The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #561
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa: Either Gurthang is the Good Wizard or he thinks he knows what the Good Wizard will do? I thought it was kind of odd too, but...
Old 05-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #562
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
I still don't know about Eomer, though for now I'm inclined to trust him, as I've other more pressing suspects.
I don't trust ANYONE anymore. We have two new wolves overnight, blargh. Sorry for the pessimistic tone, I'm just not having much success looking over yesterDay's posts, and the knowledge that people who were innocent then are guilty now is really bugging me.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #563
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Roa: Either Gurthang is the Good Wizard or he thinks he knows what the Good Wizard will do? I thought it was kind of odd too, but...
Oh... well, Gurthang, is Diamond right?

I went more carefully through yesterday's posts, and I have to say I'm sorry I didn't vote Firefoot over Celuien. I still don't trust her, but I need to look at her a bit more closely to determine what I think.

I'm also going to take a closer look at Valier- she's acting kind of... weird....

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #564
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
We cannot lynch the GW even if we tried so why would the EW desire to protect him/her?
Because... uh... if we try to lynch the GW, we find out for absolute certain who the GW is and then we have a definative innocent that knows several other current innocents around which to rally?

My thought was that if the GW steps forward, we have only his word on it. If we attempt to kill the good wizard, we have evidence. Surely the EW would prefer that we be as uncertain as possible without actually trying to kill anyone. I think. But if the GW does step forward, my point is moot. Right? But what's to stop wolves or the EW from stepping forward also to confuse everyone...

I have a mind-numbing headache right now that's blocking all rational thought and until it goes away, I'm leaving my computer. I'll be back later to hopefully do this stupid evaluation thing and reread this and see if it makes sense.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #565
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
No. This is the Day for Revelation.
Er... care to explain? The EW knows who s/he is, some/all of the wolves probably know; the only ones who don't know are the ordinary villagers. I'm not saying that the GW should reveal themself, but I thought it might at least deserve consideration...

Valier always puzzles me; her ancestors' behavior in the lorebooks are just as unclear as they are now. She comes across as wolvish by acting about ten feet off the ground, so she gets lynched, but is actually innocent. So... I don't know.

Alcarillo, I'm starting to find suspicious if only because so many other people do. However, I'm not ready to say that I think he's a wolf.

I would like to believe that Eomer is innocent, but here, I'm afraid, his record in the lorebooks stands against him. I'm not willing to take anything he says at face value.

If it helps at all, here's the voting:

Eomer – 3 (Zali 1, Lommy 6, Firefoot 15)
Zali – 4 (Nilp 2, Diamond 4, Spawn 5, Gurthang 11)
Alcarillo – 2 (Celuien 3, Morm 9)
Fea – 1 (Sleepy 7)
Roa – 2 (Fea 8, Valier 12)
Valier – 3 (Kath 10, Eomer 16, Jenny 17)
Celuien – 5 (Cailin 13, Kitanna 14, Roa 18, Caran 19, Lalaith 20)

Did not vote: Lhuna, Glirdan, Alcarillo, Oddwen, and Eonwe

If nothing else, it tells us that the village as a whole really has no idea what it's doing...

I'd like to take a look at some of the people who haven't been getting a lot of attention. I have no idea when I'm going to have time (time! where did it all go!); probably later tonight, although I'm going to try and start now. A heads-up: I would not be surprised if I have to vote pretty early on. Tomorrow afternoon (when I usually vote) is looking pretty iffy.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #566
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caran

Having, overNight, reviewed Valier's posts from yesterDay, I found myself suspecting her strongly. Her first post toDay has just confused me. How are you so certain Roa is the EW, Valier? And why do you think she would kill you, if she were?

I know I sounded odd yesterday, but I was up all night(RL) and the connection of Roa being the EW and the wolves we have found sounded almost too good to be true...But I have thoroughly convinced myself that it is in fact Roa who is the EW. Now me voting for her today might be useless because the EW now knows who the GW is and it's only a matter of time before she (Roa) is reveiled to be the EW.And if she is the EW she can not be lynched anyways... So I would like to find a wolf today and let the wizards do their own thing when they are ready...I do think the UnSeer should come forward and tell us who they dreamt of so we can narrow our list of innocents...hoping none of them have been changed to the dark side.

Last edited by Valier; 05-18-2006 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Crossposted with many
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:46 PM   #567
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
My thought was that if the GW steps forward, we have only his word on it. If we attempt to kill the good wizard, we have evidence. Surely the EW would prefer that we be as uncertain as possible without actually trying to kill anyone. I think. But if the GW does step forward, my point is moot. Right? But what's to stop wolves or the EW from stepping forward also to confuse everyone...
I see no reason whatsoever for the EW to step forward as the GW - that would just tell the GW who s/he was. A wolf, maybe. But I think that would definitely be contested by the real GW, and since the GW can't be lynched, well... you've got a dead wolf pretty much automatically.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #568
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Fea, surely if a fake GW steps forward, then the real GW will be able to step forward also, (vouched for presumably by the ungifted Seer) and then we will also know an evil team member.
I don't see why we, the innocents, should be trying to discover the identity of the GW against his/her will. If the GW thinks it wise to come forward, they will. Why bully him/her?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #569
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Um, Fea, if the GW stepped forward, we could just lynch him to test his claim. And, actually, I'm not terribly opposed to that, except that we need to catch a wolf today, not a GW. The EW wouldn't really have any benefit to protecting the GW. Take some advil and possibly a nap.

Edit: I have to stop this whole cross-posting thing.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:54 PM   #570
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Valier, I think your certainty of Roa being the EW is a little bit absurd. Sure, it's a possibility, but unless you're the ungifted seer, you have no way of knowing that for sure. It's all just (sometimes educated) guesswork.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:00 PM   #571
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
No. This is the Day for Revelation. {insert suspenseful music}
The only people that the Good Wizard does not want to know who he is are the people who currently know. He has no reason to not reveal.

*Gurthang looks about at the villagers surrounding him, all of them intent on his words. His tone and every syllable seemed so... foreboding. Yet he just stood there, looking back at them. Suddenly he threw aside the large woolen cloak he was wearing, and behold! Everyone jumped back at the sight of a BLACK cloak underneath! Not black like dyed cloth, but a swirling, rich black that seemed to spread out from him. Sure that he was the Evil Wizard, they all ran for the door, but with a word he stopped them.*

Halt! Do not leave, for I have a message that none of you should miss. Do not fear me, for I am the Good Wizard. Though my color is Black, my heart is not. I am Gurthang the Black (Sword). I have been bidden to aid you in this time of trial and up to this point it has gone well.

But it appears that our luck has run out, my fellow villagers. Evil has, it seems, gained the upper hand. But do not quell, for they are only five among us all. Now, the real battle begins.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:00 PM   #572
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Er... care to explain? The EW knows who s/he is, some/all of the wolves probably know; the only ones who don't know are the ordinary villagers. I'm not saying that the GW should reveal themself, but I thought it might at least deserve consideration...
I thought that's what Gurthang was saying...

EDIT: Hilariously cross-posted with Gurthang...
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #573
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I know, I know I cannot prove Roa is the EW (until she dies of course) and sadly no, I am not the unSeer. I just have a really strong feeling that's all! But I think our focus today should be on catching a wolf.

Edit: Crossposted with our GW Gurthang
Old 05-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #574
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*claps* Excellent reveal, Gurthang. No really, that was good. Now, is there any info for us, or do you want to keep somethings hidden from you-know-who?

Old 05-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #575
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

All in time. Right now I am trying to think of what to say, reading what you're saying, (and I keep getting phone calls! )

I'll tell you all that I can without telling too much. And soon.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #576
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

First, I have to get this out of the way before everything turns completely serious.

When talking about who might be the Wizards, this occured:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín, #57
Quote:
Aye. Who have the most time in their hands? Hmm...
Gurthang. Does he ever sleep at all?
This made me laugh, first because I really was a wizard, and second because I had just gotten up from a night of only 3.5 hours of sleep.

I surely shall miss Cailín.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #577
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
I thought that's what Gurthang was saying...
Which is what I was saying in the first place... hence my confusion. But moving on.

In the mean time, I have split you all roughly into four groups, the first two of which sort of overlap: people with less than 10 posts, people who I'd like to have a look at since looking at their name doesn't say anything to me, whether innocence or guilt, people that I'd just like to have another look at, and people who I'm going to ignore for now (whether because they've already received so much attention or I think them innocent etc.). Some of the people in the first group who might also fit into a different group have that number by their name...:

I
Alcarillo - III
Zali - II
Eonwe
Kitanna - II
Nilp - II
Oddwen - II
Sleepy

II
Caran
Glirdan
Kath
Jenny

III
Lalaith
Lommy
Roa
Spawn

IV
Diamond
Eomer
Gurthang
Fea
Morm
Valier

The II's are the ones I'm really worried about - the kind who just slip under the radar and no one really notices them, whether to think them innocent or guilty. The III's are the other group I'm wary of because of general suspicions against them, but I'm not ready to say any of them are wolves/EW.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #578
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

White Tree Revelations... (no, not from the Bible)

I want to point out a place where the phantom was wrong. *Gasp* He said the Good Wizard has nothing to fear. I definitely feared a great many things. Most of them along the lines of trying as hard as I could to protect the village, and then, in the very end, failing to do my job. I feared failure.

Okay, now to the important stuff. First, Loki was telling the truth. He was my scry the first night as well as one of the Evil Wizard's scries.

Second, the reason I picked a Hunter before a Ranger was because the Ranger is almost useless right now. I can't tell him who the Seer is without it being potentially deadly to the Seer later on. And a Hunter, if they die and kill, will help narrow down the Evil Wizard possibilities.

The one the Seer dreamed of two Nights ago was Cailín.

The Seer has the choice about revealing themself or not. However, I would caution against it, as it will likely result in their death, and I want them back.

As of now, I know only four innocents. And that's including myself. However, I am not going to name any of them, because one is my Hunter, one was and will be my Seer, and the other would most likely die toNight if I told of them.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:33 PM   #579
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Wow...never been accused of flying under the radar before...I'm actually kind of flattered. But I am also innocent, just been extremely busy doing housecleaning (read: new job/training at said job/weird form of insomnia accompanied by nightmares/husband's softball league/life/parents 1000 miles away moving out of house I grew up in/mentally preparing to go get stuck with lots of needles tomorrow...can I just go quietly insane and get it over with? Sounds less stressful)

I am going to have to vote within three to four hours...and for some reason have an urge to look at Kitanna (no particular reason, just...worried). I'll do that analysis, if there are no objections, Firefoot...

P.S. Gurthang, you're the greatest! Lovely dramatic reveal!

EDIT: X'd with Gurthang

Last edited by JennyHallu; 05-18-2006 at 05:37 PM.
JennyHallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:38 PM   #580
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Now, what to do...

Okay, so where does this leave us?

The Evil Wizard has scried 8 times. I know four of those. The rest of you know three.

Evil Wizard did scry:

Loki
Naria
Nogrod

Evil Wizard did not scry:

The Saucepan Man
the phantom
Celuien
Lhunardawen
Cailín

Now, many of you are better at knowing who would pick who for wolves. Let's hear some ideas.

Most likely what will happen toDay, is that I will choose four candidates for lynching. You should only vote for one of those four. This will ensure that none of the known innocents are lynched.

Sadly, I do not think I can take nominees, or else the EW might be able to determine the innocents by who I do not pick.

Now, is everyone alright with this plan? If not, go ahead and speak your mind. I will not post the list until later.

Firefoot, you said you may have to vote early. When will that be?

Last edited by Gurthang; 05-18-2006 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Formatting
Gurthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #581
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I KNEW Loki was telling the truth. Couldn't believe how many doubted it...that was just far too stupid a thing to claim if you couldn't back it up.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #582
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

I just realized that the ex-Seer really has no reason not to come out. The Evildoers already know who s/he is, so s/he's got no one worth hiding from. But I'll let him/her do it anyway.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #583
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Far be it from me to argue with your plan, oh Good One, but that narrows the field considerably to protect two known innocents in a pool of.. what is it now, 22? We may see something you do not, and so find a wolf. While I'd like to trust your judgement, I'd hate to see the village limited in such a fashion.
Quote:
Okay, now to the important stuff. First, Loki was telling the truth. He was my scry the first night as well as one of the Evil Wizard's scries.
In the words of Loki, I told you so.

Old 05-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #584
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well, this is good timing. I was just about to respond to a quote of Gurthang's from yesterday that made me all annoyed. I still might, since you never scried me and I hold a grudge for that sort of thing. (The longer I remain an Ordo, the grumpier I get.)

Strange, I was under the impression that Gurthang was one of those people who supposedly didn't have time to be a Wizard. Didn't we have to delay the game so he could play? So all this time, I'm ruling Gurthang out of my "possible wizard" mullings, thinking, "Oh, Gurthang wouldn't have signed up for Wizardry, not enough time." And this even after I spoke against taking that into too much consideration. *bangs head against desk*

Oh yeah, and if you use your GW status to lynch me, like you were speaking about doing yesterDay, ha and HA on you.

Okay, I''m through Day 2, and the few things that have jumped out at me from amongst the swarm... are...

Spawn seems to be rather responsible for getting Celuien lynched, even though she didn't actually vote for her. She made a post here which Eomer described as devastating and that Roa later cited as reason to lynch Celuien. It doesn't sit well with me, speaking out against a person to the extent that others lynch her, yet opting for a different votee yourself. (Spawn voted Azaelia, by the way.) Of course, as I found Zali suspicious myself, I can't exactly fault the vote. Maybe what's bothering me more isn't necessarily Spawn's post/vote, but Eomer and Roa's responses to it.

Roa's comment here bugs me:

Quote:
I had completely missed the points about Celuien! I may have to reconsider voting for Firefoot.
How does one miss what was being said about Celuien?

Other things bothering my right now -- Lalaith. She seems... fishy. Can't put my finger on it, but... there's something. Firefoot worries me as well, for her eagerness to agree with Morm about Eomer. Zali still worries me. The overall population trusts Morm too much. Sleepy and Eonwe each posted only once, and such a low profile is worrisome.

Person bothering me most right now, though, is Kitanna. Not just for yesterday, but for Day 1 as well. I can't remember who she voted for on Day 2, I'll have to go find that. But yesterDay her vote for Celuien bothered me, and it still bothers me. Initially she said she was inclined to think Celuien and I innocent, then made this comment:

Quote:
Quote:
Diamond=
Celuien -- One of my theories makes her look very bad, but it's the same one that makes me look downright terrible, so I don't think I should be condeming her for it. In other words, if I'm innocent probably she is too.
...So you're not going with the theory that you seemed so confident of before because if you're innocent, your runner up must be innocent too? Suddenly I regret my defense of you and Celuien.
Frankly, I still don't get why a comment by me should make her regret defending both me AND Celuien. Celuien is in no way responsible for my comments.

Then this:

Quote:
Well I've given some thought to all that has happened and I came down to Eomer and Celuien as my top two suspects. Eomer for his cunning ability to double bluff and for Celuien's continued defense of phantom accusations of herself. In the end I simply flipped a coin to decide who to vote for.

++ Celuien

Though I defended her and Diamond to begin with when they brought themselves to everyone's attention, when Celuien continued it and regarded anyone looking at her as a "pointless arguement" I began to suspect her even more.
First of all, what phantom accusations? What about Spawn's "devastating" post? The idea that Celuien wasn't being accused by anyone yesterday... huh? And besides, as all the posts she made yesterDay convinced me I shouldn't be voting for her, I'm puzzled that they had the oppoosite effect on Kitanna. (And others, ahem.)

I'd like to here more from Caran about her vote. YesterDay she apologized for not having enough time to give a detailed reason, and toDay she just brushes it off as "you win some, you lose some." Well, I thought yesterDay's loss of Celuien was entirely unecessary and it still ticks me off, so I find it odd that some toDay are going, "Oh well, who knew!"
Old 05-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #585
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Oh yeah, and if you use your GW status to lynch me, like you were speaking about doing yesterDay, ha and HA on you.
If you are lynched toDay, I would be happy, but it will not be because I told everyone to vote for you. It's far beyond me to assume I'm so completely right about someone to make everyone else vote how I want. If I've learned anything from playing *ahem* reading my WW lorebook, it's that.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:04 PM   #586
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Roa's comment here bugs me:

Quote:
I had completely missed the points about Celuien! I may have to reconsider voting for Firefoot.

How does one miss what was being said about Celuien?
I can answer this quite simply: when one is on a personal trip involving one's fiance meeting one's family, and one must drive back and forth through several states, and arrive home just in time for work, which starts at 3 PM est and ends at 6 PM est , thereby giving one only a short time in which to read through all the posts of the day (which is, one must admit, a fair number) one tends to miss a few things.

I'm still concerned about Firefoot. I didn't find her answers yesterday to be wholly settling. I'll be back as soon as I can with a more thorough analysis.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #587
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
If you are lynched toDay, I would be happy, but it will not be because I told everyone to vote for you.
Even if I'm innocent? Thanks a lot.

But as I had the same opinion about Loki, guess I can't complain too loudly. But anyway, as to the quote I was talking about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Wizard
Now, Diamond is something else. I think I may vote for her. One of the main reasons is that she seems to shift her view to fit what people say to her. Specifically I would point to #25 where she defends Nogrod against Loki, then when Celuien asks her something she turns to Nogrod with suspicion and says she saw what she expected from Loki. In the end she ended up voting for Loki. Also, she talks a lot, which is obvious and not necessarily bad, but a lot of it is role-playing and not as much constructive to the task at hand. I'm not too keen on that.
One, I did not defend Nogrod in the game sense. I defended him against what I thought was a too personal and non-game relevant attitude in Loki's responses. You may recall that I called Nogrod's initial post "not strictly logical but containing no malice outside the game dynamics." That was my big Nogrod defense. And I didn't shift my view to fit what Celuien said -- she reminded me of something I had wanted to say but go sidetracked from saying because of Loki's behavior. I voted for Nogrod the next day because he was striking me as odd the entire game thus far.

Also, your last comment is just insulting, so whatever. I seem to have fallen into defending myself personally instead of defending the wolfishness/non woflishness of my actions, so again, whatever.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:19 PM   #588
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
I just realized that the ex-Seer really has no reason not to come out. The Evildoers already know who s/he is, so s/he's got no one worth hiding from. But I'll let him/her do it anyway.
Ummm would it even matter if they did come out? Because chances are that whoever they dreamt of may now be bad, so I think if they want to they can come out,but not unless most of the people they dreamt of are still alive, they we may have a chance to cross off some Ordo's at least for today
Old 05-18-2006, 06:29 PM   #589
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

First off, Diamond, you're overreacting. I apologize for insulting you, I did not mean to. No, I would not be happy if we lynched you and you were an innocent. I would be quite angry at myself. And if it makes any difference, I was not planning on putting you on the list; well, if I even end up making a list. I've only heard negative reactions to the idea so far, so I'd like to hear more.

And Valier, the only dream of the Seer that is still alive was the one last Night. And, according to the Nightly order, the Seer dreams after the Evil Wizard makes new wolves. So there have been no new wolves made since that Seer dream. Ironically, since the Nightly order is such, I wonder how the Seer even got to dream...
Old 05-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #590
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Ummm would it even matter if they did come out? Because chances are that whoever they dreamt of may now be bad, so I think if they want to they can come out,but not unless most of the people they dreamt of are still alive, they we may have a chance to cross off some Ordo's at least for today
The person they dreamt of last night would not have changed, as the cursing/scrying happens before the dream. So, the ex-seer knows one innocent, and the ex-seer themself is a known innocent. Then Gurthang is also a known innocent, so that would give us three people to cross of our list today. That would narrow our possible lynchees down to 19 from 22. I believe Gurthang mentioned that one of the seer's dreams was Cailin, who is died last night. So, there really is no possiblity that the ex-seer's dream is now wrong.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #591
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Oh, and just so everyone knows, the lynch list was the phantom's idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom, post #183
Only a fool of a Good Wizard would allow his posts to point to his gifteds. As I said earlier, the strategy of the revealed GW would not be to defend the known innocent, but to lynch the known wolves (or, at the worst, lynch innocents that he doesn't know are innocents).

The GW would put forward his lynch candidates, and any member of the village who tried really hard to put forth someone of their own choosing would get a response from the GW such as "That person isn't on my list. Shut up."

Attacking people not on the GW's approved lynch list is the same thing as an attempt to get the GW to defend someone, thus revealing to the EW and the Wolves a gifted villager.

Now, that isn't to say everyone can't give their suspicions. Naturally, the GW and Seer will read what everyone has to say and take all opinions into consideration for the nightly scry/dream, but being allowed to state opinions and refusing the leadership of the GW are two completely different things.

The GW and his gifteds are our salvation. Once he is revealed, it will be in our best interest not to argue with him or his lists, because he knows more than a common villager. Should we give our opinions? Certainly! He will use them in helping him decide which individuals to scry and move onto the lynch list, but we shouldn't demand that he change his list or anything. Disobeying him might lead to the accidental discovery of gifteds.
Anybody have questions?

I really think this is a good plan. I'll be back within an hour, probably to post my list.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #592
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
First of all, what phantom accusations?
Phantom accusations as in non existant accusations. I was not referring to the phantom.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #593
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
I'd like to here more from Caran about her vote. YesterDay she apologized for not having enough time to give a detailed reason, and toDay she just brushes it off as "you win some, you lose some."
To answer this, what I said yesterDay when I was voting was an apology for having an apparently sudden shift in thought. I hadn't had time to post what I was thinking as I began to suspect Celuien, and I know that sudden changes can be indicative of a jumpy werewolf. In the post where I actually voted, however, I gave all the explanation I felt was needed, and all I can do toDay is repost it. I stand by my explanation, as it's truly the reason I had for voting as I did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
All right, this looks like I'm jumping on a bandwagon, but my internet connection was down and I haven't really had time to explain my thinking...

++Celuien

I don't really feel good about voting for any of the choices. I was leaning towards Zali, but I just don't want to vote for her when she's not here, for obvious reasons. And I had missed the points on Celuien, too. Sorry if you're innocent, Celuien!
As for Gurthang's plan, I personally am all for it. He's the only one I trust right now
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:10 PM   #594
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Firefoot, you said you may have to vote early. When will that be?
It would be about 10 1/2 hours from now. I'm hoping not, but that's sort of how it's looking.
Quote:
I'm still concerned about Firefoot. I didn't find her answers yesterday to be wholly settling.
I wasn't trying to be settling. But okay.

Gurthang, isn't it a little counteractive to tell us that you're going to choose the same seer? The EW knows who that is. S/he has the power to just keep ungifting or set the wolves on him/her. I would probably choose someone different.

Jenny, please do go ahead with an analysis of Kitanna. I certainly don't have time to do something in-depth on all of them...
Old 05-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #595
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Phantom accusations as in non existant accusations. I was not referring to the phantom.
I know.

So, you didn't answer my question. By the point in the Day that you actually voted, and made this comment, Celuien had garnered suspicion and votes.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #596
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

While I think the phantom had some good ideas (that whole hunter thing obviously worked out really well for us) I still have to disagree. Maybe it's my independant nature, but I'd really hate for the village to fall under that kind of limitation. You yourself don't know of anyone's guilt (or so you said), so all you could give us is a list of unknowns. Certainly if you find someone guilty, we should all vote for that person, but by narrowing things down so greatly, isn't it quite likely that a wolf, or even the EW, could slip past you? As I said, we may find things that you do not. Until you give us something concrete, I don't see the good of having you choose for us. Then it's just you vs them, instead of us vs. them. Besides that, the only gifted your protecting at the moment is the hunter, and isn't the hunter only useful when dead?

Old 05-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #597
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Oh, and just so everyone knows, the lynch list was the phantom's idea.

Anybody have questions?

I really think this is a good plan. I'll be back within an hour, probably to post my list.
Well, I suppose it's a good plan for not revealing your Gifteds. The thing that worries me is that if you pick four people I don't have any strong suspicion of and don't think should be voted for, I'm still forced to vote for them or be considered as disobedient and evil. And the idea of having to vote for someone I more or less find innocent, lest I be castigated and lynched, rankles me.

So I suppose it depends on your list. I understand why you can't take nominees, so I guess there's really nothing I can say about who I would consider worthy lynch candidates, besides what thoughts I've already given. I feel like I've come under suspicion just because you dislike my style and don't find my posts to be particularly worthy contributions, and as I have not intended them as space wasting filler, it bothers me. But I suppose I'll just hush up now, as it doesn't matter.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #598
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I know.

So, you didn't answer my question. By the point in the Day that you actually voted, and made this comment, Celuien had garnered suspicion and votes.
Ok, just wanted to make sure. But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about Celuien's first post when no one had really said anything against her. I know when I voted she had gained some suspicions, but I was looking at her earlier posts from the day for the most part.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #599
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Hi, guys!

Firefoot, you are innocent.

Valier (from yesterDAY) and now Roa and Di has me uneasy.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #600
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Ummmm... Nilp, are you saying you're the Seer?