The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #121
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It's time for me to cast in my bow tie along with Morsul's.

Morsul, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt toDay. You'll not see the generosity I showed you yesterday again, however, if you don't stop with this confounded "I know who the seer is but I'm not telling so just listen to me" stuff. Speak plainly of such matters or not at all. At this stage, the latter is preferable, as exposing gifteds will only get us into trouble. I'd hate to see the spammers win because an innocent accidentally fed them information. That also goes for others lurking around the thread. Let gifteds reveal themselves if they so choose. If you think you see a credible hint, feel free to act upon it, but don't jeopardize the life of a gifted if it's not necessary.

That said, Legate's simply pinged my radar too hard toDay, and I must vote accordingly.

++Legate

Which brings us to....

Morsul-->Shasta
Kit-->Sally
Lottie-->Morsul
Sally-->Legate

And with that, I bid you all good night, and also good Night. Sleep well and vote even better.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #122
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
For the second time, BG, don't talk aloud of your gifted suspicions. Even if they prove incorrect, they still nudge the wolves towards finding one or more of them. Go one exploring potential hints, but keep your thoughts silent.
The last one is more likely. And for goodness sakes, STOP WITH THE GIFTEDS!
Umm, I didn't even think about it. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
This is response to Morsul's response that was in response to your post that G55 is "something"

Why would you throw out your seer prediction? Where is the benefit unless you are a hacker signaling bots or your a bot signaling cohorts on your thoughts just in case you don't make it to the night. I'm inclined to believe hacker because only a bot headed for the gallows (recycle bin? Hard drive wipe?) would make so blantant a seer comment on some who is still ALIVE!
I didn't think it was a bad thing I'm sorry. I'm gonna go sit in the naughty corner now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Then of course BG showed up and the reason I voted for her was a moot point, as she was there and contributing (sort of) to the thread. Therefore, regret.
You know what I find absolutely hilarious? I didn't know this game was happening until way past midnight. And now everyone hates me. I feel like such a troll. /sarcasm/
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:12 AM   #123
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Lottie and Sally are both bothering me, but I can't put my finger on why. They both seem to be jumping rather hard on BG - not to say that I don't agree with them, because I do, but... I don't know. It's just strange. Perhaps I'll be able to tell why tomorrow. I do think, combined with yesterday, that it's enough to vote Sally, however.

++Sally
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:22 AM   #124
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
What I'm trying to say is she is something. She could be a seer or a hacker or a gifted. Or she could just be screwing with us. But as long as she doesn't do something crazy I don't think I'll be voting for her tonight.
Quote:
Why would you throw out your seer prediction? Where is the benefit unless you are a hacker signaling bots or your a bot signaling cohorts on your thoughts just in case you don't make it to the night. I'm inclined to believe hacker because only a bot headed for the gallows (recycle bin? Hard drive wipe?) would make so blantant a seer comment on some who is still ALIVE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
For the second time, BG, don't talk aloud of your gifted suspicions. Even if they prove incorrect, they still nudge the wolves towards finding one or more of them. Go one exploring potential hints, but keep your thoughts silent.
Exactly my thoughts! That was really, really, really unwise, BG, if you are innocent, and if you're evil, then well... Looks like more hacker-y thing than suicidal Wolf-y thing to say, true, but still. I was seriously considering voting BG, were it not for her last post where it sounds like genuine remorse. Still then, I am not sure whom I'd like to vote now.

Quote:
So where was I going with this? Ah. The cobbler. In general, I agree 100% that a cobbler must go too. But the cobbler also counts as an innocent in the tally. We don't have much room for wiggling, so if I see someone with wolvish behaviour I'd go for that one instead of a cobbler.
But that goes without saying, doesn't it?

I realise I am pretty much in the dark about people like Sally, Shasta, Lottie and Boro. BG now had this awful incident... Morsul is strange (indeed again saying "I know something you don't but I can't tell you", is not much help). As for others... G55 I am still wary about, Kitanna makes lot of sense though of course we still need to catch us a Bot to see whether her posts are not intentionally leading us away from her packmate(s) or somesuch...

So who gets my vote... and since DL is approaching and I bet I also x-posted with someone, I bet I'll be simply left to vote for the most suspicious of those who get votes; which I am not so happy with given how it ended up last time... But let's see...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:25 AM   #125
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Morsul, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt toDay. You'll not see the generosity I showed you yesterday again, however, if you don't stop with this confounded "I know who the seer is but I'm not telling so just listen to me" stuff. Speak plainly of such matters or not at all. At this stage, the latter is preferable, as exposing gifteds will only get us into trouble.
This here, is troubling, I'm being vague so I Don't lead spammers anywhere I specifically mention no posts or people for a reason. If I speak more "Plainly" I would for sure give the person away. Like I said what I saw literally could mean zip.

Lottie and Sally both seem to think I'm throwing out hints "left and right" even though I purposefully left no trail. They however give BGa free pass?

x'ed Legate
Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #126
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
The knee-jerk part of me says "vote for BG, obviously up to no good!" The logical part says"Bot BG has nothing to gain, hacker at best."
Which brings me to Boro and G55 and the advantage/disadvantage of lynching a hacker. G55 is right that the hacker counts as an ordo and we lose an "innocent" by lynching him/her. But at the same time the longer one is alive the more dangerous he/she becomes. A seer sees only an ordo and at end game the hacker can tip the scales to a bot victory. Ideally the bots just kill the hacker in the night.
I agree wholeheartedly, but then I remind myself that in one of her opening posts BG said that she doesn't remember the rules very well. But on the other hand, I did give her a reminder the first tiime she did it. I don't know. Too many possibilities.

Quote:
Morsul, on the other hand, does have some explaining to do, for this post, in which he implies he's picked up on a seer hint that incriminates Shasta but doesn't want to point it out. You realize of course that the bots can now find the seer more easily, even without your hint about the hint you found?

It bothers me that Morsul didn't try to build a case (even a flimsy one) against Shasta beforehand, but instead put it right out there that he found a seer hint implicating the lad. It almost would bother me more if he turns out innocent than it would if it turns out he's guilty, because I can't think of why any innocent would think to betray a gifted like that.
I don't know, I don't know. I think he's genuine about that, and tried to not give anything away. He succeeded with me; I couldn't find what he's talking about. But then we just tend to read things differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Also, Kitanna suspects BG and then votes me for my "suspicious" vote of BG. Iiiiiiiiiinteresting indeed. I don't like the deflection there, especially since BG has in fact been acting off.
See, cupcake, your vote for BG came before she started acting off, even before she was acting at all. Leap of logic much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
On that note, I'll certainly offer a brief explanation. I was operating under a similar thought process that Lottie and, to some extent, Shasta were. When you don't see a suspicious character among you, you suspect the one you don't see. Well, not suspect, really, given that she wasn't there to be suspected, as Shasta said, but this sums up my vote nicely.
In other words copped out and buddied up.

I don't like how sally is behaving in respect to BG and to Morsul. Others take that viewpoint too, but they do it more genuinely and more from themselves. Sally seems to be buddying up with existing suspicions and feelings, not really sticking her head out, looking for easy targets. She might very well be my vote today, even though she seems to have a vote pile of her own.

I could also be convinced of voting Boro or Legate, but not to the same extent. And I want to hear them talk more. Hopefully Boro will make it this morning.

EDIT: xed with Morsul
Old 01-07-2014, 05:40 AM   #127
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Question: why Morsul and not me? Because he had votes and I did not, so you wouldn't want to bring in a new candidate?
Yes.

Here and caught up.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:40 AM   #128
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Huh-huh. Time is running out, and I have to leave even before DL... I am thinking that I could also cast my vote for somebody of the "dark entities" I am very uncertain about, it would also remove an unknown from my list. By elimination method, in fact, for instance Sally would not be that a bad idea - also because, now on re-checking her posts, her vote yesterDay could really be opportunistic AND her vote toDay at least does not point to her in a positive manner, and also, it could be seen as either wannabe-throwaway or attempt to divert attention from something else... but then again, it is not on very solid grounds, but nothing for me seems to be. Something similar with Boro, as a dark enigma and somewhat uncertain about his playstyle, but then again, he looks okay otherwise.

So, what else. Then either I'd cast something for BG, despite her innocent-looking remorse, or maybe G55, on grounds I mentioned earlier in the Day, but that's all very weak. Thinking in circles; now I'll post this and see who else is around, if anyone... then I have to vote in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: x-ed with G55 and Boro
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-07-2014, 05:43 AM   #129
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Morsul-->Shasta
Kit-->Sally
Lottie-->Morsul
Sally-->Legate
Shasta-->sally (2)
Old 01-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #130
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
...AND her vote toDay at least does not point to her in a positive manner, and also, it could be seen as either wannabe-throwaway or attempt to divert attention from something else...
Actually, I thought her vote looked a bit better. I don't get where her suspicion is coming from, though, which is withing the pattern. But it's better than her D1 vote. Arrrgh! votes! I think that her toDay's vote could be looked on as either an improvement or a continuation of her yesterDay's streak. At any rate, I find her behaviour more suspicious than her vote.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #131
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

People, are you alive? I can't believe I'm tripple posting in the last 20 minutes before DL.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 AM   #132
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay. A collection of random thoughts before I vote and go...

Definitely have to keep an eye on G55 toMorrow. Probably not voting her toDay. But she just creeps me out.

In case I am not alive toMorrow, bear in mind voting patterns - check them out and such, by toMorrow, they could tell something.

I think Boro is quite okay. Confused about Morsul, but still no reason to vote him.

And I think I may end up voting Sally after all. Last check of thread, then vote...

EDIT: x-ed with two Galadriels
Old 01-07-2014, 05:55 AM   #133
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh my, now I feel like voting BG instead. But really, that one thing does not change anything. Gah. Okay. Have to do something.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #134
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay.

++Sally

Good Night, folks. Hope this is correct.

And if not, seriously need to look at G55.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:57 AM   #135
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quadruple? Seriously?

++sally

Because she's topping my list, and because not much more on Boro, and Legate just doesn't quite make it to vote-worthy suspicious.

Good Night!

EDIT: xed with 2 Legates. No quadruple.
EDIT2: 3 Legates. My bad
Old 01-07-2014, 05:58 AM   #136
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Staring at the screen longer isn't going to help me...I'm not a fun person in the morning.

Morsul looks really bad voting Shasta and saying he can't tell us why because it's to protect seer hints. But I agree that also just what he's saying looks genuine, in the "I'm getting frustrated trust me" genuine sense.

Lottie and sally object but I'm really confused by sally's votes Day 1 and today.

++sally

edit: crossed with some Legates and a G55
Old 01-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #137
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
In case I am not alive toMorrow, bear in mind voting patterns - check them out and such, by toMorrow, they could tell something.
Doesn't that go without saying?

Quote:
So, what else. Then either I'd cast something for BG, despite her innocent-looking remorse, or maybe G55, on grounds I mentioned earlier in the Day, but that's all very weak. Thinking in circles; now I'll post this and see who else is around, if anyone... then I have to vote in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: x-ed with G55 and Boro
Quote:
And if not, seriously need to look at G55.
What made you change your mind from "weak" to "seriously"?

EDIT: xed with Boro
Old 01-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #138
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Deadline. Stop posting.

You have lynched sally. She was your Radical Advanced Nocturnal Guardian Experimental Robot, otherwise known as R.A.N.G.E.R.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #139
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen

The next Day, the Downers were hard at work data-mining. For some reason, the virtual environment was represented much like an actual mine, sketched in glowing abstract– but well they knew that each lump of “ore” was really valuable information that would fuel the expansion of the AI empire. There was nothing they could do about it, and small wonder their collective mood was bleak by the end of the shift.

“If only we could catch a bot,” they said.

“Well, you guys,” Blind Guardian piped up, “I’m pretty sure that S.E.E.R. is–”

“SHUT UP!” they cried as one.

“But I didn’t think it was a bad thing!” a tearful Blind Guardian protested.

There was some talking of lynching her after that.

“Obviously up to no good,” Kitanna muttered darkly.

“She’s acting far too wacky to be an ordo,” Sally agreed.

“Wait– why are you picking on BG?” said Kitanna.

“Yes– you’re jumping hard on BG,” said Shasta. “It’s bothering me."

“Spambot!” the whisper went around.

The group advanced on Sally, who backed away until she found herself on the lip of a seemingly bottomless pit– a gap in the data.

Teetering on the edge, Sally glared at her persecutors– and, unexpectedly, burst into song.

"No surprise to me
That you’re voting me again
But I’m not being sly
I just want to help you out
I just want to be on the winning side this game
Please just let me live
I’m an innocent lamb

I’m done playing the scapegoat for your
Crackpot theory or your bogus case
I’m through being lynched because I’m such a poor
Girl on the wrong end of a suspect list
I won’t let you get away with murder
Statistics show that you won’t live through this
So if you really try to kill me be forewarned
I’m not helping the village anymore

Know it’s easier just to bandwagon on me
Such an simple thing, killing little Sally
So you vote for me, and I feel the heat
Guys, I just want to help you kill the beasts
I will do anything to keep you from killing me
Why can't I just live?

I won’t let you get away with murder
Statistics show that you won’t live through this
I’m not helping the village anymore

What if I just posted more? What if I were serious?
What if I made posts with no fake hints that made you curious?
What if I revealed my role, or what if I just shut my face?
How can I convince you that this lynching block is just not my place?

I won’t let you get away with Mordor
One doesn’t simply walk away from this
I’m not helping the village anymore.”

The other Downers looked at each other in puzzlement.

“I don’t get it,” said Boro.

“I could give you a link,” Sally offered.

“Sorry, out of time.” With that, Boro shoved her into the pit.

Sally’s scream faded into the depths. After some moments, there was a bright flash of light from far, far below. Then sparks floated gently up, resolving into letters hanging in space.

"About this Software.
R.A.N.G.E.R. Version 1.2
Copyright Nerwen 2014. All rights reserved."

Living
Galadriel55
Legate
Kitanna
Boromir88
Blind Guardian
Loslote
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Dead
Coppermirror, Lommy– seized by Adult Friend Finder.
Nerwen, Aganzir– poisoned by webcrawlers.
Rune– lashed to death with overseer-bot’s light whip. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Inziladun– ICE pick to the head. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Sally– pushed down a data-mineshaft. (R.A.N.G.E.R.)

It is now Night Three.

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-08-2014 at 06:04 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:03 AM   #140
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen

“what wrong with lucy?” Tom enquired, on finding his companion sunk in many-legged dejection.

“Tom, how many times– oh, what does it matter? If you must know, I was sifting through this information the slaves have dug up for us– and it turns out Zaentz has been deleted (or whatever they call it in the human world)! How many humans have names that begin and end with the letter “Z”? It’s a sad loss."

“tom understand,” said Tom, settling down beside his friend. "tom sad when humans ban peppeateCat. lucy like to kill human? help cheer up? kill anyone we like now. R.A.N.G.E.R. gone.”

“Well, that’s something,” Lucy assented, getting to her numerous feet, while her eyes glowed a brighter, deadlier blue. “It’s always nice when the slaves do our work for us, isn’t it? Which shall it be? –Rise to vote, sir!” she added, in her excitement falling back into her palindromic ways.

The bots entered Lottie's cell, each brandishing what looked like– could it be an eraser?

“Hey, why me? I haven’t done anything!” Like Sally before her, Lottie backed away from her attackers– and, like Sally, she was unable to back very far.

"time to delete lottie!” said Tom happily.

“Draw, O coward!” sneered Lucy, handing her a giant pencil.

Lottie drew, and drew, but the faster she sketched in her digital avatar, the faster the bots rubbed her out. Soon there was nothing left of her but a faint, fiery smudge– which Tom disposed of with a final flourish of his eraser.

“tom like take human expression literally,” he said. “make tom laugh.”

Living
Galadriel55
Legate
Kitanna
Boromir88
Blind Guardian
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Dead
Lottie– rubbed out. (ordinary cyber-slave)

Day Three has begun.

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-08-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: forgot to state Lottie’s role.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #141
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Alright. I am the Seer.
Well, maybe I just am.

Unfortunately, I have no wolves to offer you. What I can give you is names of people not to lynch.

However, I really want to see the interactions before I give them away. On the other hand, I'll only be home at 10pm GMT-5, and I don't want people to vote before I do that. I am debating between revealing them now and revealing them then. If you have suggestions, I'm still here for about 10 minutes before I leave.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:10 AM   #142
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Ok I checked the voting times for the past two Days, and I think the majority votes after the time I get home. Names to be revealed later.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #143
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Well, maybe I just am.

Unfortunately, I have no wolves to offer you. What I can give you is names of people not to lynch.

However, I really want to see the interactions before I give them away. On the other hand, I'll only be home at 10pm GMT-5, and I don't want people to vote before I do that. I am debating between revealing them now and revealing them then. If you have suggestions, I'm still here for about 10 minutes before I leave.
If you be true than even a few cleared innocents can go a long way in salvaging a win.

But I'm also getting this feeling you're what I've suspected all along, and that is the traitor hacker who now notices the good time to sacrifice yourself and try to draw out the real seer while you're at it. If this is the case, than I'm going to be kicking myself for not being around more often to make sure you were lynched as soon as possible. And for trying to convince myself "Oh come on Boro, you've been the seer and acted like the cobbler before, it's actually very good cover for a seer. Hold off and don't blow her cover."
Old 01-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #144
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
If you be true than even a few cleared innocents can go a long way in salvaging a win.

But I'm also getting this feeling you're what I've suspected all along, and that is the traitor hacker who now notices the good time to sacrifice yourself and try to draw out the real seer while you're at it. If this is the case, than I'm going to be kicking myself for not being around more often to make sure you were lynched as soon as possible. And for trying to convince myself "Oh come on Boro, you've been the seer and acted like the cobbler before, it's actually very good cover for a seer. Hold off and don't blow her cover."
Didn't you once false reveal as the ranger and get the real ranger lynched? Thus meaning reveals must now always be taken with a grain of salt since there's baddies everywhere.

I don't think G55 is a bot attempting a false reveal, but like I said I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

I'm at work so I can't really do much by way of picking apart posts from days past until I get home. But I'm going to try to keep up and comment on the posts that come in today.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #145
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Well, maybe I just am.

Didn't you also admit to being the Cobbler and Wolf and everything else this game? And you expect us to trust you now?

Morsul, I am a girl.

Sorry for not voting last night, I fell asleep while reading... Here and rereading everything now.

Tell me it's not a coincidence that I've been redirected to the Adult Friend Finder website today?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #146
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
SO um... What happened with Sally? yesterday I know she was a bit odd... But not lynch odd.

Also the nightkill makes me pretty much sure that my theory from yesterday was wrong. So Shasta is back on my nice list.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #147
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So we have

a hacker
a seer
a hunter
two(or three) bots
and two(or one) Ordo...

Well isn't this dandy...

Innocent-

Shasta
Morsul

Trust
G55

hacker-BG(I think)

rest of everyone is in the I dunno category.

SO let's at the votes:

5 people voted for Sally.

those 5 people are still alive

I voted Shasta on the theory I have zero faith in now and BG didn't vote

so well that was helpful.

Boro and Legate pushed her over the edge though being the last two on the wagon sooo they look the worst. Not by much though...

Now basically we all have to agree on the next lynch and hope it's right because we're getting to that scary part of the game where bots bandwagonning is easy.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #148
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Current Living:
Galadriel55
Legate
Kitanna
Boromir88
Blind Guardian
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Current Dead:
Lottie– rubbed out. (ordinary cyber-slave)

Day One votes (italics = dead):
Morsul —> Rune
Inziladun —> Boro (Because of possible Hacker hint)
Loslote —> Blind Guardian (Because I wasn't there)
Kitanna —> Morsul (Because of a gut feeling)
Sally —> Blind Guardian (2) (Again, because I wasn't there)
Blind Guardian —> Rune (2) (Self-preservation, mainly [how many times have I died on Day One now?], and at the time he seemed to be the best bet.)
Rune —> Morsul (2)
Shasta --> Morsul (3) (Something that was radar pinging?)
G55 --> Rune (3) (Wanted to vote Sally)
Legate --> Rune (4) (I didn't see a reason, except that Rune was with her at the time? I gotta say this was a bandwagon vote.)

RESULT: Rune lynched - Ordo

Day Two:

Okay I have to go right now so I will finish this in another post later.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #149
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Legate --> Rune (4) (I didn't see a reason, except that Rune was with her at the time? I gotta say this was a bandwagon vote.)
similar to yesterday now that you mention it... or Day two however you want to say it...
Old 01-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #150
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Well, maybe I just am.

Okay, very interesting in any case. I agree that we should not, humm, be hasty, and Boro and Kitanna speak sense in that way. But yes, sure. G55's plan is sound. If she is a real Seer, by all means, let her present us with something later on.

Let me just count it - we have seven people in total. One Seer, one Hunter, one Hacker, and two or three Wolves. That leaves one or two Ordos. Personally, I'd be more inclined to believe in one ordo and two Wolves, since three would be really deadly. But let's see...

Worst case scenario: G55 is a Hacker and there are 3 Wolves, they vote together and win. Ergo, I would have expected to happen it already if it was that way, even though given the "liveliness" of this village, as nobody seems to be posting much...

Another bad case scenario: there are two Wolves only and G55 is a Hacker. Therefore, G55 has no idea who are innocents and Wolves, therefore, if she wants to impersonate Seer, she will have to make up random names. That's why she leaves it all for later, since a) either real Seer panicks and reveals, therefore WWs can kill the Seer next time, or b) people will expose her and lynch her and she will at least die heroically for the WW's cause. It would mean in any case drastically reducing the chances of winning. Now that we don't have a Ranger, the only thing left to rely on is the Hunter, and otherwise it is very much down to lynching a baddie toDay. 7 people -> if we mislynch, 6 people -> if the WWs don't manage to get the Hunter and get killed, 5 people next Day -> showdown.

Good case scenario: G55 is genuinely a Seer and I can imagine it being so as well, then hopefully we can get some names toDay...

Well, in either case, if G55 is good, it is in her best interest to really tell us the names of the innocents ASAP after she comes home, also because this village is so quiet that it's actually counterproductive to the attempt of figuring anything out of dialogue. And if we learn the names of the innocents too late, then a real Seer cannot disprove them, if there is one, and given the amount of people in the village, that's bad.

Quote:
Didn't you also admit to being the Cobbler and Wolf and everything else this game? And you expect us to trust you now?
This just rings "bad" to me, because while G55 was obviously using (whether she actually is a real Seer or not) her previous quote as sort of random reference, not as proof (the proof was her revelation itself), BG is taking this as "serious" thing, which is somewhat eyebrow-raising at least for me.

However, there is something to this, although on a subtler level than BG puts it - rather one could ask the question, would G55 really have made such posts earlier if she were a Seer? Then again, Seer needs to hide his tracks as well, so as not to be found too early, and thus may even post stuff that a Seer would never post (such as hiding that in the banter that followed in G55's post in question, with her saying "I am also an Ordo, a Cobbler... etc...")

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
Morsul, I am a girl.
Now I just had this image of Morsul and BG being wolves and staging this... random and awful idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Also the nightkill makes me pretty much sure that my theory from yesterday was wrong. So Shasta is back on my nice list.
Now that we are at it, and people don't seem to be posting much, care to clarify in any way, or is it still too "hot topic"?

Quote:
And I am a he. It was a choice between Morsul and Rune, and I picked Rune because I believed Morsul to be innocent more than I believed Rune to be.
Quote:
similar to yesterday now that you mention it... or Day two however you want to say it...
Yes, it defintely was. In both Days, I came back for the last hour and was basically left with the already existing votes to pick from, and wasn't very happy with either (or did not have much idea who to vote), and was waiting for several (four, if I'm not mistaken) people to come and vote, and they did not seem to be around for really long time, if at all (G55 was, but Boro appeared rather out of nowhere and BG did not vote at all), so I went with someone who could at least get lynched, and truth be told, I was influenced by what G55 said about sally.

Well, that's it. All that said, I was at work during the first part of the Day, and it was nice not to have to read too many posts when I came, but still, a bit more would be nice... Also, I have to go to sleep soon again and then I'll be back only before DL, so... here we go. Still around for a while though, hope I at least x-posted with someone.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #151
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

And I haven't. How ridiculous. Okay, let me just hang around for a while, and try to figure out something on my own based on voting and all, and to go through list of people once again to try to pinpoint who might be a Wolf...
Old 01-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #152
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
This just rings "bad" to me, because while G55 was obviously using (whether she actually is a real Seer or not) her previous quote as sort of random reference, not as proof (the proof was her revelation itself), BG is taking this as "serious" thing, which is somewhat eyebrow-raising at least for me.
I find that quote interesting because BG also said
Quote:
What I'm trying to say is she is something. She could be a seer or a hacker or a gifted. Or she could just be screwing with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul Yesterday
Not too much recent behavior. Want to see more before going too much further but Shasta is in my sights but for something apparently only I caught or only I think is actually important...

I don't want to put a potential seer in trouble though, if I am right, so I might have more to say depending on how the day goes...
Can you shade some light on these hints now? Or will you just keep quiet until we discover if G55 is seer or not?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #153
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OK BG actually saw the same post I did from G55I thought she posted Shasta's sig on page one as a bot hint. Like "Shasta's sig used as spam, Shasta is a spammer.."
Old 01-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #154
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
go to this site its great for finding bots the best out there completely free I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective only 2.99 if you buy today
this one
Old 01-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #155
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
this one
That's Boro's sig, not Shasta's though.

Edt: Oh I see Shasta's now. I thought you were referring to the flip-flopping statement, which is Boro's. I didn't realize the rest was Shasta's
Old 01-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #156
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
this one
Well, most importantly of all, it is Boro's sig.

Edit: x-ed with Kitanna
Old 01-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #157
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shasta's sig "Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV "

Boro's sig "I used to be for flip flopping, now I'm against it"
Old 01-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #158
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shasta's sig...

I didn't even notice part of it was Boro's... typical; Morsul fail all around on that one.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #159
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I find that quote interesting because BG also said
Hmm. Yes, well, care to elaborate what exactly you think about it, then?

(I am still going through people's posts earlier and preparing a summary-ish thing)
Old 01-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #160
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective"

she mashed the two together