The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2005, 03:15 AM   #41
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe I beg your pardon, but . . .

It is I, Adam Smith, not the comestible Nilpaurion Felagund, who shall be playing with you.

Despite the fact that most of you expect me to play the suspicious character, I shall not, for it is not in my nature to be suspicious, especially when already under suspicion.

So there. Now that I have declared myself, you can have at me all you want.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:21 AM   #42
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Time check.

Ladies and Gentlemen

I would remind you that you have 6hours to go and only 1 vote cast. If you do not reach a majority by 7.30 I will pick someone at random. Complete random....!!

The late, Mith Alwen Marple

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:26 AM   #43
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I feel though that Kath has the most suspicious move of the day.
Quote:
I myself find it interesting that Gil attacks me and Kath supports him. I say it's suspicious activity and Kath goes suddenly silent.
I'm sorry you are quite so suspicious of me Mormegil but I'm afraid I was called away on rather urgent business (i.e. sleep and school) and have only just now been able to get here and catch up on what has been happening. I was not so much supporting Gil as mentioning that you seemed to have it in for him a little - which apparently equals 'Wolf!" in your mind. Also, I did in fact become a little suspicious of Gil's innocence myself:
Quote:
You feeling alright Gil? Or is it the wolfish tendencies in you coming to the surface?
Well to those who are siding with Mormegil on this I would just like to say that my absence had nothing to do with fear of being found out as there is nothing to be found out about me. I am completely innocent and to me it seems a little early to be planning lynchings when we have many hours left to post, look at evidence and vote. I think Mormegil is jumping at chances that are not actually there, maybe an avoidance tactic to get everyone on his side. Also, we have still not heard from Sophia. It seems to me a rather strange thing that Mormegil be so willing to jump on me when there is a member of the village still unaccounted for. I realise RL duties call him away but he did not take that into account when judging me did he?

I hope the rest of you realise that Mormegil is jumping the gun here and that I am entirely innocent.

As to my suspicions, I would still like to hear from Sophia and maybe a bit more from Nilp as his only post claims he is here as his alter-ego, so we already know he's in two minds!
Old 07-04-2005, 07:02 AM   #44
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quite so Mormegil, though i won't jump to Kath's defence as of yet, though i'll still defend her once and awhile, but not now (no hard feelings) though i'm still waiting for the other non-talkers
Old 07-04-2005, 07:05 AM   #45
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I have very real suspicions already, and will voice them in a short while. We must be careful, terribly careful, not to lynch an innocent. I am going over what everybody has said to evaluate motives.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:07 AM   #46
Gil-Galad

now that i think about it, theres only 5 hours left, and i have to vote because i'm going to be gone for the next 5-6 hours or so...

now i have to think... i shall reply shortly...
Old 07-04-2005, 07:12 AM   #47
Gil-Galad

i have reached my decison

++Holbytlass

no hard feelings my dear, you know that
Old 07-04-2005, 07:21 AM   #48
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

An explanation would be nice, if you haven't scurried off already.

Please also remember, 5 hours is plenty of time to decide. Do not vote rashly, or we will have the blood of innocents on our hands. There is time for debate yet.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:26 AM   #49
Gil-Galad

5 hours is plenty, but i shall be away for those 5 hours

Why i chose Holbytlass, well she seems innocent...too innocent, shes keeping calm about this, and not using her voice, shes trying to hide something and stay out of peoples way, randomly coming up and adding on to somebody's accusation...makes me wonder...
Old 07-04-2005, 07:45 AM   #50
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I've got about an hour to an hour and a half before I'll be off (like Morm said, 4th of July and all that).

Right now I'm leaning towards Holbytlass, Gil (though I highly doubt both of them are wolves, just one of them), possibly Oro.

Holbytlass - is very definite: "I am definite nothing of the lupine persuasion." and "the only thing I like on the dark side is chocolate." I'm not sure why this makes me suspicious, but it does. Villagers shouldn't need to respond to every time someone points out their name. Holbytlass seems to act like she has something to prove. (Nothing definite here, but at this point there is nothing definite.)

Gil - I can't figure out if he is a wolf or if that is just the way he is (or both). But he took up the "Kill Morm!" cry very quickly and eagerly (though now he's voted for Holbytlass. Maybe he and Morm are in cahoots? Both act suspicious of each other and then vote otherwise. Hm...).

Oro - is taking the wounded innocent approach. "Me? Of course it's not little old me. You have absolutely no reason to vote for me." Etc. That raises my suspicion quicker than just about anything else.

So right now it looks like I will be voting for one of those three. Time will tell.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:49 AM   #51
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I'm back and I see that I already have a vote against me and more are leaning towards me. Please, sirs and misses, wait for my defence against Gil-Galad's accusation and vote. I assure I will give you something to think about.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #52
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

[QUOTE=Gil-GaladWhy i chose Holbytlass, well she seems innocent...too innocent, shes keeping calm about this, and not using her voice, shes trying to hide something and stay out of peoples way, randomly coming up and adding on to somebody's accusation...makes me wonder...[/QUOTE]

I am innocent and I'm sorry if I come of as 'TOO' innocent. Firefoot, I suppose I am guilty about responding to everything that has my name attached, but of nothing else.

But, Gil-Galad's statement that I'm adding to everyone's accusations are ridiculous! Either he is not researching properly or he has his posts running backwards.

In posts 6 and 13, I name TGWBS, Mormegil, Firefoot, and Gil-Galad (even if it is not out-right finger pointing)
In post 14, Mormegil follows my lead against Gil-Galad on his guilty conscience of paying for a funeral.
In Post 17, Feanor adds on to Mormegil's replies to my post about Gil-Galad's guilty conscience.

In my post (23) I point out how I have hit a nerve with Mormegil in "knowing all too well'.
In post 24 Kittana adds to it about I learning something dangerous.
In post 25, Gil-Galad himself has added to Kittana's replies (to my reply) and than calls Mormegil a witch!

I am not hiding I, I am not adding on but rather people (and GilGalad) are adding to my observations. Which I don't mind, but it makes me wonder why Gil-Galad got it backwards!!
Old 07-04-2005, 08:27 AM   #53
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, I would have liked to see what TGWBS came up with (and if he posts it soon I still may see it, I suppose). But I find my own time running short.

I'm going to take Holbytlass at her word for now. My vote is for ++Orominuialwen, for reasons, such as they are, listed above.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #54
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I will now declare my thoughts. Night is not yet upon us, but many of you have actual lives, so I hope to give you something to think about.

First, let us consider mormegil. He voted for Kath. He picked up what seemed like a Kath-Galad alliance (I did too). However, a few things stand out that make him seem guilty.
He claimed Kath was "quiet" and hiding without conidering that she could be asleep, taking into account time differences. Perhaps an honest slip.
He didn't take into account that the Kath-Galad alliance could be a Hunter/Guardian relationship. I feel no fear in saying this, as it already seemed obvious enough as a possibility.
This makes me slightly suspicious of him. I may vote for him yet.

Gil-Galad is in league with Kath. I feel I am most likely to vote G-G, and if he is guilty, lynch Kath.
The "paying for Mith's funeral comment" could have been a Freudian Slip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG
Holy Twiddly-winks people! we shouldn't be going around accusing and defending ourself, we must all come together and figure this out, us spreading out in this strange time is not needed
What? It isn't? He wants us to choose one person and bandwagon rather than considering all options? We have to spread for a greater chance of finding the guilty.
He jumped on mormegil with the rest of the group and shows continued bitterness. The jumping part seems wolvish, but the morm-part could mean anything. They could be wolves together, or he could be trying to get morm killed as he knows he's an innocent. Note how he adds strength to the lynch-morm campaign, but votes Holbytlass.
Also, his Holbytlass vote made no sense, as she herself pointed out. There are many who fit the bill better than her.
Quote:
Why i chose Holbytlass, well she seems innocent...too innocent, shes keeping calm about this, and not using her voice, shes trying to hide something and stay out of peoples way, randomly coming up and adding on to somebody's accusation...makes me wonder...
As Holbytlass, pointed out, she doesn't even fit this properly. In fact, this accusation makes me believe Holbytlass to be innocent, the only person I am reasonably sure of, other than myself and somebody else who I won't name.
Kath - a puzzle. Accuses morm and Gil. Why? Is G-G simply tying himself to her? Is she casting accusation on her fellows to avoid association with them?These are the three I am most concerned about. Less guilty seeming people shall follow later.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 07-04-2005 at 08:35 AM. Reason: weird stuff came up
Old 07-04-2005, 08:55 AM   #55
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Gil - I can't figure out if he is a wolf or if that is just the way he is (or both). But he took up the "Kill Morm!" cry very quickly and eagerly (though now he's voted for Holbytlass. Maybe he and Morm are in cahoots? Both act suspicious of each other and then vote otherwise. Hm...)
I find that quite interesting. It seemed Kath had been there to defend Gil, which would mean Gil and Kath are working together and it seemed Morm and Gil were together by the way they voted. However Morm voted for Kath who seemed to ally herself with Gil. So either Morm and Gil are working together and Morm wants to get rid of Kath or Gil and Kath are working together and Morm wants to break them up before they cause more trouble.
Those three are highest on my list. I'll return later with a vote.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:10 AM   #56
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Kath - a puzzle. Accuses morm and Gil. Why? Is G-G simply tying himself to her? Is she casting accusation on her fellows to avoid association with them?These are the three I am most concerned about. Less guilty seeming people shall follow later.
Somehow I have garnered wrongful suspicion but I've already tried to show my innocence and I'll leave it at that.

What I did want to comment on was a theory that has been floating around all day and was most explicitly said by TGWBS:

Quote:
Gil-Galad is in league with Kath.
This ladies and gentlemen is simply not true. The comment that has everyone forming this opinion was this:

Quote:
I find myself strangely suspicious of Mormegil for continuing with the questioning of Gil
Now this, in my mind at least, did not mean that I was siding with Gil, rather that Mormegil's jumping on the 'let's accuse Gil' bandwagon seemed somewhat odd to me, though this could be because I never saw the comment as threatening and thought that one comment on it was enough.

I am not in league, working, communicating or in cahoots with Gil-Galad whether for the purpose of good or evil.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:10 AM   #57
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Under the radar...

Kitanna - If my ideas are wrong, she's potentially a wolf for leaping on them so early. At the moment, I like her 'cos she agrees with me.

Orominuialwen - One post. No accusations. No defences. Nothing. Bears watching as somebody flying under the radar.

Nilpaurion Felagund - Likewise, one meaningless post. Watch him closely.

Oddwen - I'm not suspicious of her yet. However, a few posts back, she made a list of people and notes about them. If she is a wolf, we should go back and see who she left off, as she could be diverting attention away from them.

durelin -
Quote:
Only the guilty mind would feel the need to immediately lash out with brash words.
Brash words breed brash responses, of which knowledge can be gained. His only post contains that tomfoolery within it. Note also, only one post - under the radar, anybody? I am most suspicious of him after The Big Three, though perhaps this is only a knee-jerk reaction.

I have little to say about the others. I believe Holbytlass and Feanor of the Peredhil to be the most innocent.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:14 AM   #58
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

An addition which I believe deserves its own post rather than an edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I am not in league, working, communicating or in cahoots with Gil-Galad whether for the purpose of good or evil.
She doesn't respond to the idea that she could be in league with mormegil.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #59
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
She doesn't respond to the idea that she could be in league with mormegil.
I wasn't aware that I needed to as I found it such a laughable prospect. Also I was defending myself mostly against Morm's early accusations. However, since it seems I need to:

I am not in league, working, communicating or in cahoots with Gil-Galad or mormegil whether for the purpose of good or evil.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #60
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'll keep this short[ish], since I also have a national holiday to attend to.

Gil-galad has been moving up my list of suspects all day. I can see where he would accuse Morm, but to this degree? It's our first day... nobody knows anything... except the wolves. Might he be trying to solidify our suspicions against an innocent? I don't really know. But I do know that he changed his mind out of nowhere, launching his anti-morm campaign, and then voting for someone else entirely that he hadn't even mentioned yet (I think... don't quote me on that, because I'm in a hurry).

Pretty much to avoid restating everything TGWBS said, I'll just say that I agree with his [TGWBS] reasoning. Gil is just... bloodthirsty. I mean... I know I seem that way also... but when I see someone else as blatantly obvious about accusing random people, it makes me nervous. Not everybody has my good intentions. Unless he's adopted an "observation by agitation" method that I usually use in these cases.

Also high on my list is Oro. She's so... quiet. I understand that we all have constraints on our posting, but still... it's unsettling to see someone being so subtle.

Quote:
I am certainly curious to discover the reasoning behind your blind and seemingly pointless accusation of me.
The reasoning is this: I selected everyone who hadn't posted yet, and accused them of being a wolf. Read from it what you want, but it was a joke. Your response was really inadequate though. Honestly, I've got no idea what you were talking about, but entertaining dukes is sketchy at best.

Since I can't guarantee I'll be back before the day is up (do I smell breakfast? and then ooh, shower! followed by likely Independence Day picnic) I have to vote now. If I come back and am duly impressed by his defense of himself, I may change it, but for now, the most suspicious on my list is ++GIL-GALAD. I can't get over his quick-change. But Gil, if you change my mind, Oro's head shall be in the noose instead.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #61
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Time is ticking and a National Holiday to attend.
It may sound like a knee-jerk but the evidence (that we do have) against Gil-Galad that TGWBS and Feanor has pointed out gives credit to the gut feelings I've been having about him. And, of course, his reasoning behind his vote for me is shoddy at best.

++GIL-GALAD
Old 07-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #62
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Well, others have taken the lead in voting for ++GIL GALAD. He appeared most suspicious to me out of The Three anyway, so there it is.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #63
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Not much time, must celebrate my beloved nation's birth! So I'll cast my vote now.

I had narrowed it down to Kath, Morm, and Gil. Though Kath seems kind of shifty I see her as less of a threat then the other two. She denies an alliance with both and we have only her word to go on. Gil and Morm have so far said nothing on it. (or at least not that I know of)

Anywho TGWBS said an alliance might be a hunter/guardian alliance. I took that into account when I examined Morm and Gil. It is possible they are our hunters/guardians, but I'm not so sure.

Morm's vote for Kath was not a total surprise. He had been going after Kath for some time. And her sudden silence only added to his accusations. But her absence could have been any number of things.

Gil was all ready to kill Morm. He seemed to pick up the torch and lead us right to Morm's doorstep, then suddenly he casts his vote for Holbytlass. And his reasoning of her being quiet was strange. Others have been quieter yet he failed to point any fingers at them.
Gil has me a little worried with all this. He's goes after Morm like crazy and then suddenly he votes for someone he's barely mentioned. That doesn't look very good. I believe there is some kind of alliance between those two, whether for good or evil.

In any case I'm voting ++ Gil-Galad. No hard feelings Gil, but you're voting was awfully strange.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #64
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The hourglass.......

Is running low..... Six people have not voted...... this is not yet decided.......

Old 07-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #65
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I'm sorry but I just can't believe that Gil is the guilty party in this. It's gut instinct and it is entirely possible that I am wrong but it feels wrong to vote for him.

I think I'm going to have to go for ++Orominuialwen because I have only seen one slightly vague post from her and I am inclined to vote for those who have not joined in much.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #66
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I'm sorry to have confused you all with my last post, I seem to have gotten rather carried away with my characterization. I shall refrain from doing so in the future. Firefoot and Feanor, the reason I took the "why would you accuse me?" approach was probably through sheer inexperience. I've never had to fend off the invasion of wolves as you two have, and so it seems I have stumbled.

Fea, those who know me would laugh to hear you call me "subtle." As Firefoot pointed out, my first post was a painfully obvious "Me? Of course it's not little old me. You have absolutely no reason to vote for me." sort of post. It worries me to see you calling that subtle. I know your first accusation of me was random and that my reply was only so much theatrics, but this new accusation seem suspicious. Only a wolf would call such a weak defense as mine subtle.

I think we shound watch Feanor, but to vote for her today would be rediculous, as Gil-Galad already seems headed for the noose. He seems rather suspicious to me, so I believe I will cast my vote in that direction too. ++ Gil-Galad

Edit: Cross posted with Kath. The reason I haven't posted much is because I've been kept away by family, computer troubles (stupid Windows 98!) and sleep. That's all I can tell you.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:58 PM   #67
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

More in sorrow......

Dusk was falling and though many villagers seemed undecided and some had slunk away, something had to be done to protect the village from the menace that haunted them.

A group of villagers surrounded the village's wealthiest resident. Some were jealous no doubt of his money and saw a chance for revenge, others might have found his strange speech and garb unforgivably odd. Or perhaps they all genuinely believed him to be guilty.

Someone removed the hanging basket from the village Gallows (Midsomer Mawlin had been runner up in "Britain in Bloom"'s tiny and peculiar village category the previous year. Another fetched the noose that had been found around Mithalwen's neck.

"Holy Hangmen - I'm innocent " blustered the caped crusader, but his pleas were in vain - the group was determined enough to overwhelm him yet he struggled manfully agianst them. "Biff!" "Kapow!!!!". But it was not enough. The noose was around his neck. The compact and bijou mob let his body fall. Gil-Galad struggled but at last his body relaxed in death.

The villagers looked in a strange mixture of horror and embarrassment. Gil-Galad might have been eccentric but , holy miscarriages of justices guys, he was no werewolf.

Day one ends with the death of the innocent Gil Galad. Night2 lasts until 8pm tomorrow night unless all necessary information is received before then. Please check the notice board..

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-04-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #68
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mauled on the Forth of July

The villagers had slunk off to bed soon after they had realised their terrible mistake but were roused after a few short hours by strange noises.

"Whhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Booom, wheeeeeeeeeeeee, crack"

The villagers emerged bleary eyed from their houses to see a firework display of particular magnificence erupting over the tiny village.

"Great " someone said ," We could use some cheering up after yesterday "
"Oooooooooh " and "Ahhhhhh" said everyone obediently as the fireworks exploded in showers of Red and...... well red mainly.

"And there is even a barbecue" pointed out someone as the smell of charred flesh filled the air. Then with horror they realised it was not coming from a barbecue but from the sky ... and the smell was more nauseating than appetising. As dawn broke they realised someone was missing (apart from Sophia the Thunder Mistress who had unexpectedly been away from the village at the time of the flood and would not be able to return...) . They went to Oddwen's charming cottage, small and found nothing of the maiden save rather a lot of blood. On the kitchen table were sharp knives, a large empty box labled Fireworks. Rather disturbingly on the floor were four distinct sets of bloody pawprints but unfortunately none were found outside the house.

"Holy hand grenades" said a familiar but unexpected voice "An aerial funeral"

"Gil Galad" said the villagers

"So it would appear"

"But you're .... we..err "

"Indeed "

"But how "

"Well.................."

Option A

Gil Galad walked out of the shower this morning to find that the events of the previous night had been a dream.

Option B

Gil-Galad had used his fantastic wealth to clone himeself

Option C

Gil Galad had slipped through a warp in the space-time continuum facilitated by an omnipotent moderator who felt guilty about the ambiguous voting rules and needed to make up the numbers.

Option D

Gil galad is is a Time Lord

Option E

The execution was bungled and Gil Galad escaped

Option F

It is in fact GIl Galad's long lost identical twin

Option G

"I am no longer Gil Galad the grey but Gil-Galad the White, sent back for a while..and wherever I have been I am back!"

Take your pick.

Villagers dead:

Mithalwen - moderator comprehensively killed by Werewolves Night 1
Gil Galad (Incarnation 1) - lynched by a small mob on Day 1
Oddwen - Chopped and loaded into fireworks by werewolves on Night 2

Villagers living

Holbytlass
mormegil
The guy who be short
Kath
Gil-Galad (2nd Incarnation)
Orominuialwen
Firefoot
Durelin
Kitanna
Nilpaurion Felagund
Feanor of the Peredhil

Wolves 4
Villagers 7

Day begins now. All PMs should cease. Day ends at 7pm tomorrow unless someone gets 6 votes.

If at 7pm tomorrow noone has gained 6 votes, the person with the most votes will be lynched as long as the uncast votes are not enought to change the result. If there is a tie one will be picked at random. If this does not get a result we move on to semi random selection from a wider population.

I will make a ballot and people will get tickets for: a not posting, b, not voting, c, for attracting the votes of players.

Basically you will not be at risk if you have posted and voted,as long as you have not been voted for.

You will have more chances to win a trip to the gallows if you don't post, don't vote and get voted for.

This is as fair as I can make it. I made everyone aware that I expected a reasonable degree of participation at get go.

It is in your interests to post and vote.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #69
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I've always found it helpful to post the Day's voting and glean from it any knowledge we can. This list is in order of who voted for who.

Mormegil voted Kath
Gil-Galad(1) voted Holbytlass
Firefoot voted Orominuralwen
Feanor voted Gil-Galad
Holbytlass voted Gil-Galad
The Guy Who Be Short (TGWBS) voted Gil-Galad
Kitanna voted Gil-Galad
Kath voted Orominuralwen
Orominuralwen voted Gil-Galad

Did not vote
Durelin
Oddwen
Sophia (New Gil)
Niparurion
Old 07-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #70
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Alas

Poor Oddwen. I shall go back and analyse what she has said later to find a possible motive for her murder.

Now, Gil-Galad the Grey. I accept I was largely responsible for the lynching. While I do feel bad he was innocent, I'm not apologising for it. He was confusing, and I think it's advantageous to have him dead early.

It seems he has reincarnated though. Ah well.

Our main concern is that we now have four wolves. It is very much in our interests to debate long and hard before any voting takes place.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #71
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Our main concern is that we now have four wolves. It is very much in our interests to debate long and hard before any voting takes place.
Agreed. I find suspcious those who either did not vote or made votes at critical times for known innocents.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #72
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My word...it ees getting quite - do I dare say it? - erm, explosive around here... Poor Oddwen...those whose suspicions were upon her should change their tune a bit, I think. Her two posts did her in, it seems...perhaps we should bare in mind her last words, as they were the words of innocence.

And now I may respond to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Brash words breed brash responses, of which knowledge can be gained. His only post contains that tomfoolery within it. Note also, only one post - under the radar, anybody? I am most suspicious of him after The Big Three, though perhaps this is only a knee-jerk reaction.
I appreciate that you acknowledged my existence, but excuse me while I say I am in fact female, though my alter-ego does enjoy cross-dressing. And we all know that werewolves don't cross-dress.

Along with cross-dressing comes cross-posting, it seems...

Both the guy who be short and mormegil were very quick in their responses...it's interesting that they jumped on the case so quickly, while it takes most of us a little longer to get out of bed. Perhaps they did not sleep well last night, due to...*coughs* 'celebrating'?

Last edited by Durelin; 07-05-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #73
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

My sincerest apologies, Durelin.

I think the two best things we can do now are:

1) Go back over people's responses to G-G's posts, as he was a knwn innocent.

2) Go back over Oddwen's posts and fnd a possible reason she was killed.

I am a little busy at the moment, but shall return in a few hours, hopefully. If not, consider me to be napping, please.

Now, I need a Shortie Snack.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #74
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Going over earlier posts, I've found mormegil to be increasingly suspicious. He was among those that first began suggesting that Gil-galad may be guilty. And, he ended up voting for Kath, who was one of the few who suggested that he might be a werewolf. Oddwen, who we know to be innocent, is another person who accused him of being a member of the guilty party.

Though, the guy who be short originally placed Oddwen on his 'top three' list, and placed two others randomly on that list. And we have yet to see if either of them are in fact guilty or innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Holbytlass - Nothing definite.

Mormegil - His/Her profession of prior knowledge of mysterious chemicals is a shock to us all, I do think. What this will portend I don't know.

The guy who be short - Hum, hum, hum...he probably would have eaten our dear Mithalwen, so I don't really think so yet.

Gil-Galad - Whoa, dude, settle down. Believe me, being too vocal is a terrible stnank.

Orominuialwen - Hasn't shown up on the radar yet.

Firefoot - It could very well have been Miss Firefoot in the Parlor with the Rope. And the Knife.

Durelin - Few of my suspicions are belong to you.

Kitanna - Hmm...nothing yet.

Nilpaurion "I-Take-Immense-Pleasure-In-Professing-Hairy-Lies" Felagund - My incredibly..."done by me" suspicious feelings have yet to be stimulated.

Feanor of the Peredhil - I'm not so suspicious of her yet., another person on that list that I believe to be innocent.
Here she must have said something about a werewolf that frightened them into giving her a rather explosive end. Who did she suggest was a werewolf here? Only mormegil and Firefoot.

Concerning suspicions about Firefoot, she strangely voted for Oro, who Kath voted for, and who Fea was leaning towards, and who the guy who be short has suggested seems guilty because of her quietness.

I think Kitanna seems strangely quiet, personally. That, of course, does not necessarily mean anything...nor does any of the above. All is just speculation, and I of course will not be voting any time soon. More time is needed to figure things out, and I need to study other people's records. So I will be back with more speculation for everyone to think about later...

Last edited by Durelin; 07-05-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #75
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Here she must have said something about a werewolf that frightened them into giving her a rather explosive end. Who did she suggest was a werewolf here? Only mormegil and Firefoot.
Sadly Oddwen voted for nobody. So while she voiced mild suspicions seemingly her convictions weren't sufficient to vote. Now Durelin you are wise in your discussion here. I see that you have not narrowed you view solely to Firefoot and me. I think we all need to look at everyone's behavior and assess their guilt and innocence.

Oddwen said of me

Quote:
Mormegil - His/Her profession of prior knowledge of mysterious chemicals is a shock to us all, I do think. What this will portend I don't know
I pointed out later that the characterization given to us by our mod are not meant to cast suspicion on participants. The person who I was characterized merely takes potions in school and was included in the story here. At the beginning I jested with TGWBS about his but I did not draw serious suspicion based on that.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #76
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Four wolves now? Ouch...

So, let's see. If I had to pick four suspects out of our list, I guess they would be: Oro, Holbytlass, Kitanna, and... undecided. Since our 4th wolf wasn't a wolf yesterday, we unfortunately will only have evidence to the contrary. This also means that no one is on my "in-the-clear" list anymore.

Oro - this is largely gut instinct, as I stated before: "is taking the wounded innocent approach. "Me? Of course it's not little old me. You have absolutely no reason to vote for me." Etc. That raises my suspicion quicker than just about anything else."

Holbytlass - seemed to be doing a pretty good job of deflecting accusations in other ways when she was accused. This does not necessarily indicate a wolf, but her posts don't sit right with me. I'm teeter-tottering on whether I think she is a wolf or not.

Kitanna - in the start, she didn't post anything of any real substance, though sometimes she jumped on and echoed other's accusations. Towards the end of the day she finally posted some opinions but didn't really say anything new. This may or may not be evidence of a wolf.

All of this is slim evidence. In fact, I doubt I'd be convinced if someone else wrote this. But I'll put it out there for discussion anyway, and hopefully I'll gleen some new information today, about these three and the rest of you.

Quote:
And I will still maintain that it doesn't make sense for a wolf to kill a) someone who directly implied their guilt during the day or b) someone the wolf accused of being guilty that day. Criteria a) leads me to doubt that mormegil is a wolf. Using criteria b), TGWBS and Fea are probably innocent.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #77
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

We must also remember the potential for double-bluffing. The way I see it is this:

Oddwen was very quiet.
Oddwen had mild suspicions but didn't really have any major impact on how things happened.
Oddwen was a very minor presence yesterday.

Now, this makes me thing Oddwen was killed because she was quiet and not casting accusations. So the wolves want all us "loudmouths" to stay alive, as we are casting accusations, but wrongly.

This would imply that most of those presently being accused are infact innocent.

Only a theory, but one I would like to beseriously considered. At the moment, my thought is bent most on Oro and Durelin.

Edit: additional thoughts.

Kitanna is also suspicious - I noticed the lack of substance of her posts before.

It is interesting to note that Oddwen didn't accuse anybody majorly in that main post of hers. Rather, it was a defence of most of us - doubtless including the wolves, who I think want to hide behind it. "An innocent said we seemed innocent too. She had no ulterior motives." That kind of thing.

Edit II: I notice that Oddwen only really accused Firefoot, who I think is likely to be innocent as she has many of the same feelings as me. I think the wolves are most likely trying to frame her.

Edit III:
Quote:
Originally Posted by durelin
Concerning suspicions about Firefoot, she strangely voted for Oro
Strangely? A strange vote for Oro? I see defensive language. This support seems like some sort of alliance. I'm most tempted to believe in a Oro/durelin wolvish alliance, with Kitanna possibly on the side.

Edit IV:

Just so it is clear:

Greatest suspicions:
Orominuialwen
durelin

Some suspicion:
Kitanna
Nilpaurion felagund

Probably innocent:
mormegil
Kath
Firefoot
Feanor of the Peredhil

Don't know:
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass

Last edited by the guy who be short; 07-05-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #78
Gil-Galad

i have returned, but fear not, i am here to help you

*pulls out the matrix* Light our darkest hour!

...okay...but the gift shop was still cool...
Old 07-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #79
Kitanna
Child of the West

Holy flogging schnitt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I would feel that it would be too great of a knee-jerk reaction of me to vote for old Gil. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and presume him an inexperienced innocent who is as distraught as all of us innocents our at Mithawen's death. However I do find it disconcerting how willing Kath was to jump on that bandwagon and then dissapear after I mention the connection.

My current guess is that either Gil-galad is innocent and Kath is a wolf piggy-backing on an innocent or that they are both wolves with a clumsy strategy.
Mmmm, I wish I had looked more closely at that post before. I don't if my vote would have changed, but who knows.

I'm not sure how I can put this, but I will try. Morm says he'll give Gil the benefit of the doubt and that "he is an inexperienced innocent" and then it turns out Gil (the first that is) really was an innocent. Maybe Morm was telling the truth and thought Gil was innocent. Or maybe he knew something the rest of us didn't. This could all be a coinedence or Morm just slipped in his keeping his identity a secret. I can't say for sure, at this point I will say I'm still suspcious of Morm as I was yesterday. I'd really like to see what he has to say about Kath...

I'm also curious about TGWBS and Morm being the first (and with amazing speed) to respond to Oddwen's death. But once again that doesn't actually mean anything. But the cross post was interesting...
Old 07-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #80
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well so Gil dead but reincarnated and now Oddwen slaughtered in the night - not a happy village at the moment.

So, who voted for Gil - Fea, Holbytlass, TGWBS, Kitanna and Oro. I've a couple of choices for most suspicious here. TGWBS was pretty vocal in his pursuit of Gil for reasons that I still find to be inconclusive. Kitanna though I feel wary of as well as she posted very little during the day and then stuck in a vote that she knew was safe, or at least likely to be.

I'm still unsure over Mormegil. Yesterday I was very suspicious of him because of his going after Gil who I thought to be innocent. Then he starts going on about a Kath/Gil alliance (now proven to be an unfounded belief) and votes for me. This sudden shift is confusing me somewhat but I'll have to think on that one.

I am becoming very suspicious of Durelin but for no good reason. Just something about her seems wrong.

Anyway please feel free to proclaim your innocence all of you, I'll see who I believe.