The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2002, 11:41 AM   #1
pippin_fan

Sting The END of TTT...

Someone did a topic about the beginning of TTT, but I'm wondering how you think it will end. There are rumors that Shelob won't be in the second one, so where will they end it? What do you think?
Old 04-14-2002, 11:46 AM   #2
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think it may end with Frodo, Sam, and Gollum about to enter Cirith Ungol and Pippin and Gandalf racing to Minas Tirith right after Pippin looks into the palantír.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:55 AM   #3
Orodhromeus
Wight

Orodhromeus has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orodhromeus
Sting

That's a nice topic! We should open "The beginning of RotK" tomorrow!<P>I agree with Elanor on Gandalf & Pippin, but I'd like to see Shelob in TTT. Not because I want to see her sooner than Christmas 2003, but because I believe it ends the film better. Maybe not to have Sam make her retrieve but to get Frodo stung & Gollum jump on Sam. That would make people belive Frodo's really dead, otherwise the prediction of Galadriel in the beginning would be somehow useless.
Orodhromeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 12:15 PM   #4
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

Yeah, I also wish that they would end it with Sam mourning for Frodo, thinking he's dead. What a cliffhanger that would be! Then RotK could open with Sam taking the Ring and heading to Mt. Doom, then finding out that he was mistaken. Ha, the people who thought the end of FotR was too abrupt would have a fit!
Old 04-14-2002, 12:34 PM   #5
starbreeze

Silmaril

I have also heard that Shelob will not be at the end of TTT, and I am inclined to believe it. I did read somewhere what it will end on, and it is a cliffhanger so don't worry, but I can't remember what part it is at the moment.
Old 04-14-2002, 05:00 PM   #6
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I agree with all of you... that it should end with Shelob and the cliffhanger of "Is he dead?" BUT, since it seems that that is not going to happen...<BR>I think it may end with Gandalf and Pippin and the palatir, perhaps they can have a shot of darkness beginning to fill the the lands. WHo knows, I can't wait to see what is actually done!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 05:06 PM   #7
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I read somewhere that Shelob wouldn't be in TTT because they were going to take up more time with Faramir and maybe Gollum to build up their characters more, or something like that. I hope this isn't true, I can't wait to see Shelob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 05:20 PM   #8
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think that they will have to have it be sort of resolved, it will be somwhat happy like FOTR. Maybe gandalf and pippin ridding, merr, Aragorn, Legolas and Rohirim riding, but I have no idea about Frodo and Sam.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:08 PM   #9
Airetauriel
Animated Skeleton

Airetauriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No, it's pretty definite now that Shelob will not be involved in TTT. I've done a bit of thinking, and what about it ending on Frodo and Sam at the gates of Minas Morgul, when the Morgul army rides forth. A final line of 'Who can now hold the fords when the King of the Nine Riders comes? I am too late. Even if I complete my task, who will be here to see. There will be nothing. There will be noone I can tell...' And perhaps Gandalf and Pippin are riding the crest of the mountains above the Pelennor fields and can see the army spewing forth towards the walls of Minas Tirith.....a bit of a stretch on the geography front, but it would make a good ending. Or how about the death of Saruman???? I think he dies in TTT....or maybe they'll have put that at the beginning of ROTK.<P>Airetauriel
Airetauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 12:23 PM   #10
Varda

Sting

yeah I've heard rumours about Saruman's death in TTT. I think that they might end TTT with Pippin and Gandalf riding to Gondor, and Frodo, Sam and Gollum getting ready to enter Shelob's tunnal perhaps but those are just my thoughts.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:32 PM   #11
Orodhromeus
Wight

Sting

Yes, the Army with the Lord of the Nazgűl at its head issuing from Minas Morgul would be a great ending! That would make any viewer wanting to see the third part (I heard some viewers even unaware that it was a trilogy after seeing FotR!!!).<P>Since the Scouring of the Shire is by all odds left out, Saruman's death will be shown in TTT. Probably Grima will kill him again. I expect the confrontation between Gandalf & Saruman happening in the same room or in an open area (at least not separated by some Orthanc levels). Grima hits Saruman with the palatír on the bck, Saruman falls, Grima stabs him, Grima dies "as a result of his sins" or something like that (he mustn't survive I expect) and Pippin lifts the palantír.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:45 PM   #12
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

What i heard was that Sauruman wil be killed when he falls out of Orthanc and then right into a giant spike which is part of the machinary of Isingard. Not exaclty the death i would have choosen. I also heard that Eowyn is going to kill Wormtongue.<P>I like you ideas for the ending.<BR>Pehaps Frodo and Sam will still be with Faramir at the end of TTT. Since Faramir is going to have an expanded part.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:13 PM   #13
Peregrin Boffin
Pile O'Bones

Peregrin Boffin has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I would have Gandalf and Pippin riding to Gondor. But at where were Frodo and Sam at that moment?
Peregrin Boffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 02:14 PM   #14
Orodhromeus
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> What i heard was that Sauruman wil be killed when he falls out of Orthanc and then right into a giant spike which is part of the machinary of Isingard. Not exaclty the death i would have choosen <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are you talking of this weird picture from behind-the-scenes that appeared which featured a figure of a wizard (determining wether it was Gandalf or Saruman was impossible) with a big spike through him, altogether on a spinning wheel? (I know, lame description...) I thought all this wheel thing was to shoot the scene with Gandalf in FotR when Saruman sents him hit the roof of Orthanc, wasn't it?
Old 04-17-2002, 02:44 PM   #15
Enedhil
Wight

Enedhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*bounces with impatience*<P>nNNNnnnnnn.n.n.....can't....wait.... .eight...more...months...
Old 04-17-2002, 03:02 PM   #16
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

I heard that Wormtongue pushes Saruman out of the tower and he falls on the spike and dies (saw the picture somewhere on the internet...strange). Then supposedly Éowyn kills Wormtongue. Not exactly the end I'd pick for old Sharkey, but oh, well. Does anyone know which movie Saruman and Wormtongue die in?
Old 04-17-2002, 03:14 PM   #17
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What I've heard so far (many ppl have "heard things" huh? ) TTT will end in or right after Helm's Deep, and Shelob is in ROTK, since after her, there will be very little left about Frodo and Sam.<p>[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 04-22-2002, 07:23 PM   #18
toojax

Sting

I too have heard of no Shelob in TTT, I have heard she is in the Return of the King. I recently saw about a minute of footage from TTT on a Chinese News web page, complete with Chinese voice over. It seems to feature a lot of the battle of Helms Deep (night battle)/taking back Isengard.Aragorn picking up a brooch, Orcs dragging Merry and Ppin across a plain. Gandalf returning, Legolas in armour.<BR>I have read that Gollum will feature quite heavily and apparently he gets to tell his own story.<BR>I think they will end the movie with Everyone riding to Minas Tirth ie will they make it in time. and Frodo and Sam about to enter Mordor
Old 04-22-2002, 08:46 PM   #19
Cynthia Edwards

Sting

Like others, I have heard that Saruman dies on the spike, probably pushed by Wormtongue, and that Eowyn kills Wormtongue. I agree that a strong ending would be Frodo and Sam watching the armies head out from Minas Morgul, then gathering their strength to enter Mordor. I would like a strong ending for Aragorn, since the next movie is largely about him. Perhaps his striving with Sauron via the palantir, or his leaving to take the Paths of the Dead?
Old 04-22-2002, 08:55 PM   #20
Mr. Frodo
Pile O'Bones

Mr. Frodo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Frodo
Silmaril

I hope they end it like the book. I cried all night after I read it, even after I learned Frodo was alive, because I felt so bad for Sam. That was a perfect cliffhanger, and it will be incredible if the actors and artists keep doing as well as they have been, especially with the soundtrack.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:01 PM   #21
Ainalondwen
Pile O'Bones

Ainalondwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It might end with Gollum leading Frodo and Sam into the tunnel, then the last part of the film is Pippin and the palantir, possibly Gandalf trying to shake him out of it??? (sorry, 'it' being the hypnotic stupor Pip seems to be in after looking in the palantir).<p>[ April 23, 2002: Message edited by: Ainalondwen ]

Read Feist
Ainalondwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 03:05 PM   #22
ESTEN
Animated Skeleton

ESTEN has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ESTEN
Pipe

I think that they should either end it right after Sam learns that Frodo is alive, or right before so that the people who haven't read the books get the suspense and go out and read them. They need to include this part, if they don't I will go on a rampage<BR>P.S.<BR>If there are any good sites with pics of new movie I would like to know <BR>Thanx
ESTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 06:22 AM   #23
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Am I right in thinking that the Morgul Army left Mordor because of Aragorn looking into the Palantir? I guess they could end it like this;<P>Aragorn striving with Sauron then leaving for the Paths of the Dead.<BR>Gandalf and Pippin riding to Minas Tirith.<BR>The Rohirrim riding back to muster.<BR>And Frodo, Sam and Gollum looking upon the host of Mordor.<P>In a way, that would be quite similar to the ending of the Fellowship, looking ahead to the next film.
Old 05-04-2002, 09:26 AM   #24
elenna

Sting

Well, call me a purist, but I think Tolkein was absolutely brilliant in the way that he actually DID end TTT. I would much prefer it to be GAndalf and Pippin galloping madly to Minas Tirith and that whole scene with the Orcs at Shelob's tunnel. I think that is the best way to end the film. I hope Faramir is as awesome as Boromir was! I've seen the preview for TTT, and Eowyn is going to ROCK, so we need an awesome Faramir to go with her.
Old 05-04-2002, 09:53 AM   #25
TheWindsorStar
Pile O'Bones

TheWindsorStar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arrrrgh! They can't kill off Saruman in TTT! He's one of my favourite characters! Oh well, sounds like he has a cool death. Eowyn killing Wormtongue would be kinda neat... Don't know how that would happen though... Better not turn into another 'Arwen'. <P>Anyway, I think it's positive now that Shelob's going to have to wait 'till ROTK. That's fine with me. *runs from angry purists* I think it would work better for the movie. It adds more plot. Movies and books are different, you have to understand. Yes, thinking about it, I really belive it's for the best.
Old 05-04-2002, 12:08 PM   #26
Lómelindi
Wight

Location: a swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas
Lómelindi has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lómelindi
Sting

I think the main reason for leaving the whole Shelob incident to ROTK is because the ending would be far more of a cliffhanger; lots of people were confused by FOTR's abrupt and dangling ending, and an ending like there is TTT is far more so.<BR>Personally, I'd like to see TTT end with Frodo and Sam just entering Mordor, and with Pippin and Gandalf ridingon Shadowfax to Minas Tirith. (I'm pretty sure the Palantír is still in TTT.)<BR>Then again, we all seem to be agreed on those two ending points. <I>Calling Peter Jackson…</I>
"The fires of Isengard will spread, and the woods of Tookborough and Buckland will burn, and...and all that was once green and good in this world will be gone! There won't be a Shire, Pippin." ~ Merry, TTT
Lómelindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 02:07 PM   #27
Nufaciel
Wight

Nufaciel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okay, I can end the speculation for at least one of these. Shelob will be in RotK, not in TTT. This comes right from the mouth of Peter Jackson himself. And in an interview, Christopher Lee said that he was in all three movies. Also, if anyone ever noticed, as some have, the Saruman dying pic was released on April 1st...possibly an April Fool's joke? But for sure Shelob will be in RotK.
Old 05-04-2002, 04:42 PM   #28
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I didn't notice the release date on that pic, but I assumed that it was a joke. I just didn't think that PJ would have Saurman die like Dracula - a stake through the heart. I think PJ is more original than that.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 07:18 AM   #29
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I think having Shelob in RotK is a good idea. Frodo and Sam would hardly be in RotK if they did it as in the book. I think it will work better if Frodo and Sam have a little more action in the final film while the other main characters are having their battles and all.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:47 AM   #30
Lanniae of the Axe
Haunting Spirit

Lanniae of the Axe has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Yeah, I heard that Shelob wasn't gonna be in TTT somewhere, too. Even though I think it'd be a perfect ending, Sam going on, taking the Ring with him and leaving "dead" Frodo.<P>But think what a grabber it's gonna be at the beginning of ROTK! You have like a blank screen, then you hear Shelob scremaing, and the picture comes on and you see this huge ol' monster attacking the hobbits! THAT woudl be one hell of an attention-getter! That way we also don't have Sam's pitifully cute, tear-drenched face in our heads for a whole year! Drat Sean Astin, he's good at making pitiful faces! And I don't want it to be in my mind for a whole year!<P>But that also means that ROTK is either gonna be majorly cut, or that it's gonna be the longest...I'm thinking like four 1/2 hours instead of 3 1/2...TTT is probably gonna be shortest! <P>Maybe.<P>~Lanniae