The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Did I just see 'Gandalf' throw 'Denethor' into the pyre?

Maybe it was me but it just seemed as if last night I witnessed 'Gandalf' pitching 'Denthor' into the flames and then saying [as Denethor runs out on fire, with no one bothering to stop or help him] "So passes 'Denethor'", as if he werre some minor inconvienence standing in the way of 'Aragorn'. Talking to Thorondil on the phone confirmed that he saw the same, and was equally annoyed/distraught/amazed/confounded/bemused/annoyed/pi$$ed [continue inserting your own paradoxical adjectives ad nauseum...]<P>PJ if you happen to read this, for every great scene, and of course quite a few were, you trash and distort another. <P>Thank God I do not care 1 fig for King Kong!<P>Siince the distortions of the characterizations are now more or less complete, I will make it my policy [and encourage any others who feel pained by the false charaterizations to do likewise] to always put all the movie characters in quotation marks [aka doubt quotes] such as 'Arwen' and 'haldir' to distinguish them from their pure archetypes.<p>[ 3:21 PM December 18, 2003: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote