for Soregum, in which he gives a little performance of his own, and then goes on to tally up the scores.

Lush, if you want me to set up anything for Leninia's next post, please let me know.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:44 PM   #366
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Pimpi's siren song is up. I will admit right out that I did not write or even alter any of the lyrics to her song. I an relying on sex appeal rather than cleverness. I hope you have all seen "O Brother Where Art Thou?" because otherwise the effect juts might not be the same.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:14 PM   #367
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Quote:
I an relying on sex appeal rather than cleverness.
A move worthy of any butch feminist.

Saucy, it would be nice if you admonish Leninia a little. Soul-sucking is just inappropriate of a hostess, fresh towels or no fresh towels.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:17 PM   #368
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Ziggy Soregum's performance is done, the points awarded and the victor(s) announced. And Soregum has succeeded in infiltrating the Itship into the bargain.

Apologies for the length. It was somewhat necessary for plot development purposes ...

... sorry, did I say plot? What was I thinking of?

Lush, because it was so long, I had to put it into two posts (an error message came up when I tried it in one). So, do you mind deleting your save in between the two posts and saving again after the second one?

I'll be away over Easter (the sea calls to me ), so I won't be able to post again for a while. When the Itship leaves Marrow Bones Studios, would someone be kind enough to make sure that Soregum is reunited with Twinkle, who is daintily grazing on the grass just outside. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:28 PM   #369
Lush
Fair and Cold

Righto.

Wonderful coup, Saucy.

I am extremely, extremely sick right now. If I shall find the strength, the post goes up tonight. If not...within a day or two.

*cough wheeze blast it cough*
Old 04-08-2004, 10:55 AM   #370
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Wonderful posts, Diamond and Saucy, and great performances by both characters!! Saucy, what makes you think any post of yours could ever be too long?! Every word of it was enjoyable!

Looking forward to your save, Lush - take whatever time you need and get well soon!

Since no one volunteered to write a "Meanwhile, back at Dorktank" post, I'm doing so right now - it should be up within the next hours.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-08-2004, 02:30 PM   #371
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...Save is filled...
Old 04-10-2004, 06:27 PM   #372
Lush
Fair and Cold

Save filled. It's about as strong of an attempt as my illness will allow. Hence, it's not very strong at all.

Leninia's fate is in ya'll's hands. I am going to chug more medicine.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:43 PM   #373
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

OK, the Itship has gained two new 'members' - who wants to take us away from the studio and/or get us to [Bree]?
Old 04-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #374
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Pipe Some Random Notes

A few random notes/ideas.
  • Is Gateskeeper the only one who thinks that it might not exactly be wise to admit to our Grand-Debacle-Ship a wight who just tried to suck away our precious souls? At least with Gravlox there was a precedent for bringing in stray Uruks...
  • Speaking of which, when wil we hear of the fate of poor Gravlox after being overhauled by Greedhog And Associates?
  • I will be doubling up by playing Sauerkraut in pursuit of the Westbound-ship, but how many other people/uruks/loyers/entities do we currently have in pursuit of our Happy-Go-Lucky-Ship? And would/could they ever interact?
  • I'm not sure about the exact geography of Muddled-Mirth (who among us is? ) but assuming that it's roughly near to the canonical maps, we missed an opportunity to visit (or be visited by) Roneld McDoneld between Canned Corn and Marrow-Bones Studios...(ask me later why I don't think of these things *before* we pass them by)
  • And while we're on the subject of geography, wouldn't Bree (for which I suggest the Muddled-Mirth parody name of "Beer", a sure problem for Earnur), wouldn't Beer have come before the Marrow-Bones? <ducks while other questians throw rotten fruit oddments and the occasional shoe>
  • Lastly, before we leave will we get to witness that which Diamond18 foretold,
    Quote:
    I am going to have Pimpi ask Soregum for Leninia's head on a platter, a la Salome.

I will post briefly for Sauerkraut shortly, as well as try to get a Gateskeeper post to get us out of the Studios and on the road again. (Hmmm...sounds like a cue for a song if ever I heard one...)
Old 04-13-2004, 11:48 AM   #375
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
One more thing...

Considering the names of Sauerkraut's recently, err, laid-off underlings, does that make Sauerkraut a cereal killer???
Old 04-13-2004, 12:37 PM   #376
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

*Estelyn chokes on her Cheerios*

A few answers to your excellent questions, Thena:

Of course it's not wise to take Leninia along - this is a Mary Sue story!

I assume we will hear more from Gravlox in the future, but only Mith and perhaps Saucy know what is planned for him.

Check with Saucy to see if there could be interaction with Mogűl.

Yes, we've muddled about a bit on our journey, but Roneld's Ranch would be out of our way since we went through the GAP and headed straight up the North/South Road (Greenway). Veering off to the left a bit got us into the Bones; now we veer to the right to get to Bree. I don't think we already had a parody name for that, so unless someone else has a better suggestion, Beer it is.

Diamond, are we waiting for Pimpi's reaction before leaving?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:20 PM   #377
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well, I had vaguely planned to insert it after Soregum's final say about the scores, but it didn't seem a quite opportune time, so I was then going to wait till after Leninia's reaction... which isn't very opportune either, since Earnur is supposed to be answering her question... oui? So I thought, maybe, if Earnur were to give Leninia an affirmative (who died and made him boss, anyway?) then Pimpi could express roughly the sames concerns as Thena, and suggest a wiser solution.

So I suppose I should write that post, shouldn't I? Right. Yes. Righto.

...Soon...
Old 04-15-2004, 10:14 PM   #378
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

It's up.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:51 AM   #379
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Is Gateskeeper the only one who thinks that it might not exactly be wise to admit to our Grand-Debacle-Ship a wight who just tried to suck away our precious souls?
Hmm, and taking along a former acolyte of Sauerkraut who has done a deal with the Dark Lord, not to mention the Dark Lord's chief dogsbody is a good idea ...?

Quote:
Speaking of which, when wil we hear of the fate of poor Gravlox after being overhauled by Greedhog And Associates?
Gravlox has been suitably injuncted, had his assets stripped and is currently languishing in a dungeon in the Dark Tower Block. Môgul shall deal with him in his next post, unless Mith wants to post something in the meantime. Either way, I am sure that we have not heard the last of him ...

Quote:
Check with Saucy to see if there could be interaction with Mogűl.
Môgul will soon be headed west. I see no reason why there shouldn't be interaction with Sauerkraut (or Colin the specky geek as he's known to Môgul) on the way. Although Môgul and his forces will be sailing from the port of Slumbar.

Quote:
Bree (for which I suggest the Muddled-Mirth parody name of "Beer", a sure problem for Earnur)
Sounds like the kind of place Soregum might enjoy too.

Great posts, Thena and Diamond. But, Diamond ...

Quote:
a corpus cacophonous of argument, pontification, and recitation.
Is that a comment on the nature of my posts?

Does anyone else want to take Soregum's decision and get the Hiatus-ship out of Marrow Bones? I was planning on doing a Môgul post next. Whoever takes it, be sure not to forget Twinkle.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 04-16-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:11 AM   #380
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Can do - am putting up a save to be filled today, at the very latest tomorrow, so that the "plot" can continue.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:41 AM   #381
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I have taken the Itship (Extended Edition) to the gate of Beer. Anyone is welcome to take them in and to the Inn (Nancing Pony, was it? ) and provide them with their due adventures. After that, we head for the Old Forest, where there will be a guest cameo.

Thanks for wonderful posts, everyone - wish I could go into detail to let you know how much I enjoyed them and just when I laughed, but alas, time marches on...
Old 04-17-2004, 06:36 PM   #382
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand A pony, a pony, my kingdom for my little pony ...

Esty, you forgot to pick up Twinkle.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:06 AM   #383
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Since I left the details of the journey from Marrow-Bones to Beer ambiguous, consider Twinkle picked up...
Old 04-18-2004, 07:06 PM   #384
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye Well that's a relief ...

... I feared that she may have been rustled by Phil Berney.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:56 PM   #385
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

OK folks, I'm off for two weeks of vacation, so it's up to the rest of you to keep the story going while I'm gone! I was the last one who posted and did get the Tutti-Frutti-Ship to Beer, so I hope someone feels inspired to parody-name the Inn and write some action there. If the adventure moves on, please take us to the Old Forest afterwards. See you again soon!
Old 05-01-2004, 03:46 AM   #386
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

What's this, a writing crew gone lazy?? When the cat's away, the mice don't play? And now the birthday party will demand attention...

*Estelyn sighs*
Old 05-01-2004, 01:22 PM   #387
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I´ve taken Merisu over to the Shire for the birthday party - a sidetrack that actually fits into the ´plot´! Anyone who cares to follow suit and Falafel is welcome to join in, since nothing is happening on the game thread at the moment anyway...
Old 05-10-2004, 07:08 AM   #388
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Well, I'm back!

And I will be bringing Merisu back to the Itship soon - anyone have unfinished business at the Inn in Beer before we leave? Vacation break's over, let's get back on the road, folks!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:05 PM   #389
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

1420! Beer goings on

Soregum's save is filled.

Well, what did you expect to happen in a place called "Beer"?
Old 05-14-2004, 01:18 AM   #390
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Saucy, what a - umm, smashing post! You wrote a great continuation (including a wonderful song!) of the Inn scene started off by Mith, who, by the way, gets a special award for faithfulness in posting - I checked the thread statistic and found that he is the writer with the second-highest post count. (Highest is yours truly, which is to be expected from the game owner and initiator.)

As soon as Thena's save is filled in, I will post Merisu's return and the departure of the Fellow/Galship from Beer, traveling through the Old Forest. Next post will then be a guest cameo.

Those who have not yet posted are welcome to plan posts for the Shire/Mire - both the beginning of LotR and the Scouring can be used as a parody basis, since we will be going on to the Havens after that.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:39 PM   #391
Lush
Fair and Cold

Yo yo yo.

I might be wanting to jump in after the guest cameo (excitement!) and tell you all a little bit about Leninia's horse and how the daughters of evil wizards respond to the scenery of the Mire. Oh, and is Pimpi still mad at Leninia for not letting her have her head?

Anyway, what all of that meant is that I've taken residence in my new apartment, my summer course-load is light, and I can finally post again.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #392
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Just to clarify...

Although a number of strange and fortuitous circumstances seem to follow Gateskeeper everywhere, the fact that he is a wizard is still not known amongst the Questians. Gatesy, though he has had rumblings of a change of heart, is still trying to keep a low profile whilst the two sides of his ego battle it out. It may come out before the end, especially when Sauerkraut catches up with them, but for now, everyone thinks Gatesy is just an exceptionally lucky dude - except for Earnur, who thinks of him (when sober) as a two-bit upstart glory hound.

Of course, I'm open to other interpreatations. I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page as everyone else

Thena
Old 05-14-2004, 06:15 PM   #393
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Question

Thena

That's how I understood it. But are you OK with the reference to him as a wizard in the narrative, or would you rather that I changed it in my post?

~Sauce~
Old 05-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #394
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

No need to edit, Saucy. It in no way implies that the Questians know what's up Gateskeeper's staff. Thanks for checking in.

I'll have a post up before the weekend is over. I'm going to try to stir things up a bit.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:28 PM   #395
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Righto, my save has been filled in. Sauerkraut is hot on our heels, time to move out quickly. Thanks for your patience everyone!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:28 AM   #396
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush
Oh, and is Pimpi still mad at Leninia for not letting her have her head?
Pimpi doesn't have a very long attention span, or a memory for things that have happened while she was drugged. If Leninia witholds food from her, however, that may be cause for a lifelong grudge.

By the way, SPM, I love the ending touch on your last post. Classic.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #397
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Hmm, was that a glimpse of one of the guests heading home from the BD party, Esty ... or something altogether different ...

Time will tell ...

Thena, much though his parentage may be in doubt (and it is said that one of his ancestors must have taken a Goblin wife), Soregum is very much (in appearance at least) a Hobbit.

Nice bit of schizophrenic discourse there, though. What inspired that, I wonder? Personally, I'm rooting for the evil conscience. And as for Bill Fur-Knee.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #398
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Profuse apologies, Saucy, I have made the appropraite edits to my post. That's what I get for not reading closely enough.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:38 PM   #399
Lush
Fair and Cold

I posted.

Esty, if my post conflicts with the upcoming plans in any way (though I tried my best to keep it short and sweet and noncommittal, like many other collegiate affairs), let me know.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:41 AM   #400
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

White Tree

No problem, Lush, and thanks for a fun post! Thanks to Thena as well, who kept the fires burning - for the weenie roast, I s'pose...