The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Triumph!!!

Recently, I FINALLY got one of my friends to watch all the LOTRs with me. She hadn't seen them before OR read the books. Except for the Hobbit, which is a good start. Anyway, here's what happened during ROTK.
"FRODO YOU JERK I HOPE YOU DIE!!!"

"Wait wait, is this Rondor?" (me) "No... close... Gondor *runs off to get aspirin*"
"aren't they.. elephants?." "No, here they're called Oliphaunts." "THats the stupidest thing i ever..."

"OMG so, Gollum's gone for good right? Hes not gonna sneak around and pop up unexpectedly, right? (this was after the fight on the slopes of Mount Doom) PLEASE tell me! and you have to pinky promise!"

(when gollum suddenly apparates over Sam's shoulder in Mt. Doom) well, we both screamed our heads off, me having forgotten about it and she not having known, obviously. She got REALLY mad at me for breaking our pinky promise, even though I hadn't really said anything, I just silently stuck my pinky out without agreeing to any terms. So really, I hadn't broken anything....

And then the electricity went off in the storm. Right as Gollum had the ring. When it came back somewhere around midnight, we continued watching. anyway, she laughed at all the tearjerkers, got half of the names right, and so on. But now, she's a HUUGE Aragorn fan, and understands the whole plot. So there is hope for her!

I just wanted to hear about your attempts (sucessful or not) to convert people!

Last edited by Lady Snickerdoodle; 06-26-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Lady Snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote