The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2003, 06:17 PM   #41
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

My Answer? No.<P>For one thing, Matrix 2 is coming out way before ROTK.<P>As for Matrix 3, didn't people worry about Harry Potter taking away from FOTR? People will see both movies!
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 09:40 PM   #42
Dashuka

Sting

I am hoping that RotK can pull the awards, but I am on the side of The Matrix. its gonna make so much more money, but I still love LotR.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:00 PM   #43
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

The Matrix movies and LotR are totally different genres, so I don't think that those will affect LotR more than just slightly, even though Reloaded is awesome (just saw it today, and I don't agree that the plot goes down negative.)<P>~Menelien
Old 05-24-2003, 12:05 AM   #44
Calenedheliel1
Pile O'Bones

Calenedheliel1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just saw the Matrix Reloaded and will not be seeing the conclusion as I felt the lacked a whole lot of story. I even started to fall asleep in the middle of the movie. The only part I liked was Agent "Elrond".
Calenedheliel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:42 PM   #45
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Well, I think we're more or less going off towards opinions for the Matrix Reloaded here, which isn't what was supposed to happen, but I think it was wonderful, you could tell that the people weren't 'machines' (the crew, I mean.) Lots of people like this more than they will like RotK. I, personally, think RotK will be great once it comes (certainly better than Matrix), and many people will see it, but it is quite likely that they will see it once and then go off for another round of Matrix III.<P>~Menelien
Old 05-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #46
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I can only say that I hope it does not. I don't think it has done to well, since I heard its popularity dropped drastically recently, and didn't spend too much time in everyone's wanting to see list. You see, it SUCKED, so really, LOTR should have no problem. Going to the Matrix Reloaded, I had great expectations, and I am fairly easy to please, but...well, let's just say it wasn't even cool special effects with a free plot inside. Nope. Stinky plot, confusing, spent too much time on stupid stuff, just one big excuse for dudes in all black wearing sunglasses to kick butt and be able to fly around while doing so. I would have enjoyed it better, had Neo had a red cape, but...we're not here to talk about the movie, just whether it will lessen LOTR's popularity.<P>I believe that it won't, since this second one didn't come out close to TTT and it was stinky, and the third one, I believe it is coming out around when ROTK does, right? Or kinda close... But, I think people will be sick of the Matrix by then...maybe...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 07:41 PM   #47
Arawethiel
Animated Skeleton

Arawethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Personally, I think ROTK will out do Matrix 2 and 3. LOTR has a huge following and like others have already said people will go to see it more than once. As for me I'm sure ROTK will be much better than Matrix 2&3. TTT did not disappoint me and I know ROTK will live up to the previous two films already. Whereas the Matrix Reloaded was a serious disappointment to me. <P>I love the first film and was hyped to see the second believeing it would be just as good, however, the CGI effects and slow moving plot gave me a serious let down. The highlights of the film were when Hugo Weaving appeared and when Neo was actually fighting, not his computer generated counter part. From what I hear a lot of people are having this reaction to the film and if the Matrix 3 is anything like Reloaded than I think its popularity will drop even further. <P>LOTR, however, has turned out wonderful and amassed a huge amount of fans regardless if they have read the books so I think it will prevail over the Matrix.