Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #1241
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
You stinker

Quote:
, Thornden will say something like, 'I would speak with you, if you have a moment. There are a couple things I would like to ask you.' And then Eodwine would probably step outside the door? Or say, "Hang on a second," step back inside, tell them he'll be back, and then come out?
Sounds good. Take your liberties; I can always slap your hand afterward.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #1242
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Sounds good. Take your liberties; I can always slap your hand afterward.
Well, I've taken my liberties, please don't slap too hard.

It's your turn now - I hope my post was long enough. When we're through with Javan there are still two matters that Thornden has to talk with Eodwine about, so don't excuse him too quickly.

-- Folwren
Old 10-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #1243
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine's reply to Thornden and Javan is up - and a pair of questions back to Javan. Let's see what happens. So as you can see, I haven't kicked Thornden out before he can put forth his other two matters. Busy guy, this Thornden!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #1244
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Eodwine's reply to Thornden and Javan is up - and a pair of questions back to Javan. Let's see what happens. So as you can see, I haven't kicked Thornden out before he can put forth his other two matters. Busy guy, this Thornden!
No joke. Sheesh.

Okay, thanks. I'll post again tomorrow. Will you want Eodwine to say anything further after Javan replies to his questions, or should the boy be dismissed once he answers? Hmph. It's so late I've forgotten one of the two additional businesses...oohh, yes, right. Okay.

Tomorrow. Goodnight!

-- Folwren
Old 10-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #1245
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Feel free to put appropriate words in Eodwine's mouth. If I have a problem with any of it, I'm sure to let you know.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #1246
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Nice post, Foley. Eodwine will not be quite so combative as the second to the final paragraph has him, especially in his current mood of pity for Ritun and Lefun. I think all you need therefore of the last paragraph is the final sentence. I'll have a post up perhaps tonight with Eodwine's reply.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #1247
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Right ho, captain, sir!

So, the second to last paragraph and the last paragraph are going out, and the last sentence is being kept....

Will look forward to your post.

-- Folwren
Old 11-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #1248
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Clarification Regarding the Twins

Just so it's really clear and we all get the description (and our own perceptions of what's going on) the same: the twins are not two heads on one body; rather, they split at the mid-section and have two torsos, and two pairs of arms, as well as two heads. Please make sure you describe your character's perceptions accordingly. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #1249
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Celuien: I have used your family somewhat. Hopefully that is okay. I have tried to make things go forwards and to kind of open the wound that was never stiched among the children...

Please let me know if I have done something in a wrong way and I'll correct it.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #1250
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Looks fine.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:13 AM   #1251
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Just so it's really clear and we all get the description (and our own perceptions of what's going on) the same: the twins are not two heads on one body; rather, they split at the mid-section and have two torsos, and two pairs of arms, as well as two heads. Please make sure you describe your character's perceptions accordingly. Thanks!
Okay, thanks Elempí, I wasn't aware they had two pairs of arms, I'll edit my post a bit.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:54 AM   #1252
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks, Lommy.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #1253
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lmp: Did the things in your last post happen before or after the things described on mine just before it in the thread?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #1254
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm sorry, it was late and I didn't tie my post into yours. I shall edit.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #1255
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Ooh! Celuien! Too bad I already repped you at Veil! That was a good one!
Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #1256
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Fight! Fight!

(No, I'm kidding..........somewhat)

Yes, good post!

-- Foley
Old 11-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #1257
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Thanks!

I wonder what will happen next.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #1258
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am leaving shortly to be gone for today and all of tomorrow. I will be back Sunday sometime. Have fun!

-- Folwren
Old 11-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #1259
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Some tension indeed, Celuien! Great!

You don't always need knights in shining armour facing the foul villains, or agonising princes with princessess locked up in the tower to come up with some drama...
Old 11-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #1260
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Nogrod, I've been waiting for Cnebba to react to Garmund, which means you're the writer. Should I wait? Or should I have some one of my six characters intervene and perhaps make matters even worse, first?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:24 AM   #1261
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

That passed my mind today. I'll try to come up with something later today.

I have kind of waited if Lommy would like to do it (as Cnebba is our shared character) but as she has no net access at home, it might be best that I do it and we can continue with the story.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:08 AM   #1262
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Good that you did it, Noggie, since I had no ideas, or too much time for that matter.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #1263
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

May I be so bold as to ask when we can continue? And on whom are we waiting? Neither of my characters are busy in this scene and I see little reason to add either of them to it. If the writing continued in a fluent manner, I would say we had enough excitement going on at present...

-- Folwren
Old 11-19-2006, 09:30 PM   #1264
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

You can continue now. You don't need a personal directive from me. You've graduated from the Shire. Please carry on. If you wait for me every time, you will be doing a lot more waiting than writing. Heaven forbid.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #1265
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, I have nothing to post. If I had, I wouldn't have asked permission. I was just asking if you all could continue. Now that you've put up a post, perhaps Nogrod or Celuien will run with it.

I'm sorry. I'm just impatient, that's all. Not necessarily to write, at this point, but I can't stand being left wondering what's going to happen between those kiddeos, and now Falco................*chuckle* So, I'm just looking to jostle people up with enquiries of being able to continue.

-- Folwren
Old 11-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #1266
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

From my pov, it seems that we could move things along to mid- to late- evening now. Is there anything anybody else wants to write before we do that? Because there's a post for me to put up that Feanor, Kath and I wrote about three months ago (I think) that belongs on this Day's evening.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #1267
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I agree. I have nothing going on at all, much less anything that needs drawing to a close. Thornden has finished his business for the day and closed shop, except to eat dinner.

However, the ones who will really have to answer your question are Celuien, Nogrod, and Lommy.

-- Fowlren
Old 11-22-2006, 02:29 AM   #1268
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think we need at least one post from Celuien (Leothern taking a position in the boys' quarrel) and maybe one from me (I guess Modtryth will arrive to the hall very soon) or Noggie.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #1269
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hmmm hmmmm! Yes, Celuien has posted now, and the Eorl is feeling a tad tongue tied, thinking that these parents are overreacting a bit; then again, he has other stuff on his mind and it's been years since he seriously parented... waiting for Lommy or Noggie before I post again....
Old 11-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #1270
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I wrote it, but it's quite long... I guess we can move on now, at least as for me and Noggie (and Cel?).
Old 11-23-2006, 09:51 AM   #1271
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I guess we can move on now, at least as for me and Noggie (and Cel?).
I'm fine.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:29 AM   #1272
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lmp: even if it is as you said that
Quote:
the Eorl is feeling a tad tongue tied, thinking that these parents are overreacting a bit; then again, he has other stuff on his mind and it's been years since he seriously parented...
I'd like to see him react to the things in one way or another. I could then write Stigend out of the situation and we could go forwards.

But if you have no time for it or wish to move forwards immediately, that suits me fine too... just let me and Celuien know.

Celuien: I talked with Lommy on phone just an hour ago. What do you think of the following plan? These parents seem to be ones who wish to solve problems in a straightforward manner. So how if Stigend and Garstan make a deal that (as we jump to) the late afternoon / early evening they all would meet in ones or others room - not in public after all this fuzz - and try to settle the matter once and for all. Now that doesn't mean that we will be able to solve it - it might even get worse if we wish.

Great post Lommy!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #1273
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I like the plan.

Garstan will have a chat with his kids first (possibly 'off stage' since this is a really busy week for me) and then all three will join the discussion.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #1274
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I like the plan.

Garstan will have a chat with his kids first (possibly 'off stage' since this is a really busy week for me) and then all three will join the discussion.
Suits me fine - and I think Lommy will agree too.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #1275
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, I'll post something up.

Just a small niggle: "apologize" is from the Greek. The Old English would be "speak my wrongful deed".
Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 AM   #1276
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Is something going to happen sometime?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:01 AM   #1277
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

RL has got me swamped right now. Anybody want to do anything, go right ahead. Use my characters if you like.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:07 AM   #1278
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Likewise swamped. I'll try to post something this afternoon/evening, but if anyone wants to pop in on the storyline with the children, please go ahead.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:19 AM   #1279
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Folwren's idea about Thornden coming to have a little talk looks promising. We might handle it in the following way? Thornden comes to talk before Garstan and Stigend have gone to their rooms (to have a talk with their children, possibly all together?) and if Lommy wishes to join, she might make Modtryth to come looking for Stigend (leaving Cnebba to their room - Garstan's children are already in their room, aren't they?)?

What do you say?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #1280
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I say 'Aye.' Today is rainy and cold and there's only so much housework that can be done and no more. I'll write a post after the housework is done, having Thornden approach the two gents.

-- Folwren