The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2001, 08:02 PM   #1
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Sir Ian McKellen himself answered my question on his Site.

<BR>Im so happy. You probably all know about Ian Mckellens website where he answers fans questions. Well, I found it about a month ago and read through everthing there (He answers his questions very wisely and adds humor too) for the fun of it. And then, just to see if he actually would pick out an ordinary Joe like myself, I sent him a question.<br> <br> And he answered! I love him, and he is the best! Check out my dumb question. I am Matt Swarts.<br> <br> <a href="http://www.mckellen.com/epost/l010605.htm">www.mckellen.com/epost/l010605.htm</a><br> <br> This will calm me down for a while. But still, who can wait over 160 days for the best Movie they will ever see? <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 05:57 AM   #2
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> You cannot be the same GandaIf the White movie-whiner I've been battling with. Who are you?<br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p>
Old 06-10-2001, 04:25 PM   #3
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR><br><br> I hope the battle continues. Getting you to admit that you will miss Tom is my goal. <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
Old 06-10-2001, 05:00 PM   #4
red
Spirit of Mischief

Ring

<BR><br><br> You'll have to learn to live with disappointment, pal. I never liked the guy.<br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p>
Old 06-11-2001, 12:13 AM   #5
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR><br><br> I dont really care Red. Ive made my peace with Tom being taken out of the movie.<br> <br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> &quot;Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend, are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a good deal of telling anyways.<hr></blockquote><br> <br> I think it is the same with arguing and agreeing. Sometimes I argue for the sake of conversation. Tolkien has such great dialogue in his books it's amazing. <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
Old 06-11-2001, 02:58 PM   #6
red
Spirit of Mischief

Ring

<BR>Huh?</b><br><br> GandaIf: &quot;Getting you to admit that you will miss Tom is my goal.&quot;<br> <br> réd: &quot;You'll have to learn to live with disappointment, pal. I never liked the guy.&quot;<br> <br> GandaIf: &quot;I dont really care Red.&quot;<br> <br> **Anybody else see the contradiction, or is it just me?? Make up your mind, pal.**<br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p>
Old 06-11-2001, 11:08 PM   #7
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR><br><br> I just dont care because I know you will miss him.. <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
Old 06-15-2001, 07:08 AM   #8
the Lorien wanderer
Shade of Carn Dûm

the Lorien wanderer has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Re:</b><br><br> If looks could kill over the internet, I'm sure Gandalf the White would have withered by now... <p></p>
the Lorien wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 05:42 PM   #9
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR><br><br> Sorry Red. I will try not to be so pushy from now on. Here is a Sig that I made.. I am bored.<br> <br> <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000064>GandaIf The White</A> at: 6/27/01 1:36:02 am<br></i>
Old 06-17-2001, 04:32 AM   #10
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I think that I would be uncomfortable dating a woman whose shoulders were broader than mine! <p><center> <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">Barrow-Downs</a>~<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000">Bare Bones</a>~<a href="http://pub41.ezboard.com/btarostineruhir">Tar Ost-in-Eruhir</a>~<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000/gilthalion.html">Grand Adventures</a>~<a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/fanfichobbits.asp">The Hobbits</a>~<a href="http://www.tolkientrail.com">Tolkien Trail</a> </center></p>
Old 06-29-2001, 09:31 AM   #11
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

LionPixie has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Ian</b><br><br> Red, where, geographically are you, &quot;Pal&quot;? I hear &quot;Dude&quot; here at the University of Washington, and &quot;Chum&quot;, but only hear &quot;Pal&quot; when someone is trying to be provocative.<br> <br> <br> In that lonely place Frodo for the first time fully <br> realized his homelessness and danger...Suddenly <br> he was aware that two black specks were moving <br> slowly along <p></p>
LionPixie is offline   Reply With Quote