The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2010, 04:35 AM   #481
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Mira and Skip I had no quotes on - either because they didn't say anything about her at all, I've lost the quotes in my vast sea of quotes, or they didn't say anything about her that wasn't banter. Please, sweeties, fill me in on which is true.
I haven't discussed Sally much before no. I voted Glirdan while suggesting that Sally may well be a wolf. Just wanted to keep it close and interesting near the dl.

A few Sally-episodes I found worth while quoting:

Early Day 1:

Glirdan: Yay!! It's time to hunt for the Wolvsies and have some tea!! Speaking of tea...Sally would you be so kind as to move your furry little behind into a different pot? ...

Sally: He's making a joking accusation right there. Do you see it? DO YOU SEE IT?!?! 'Furry little behind' my furry little behind.

(what's this all about? Coincidence?)

Day 1:

Sally: Oh, and I love retractable votes, but I'll just drive myself mad if I have a free pass to mindchanging sitting around. With that.... [retracts her vote]

(Sally is trying to make herself look innocent off Agan’s lead?)

Day 2:

Sally(post 345): Inzil: Not a wolf. Plain and simple. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.

Too late to ask now. Clearly Sally did know. But was she lying?
Old 04-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #482
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okayy... so in general. As for Izzy-kill, I think it's most likely that she was killed because several people trusted her and nobody really suspected her much. I don't think there's much to gather from there, which probably was the point for the Wolves.

Otherwise... as for Glirdan and Sally, I think sally's comment can mean either. Whatever is Glirdan's role, Sally either wanted to a) if Glirdan is innocent, to make us wonder about her comment, whether it was so obvious that it was Wolf-on-Wolf or something (the same btw. concerning her comment in her list about Inzil "he's innocent! Don't ask why, he just is" or how it was), and of course preferring if by any chance Glirdy was lynched instead of her - it would give her at least one more Night to live and make us waste yesterDay's lynch and then use toDay's lynch on her, or b) if he's her packmate, she really wouldn't care much whoever of them gets lynched, either way it will be a Wolf (that goes also for all the other Wolves voting, of course, let us bear in mind), and in such a case, if he was lynched, yes, she could gamble toMorrow with a Seer reveal or something (although I think it will be somewhat hard for her to get definite support, but it might lure the real Seer out, and in general sow confusion), or simply, if she was lynched (like she was), we might think that Glirdan was innocent because of all that.

Related to that, of course, Nienna's decisive vote could be taken as important indicator if Glirdan was innocent, but we wouldn't know until he is dead, so that is not really of much help now, the matter is too hazy to speculate on right now.

Otherwise... I think the most interesting thing is how people have reacted to this sally-Glirdan thing, as for sure Wolves would have a different opinion on it (in their head) than rest of the people, as they'd know Glirdy's role, and something interesting might leak through.

Let me once again note that it was Inzil who keeps just "coming back to me on his own" (i.e. I intend not to keep looking just at him all the time and his posts jump at me anyway). This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Well, looks as if I backed the wrong horse there. Glirdan could technically still be a wolf, but I doubt it. It's not so much his words toward the end of yesterDay that make him look better (I still say his attack looked evil), but this from Sallywolf:

That looks like real panic, trying to convince Nienna to vote Glirdan instead of her. If Nienna had done so and Glirdan was a wolf, the pack would be in the same situation they are now.

That said, I fully intend to vote Mira toDay, barring some major developments.

x/d with Morsul
If Glirdan is a Wolf and Zil too, this would of course be a real possibility for a defense of a fellow packmate. But you know, it's just somehow... clumsy. But in whichever way: whether for innocent or guilty Zil. Okay, he crossposted, so he didn't know what the general mood in the village is, and most of the later posts have shown actually some suspicion of Glirdan. So if Zil is a Wolf, and he wanted to support the idea that Glirdy is innocent, he misexpected (heck, could you say that? No. Is there a word for that? Hope you know what I mean) the village, which showed generally more suspicion to Glirdan this far and now Zil might stick out with trying to think Glirdan innocent. But even an innocent Zil, in my opinion, would have at least more reservations about thinking Glirdy innocent on sally's comment - I mean, Zil has played dozens of games already, and he obviously should know that such random comments thrown by Wolves especially in such a situation can mean anything, or nothing, and they can be bluffs, double-bluffs, triple-bluffs or who knows what. So this very simple reasoning... there is just something wrong with it. But the problem is that it's just clumsy, which does not speak as itself for his guilt or innocence - the possibility of him being a Wolf and "misexpecting" the village's reaction, however, sounds at least a bit more probable and makes a bit more sense (but still it's just weird).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
But that's enough about Glirdan. I'm sure he'll be analyzed to death today anyway.
Agreed... Well, now that there actually is more of a reason to suspect him, I am probably going to review him myself, because this far I didn't have reasons to suspect him. I am most looking forward to hearing from him toDay, though, and see how he posts...

Lommy has a good point about that thing that WWs might have killed somebody from Glirdy bandwagon if he's guilty, however of course that doesn't have to be like that necessarily, but it's one quite good remark to consider apart from other things.

Otherwise, there was something really really baaad about WW yesterDay just when I was leaving or maybe a bit later when I was re-reading the thread, not sure, but there was something that made me think at the moment "okay, I definitely have to vote WW toMorrow". Not sure what it was, I am going to look it up.

EDIT: x-ed with skip.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:28 AM   #483
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Otherwise, there was something really really baaad about WW yesterDay just when I was leaving or maybe a bit later when I was re-reading the thread, not sure, but there was something that made me think at the moment "okay, I definitely have to vote WW toMorrow". Not sure what it was, I am going to look it up.
Okay, now I wonder, because I actually didn't find it. Something like that happened, though, it apparently doesn't have the same effect on me anymore. (Now I will spend the rest of the Day thinking about what it was...) I wonder if it might have been his vote for sally (as that's basically the only logical option), but I can't think why. Actually now rereading his posts made me think better of him, esp. if Glirdan is innocent (WW voted sally) and he also quoted Isabell in one of his posts, which given that he posted very few posts in total would somehow "link" him to her, so not sure if the Wolves would dare to kill her if about almost the only person he ever quoted was her. (Though of course, this kind of "link" is so vague that it really isn't any big deal, but...)

Okay, but whatever... for now, I am probably going to review some folks... although I should still read a piece of article for tomorrow, I might spend some time with that and then come back to the thread...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #484
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Seeing Nienna's quotes about Sally, considering she was suspecting her from earlier in the Day and the way she went about suspecting, I'd be really surprised if she wasn't innocent...in the scenario that Glirdan is innocent.

So what to do with Glirdan...

One thing I worry is that if he is innocent, this is a great opportunity for the wolves to jump in and push for his lynching since I suspect there may be a pretty heavy bandwagon against him toDay. But on the other hand, we can't really know his role for sure until he is lynched...knowing his role would certainly shed light on some things.

I'd love to hear Glirdan's defense, but unfortunately I don't think that'll be happening before I leave for the Day.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #485
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The Glirdan And Sally Day Two Show

(includes Sally's comments about Glirdan only)

Votes:
Sally 2
Glirdan 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Late For Tea Time
Gah! Sorry I haven't been on at all today, haven't been home at all since yesterday morning and I'm just getting in now and have only been able to check up on who was killed and I am sad to see Boro gone. I am going to go back and read through things now.

Banter; makes a long but quite superfluous case for Lottie's being the Shirriff. Then-
Quote:
After going through Lottie's anaysils of Sally, it does seem as if she (that is to say Sally) just seems to be jumping onto other people's suspicions and piggybacking her way through and not forming any of her own idea's. Hmmmm.....

(...)

Sally is really starting to look bad in my eyes. Will form a fully solid opinion once I have thoroughly gone through the other pages and have caught up.
So that confirms my impression: his initial suspicion of Sally isn't really that strong (or, as he puts it, not a "fully solid opinion"), and he's leaving himself plenty of space to back away from it.

Quote:
Address some things before I go on:
Quote:
Eurgh. I'm starting to see why Glirdy is suspected. I didn't like that long post of his at all. Or, it was long, but it included mainly suspicion on one of the village's top suspects and confirming innocent a person everyone's been considering innocent pretty much all Day. He could be an innocent who just suspects the same person as everyone else, but I didn't like the tone of that post.
Would you rather me just come back on and start spewing utter nonsense seeing as I have been absent for most of the Day? I'm just trying to get caught up, but if that makes me suspicious in yours, so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winty
Right now, I have narrowed down the twp possible people I am going to vote for to either Glirdy, or Sally. Glirdy and Sally seem to me as being the most suspicous thus far.
Quote:
Would it have been more appeasing to you if I had said I suspected someone noone else did? Those two I mentioned have by far been the ones who have said the most suspicious things.
Mind explaining those? Because they are rather vague and it just seems to me like you're trying to get by on the tailcoats of others, which happens to be a very Wolfish tactic by the by.
Glirdan defends himself against Greenie's charges, then attacks wintywinty on the very same grounds.

What can I say? That's one jaw-dropper of a post there. It seems almost too careless to the work of a wolf– however, note that wintywinty must have looked quite lynchable at that point.

__________________________________________________ ___
Votes:
Sally 4
Glirdan 2
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Sally lists her thoughts on everyone. Of Glirdan she says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
He's honestly not been around much. What he's said is a bit strange, but at the same time I don't have a good enough hold on him to specifically say "Kill! Kill". He is, however, popping onto other people's suspicions and things, which seems very wolfish the way he's doing it. Wolf? Maybe!
She does, however, put him amongst those she "suspects", along with Morsul, Legate, wintywinty and Shasta.

Glirdan defends himself against Lottie and Lommy, finds Legate suspicious:
Quote:
He's making concise arguments, yes, but some of the points he is bringing up (like the one mentioned above) are things that would be fairly obvious to all of us with the exception of our new players. So why point it out?
Also mentions Sally as being on his suspicion list, and is "worried" about Mira and yours truly.

Votes:
Sally 5
Glirdan 2
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Glirdan likes Agan's points on wintywinty. Now finds Sally "ridiculously guilty" (on the basis, apparently, of a single "waaaaay too defensive" post, while Mira "has made my eyebrows rise" and wintywinty "has me at a crossroads".

Glirdan asks Nogrod to explain what was "interesting" (regarding a post where Glirdan seemed to be echoing ww's phrasing).

Attacks Sally's post at #345:
Quote:
What really gets me is that you say that you don't have enough to suspect me on, yet in that exact same post you put me in your suspect list.
Doesn't like wintywinty's vote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintywinty
Right now, I don't have time to explain my reasoning, as I have homework to attend to. If I get a chance later I will explain my reasoning though, but in case I don't have a chance to get back on before the night, ++Sally
How hard is it to come up with one to two sentences on why you think said person is suspicious before you leave? It takes two seconds! Unless you really have no idea and are just going along with the pack and will get your reasoning from a fellow Wolf later on?
Votes:
Sally 6
Glirdan 2
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Quote:
Sorry, I actually missed the rest of it:
Quote:
Quote:
Glirdan: He's honestly not been around much. What he's said is a bit strange, but at the same time I don't have a good enough hold on him to specifically say"Kill! Kill". He is, however, popping onto other people's suspicions and things, which seems very wolfish the way he's doing it. Wolf? Maybe!
Okay, now that I'm reading that as a whole, it makes me even more suspicious of you. The bolded bit is what got me. You're going along with the flock! What do you mean by that entire phrase? It just makes no sense and seems like you're trying to save yourself.
Glirdan revisits Sally's post on him and now finds it even more suspicious (though apparently due to a misunderstanding).

Votes:
Sally 6
Glirdan 3
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Quote:
Well, I'm voting now

++Sally

For suspicions that I've stated in earlier posts all Day....well, since I've been here.
Votes:
Sally 7
Glirdan 4
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Quote:
Well for what it's worth I'm pretty much positive Glirdan's evil. His posts of late just scream it to me and further my prior suspicion of him. So yeah.
Votes:
Sally 8
Glirdan 5
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
++ Sally
What the....that doesn't even make sense. Not even commentary, just a vote?

You. Are. Bonkers.

Oh, and because Wilwa's bothering me....

++Glirdan

Quote:
Nienna, Glirdan's a wolf. A WOLF! LYNCH HIM!@

I'm surrounded by mad people.

Comments:

Well, some people seem to have got the idea that Glirdan was active in getting Sally lynched, but as we can see here he at first merely echoed other player's points on her in a fairly non-committal way, increased his suspicion gradually as her votes accumulated and only went after her heavily once she had 5 votes.

Meanwhile, Sally "suspected" him early in the piece– again in a non-committal way– and made no further mention of him until near the end, when she suddenly become "positive" he was guilty, and went on to make her famous "LYNCH HIM!" post.

Well. That all looks pretty damning, doesn't it?

However, there are some points against a wolf-on-wolf theory:

1. Up to #403 Glirdy was, by his own account, still reading through the Day and may not have been keeping track of the voting.
2. Glirdan was the runner-up in the voting, the only viable lynch-candidate other than Sallywolf herself. This would have become clear to both parties towards the close of the Day, giving Sally a motive for trying to lynch an innocent Glirdan and innocent-Glirdan a reason to want to suspect her.
3. Glirdan, to put it bluntly, does tend to just go with the flow. (It's actually quite weird, by the way, how often he accuses other players of doing exactly this). Thus, an innocent Glirdan might well have been honestly influenced by the increasing suspicion against Sally.

Whew. That all took MUCH TOO LONG.

Back later.

EDIT:X'd with Brinniel and 2 Legates; wording;formatting.

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-12-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #486
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin appearing*

The Glirdy-wagon sure was an interesting one. So were the wolves trying to save Sally or are the wolves having a nightmarish start to the game?

Let's take a look at yesterDay's voting. Here's the thing (Sally-voters are italicized, those we need not think of are underlined and the rest are bolded to make the list more readable).

Morsul -> Sally
Nerwen -> Sally2
Lommy -> Glirdy
(Agan actually voted for Inzil here)
Greenie -> Shasta
Legate -> Sally3
winty -> Sally4

Shasta -> Morsul
Mira -> Winty

Lottie -> Glirdy2
Agan -> Inzil
Nog -> Sally5
Brinn -> Sally6

Skip -> Glirdy3
Glirdy -> Sally7
Inzil -> Glirdy4
Izzy -> Glirdy5
Nienna -> Sally8
Sally -> Glirdy6

We can look at this list first from two perspectives; assuming that Glirdy a wolf and assuming him innocent.

If Glirdy is a wolf the reading of the list is pretty hard as the wolves could possibly hide anywhere. If Glirdy is innocent, then the Glirdy-voters sure merit a closer look.

The Glirdy voters then are Lommy, Skip and Inzil.

If Glirdy is a wolf then Lommy looks good (it would be foolish to another mate the second one getting votes when one is already gathering the votes), if Glirdy is innocent Lommy looks actually pretty bad (trying to open another lynching route with picking up an easyish lynch-candidate).

Skip's vote is harder to pin down but the same basic logic applies, even if only in relative turns. Surely if Glirdy is innocent, his vote with the vagueish to and fro with Sally would look quite evil indeed (as it could be seen as a try to build up a wagon for Glirdy, even if quite desperate one), but if Glirdy is a wolf, then it's harder to say (why to press another mate forwards at that point - well that wouldn't be totally unbelievable but actually quite smart?).

With Inzil it's again a bit different. First of all it must be noted that Inzil votes in a situation where one could actually count the votes to come and see the possibility of Glirdan being actually lynched over Sally. So in case of Glirdy being innocent I'd think that vote especially incriminating for Zil. But it would be quite a nice move also in the case Glirdy is a wolf as at that point he could also speculate with the slimness of the chances of getting Glirdy lynched and thus look better later as an independent thinker who gets it right.

Some of them probably just plain thought Glirdy looked more suspicious than Sally for I do not believe these three are our three wolves left. That would be a bit too daring indeed. Although, if Glirdy turns up innocent then even that should be considered.

I'll come back with those who decided to choose differently (not voting Sally or Glirdy) & Sally-voters in a moment.

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #487
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
That, I think, is a very dangerous path to take (wow, doesn't that sound epic!) because knowing that Lottie has our best interests at heart isn't saying anything about how accurate her suspicions are. Throughout WW history there have been innocents who bark at the wrong tree for an entire game though they have the village's best interests at heart.
The advantage of listening to Lottie is that at least I can be relatively certain she's not trying to mislead me. I already took issue with the fact that she apparently trusts Mira, who I think looks fairly evil.

Quote:
I don't like this one, either. A wolf can very well make great contributions - a Nerwolf certainly can - and off-handedly dismissing the possibility makes it seem like you are grasping at straws to suspect whoever it was who talked about the great contributions. (I've lost the spot where I found this quote, should check that, probably...)
Speaking of grasping at straws....
When you say one makes 'great contributions', I take that to mean you approve of the things they've said. That's why I thought Glirdan was being contradictory there.

Quote:
But even an innocent Zil, in my opinion, would have at least more reservations about thinking Glirdy innocent on sally's comment - I mean, Zil has played dozens of games already, and he obviously should know that such random comments thrown by Wolves especially in such a situation can mean anything, or nothing, and they can be bluffs, double-bluffs, triple-bluffs or who knows what. So this very simple reasoning... there is just something wrong with it. But the problem is that it's just clumsy, which does not speak as itself for his guilt or innocence - the possibility of him being a Wolf and "misexpecting" the village's reaction, however, sounds at least a bit more probable and makes a bit more sense (but still it's just weird).
Incredible as it may seem, no: wolf-on-wolf was not my first thought there. Why not? Probably because what Sally did would not have occurred to me, had I been in her position.
And for the record, this is game # 13 for me.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #488
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
(~~~) *grin appearing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by my inscrutable and idiosyncratic self
(it would be foolish to another mate the second one getting votes when one is already gathering the votes)
Oh my. That sentence doesn't make any sense whatsoever...

What I tried to say is this: it would be foolish for a wolf to vote for fellow B, making him the second overall candidate to get votes, when fellow A has already two votes. So there would be two wolves having votes and none other...

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
Old 04-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #489
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hi I'm here. However I have very little time so I'm going to read as much as I can...

I doubt we can make much of sally's last words (or the whole of her yesterday participation, for that matter). She probably knew she was going to die and did her best to confuse us as much as she could.

Morsul looks better to me today, I can follow his logic about sally. However I don't think the fact that she tried to lynch Glirdan tells us anything about his role.

There are some people I want to have a look at today, but it will have to wait until evening because I have something to attend to shortly. I'm basically speaking about Shasta, Nerwen, Glirdan and Brinn because I need to clear my thoughts about them. However I'll have to see how many of them I have time for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Understandably is annoyed by me (I am sorry, dear, I plead temporary insanity due to sickness...flimsy excuse, I know
It's alright, and it's actually good my net died when it did because I had come very close to snapping my temper (I can only explain it by having been rather mood swingy lately)... I hope I didn't irritate you too much.

I have this gut feeling that if Inzil is a wolf, Shasta might be too. There's just something, I don't know, it was Shasta's interaction with Greenie who suspected Inzil that made me think so, but I recall feeling vaguely uneasy about Shasta earlier. I will have to look at it more closely.

Lommy had a good point about Izzy's death possibly pointing to Glirdan's guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
At this point only a very shrewd wolf would actively go after a fellow wolf
Yes but Lottie (known innocent) went heavily after them both and they probably knew one was likely to day yesterday... So if both are wolves they might have decided to stage a fight so the remaining one would look more innocent today. I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Got my eyes on her.
Hardly surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy
Her voting-record is also a little suspect, especially on day 2 when she voted Inzil while downplaying the Sally suspicion somewhat.
While making my summary, I originally put sally on the Guilty list without giving it much thought other than that others found her suspicious. Then I was like, I haven't gone through her posts, I haven't picked up anything myself that would point toward her guilt, Lottie suspects her strongly but heck she's wrong about me too! I didn't feel justified to keep her on the Guilty list. And in any case, I suspected Inzil more than sally.

So I have to leave in a couple of minutes... I'll go through yesterday later.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #490
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

(~~~) *grin appearing*

Well then those who walked their own paths (more epic-style to our thread ).

Greenie -> Shasta
Agan -> Inzil
The vote-count at that point was (also when Agan actually voted):
Sally2
Glirdy1
It wouldn't be the most effective way to help Sally but as the vote was made relatively early it might have been somewhat good idea for a fellow wolf putting another "easyish" voting candidate into the list (increasing the chances that someone else will get the noose eventually), and if Glirdy is a wolf, then her choice of adding a new candidate would be obvious.

Shasta -> Morsul
The vote-count at that point was:
Sally4
Glirdy1
Shasta1
Sally was clearly taking the heat there so just to defend her Shasta's move isn't the best one to help out a fellow, but seeing that he himself had a vote as well it could be possible Shasta-wolf decided to bring forwards a new candidate - not to talk of the possibility only wolves had gathered votes at that point of the Day!

Mira -> Winty
The vote-count at that point was:
Sally4
Glirdy1
Shasta1
Morsul1
Now this is an interesting choice. One more "easy lynch" candidate thrown into the lot. There were a host of votes to come as it was relatively early so why not put all the baits in there so that someone would pass Sally? And many had suspected winty, so maybe the "benefit of doubt" would have worn away? Or were there too many mates in the fray at that point that she really needed to add a new one?

The thing that bothers me with basically everyone here is that they more or less bring forwards the so called "easy lynches". Obviously they all four can't be wolves and thus some of their suspicions must be honest and innocent. But I'd bet a lot for there being a wolf in this group - like in the group of Glirdy-voters.

The rest coming soon.

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
Old 04-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #491
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

(~~~) *grin appearing*

Sally-lynchers then...

Morsul -> Sally
Nerwen -> Sally2

Morsul looks so darn suspicious everytime he plays but it would be quite daring for him to start voting against a mate who clearly was facing some real pressure that Day. And actually, if Glirdan is a wolf then the same applies for toDay. Could it be a done deal? Risky, but possibly paying back in the endgame?

Nerwen I think quite good of as adding the lead of a packmate at that situation would hve been both bold and possibly quite counter-productive. Or did they think Sally was a goner already during the Night?

Legate -> Sally3
winty -> Sally4

These two votes I think talk rather good of their makers as one looks at the placing of them. They clearly made Sally the real candidate number one. If one of them were a wolf they'd surely have reasons coming for another candidates? So voting Sally at that point would have been unnecessary.

Nog -> Sally5
Brinn -> Sally6

More or less the same as with Legate & winty. The difference being that there was then clearly a chance of a second candidate with Glirdy. I suspected Sally more than Glirdy, Brinn didn't mention Glirdy at all.

Glirdy -> Sally7

Self-preservation, whatever his role is.

Nienna -> Sally8

The decisive vote.

Blah... have no time to continue as I have to run to a meeting. See you later...

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
Old 04-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #492
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Looking at the voting list, Mira's vote looks quite bad not only because of the nature of the vote that I mentioned yesterDay I didn't like, but the timing too (Sally was really racking up in votes by then). Actually, Shasta looks just as bad for the timing of his vote, but I can't remember his reasons behind the vote, so I should perhaps check that out later. In any case, they both warrant a reason for me to better look at them come toMorrow.

But I must be going now, so here's my vote:

++Glirdan

I hate making early votes and I still wish I could've actually heard what he may have to say before making this vote, but I won't be back toDay most likely.

His role could go either way, and knowing what it is would clear up some things. Even if he did turn out innocent, his death wouldn't exactly be a devastating blow to the village considering we are ahead in the game lynching a wolf and cobbler in two Days...and not to mention that his death could provide useful clues, whatever his role may be. If we don't lynch him toDay, we'll just be wondering the same things about him come toMorrow. So at this point, unless a more suspicious candidate comes forth, he seems the best choice for toDay.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #493
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading, with comments to make (especially about my exhausted post from earlier this morning. )
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #494
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
I know this will be an unpopular move however I'm going with my gut on this one.

++Glirdan

It got me one wolf so maybe It'll get me another.
Morsul, I don't particularly care who you vote, but voting this early is harmful to the innocents as a whole (and it's lost you a game before, remember?) You might think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Hmm...this is something to think about. It seems quite possible Glirdan is indeed a wolf, but it's definitely something we can't be certain of.
This quote seems awfully wishy-washy... I generally think Brinn to be more decisive than this.

Okay, after reading through as my much-less-tired self, I still don't like the way Greenie quoted Inzil out-of-context. It seems to me fairly obvious that Inzil thought Glirdan was being contradictory in his post about Nerwen, which is a fair reason for suspicion, so I don't see where the "grasping at straws" fits in. Especially as Inzil looked to be under a bit of suspicion yesterday.

Speaking of throwaway votes (Lommy's #477 talking about Mira is what reminded me) I still don't like Morsul's vote yesterday. It feels like he's established "vote early and be suspicious at all times" as his own playstyle, but at the same time right now it feels like he's hiding behind it a bit.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
Sally keeps avoiding people calling her a wolf. This worries me.
Makes me feel a bit better about Nienna. If I recall correctly, this was in a post of its own – and though not unheard of, bringing up a new point against a fellow in a one-liner post doesn't strike me as wolf-on-wolf suspicion.
This is a game of werewolves. Werewolves lie. A wolf shouldn't have a problem with saying "No, I'm not a wolf" when people say "Hey, you're a wolf". Plus, historically, people who have responded to "Hey I'm a wolf" with "No I'm not what are you talking about" have sometimes been considered "overdefensive".

TLDR; Nienna looks slightly worse to me for this comment and Greenie looks worse for saying it makes Nienna look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod, on Mira's vote for Winty
Now this is an interesting choice. One more "easy lynch" candidate thrown into the lot.
Right, I'm going to take issue with people continuing to call winty an "easy lynch". Firstly, since when is a newbie an "easy lynch"? People are going to look askance at anyone who tries to lynch a newbie early. (That's just how we roll, we're nice like that. ) Secondly, any actual suspicion of winty has been intermittent at best, with plenty of better candidates for lynching. Again, not seeing how that makes winty an "easy lynch". I'm beginning to wonder if saying that isn't just an excuse to suspect whoever votes winty.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #495
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Is back for a bit. Will try to have a look at how the Glirdan suspicions arose and why.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #496
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I'm sorry, I think I missed something. Could you explain what you mean by this?
In brief, Shasta whacked me over the head with a dead fish and told me to stop being silly and look at other people. Now, as I did not suspect him at all (still don't), this would be a silly move for a wolf to make, because I could easily have turned on him for trying to allay suspicion of packmates. As it happens, it was extremely helpful, because I was being rather silly. Anyway, though, my point is that waking up the known innocent from blind suspicion is not a good move for a wolf to make, but it is a good move for an innocent.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #497
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I know this will be an unpopular move however I'm going with my gut on this one.

[*Highlight]++Glirdan[/Highlight*]

It got me one wolf so maybe It'll get me another.
First off, this really does look bad, Morsul. Secondly, what, exactly, do you mean by "It"? Voting early? Bandwaggoning? Because that's what you're doing, and it's not a very good method of getting wolves.

Sadly, I don't think this particularly means that he's a wolf. He just has a strange and somewhat silly style. (Ooh alliteration! And that's not meant to be an insult, dear, I'm just sayin'.) I don't particularly suspect him...but I don't trust him or his logic either, and I don't trust him to do what's necessarily best for the village. (Side note: I'd think he was the cobbler if I didn't know Fea was, rather than a wolf.)
Old 04-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #498
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Ok, it seems, and correct me if I'm wrong, that certain suspicious arose from his allegedly wolfish voting on Day 1. No votes on Glirdan on day one though.

Early on day 2 Lottie is the first to come after him, and does so in characteristically fervent fashion.

On day two Lommy was the first to vote for him, before the man himself made his entrance. The explanation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Glirdan - weird comment against the Lottie wagon, had all the wagoned-for people on his suspicion list late yesterDay yet still made a throwaway vote and refused to take sides.
Not the strongest of explanations...

Lottie then fuels up the anti-Glirdan sentiments
Quote:
Glirdy's going over the top with acting innocent. First his Day 1 opening post where he enthused about hunting werewolves, now he (like Agan) expresses sorrow over the Night kill. Innocents (in my experience) don't do that. They'll explain why it's a bad thing that someone is gone, but they simply say that is is a bad thing and leave it at that.
Then there's little happening until WinWin comes in and agrees with the above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinWin
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Then Glirdan come on, responds to some unimportant stuff, then agrees that Sally looks bad. Does not try to defend himself.

Next up is Greenie:
Quote:
Eurgh. I'm starting to see why Glirdy is suspected. I didn't like that long post of his at all. Or, it was long, but it included mainly suspicion on one of the village's top suspects and confirming innocent a person everyone's been considering innocent pretty much all Day. He could be an innocent who just suspects the same person as everyone else, but I didn't like the tone of that post.
Greenie doesn't like the tone of the post. Very vague, and with the knowledge that Sally was a wolf, what does this say about Greenie?

With a long post #341 Lottie keeps her lynch-Glirdan campaign going. Argument to too impressive.

With post 345 Sally come up with a list. Glirdan, she says, is suspect because other suspect him. She also suspects Morsul, Legate, Winty and Shasta

Nothing on Glirdan for a good while before Lottie votes for him, his second. By now Sally has 4.

With post 383 Glirdan finally defends himself agaist Lotties accusations:
Quote:
I am really starting to get agitated with this constant biased reasoning. You're making the assumption that I am evil based on my vote for Shasta due to his out of the blue vote for Greenie, who is my quote/unquote "packmate"? Yes, my vote was a throwaway vote yesterDay, but I went through my list of suspicions and voted for the one person who stood out the most, which was Shasta as his vote troubled me.
A pretty good defence I must say. There is little real substance in the accusation and Shasta's vote did trouble me a bit too. Glirdan then suspects Legate on as shaky grounds as when Lottie accused him.
Quote:
Legate is starting to stand out to me. He's making concise arguments, yes, but some of the points he is bringing up (like the one mentioned above) are things that would be fairly obvious to all of us with the exception of our new players. So why point it out?
I vote for Glirdan:
Quote:
Glirdan I've had a slight suspicion on since day one and although I've no clear picture of exactly what he's been up to tonight, at least he's not reassured me. So, in order to open up another alternative:
To be honest I can't recall why or even if I actually did worry about Glirdan on day one. At this point I was very tired and ever so slightly inebriated after having celebrated a traditional Saturday Night. Just wanted to make the run-in more even as I though that would make things more interesting and hopefully reveal more information.

With post 431 Inziladun votes for Glirdan
Quote:
Glirdan looks like a wolf going in for the kill with confidence.
But now when we know Sally is guilty, what does this say about Inziladun?

Then known innocent Izzy votes Glirdan without much wording. Not much to be said about that.

Don't know what to make of that. Except that there isn't much weight behind the Glirdan accusers. Is he a wolf? No idea frankly. Not my prime suspect anyway.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #499
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Got my eyes on her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Not surprising
But don't you think it's only because of your good looks my dear Aganzir.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #500
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I'm back! First off, it seems I've made a mess again with the Inzil-quote-thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
When you say one makes 'great contributions', I take that to mean you approve of the things they've said. That's why I thought Glirdan was being contradictory there.
Ok, that's cleared - I understood great to mean considerable of size/quantity/importance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Okay, after reading through as my much-less-tired self, I still don't like the way Greenie quoted Inzil out-of-context. It seems to me fairly obvious that Inzil thought Glirdan was being contradictory in his post about Nerwen, which is a fair reason for suspicion, so I don't see where the "grasping at straws" fits in. Especially as Inzil looked to be under a bit of suspicion yesterday.
Yeah. It was partly that I misunderstood Inzil, partly that I didn't like the way he seemed to imply that making sense and being a wolf can't go together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
TLDR; Nienna looks slightly worse to me for this comment and Greenie looks worse for saying it makes Nienna look better.
A probably irrelevant question: what does TLDR mean?
Quote:
Anyway, though, my point is that waking up the known innocent from blind suspicion is not a good move for a wolf to make, but it is a good move for an innocent.
Ok, thanks, that cleared - though I'm not sure if I buy your point.
Quote:
First off, this really does look bad, Morsul. Secondly, what, exactly, do you mean by "It"? Voting early? Bandwaggoning? Because that's what you're doing, and it's not a very good method of getting wolves.
A technical point: getting a wolf lynched usually requires a bandwagon. Just saying. Of course, that isn't to say that I approve of Morsul's early, bandwaggonish vote. I don't.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #501
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I'm back... but I don't plan to be around for very long, as I have to wake up very early tomorrow. I would actually prefer to leave in about an hour or something, so basically that means I should decide whom to vote here toDay and then go.

Before I do it, general remarks. I have become a bit worried about Aganzir now, just looking at her vote yesterDay. If it's timing was how it was (as stated by Nogrod, when she gave his vote to him), and if Glirdan is a Wolf, then that would be really a logical way to vote for a Wolf, as it was likely other people might vote Inzil (like I could do that, for example) and also it would not be threatening any of the Wolves (Sally and Glirdan, in this scenario). Something similar might go for Greenie's vote for Shasta, in such a case. Once again, this is just with the scenario assuming Glirdan is a Wolf. (Well, I really think knowing his role would clarify many things.) However, I am remarking that with relation to Aganzir also in relation to the fact that she has been just very, well, sneaky up to now (there's probably not a better word). She seems to be going her own way a lot and basically avoiding getting into the "pot", to the center of things where it all boils, while at the same time keeping us aware that she is around and posting and looking reasonable. That said, I do not have any particular reason to suspect her - yet. But I just thought to remark it here as a current thought that's on my mind and maybe, in future Days, it will become worth something. (Or not.)

Otherwise, I don't have particularly specific reasons to suspect Glirdan (as I didn't have earlier) other than the things implied toDay, as I have also mentioned earlier toDay, possible co-packing with sally and all that. If it wasn't for this, I thing I actually wouldn't be suspecting him at all - so now I am not really thinking about voting him toDay, but somebody else.

I'll return to the voting list once again. Basically from somewhere around the point I and WW have voted, it must have been clear for the Wolves that their sally is running up for the lynch. So now depending on the individual Wolves' nature, they'd likely try to either save her (a dangerous attempt which might expose them), or throw their votes away (and thus throwing her away as well). Greenie, Shasta and Mira (and Aganzir, however I have already mentioned her above and technically her vote came earlier, but most of the rules apply - well, see above) belong to this cathegory and it seems fairly likely that one Wolf at least would be among them. If Glirdan is a Wolf, then even more likely. On the other hand, if Glirdan is a Wolf, then I'd expect some Wolf/ves in the Sally bandwaggon. Okay, actually it seems really many things depend on whether Glirdan is innocent or not. One of the things is also my suspicion for Inzil, as his vote was placed in such a way that if Glirdan is a Wolf, it would have been quite good, almost safe place for a Wolf-on-Wolf vote.

Okay, so in other words, that sort of makes one think about voting Glirdy just for the sake of untangling that knot of questions. On the other hand, maybe it will be more interesting to try to repeat the feat of King Solomon (which seemed to pay off yesterDay) and vote somebody else. I will think for a bit - and then vote and go to sleep. So, around and watching and thinking...

EDIT: x-ed with Greenie
Old 04-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #502
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'd prefer voting Glirdan or Nogrod toDay. Glirdan's death, as has been mentioned, would shed light to many things, and his interactions with Sally were very fishy. Nogrod's interactions with Sally looked bad too, and I don't like how he's been slipping under pretty much everyone's radar, being nice and invisible yet contributing. I could also vote Shasta or Inzil, but would prefer one of the earlier two.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 04-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #503
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Greenie, it really doesn't apply in the BD world. It means "Too long, didn't read" and it's used basically if you want to people to skip to your conclusion. I just used it because I thought it was funny.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #504
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
Okay, so in other words, that sort of makes one think about voting Glirdy just for the sake of untangling that knot of questions.
When looking at the two scenarios though, Glirdan is innocent, and Glirdan is guilty, you must bare in mind that him being innocent is much likelier than not. Out of the remaining 16 villagers there are 3 wolves. Given that the accusations against Glirdan are not built on any solid evidence, they are perhaps even incidental, the probability that he is an innocent villager (or gifted) is a lot higher than him being a wolf (what, like 5 times?) There's no going around that.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #505
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
When looking at the two scenarios though, Glirdan is innocent, and Glirdan is guilty, you must bare in mind that him being innocent is much likelier than not. Out of the remaining 16 villagers there are 3 wolves. Given that the accusations against Glirdan are not built on any solid evidence, they are perhaps even incidental, the probability that he is an innocent villager (or gifted) is a lot higher than him being a wolf (what, like 5 times?) There's no going around that.
Well, if I was going by the odds, I would never lynch anybody, as by the statistics, EVERYBODY is more likely to be innocent than a Wolf, it's always 3:13 or how many are we here. (That's why maths don't work and aside from that, I hate maths *moves a bit further away from the post with disgust*.) But most importantly, I was more like thinking aloud - I certainly would not vote him randomly just to see what his role is, that would be utterly stupid. That's also the reason why I do not really want to vote him, since apart from this curisity I have very little that I suspect him for (like I said above, anyway).

I am rethinking, let me see now the list of people for the last time and then I probably vote and be gone. I have to sleep.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #506
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Bed-time! I've been flip-flopping on whether to vote Nog or Glirdy, and decided to go for

++ Nogrod

Now I'm not sure if this is a throwaway, I suppose one could see it as such, but I just feel I should stir the pot a bit. I find Nogrod very suspicious, he's being too agreeable and nudging things from the background, and his interactions with Sally seemed quite wolf-on-wolf to me.

I won't be disappointed if Glirdy gets lynched. Unless he's an innocent, of course. That said, good night babes!

EDIT: x-ed with leggy-leggy-legz
Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #507
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Bed-time! I've been flip-flopping on whether to vote Nog or Glirdy, and decided to go for

++ Nogrod

Now I'm not sure if this is a throwaway, I suppose one could see it as such, but I just feel I should stir the pot a bit. I find Nogrod very suspicious, he's being too agreeable and nudging things from the background, and his interactions with Sally seemed quite wolf-on-wolf to me.

I won't be disappointed if Glirdy gets lynched. Unless he's an innocent, of course. That said, good night babes!

EDIT: x-ed with leggy-leggy-legz
I do see it as a bit of a throwaway, honestly. I don't think anyone else so far has mentioned Nog (which worries me a bit, now that I think about it, considering that he's usually at the forefront of the discussion...) but your last comment looked like you're setting yourself up to look good if Glirdan is lynched and flips as a wolf.

I'm probably going to be voting Greenie today, but I should be around for a while.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #508
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, so simply put it looks like it finally came to voting my sort of long-term suspect,

++Inziladun

who is the person I suspect the most in general at the moment.

Good night, people, and vote well.

EDIT: x-ed with Greenie and Shasta
Old 04-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #509
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

I've been thinking about this post by Sally. It was posted early on day two when she had already received 2 votes, knew she was in trouble, but still must have figured she could escape with so many people left to vote.

Quote:
Glirdan: He's honestly not been around much. What he's said is a bit strange, but at the same time I don't have a good enough hold on him to specifically say "Kill! Kill". He is, however, popping onto other people's suspicions and things, which seems very wolfish the way he's doing it. Wolf? Maybe!
Nogrod: Well he's busy, but he's too quiet even for a busy Nog. I'm concerned.
Wintywinty: The newbie pass is gone. Yes, you made a newbie mistake and you admit it, but that doesn't mean you're innocent. There's wolf cubs too, after all.
Boro88: Dead! Dead, dead, dead! *spites Lottie for picking on her so much*
Isabellkya: Surprisingly I'm getting good vibes from her. I'll certainly not be voting her toDay.
Mira: No feeling on her one way or the other.
Sally: LEAVE ME ALONE! Lol. Sorry, I hate being suspected for rubbish reasons. You wanna suspect me, fine, but don't create reasoning that's not the truth.
Agan: I need to keep a close eye on her because, frankly, I have no idea.
Inzil: Not a wolf. Plain and simple. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.
Shasta: First of all, no, I didn't follow his suspicions, I had my own. *is just saying* Anyway he's been acting quite strange lately and had some opinions on people that I think have been formed for the wrong reasons. Wolf, mehbe? *nods*
Lottie: Obviously innocent (unless she's lying) but she's really irking me. Just because you're a known innocent doesn't mean you are right about everything.
Nerwen: No evil vibes. As in, I'm getting them, so I know she's not evil.
Legate: I stand by my suspicions of yesterDay.
Morsul: Ditto. Opportunistic and a lemming. Such a wolf in my eyes.
Nienna: Not a lot on her, or rather not a lot of bad. I think she's safe.
Skip: He's not concerning me at all right now.
Lommie: I'm still worried about her, but she's not at the top of my list now.
Greenie: I see Lottie's case against her but I legitimately refuse to follow Lottie.
Brinniel: No worries from her either.
It's a whole bunch of could be's and very bland really.

But the suspects she list (and remember, at this point she would be hoping that one of these suspects is picked up and that this would save her hide) is interesting though I think. I somehow doubt that she would list more than one, possibly two, fellow wolves. She doesn't want to set up a pack-mate at this point, that I think is clear from her bland list, she hopes to set up an innocent in her place. Which is why I think that there's only one, at most two, wolves in this list:

Morsul
Legate
Glirdan
Winty
Shasta

Who then. Well... Shasta, possibly. Don't know...
Old 04-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #510
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Votes so far (correct me if I'm wrong):
Morsul -> Glirdan
Brinn -> Glirdan
Greenie -> Nogrod
Legate -> Inzil

Hm. Will need to vote soon too. Hm. Needs to think about this.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #511
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hi sorry I'm here only now, it took me about two hours longer to get home than I expected... I doubt I'll have time for everything I wanted to do but ah here we go, back to yesterday.

I find it very unlikely Mira and Zil are wolves together. I doubt wolves would vote each other so early the way Zil voted Mira (mostly based on my suspicions), and now they're apparently suspecting each other. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one was a wolf though.

In theory, the fact that winty got confused about sally's gender suggests he's innocent. But then, the nickname sally is rather feminine...

Quote:
Ok, I admit, my first vote was a newbie mistake; I have not played this game online before, and I did not want to admit my mistake (I hate being wrong, Lottie can attest to that.), which was my reason for saying that about Brinn.
Alright, I buy that for now... But that's not to say you're on my innocent list. Because I can't tell if you really did that, or if you first said something accidentally that you had heard from your fellows and are now trying to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
That was really me floundering for something to contribute than anything else.
Well, it was a rather suspicious contribution.

Quote:
The push to lynch Lottie looked foul to me because I didn't think she looked evil, and it had all the hallmarks of a wolvish attempt to railroad an innocent.
Yeah but also innocents can suspect innocents. And I still fail to see why the votes of not very suspicious people make for a suspicious bandwagon. To me it looks more like you said it was suspicious for the sake of contributing something... And sometimes wolves try to save innocents (or disapprove of those voting for a certain innocents) to make themselves look better.

Quote:
A threat? No. But more evidence to point toward your lupinity, my dear, if you start trying to use that as a reason so-and-so is evil.
I get the feeling you're threatening me with suspicion if I don't drop the retraction issue, darling. What's the point of saying it until I've done it? You could've waited and seen if I had actually started doing it, and only then told me it was suspicious.

I haven't had and will most likely not have time to go through Glirdan and his actions properly, but I don't think his arguments look wolfish. However he hasn't made me feel very strongly that he's innocent, either, and I agree with people who say his death would offer us insights.

Hmm I wonder if a Shastawolf had told Lottie to take off her wolf-coloured glasses... It's possible if either (or both) Glirdan or Greenie is a wolf, I suppose (just to divert her attention somewhere else, even at the risk she started suspecting another wolf). I don't know.
Okay Shasta's later post (#340) looks innocentish.

Grrr we've reached day 3 which is always a turning point for me: either I get a grip of the game or start having second thoughts about everyone. This time it's the latter.

A wolf team of winty and Mira doesn't seem plausible, either. She voted for him yesterday, saying she thinks there might be wolfish coaching going on (or then he's just a newbie). It just doesn't sound likely that she would've done that if both were wolves.

Okay after Glirdy's post #403 I'm certainly not going to vote for him. I think he looks quite innocent there, plus he brings forward Mira and winty, both of whom I have been wondering about. If he's a wolf, I find it unlikely they are, or the other way round.
And Inzil seems to totally disagree with me about that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
My reaction was lesser? What did you expect, that I'd explode with outrage?
No, it's hard to explain... I don't know if I expected a different reaction or if I just found your reaction, dunno, odd, but it just caught my eye. I can try to explain it better when I have more time (currently all I want is to get through yesterday, vote and go to sleep).
And yup if you are fellows, I'm certain you would've instructed him the previous night. However I don't want to underestimate you, either. Why not do it twice if the second time might make you look more innocent?

CONCLUSION (based mostly on things posted after I disappeared yesterday)

Innocent
-Lottie
-Lommy. Haven't changed my mind about her.
-Legate; if he's a wolf, it would benefit him more, if not to encourage, at least to not discourage Lottie's suspicion of me. Plus his posting is reasonable.
-Nienna; see Legate.
-Greenie; I think she looks innocentish and I agree with her a lot.

Guilty
-Zil/Mira
-winty/Mira

No definite opinion about anyone else.

I'm most likely going to vote for Inzil because I'm more interested in his role than Glirdy's. And will do it in, dunno, half an hour I hope.

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-12-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: xed since Greenie's #500
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #512
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Only here for a minute I voted Early because I keep colliding badly with the times of the game I'm usually free all night phase and have maybe an hour or so during the day normally at the beginning.

"It" means going with my gut. Also like to point out I still have me retractable. If I didn't I might not have voted at all This way If I see something I can change... Hasn't happened yet. I'm 95% sure of this vote. I really Really Can figure out any other way Sally's vote and cry to Nienna makes sense.

Lastly I'm rushing this post... To the person who said they'd eat their hat if Nienna and I were Pack mates Don't worry your Hat shall remain in tact.

See you all tomorrow(Maybe)
Old 04-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #513
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Inzil is coming into the discussion I see. Interesting, but I have one problem with the idea. Why would a wolfish Inzil stick out his neck in what you in retrospect would call a desperate attempt to save what he knows to be a pack-mate? It seems too clumsy almost.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #514
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

(~~~) *grin appearing*

Finally back. And greetings from the admin thread. It seems we have a D3-syndrome with a host of people telling their part-taking will be minimal or null...

Back with you in a moment.

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
Old 04-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #515
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
If it's timing was how it was (as stated by Nogrod, when she gave his vote to him), and if Glirdan is a Wolf, then that would be really a logical way to vote for a Wolf
Yeah its timing was as stated by Nog, but it would've been later if my net hadn't died. And as I said I voted Inzil because I suspected him the most. I was pretty sure sally would die, and trust me if I had been a wolf with her, you know which bandwagon my vote would've ended up in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
She seems to be going her own way a lot and basically avoiding getting into the "pot"
To be honest I have a hard time seeing why people are so keen on certain issues.

I don't quite get Green's Nog suspicion.

Skippy it's usually no use analysing what a wolf has posted when she already knows she's in trouble. They can split their fellows between different categories in any way whatsoever and will do their best to confuse us and make us waste time speculating on what they meant.

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-12-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: xed since Morsul
Old 04-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #516
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Inzil is coming into the discussion I see. Interesting, but I have one problem with the idea. Why would a wolfish Inzil stick out his neck in what you in retrospect would call a desperate attempt to save what he knows to be a pack-mate? It seems too clumsy almost.
Glirdan could be his fellow, or it could be a bluff (no wolf would try to save his fellow like that), or he might have believed there was still a chance to lynch Glirdan instead of sally. I don't know and as long as I don't know, he's troubling me.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #517
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
Skippy it's usually no use analysing what a wolf has posted when she already knows she's in trouble. They can split their fellows between different categories in any way whatsoever and will do their best to confuse us and make us waste time speculating on what they meant.
Maybe that's so. But my point was, at this point on 2 votes, with other ones on 1 I believe, Sally isn't that threatened. Still, she must think her chances of escape are quite good. Quickly it worsened for her and then she would be thinking mostly of damage-control, but at this early stage her main priority would still be escape I think. Not putting another wolf up for the gallows.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #518
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Hmm I wonder why the wolves didn't kill Lottie last night. Did they want to play it safe in case the ranger protected her, did they think she could help them to lynch innocents, or did they consider Izzy a more imminent threat? I have no time to think about this now and I know Izzy's death has been discussed to an extent but I just wanted to bring it up.

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-12-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: xed with skippy
Old 04-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #519
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Maybe that's so. But my point was, at this point on 2 votes, with other ones on 1 I believe, Sally isn't that threatened. Still, she must think her chances of escape are quite good. Quickly it worsened for her and then she would be thinking mostly of damage-control, but at this early stage her main priority would still be escape I think. Not putting another wolf up for the gallows.
True but quite a lot of people had expressed suspicion of her, if I remember correctly. Not sure if she believed she could survive, but I don't think she could be sure of it either... So yeah if you think you can find something from her posts, go ahead. I personally just think it's mostly useless.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #520
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
Glirdan could be his fellow, or it could be a bluff (no wolf would try to save his fellow like that), or he might have believed there was still a chance to lynch Glirdan instead of sally. I don't know and as long as I don't know, he's troubling me.
Yeah but we never know, do we? Of course, it could be anything. It could be a double, triple, quadruple- bluff. But imo, a simpler explanation is generally more likely. But I've had my doubts about Inzil too. If I only could remember what they were...