The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #401
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Crap. My fault. I should've demanded that Isildur/Anarion reveal first so that your target couldn't claim it after the fact. Ugh...
Well, if Nerwen is lynched and turns up innocent, Lottie is definitely evil, whereas if Nerwen is indeed a KM, Lottie's only potentially bad.
Wow, what a game.

x/d with tp
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #402
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Ah well, that settles the Lottie question as far as I'm concerned–

++Lottie

I suppose I should never have said I might not be around to vote.

Please do not lynch me. It would be very bad. Good night.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #403
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Surprise, surprise.

I wonder if voting history might help here....
Old 12-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #404
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I have to go. I'll be back home in a couple hours or so.

Someone do me a favor and look over Boro's posts to see if there are any clues at all that hint at a Gifted role other than Elendil. I've found one potential clue- in his first four sentences, the first letter sentence 1 is "A", third letter sentence 2 is "N", fifth letter sentence 3 is "A", seventh letter sentence 4 is "R". And "Anar" of course means "sun" and is the root of the name Anarion.

Is there anything else?

Anyway, gotta go. Please try not to vote until I'm back so that I can catch up easily.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #405
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

One last thing- Nerwen, if you're specifically Anarion, I think a full reveal is the only way to go. If not, then it's in the village's hands later today...

See everyone in a bit.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #406
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Someone do me a favor and look over Boro's posts to see if there are any clues at all that hint at a Gifted role other than Elendil. I've found one potential clue- in his first four sentences, the first letter sentence 1 is "A", third letter sentence 2 is "N", fifth letter sentence 3 is "A", seventh letter sentence 4 is "R". And "Anar" of course means "sun" and is the root of the name Anarion.
With a quick skim, I didn't see anything in particular.

I have to leave in a minute myself, and I have stuff to do today.
That said, I'll be around a good deal. Let me know, phantom and Brinn, when you think is the best time for Amandil's heir to be outed. Others' opinions are welcome, but they won't necessarily be followed.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #407
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm awake. Dun, now's as good a time as any (for sleepy little me anyway).
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #408
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Grrrr. I have to leave again, and I'll not be back but for scraps for a couple of hours. Keep on the up, up, up, up, and even more up while I'm gone, will you all?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #409
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dűm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Well there's me taking a look at Lottie and then this happens- will have to read back through everything with all this in mind now.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #410
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I notice that most people seem unwilling to name what they believe is the KM-pack. Is that because you don't know whether to trust Lottie?

Then how about this. Make a list of three if she's innocent, and a list for if she's guilty.

Sally, Manwe, Morsul, Steve- it's you we need to hear from. Lay out your top three suspects please.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #411
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I notice that most people seem unwilling to name what they believe is the KM-pack. Is that because you don't know whether to trust Lottie?

Then how about this. Make a list of three if she's innocent, and a list for if she's guilty.

Sally, Manwe, Morsul, Steve- it's you we need to hear from. Lay out your top three suspects please.
Should I do this too?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #412
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Meh, I'll hold off. I want to see what others say.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #413
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
That said, I'll be around a good deal. Let me know, phantom and Brinn, when you think is the best time for Amandil's heir to be outed.
Honestly, I don't even think you have to, seeing as no one challenged your claim. If the person comes under fire then of course you can step in, but for now may as well sit on it, right?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #414
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Honestly, I don't even think you have to, seeing as no one challenged your claim. If the person comes under fire then of course you can step in, but for now may as well sit on it, right?
That works. I was hoping it would be challenged though. You bad guys are no fun.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #415
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
That works. I was hoping it would be challenged though. You bad guys are no fun.
Ha ha, yeah, I know. This day isn't weird and crazy enough- let's get a role challenge going!

Sally- didn't you say last night that you had a very important observation to share?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #416
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

If Elendil is in fact still alive, I'm debating the merits of asking Isildur or Anarion to reveal.

Hmm, actually even if Elendil isn't alive, I'm debating the possibility of at least one of the Gifteds revealing. Just imagine Steve, Morsul, Sally, or Manwe being Gifted and able to back that claim up with some quality evidence. That would shrink the lynch pool immensely not just for today but for tomorrow- not to mention it would give the KMs yet another Night-kill target to worry about.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #417
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Hmm, actually even if Elendil isn't alive, I'm debating the possibility of at least one of the Gifteds revealing. Just imagine Steve, Morsul, Sally, or Manwe being Gifted and able to back that claim up with some quality evidence. That would shrink the lynch pool immensely not just for today but for tomorrow- not to mention it would give the KMs yet another Night-kill target to worry about.
Seems sound enough.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #418
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally- didn't you say last night that you had a very important observation to share?
Indeed, but I'll have to wait on Dun. The good news is I'll be around for the rest of the day. Hopefully the lynch won't get too crazy, but if it does, I'll see what I can do to help.

Off to fill my grumbling stomach.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #419
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Indeed, but I'll have to wait on Dun.
What do you mean, it has to wait on him?

He's proven innocent. No one challenged. Therefore he has no need to give out his info. Are you trying to force him?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #420
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Indeed, but I'll have to wait on Dun. The good news is I'll be around for the rest of the day.
Interesting. I'd still like input from our innocents first though.

Edit- What phantom said.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #421
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

It's not an issue of me trusting him at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

Are you even around at present, Dun?

EDIT: x'd with Dun. How convenient.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #422
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Inzil and Brin (and if anyone else wants to give thoughts on this you're welcome), what are the pros and cons of Gifteds revealing? Here's a bit of my thinking-

Scenario: Isildur and Anarion both reveal
Pros: We would know Lottie is lying, or that one of the reveals is lying (if Elendil then steps forward). The lynch list would be smaller. If Elendil is still alive Anarion could tell him who he is able to protect.
Cons: The KMs would have more kill choices thus it would be more difficult to predict for Anarion if he's alive.

What else can you guys add to this?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #423
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dűm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Quote:
Ok then, if she's innocent;

Nerwen
Steve
Morsul

If she's not innocent

Lottie
Morsul
Steve

But i'm still not set on Sally wholly so her and Morsul could be interchangeable.

edit: x'd with the above

Sounds good to me phantom, simple and the reveals have worked relatively well so far.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)

Last edited by Mänwe; 12-02-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #424
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

Not a problem. Actually, I did quite a bit of number-crunching in the wee hours about exactly this.

If Lottie's evil:
Lottie
Morsul
Nerwen (if Lottie is playing boldly)

If Lottie's innocent:
Nerwen
Morsul
Steve
Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #425
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
It's not an issue of me trusting him at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

Are you even around at present, Dun?
I am here for the moment. I think whether I tell what I know is tied to this from tp:

Quote:
Inzil and Brin (and if anyone else wants to give thoughts on this you're welcome), what are the pros and cons of Gifteds revealing? Here's a bit of my thinking-

Scenario: Isildur and Anarion both reveal
Pros: We would know Lottie is lying, or that one of the reveals is lying (if Elendil then steps forward). The lynch list would be smaller. If Elendil is still alive Anarion could tell him who he is able to protect.
Cons: The KMs would have more kill choices thus it would be more difficult to predict for Anarion if he's alive.
I see the positives, but also the opportunity for a lot of chaos. If Anarion is known, probably he would be the next kill, as I don't think he can self-protect.
Then again, narrowing the field at this stage works in the innocents' favor, I think.
And in the event of double-reveals, hopefully my knowledge could be useful.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #426
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, so Manwe and Inzil have both assented to the idea of Isildur and/or Anarion revealing. What does everyone else think? What are drawbacks?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #427
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom, re: Dun
Are you trying to force him?
Um....maybe?

I think getting a list from him would give me what I need though. Maybe. Ish. See, I have this theory, but I can't prove it yet. I guess I could just share what I know, but I'd rather have Dun show his cards (or at least let me peek) first to be safe. Luckily I'm not in a terrible rush, so I suppose I can wait until he's ready.

Done making wonderful food. Until I get back (found a mess in the kitchen when I got home, so I'll be working on that for a bit), keep up with Phantom's plans. Rather hoping Dun will trust me enough to at least make a list.

EDIT: x'd with Dun again (and also Phantom). Gee, this is getting to be a habit.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #428
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Actually, would our two Gifteds necessarily have to say who they specifically were? Or would it be enough to know they were Gifted? Just thinking aloud, trying to keep as much useful data as possible from those who shouldn't get it.

x/d with tp and Sally
Old 12-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #429
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Actually, would our two Gifteds necessarily have to say who they specifically were? Or would it be enough to know they were Gifted? Just thinking aloud, trying to keep as much useful data as possible from those who shouldn't get it.

x/d with tp and Sally

Not necessarily, especially the ranger. In fact, I think the ranger should stay silent unless they are threatened toDay.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #430
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

The problem with my doing a list like you want, Sally, is that by elimination it would narrow down the possibilities of who I know is innocent. I don't know about that.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #431
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Indeed... They would only have to specify if challenged, as I would assume their proof would demand revealing their role.

Sally- while your demands on Inzil look suspicious, I do realize you could have innocent intent. For instance, if you found clear Isildur hints in someone's posts, you could operate on the theory that he/she was Isildur and thus if Inzil could narrow down who his info was on, and if it wasn't on that particular person, you would then know for certain whether the village still had Anarion or Elendil, right? Because if Elendil is still alive Inzil would not know Isildur, but if it was Anarion still alive then he would know Isildur.

Am I guessing your theory correctly? I've been working on the same project...
Old 12-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #432
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Indeed, Phantom. I may be able to prove/disprove Lottie's claim, but only if Dun trusts me.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #433
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Well, I don't really trust anyone but phantom and Brinn. What say you, tp?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #434
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Well, I don't really trust anyone but phantom and Brinn.
We all know that isn't true....
Old 12-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #435
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Honestly, Inzil, I wouldn't do anything.

Not trying to sabotage you, Sally, rather trying to help in a more round-about fashion.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #436
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Anyway, I'm off to clean my horrendous kitchen and flail with my gone but not forgotten prince about a certain apocalyptic television program we both love. I'll return after a fashion.

EDIT: x'd with Phantom, and noted
Old 12-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #437
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

As I demonstrated earlier with my population breakdown, Lottie's dream (if real) pretty well has to be a KM regardless of Lottie's affiliation. We may as well roll with it.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #438
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Not trying to sabotage you, Sally, rather trying to help in a more round-about fashion.
Not accusing you of sabotage. Keep reading. I think you'll find Isildur if you look close enough. (I got lucky, or I wouldn't know either.)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #439
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Not to mention, Sally, that both of your potential packs has Nerwen in it.

I outlined 10 packs last night and 8 had Nerwen in it (and Inzil had to be in both packs that didn't involve her, and we know that's not true).
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #440
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Hush, Sally. I already had it a while ago.