The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Babidi Buu
Wight

Babidi Buu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Babidi Buu
Dark-Eye Favorite orc or uruk-hai in the movie?

Just wondering, Who is your favorite orc/uruk-hai in the movie and Why?
I would make this into a poll but i dont know how to oh well..

Dont laugh. My favorite is Gothmog(Movie version)
Babidi Buu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Well, duh, all the way! Lurtz!!! He rocks, I guess, and he's the toughest and most loyal orc.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
You weren't able to make it a poll because only a few members are allowed to make polls.

As for the question, I really didn't like the movie orcs. They were generally stupid and for example Grisnákh was a joke unlike in the books. I didn't like any of the "important" Orc characters in the movies (except maybe the Olympic Torch Bearer, oops, I mean the Orc who destroyes the wall in Helm's Deep - he was okay) but some of the background Orcs look cool or even cute.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
Babidi Buu
Wight

Babidi Buu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Babidi Buu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
Well, duh, all the way! Lurtz!!! He rocks, I guess, and he's the toughest and most loyal orc.
Lurtz is Pretty cool too Other then Gothmog, Lurtz would probably be my favorite Uruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
You weren't able to make it a poll because only a few members are allowed to make polls.

As for the question, I really didn't like the movie orcs. They were generally stupid and for example Grisnákh was a joke unlike in the books. I didn't like any of the "important" Orc characters in the movies (except maybe the Olympic Torch Bearer, oops, I mean the Orc who destroyes the wall in Helm's Deep - he was okay) but some of the background Orcs look cool or even cute.
Really? Ok, That should lower the confusion level down a bit ^_^ And i have to say it, When i was watching the Olympics when it came to the lighting of the torch, that was the first thing i thought of
Babidi Buu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay...oddly enough, my absolute favorite orcs are as follows:

The orc which opens his eyes real big at Pippin when they're completely surrounded in Moria.

The orc Legolas shoots while one the stone stairway in Moria, which, after being shot, shrieks, falls, and bounces off a rock before falling into the chasm.

And, the orc in the RotK extended which shouts - "Inspections!" His eyes are the coolest.

But, otherwise, I agree entirely with what Lommy said...about the orcs being dumbed down half the time.