Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #201
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
That being the case... are there any "Bleh Havens" on the Sea of Nurnen? Or anything similarly silly and Elvish parody-ish? Caer Paradox works... I 'spose.
Just for convenience, let me put the established geography from ATM I here...

Post about money in Mordor and maps of Lūndūn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP, Lūndūn and Mount Doom
Lūndūn is situated along the westernmost concavity of the north shore of the Sea of Nurnen. Following a route that is roughly north-westerly, to Mount Doom, the trip is 225 miles, give or take, as the Mordorian Crow flies. Close enough for our purposes. If you want to hold up a measuring stick to your computer monitor, every 15 millimeters = 50* miles on this map.

(Map may be found at this post.)
...So Caer Pairadocks in Lūndūn is about 225 miles from the point where Mount Zoom started its journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP, about Mount Doom and Lost Angles
The great cataclysm of the destruction of the Ring caused the Sea of Nurn to expand westwards, then northwards, such that it now extends between the western mountain range (no books with me so I can't bring up all the names) of Mordor, and the arm that extends northeast before halting, separating "Nurnia" from the desolation of Mount Doom. The Sea of Nurn widens and extends northeastward, coming within 25 miles of Mount Doom on the western side. Between the Sea and Mount Doom lies the new city of Lost Angles, wherein lies Trollywood, the centre of the film industry of Mordor, such as it is. You guys drove in on the east side, even if you thought otherwise. At this northern extremity, the Sea is called the Pathetic Ocean, since it's way too small to be a real ocean, so it got to be said about it, "how pathetic", and the name stuck. So what if it's circular logic? I'm the moderator. nya.
Any chance that Mount Zoom ran past Lost Angles to a haven on the Pathetic Ocean? Panakeia's author has been trying to get her to Lost Angles, but has been puzzled over an reasonable excuse to send her there. I'll get her there somehow if that's not where youse guys would like to send the rolling mountain, so never mind your local cameo-er if that doesn't work for you.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #202
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
We will move forward with the assumption that Mount Zoom has stopped in Lost Angles to refill on gas. Presumably a tank of that size will take a bit of time to fill, so there you go.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:58 AM   #203
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
We will move forward with the assumption that Mount Zoom has stopped in Lost Angles to refill on gas. Presumably a tank of that size will take a bit of time to fill, so there you go.
Okay.

Panakeia be touring Lost Angles fairly soon, though there's some stuff to sort out with Anakron before she disembarks...
Old 06-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #204
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tolkien

Quote:
Mount Zoom has no set direction. Send it wheresoever you like.
That is, if Smilog doesn’t stop it first!

Quote:
Good. That fits in with Tollin's statement that he thinks the Mountain has stopped.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:53 AM   #205
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm sorry for the absence...university enlistment is a nightmare I wouldn't even wish to send to Mordor.

Since I was (and still am) under the impression that Lola was out to confuse Maika with the directions on the way to Roggie, here's what I came up with. Please put this after Jenny's post (# 60), pio.

Jenny, if I've misused Lola please let me know.

~*~

POSTED TO THE GAME ~*~ Pio

Lhunardawen's post

Maika quietly sighed in relief when she heard Lola's footsteps following behind her. Even without turning around to actually look, she noticed that Dracomir chose not to come with them. It bothered her a little, but he will go where he will. In any case she was glad that finally something was being done.

Only now that she was on her way to Roggie's throne room did the real significance of their mission occur to her. The fate of Gondor and Mordor and the poor unknown or little known or known-but-no-one-really-cares lands between them, if any, because having been in Mordor practically all her life she had no way of knowing, are in their hands. And she barely knew what to say once she was before His Hotness - what could they say to convince him? And speaking of hotness, there was her skin to worry about. With all these concerns slowly weighing on her mind she did not notice that she had fallen behind Lola, who was now leading the way. Maika did not mind. She concentrated on her aforementioned concerns which were enough to confuse her and thanked Eru (if she could - did Mordorians do that?) that Lola was there to worry about the directions. Maika blindly followed her, lost in her own thoughts. A foreboding silence fell on the two ladies.

Soon Maika returned from her seeming out-of-body experience, which kind of sounded cooler and more mysterious than saying what she actually thought about, surprised to see that they were still walking down the hallway - a hallway that looked vaguely familiar. A fleeting glance at Lola's confidently swaying hips told her that she knew exactly where they were. But Maika did not.

"Lola, where are we? Aren't we supposed to be--"

"Oh there you are, my dear," Lola exclaimed, flicking her hair over her shoulder as if her hair was all Maika was worth talking to. "I thought I've lost you."

"I think you intend to," Maika muttered dryly at her hair. It swayed mischievously in response.

"Don't worry," the lady in front of the hair assured her, none too effectively. "We'll be there in no time."

No time indeed, Maika shuddered. Not wanting to let her rising fear shine through for Lola to take advantage of, she again summoned the silence, which willingly fell on them again. (In case your morbid imagination shows them being squished flatter than pancakes and leaves you wondering how they can still manage to walk, you should be informed that silence, though can be heavy, is not concrete.) She felt panic rising within her, as well as the fear that Skittles or Dracomir or both of them have already reached Roggie's office and finished speaking to him and reached a diplomatic solution and informed Alli of her absence in the proceedings and suggested dismissing her for lack of professionalism. Overwhelmed and paralyzed, the only thing Maika could do was send a mental distress call to Dracomir - whom she hoped had telepathic abilities though she herself did not - to rescue her from Lola. The line was busy.

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-11-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #206
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm thinking of having Smilog produce a map of the area, based on the blueprints he had brought with him. (He added the wheels and the 'and racing vehicle' at the top) so they can get around easier. It'll turn out to be slightly inaccurate though... With hilarious consequences.

BLUE PRINTS
Old 06-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #207
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Inaccurate? Hehe. I approve.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #208
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with the RPG.

I would like to direct Formendacil to the third-from-last sentence of the first paragraph of this post.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #209
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
This has nothing whatsoever to do with the RPG.

I would like to direct Formendacil to the third-from-last sentence of the first paragraph of this post.
Tsk, tsk!

Keep the offtopic comments to MSN, why don't you!

Although, for little it's worth... I saw that too, and thought immediately back to our conversation.

And I still say it's not masculine.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #210
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Yes . . . let's do try to keep chat to a minimum.

~*~ Pio
Old 06-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #211
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Kath, if you don't want Igör to be lagging in the negotiation room, I'll edit my post.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #212
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ang... doll... could you find it in your heart to maneuver Dracomir and Igör into the hall to rejoin the others? Because that's where they all were in my post.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #213
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Put Igör where you like for now guys!

Until Friday I am going to be exceedingly busy with exams and doubt I'll have time to post. Just make sure he follows along if the group goes anywhere and I'll be grateful.

If you want an answer to Dracomir's question though Ang, have it go something along the lines of:

"Excuse me but would you mind asking one of the others?" Replied Igör, polite but distracted, before banging his head with a fist. "I'm having a slight problem. The two sides of my brain have just begun a war over who gets to listen to which ear, and as such it's a little difficult to formulate plans."
Old 06-12-2006, 12:55 AM   #214
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Audrey just called me a doll. I can now die in peace.

Ahem. I'm confused. Lola and Maika in Lhuna's post are on their way to Roggie, not in the Hall...
Old 06-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #215
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I was operating under the assumption that they were walking down a hallway on their way to see Roggie.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:33 AM   #216
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Roggie has just been given a bout of psamophobia (fear of sand) and is afraid of the Lost Angles beach. Also, I'm thinking of bringing a cameo from Psamathos to further increase this.
Diamond, maybe Skittles could wake him up by accident while surfing.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:25 AM   #217
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My SAVE is filled.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:02 AM   #218
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Audrey just called me a doll. I can now die in peace.

Ahem. I'm confused. Lola and Maika in Lhuna's post are on their way to Roggie, not in the Hall...
Yes we are, or were, whichever works. Maika in her utter exasperation and impatience walked out of sorts, remember?

But I am confused. Diamond has the Mordorians all together already, but in Ang's post before that Lola and Maika are still lost. Ang, would you like instead to have Tom pick up Maika's call? It will give him another chance with Lola...

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 06-12-2006 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:06 AM   #219
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Question

Question originally posed to Elempi. He thought I should post it here...

I noticed Hookbill said that Project Zoom started under Sauron. Now, I get the distinct impression that Mount Zoom is an anakronism. Control rooms, gas, and the like. But it was said in ATM I that the Dweomer came into effect in Fourth Age 450, after Sauron would have been long gone...

So, is the Dweomer is more ancient than originally realized, accounting for Mount Zoom (along with express trains in the Shire ), and so the the Blue Istari merely happened into a bit of evil magic from ancient times when they started playing with it (If so, that actually gives me an idea for lmp discussion )? Or is Mount Zoom separate from the Dweomer? Or is there something else? Or should I go away, be quiet and watch things play out?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:25 AM   #220
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Come on now, Celuien, haven't you read your textbooks? Mount Zoom surpasses all laws of physics and has been a Middle Earth Legend ever since Sauron dreamt about it!

Lets say that the Zoomology was a Sauron innovation that went nowhere as he didn't have the technology at the time but with the introduction of Dweomer, it became plausible. Hence Smilog being assigned to Mordor.

Yeah, that'll do.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:27 AM   #221
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Lets say that the Zoomology was a Sauron innovation that went nowhere as he didn't have the technology at the time but with the introduction of Dweomer, it became plausible. Hence Smilog being assigned to Mordor.

Yeah, that'll do.
Okay. Just wondering.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #222
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Post edited-hope the new version works for everyone...
Old 06-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #223
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Save filled.

Anakron has a bit of a dilemma on his hands.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:51 AM   #224
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Ya... I, um, answered the summons to summon Psamothos Psamathides, but since I do not have a copy of Roverandom on hand, I couldn't remember much of what he looked like or what his personality was, so my post is very thin on any details. Mainly I just thought I'd get him in there for Hookbil. I may edit it later to make it more... more.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #225
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Diamond, it was perfect!

Roggie’s psamophobia is explained... read on, Macduff!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #226
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Save filled. A surprise (even for me) entry of a mysterious character that looks like a fat Gandalf.
Mt Zoom seems ready to go, but I've not stated weather it starts driving yet, I'll let others decide when that happens.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #227
Roggie of Morgoth
Pile O'Bones

Roggie of Morgoth has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Not content with being mean, evil and a walking inferno, it turned out that Roggie was also a stingy moneygrubber. Psamothos was grilling him verbally and Roggie merely sat on the floor moping and mumbling.
Alas for the misunderstood nature of being me. I am not mean, I am upset and consequently impatient. I am not evil... people project that image upon me. I can't help my flammable nature, and I'm not stingy, I'm just short on funds due to a slight gambling addiction, the fact that my palace is a casino, and the trouble that comes from trying to run a country where people neither pay their taxes nor stay in one place long enough for me to exact the funds from them.

Please don't slander my mostly good name.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #228
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie of Morgoth
Please don't slander my mostly good name.

Don't worry, all that was just from Smilog’s point of view. If it'll make you feel better, I'll make it clear that this is what he is thinking.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #229
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

My save is filled. Skittles better watch herself.

Quote:
Mt Zoom seems ready to go, but I've not stated weather it starts driving yet, I'll let others decide when that happens.
Can it stay around until Panakeia has an excuse to get off? But if I take too long, don't wait for me - I'll get her back to Lost Angles somehow...
Old 06-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #230
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Fast pacing is nice and all, but there's no need to rush. We don't know who is driving Mount Zoom, so there is no reason to assume that he doesn't want to sight see a little.

Negotiations started [going downhill] promptly at 9:00 AM, Roggie got his news around the same time, called off negotiations around 9:30ish. Gondorians were escorted to their rooms wherein they discussed things and the Mordorians had their own chats... we'll give them an hour or so to have accomplished that. The Gondorians escaped and Mount Zoom started driving away. If we work with the idea that the current time (meaning the time in my last post) is hovering around noon, that gives everybody almost a day in game hours in which to accomplish Lost Angles plots if we say that Mount Zoom gets kicking again in the morning. I'd like the mountain stationary overnight.

Will that suffice, Celuien?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #231
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Will that suffice, Celuien?
It should. Though Panakeia's ability to go is tied to Anakron...
Old 06-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #232
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Of course. No worries. Mount Zoom will stay in Lost Angles for as long as required or desired. Unless... eh, I'll save that for a day I have more time and inclination to be ambitious.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #233
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Of course. No worries. Mount Zoom will stay in Lost Angles for as long as required or desired. Unless... eh, I'll save that for a day I have more time and inclination to be ambitious.
Okay. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:09 PM   #234
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I have filled in my Save. And made another post. Two posts for the price of one, boo-ya!

If anybody minds the idea of Lugnut dead, go stitch him up yourself.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:43 PM   #235
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
If anybody minds the idea of Lugnut dead, go stitch him up yourself.
Kill my plot device, will ya? We'll see about that stitching thing... Actually, I need you to choose another orc to destroy. I need Lugnut, who would not be doing what you have him doing here. Of course, if you really do insist on using him, maybe the conveyances are going to get a little more powerful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Alli stood for merely a moment before spotting Anakron's disinclination to address her question.
Oops. Honestly, I remember reading that post and that question. I think I thought you were putting those words in Anakron's mouth..... *LMP shrugs* sorry about that.

Looks like I need to choose whether to fill in that SAVE or delete it....

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-14-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:08 AM   #236
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Narya

Quote:
As long as I can keep the engine running, I need it to be shaking the corridors for a bit. There is a little plot twist I have cooking.

The mysterious Andvarri will be making a reappearance soon. So, watch out!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:54 AM   #237
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwe
Dauntlessly, she continued to speak into the pseudo-wristwatch as she hastened stealthily from the suit.
Holy cow! She's stripping! Sneakily!!!

Old 06-15-2006, 06:41 AM   #238
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Wait, wait, wait. I've lost it. Skittles is a dead robot?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:08 AM   #239
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
No I think Skittles has a dead robot doppelganger.

I want to know how she suddenly got in off the beach...both selves.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:30 AM   #240
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Save filled. Lhuna, if you don't want to fall for Dracomir's ruse feel free to avoid it, but I think it might be quite fun rendering you Inaudible for a bit...