The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #3081
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Happy Birthday to Rune!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Happy birthday Rune! Tillykke med fødselsdagen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Thanks Gal and Pitch!

Spent my birthday celebrating Rune's birthday which wasn't actually his birthday.
Couldn't really throw a party on a Tuesday, now could I?

Anyways, thanks for the birthday wishes, I didn't do much on the day, but I realise now that I ought to have been celebrating Skip's birthday.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #3082
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday Legolas and red!
Old 09-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #3083
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

Indeed, happy birthday to Legolas and red. Legolas I've seen around but it's been many a years since we've heard from red.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:34 AM   #3084
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday to Urwen and Roa! Have a marvelous day!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #3085
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy Birthday Nilp!
Old 09-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #3086
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Happy Birthday Nilp!
(and ++Pitch for dereliction of congratulatory duties since my last post)
Old 09-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #3087
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday to Nilp, Adam, Alice, and any others who might reside behind that keyboard.

(And Pitch beat me to ++ing you )
Old 09-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #3088
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday to Fordim, who not only shares Bilbo's birthday but this year can also share his grand anniversary!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:08 AM   #3089
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Thena!
Old 09-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #3090
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Belated happy birthdays to Fordim and Thenamir! It'll be a while until we can celebrate the next eleventy-first here.

Also, belated happy birthdays to Bilbo and Frodo! I admit I completely forgot about Baggins day this year. Does drinking some fine beer and listening to a band of worthy gaffers singing merry songs in the language that inspired Quenya sound like a valid excuse?
Old 09-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #3091
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Also, belated happy birthdays to Bilbo and Frodo! I admit I completely forgot about Baggins day this year. Does drinking some fine beer and listening to a band of worthy gaffers singing merry songs in the language that inspired Quenya sound like a valid excuse?
Hey, once upon a time Betberry proved bananas canonical. *dramatic music* Nothing is impossible.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:53 AM   #3092
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Happy birthday, Firefoot!
Old 09-28-2015, 03:46 AM   #3093
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Many happy returns, Firefoot!
Old 09-28-2015, 03:48 AM   #3094
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Hey, once upon a time Betberry proved bananas canonical. *dramatic music* Nothing is impossible.
A good friend of mine once pointed out that Turin had a knack for treading on every banana skin in sight. Therefore bananas must be canonical. (QED). Although I'd love to read about Bethberry's proof too!
Old 09-28-2015, 06:24 AM   #3095
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Firefoot! Have a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
A good friend of mine once pointed out that Turin had a knack for treading on every banana skin in sight. Therefore bananas must be canonical. (QED). Although I'd love to read about Bethberry's proof too!
I like that explanation quite a lot, actually. Bethberry's was more to-the-letter.

The backstory is as follows. Rune was taking part in a Paper Telephone game that Hookbill was modding, and didn't have time to do something that night (sleep? I forget) because he spent it drawing his picture, so when he sent it in he jokingly asked to beat Hook with a banana for him. Not too long after, there was a mini-moot, and Agan brought a banana and beat Hook with it, as she later reported here: http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...postcount=1119. Bethberry's response: http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...postcount=1121.

It's a long story.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #3096
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thanks, all!
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:17 AM   #3097
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

1420!

Happy birthday, Lal!
Old 09-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #3098
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Seconded! Happy birthday, Lal, and a glorious party!

Quote:
I like that explanation quite a lot, actually. Bethberry's was more to-the-letter.

The backstory is as follows. Rune was taking part in a Paper Telephone game that Hookbill was modding, and didn't have time to do something that night (sleep? I forget) because he spent it drawing his picture, so when he sent it in he jokingly asked to beat Hook with a banana for him. Not too long after, there was a mini-moot, and Agan brought a banana and beat Hook with it, as she later reported here: http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...postcount=1119. Bethberry's response: http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...postcount=1121.

It's a long story.
It's even a bit longer than that. The, um, dare I call it a meme? of hitting Hookbill with a banana dates back to Finlandmoot 2011, when Mac and Rikae's daughter Annika Wereduckling found great delight in doing so, IIRC egged on by at least one parent. See here.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #3099
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
It's even a bit longer than that. The, um, dare I call it a meme? of hitting Hookbill with a banana dates back to Finlandmoot 2011, when Mac and Rikae's daughter Annika Wereduckling found great delight in doing so, IIRC egged on by at least one parent. See here.
Oh hahahaha!!! I didn't even remember that! (Though I do recall the little Wereduckling learning a nice new word in Finnish that she apparently thought was a synonym for Hook's name). Oh the lore of the Downs!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:26 AM   #3100
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Mark12_30!
Old 10-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #3101
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Hook! Have a cake! Have two cakes! Have a whole stack of 'em!

Old 10-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #3102
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks, Galadriel!

THAT IS TOO MUCH CAKE! NOBODY SHOULD HAVE THIS MUCH POWER!! ... I mean cake...
Old 10-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #3103
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Behold, it is the Cake of Rassilon! Or the Cake of Omega? Anyway, happy birthday, Hookbill! (So tricky, not putting your birth date on facebook, but you can't escape the Downs' birthday tracker and Galadriel55, its keeper!)

Also belated best wishes to Mark 12-30!
Old 10-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #3104
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

Happy birthday, Hookbill!
Old 10-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #3105
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Silmaril

Indeed a very happy birthday to Mr. Goomba!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:00 PM   #3106
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
Happy birthday Mark12_30!
Thank you thank you!!! How utterly delightful to read your greeting! May your eyrie receive you at your journey' s end.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #3107
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
Behold, it is the Cake of Rassilon! Or the Cake of Omega? Anyway, happy birthday, Hookbill! (So tricky, not putting your birth date on facebook, but you can't escape the Downs' birthday tracker and Galadriel55, its keeper!)

Also belated best wishes to Mark 12-30!
Thank you!!! Grace and peace!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:25 AM   #3108
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
(So tricky, not putting your birth date on facebook, but you can't escape the Downs' birthday tracker and Galadriel55, its keeper!)
Lol That's one benefit of checking in almost daily.

And happy birthday Lindale!
Old 10-09-2015, 05:30 AM   #3109
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Nessa and Rumil!
Old 10-13-2015, 08:16 AM   #3110
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Erendis!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #3111
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Alles gute zum geburtstag, Mac!
Old 10-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #3112
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday, Menel!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:55 AM   #3113
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A very happy birthday to Inzil!

As I was looking for a suitable birthday meme, I found I lot of utter junk, seeing as my combination of search words was quite unusual. But this caught my eye, and I hope it gives you a laugh:

Also, happy birthday Pom, wherever you are!
Old 10-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #3114
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks, G55. My coffee is in desperate need of that. Gives a new interpretation of a "shot" of espresso.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #3115
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Happy birthday, Lotrelf!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #3116
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Seconded! Happy birthday Lotrelf!
Old 10-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #3117
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Thumbs up

Once again, belated best wishes to Lindale, Nessa, Rumil, Erendis, Mac, Menel, Inzil, Pom and Lotrelf! Gosh, that's quite a list. I really should check in more often.

Anyway, that coffee-gun of Gal55's inspired me to... guess what... a Werewolf song parody:

You've crushed the resistance before it's begun
Silenced the gifteds who dared to confront
Laying your paws upon all that you rule
Some ordo follows your lead like a mule
You've got all the suspects, you've got all the votes
You've got all the incriminating quotes
As deadline approaches, so does your feast
And nobody sees you're a slobbering beast
Until every last ordo surrenders but one:
You better watch out, 'cause Inzil's got a gun!
Old 10-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #3118
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Anyway, that coffee-gun of Gal55's inspired me to... guess what... a Werewolf song parody:

Love it. I should claim it as my new theme song.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:28 AM   #3119
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Oh, that's great!

Happy birthday morm!
Old 10-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #3120
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420! Speaking of guns...

Seconded! Happy birthday, morm!