The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
mpt120
Pile O'Bones

mpt120 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to mpt120 Send a message via AIM to mpt120
Sting Are you out there PJ??

I was just wondering after reading all these messages about waht people like and dislike, if any of the cast, crew or PJ himself has ever visited this site and talked on it?? I dont know if any of you administrators know about anything or have ever talked to him, but it would be cool to every once in a while get his comments. I know that may be impossible, but this is a pretty big and well known site!!! And a VERy nicely made one at that!! Also does anyone know how to reach him?? I know he may not actually write back but its worth a try. I wanna know if hes making The Hobbit!!!! I wish he would! It would be spectacular!!!
mpt120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 07:53 PM   #2
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I kinda doubt he visits here. To busy, among other things. Yes, hopefully he'll make the Hobbit, but I'm not going to get my hopes up to high.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:01 PM   #3
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Maybe somebody should tell him about this site! I wonder what he'd think about what we're saying about him. It's probably a good thing that he didn't see Dragonslayer calling him a smurf earlier though, or things could get ugly... <P>Oh and be sure to watch for him in ROTK. I saw him eating a carrot at Bree in FOTR and heard that he was throwing a spear in Helm's Deep in TTT, so he'll probably show up somewhere in ROTK. Any guesses where?
Old 08-27-2003, 08:03 PM   #4
mpt120
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Ya I bet he is waaaaay busy preparing the ROTK for theaters!! But still he must have come once!! And I did read an article a few weeks back that had parts of an interveiw with Jackson where he said that he was seriouly considering making the Hobbit!! (That would be a glorious day if it came true!) Now I know some of u out there think PJ is the worst person ever to set foot on this Earth, but considering what a HUGE task he had before him in making these truly Incredible stories on film, Id say he did a very good job and Tolkein would have been honored to know about the truly GREAT films. If your out there PJ, I'm with ya!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:06 PM   #5
mpt120
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I bet he is with the orcs that capture Frodo and take him up into that tower.(i forget the name) but ya whoever knows how to contact the guy let us know!!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:08 PM   #6
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It's probably a good thing that he didn't see Dragonslayer calling him a smurf earlier though, or things could get ugly... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No, Meneltarmacil, rememer it'll be <I>Dragonslayer</I> that beats <I>him</I>up .<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>heard that he was throwing a spear in Helm's Deep in TTT, so he'll probably show up somewhere in ROTK. Any guesses where?<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No guesses on RotK, but where does he throw a spear in TTT? I don't know if you know or if you've just heard, but I would like to know. <p>[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
Old 08-27-2003, 08:10 PM   #7
mpt120
Pile O'Bones

Sting

And plus how could anyone tell it was him. There were soooo many ppl and so much going on it would be almost impossible. (not like in the FOTR where he filled up the entire screen!)
Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 PM   #8
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I didn't see it with my own eyes, somebody else on this site told me about it. I guess when the DVD I preordered from amazon.com finally gets here, I can check it out, but until then, all I've heard is that it was inside the tower somewhere.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:22 PM   #9
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When the orcs are trying to break through the gates, before Aragorn and Gimli jump onto the causeway, there are men throwing rocks and spears down on the orcs from above. PJ is easily recognizable.<P>H.C.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:24 PM   #10
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> PJ is easily recognizable.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Heh. As usual.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:17 AM   #11
samrohan
Wight

samrohan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I predict PJ will be riding on a Nazgul. Well with computers I know that is where I would like to be, what a lovely view of Middle Earth.<BR>Joking apart, I will have to see the Two Towers again and spot PJ throwing that spear. What a lovely idea to make a cameo appearance in all the movies, and what an even lovelier idea to make "the Hobbit", though it would be a little overshadowed by the trilogy if filmed in the same way.<P>I wish PJ, production crew or actors could find time to make an appearance on this website. It would be nice discussing things about the movie with the guys that lived the experience for three over years. My guess is that PJ is banning them from doing so in case they leak information, they probably will come to sites like this after the release of the ROTK.... Hopefully.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:06 AM   #12
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Hopefully.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, that would be cool. He'd probably get frustrated with me, though . Oh well, it'd still be cool. Just don't get your hopes up to high...
Old 08-28-2003, 11:14 AM   #13
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

wwooooohhoooo, well I don't know why I just did that but oh well!! So yes it's very cool he makes cameos in all the movies ..though I never saw him in TTT but I might have..? I have to watch it again.<BR>Now on the Hobbit movie some of you are saying that he is seriously considering making it, but I heard that he wouldn't make it because he said that "the story is adventure for the pure sake of adventure".<BR>But who knows maybe he is re-considering it since people would love to see it happen I know I would <P>The silmarillion as a movie would be cool for fans of the book, because it might get too complicated for just movie goers. But then again there's barely any dialogue, so it would be extremely difficult to do, then there would be even more critism for PJ to handle, but hey it's worth a try. I say go for it!!, either The Hobbit or The Silmarillion as a movie<BR> <p>[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: Esgallhugwen ]
Old 08-28-2003, 12:17 PM   #14
Gandalf Jr.
Pile O'Bones

Gandalf Jr. has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Silmarillon would be awesome as a movie. I think once people watch it, they will be aware that there is so much backround and detail put into Tolkien's world, and would have more appreation for the LOTR.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:35 PM   #15
mpt120
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Ya I think it would be great for PJ to make The Hobbit!! I think he would do a wonderfull job! And I think the Hobbit would make a great 3 hr movie. It could go with the LOTR set and it could be a quadrilogy (i dunno what its called!! lol) that would be cool. I would love to see the part when biblo and gollum are exchanging riddles!! That would be the coolest thing EVER!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 03:47 PM   #16
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

If <I>I</I> were Peter Jackson or anyone else that had worked on the movies, I'd avoid internet forums like the plague.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:44 PM   #17
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>If I were Peter Jackson or anyone else that had worked on the movies, I'd avoid internet forums like the plague. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Especially some of the threads on this particular site (& most of my posts ).
Old 08-28-2003, 04:50 PM   #18
glamdring

Sting

I might too, espcially if all of the films had already been shot and no matter how much people complained, you still couldn't put a scene in because it was already done. I wouldn't want to see people going over something that I did with a fine-tooth-comb. If I made it, then I am proud of it and don't want others telling me that I did something wrong. But I think he did an excellent job. (ummm, maybe not with Farimir, but everything else was good)
Old 08-28-2003, 07:09 PM   #19
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Especially some of the threads on this particular site (& most of my posts) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Aw, I'm sure he'd realise that you love him really, Estel. You're just being cruel to be kind. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I wouldn't want to see people going over something that I did with a fine-tooth-comb. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, he should take that as a compliment, particularly as it seems to be a favourite occupation of those who most love the films. After all, you'd have to have watched the film umpteen times to spot <I>some</I> of the things these guys come up with. Personally, I didn't even notice Legolas saying that the Orcs were headed north-east until I saw it mentioned here.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:51 PM   #20
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Aw, I'm sure he'd realise that you love him really, Estel. You're just being cruel to be kind. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Only to true. Oh well, as long as I didn't talk to himabout Faramir I think we could get along .
Old 08-29-2003, 06:47 AM   #21
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
Ahh, yes Faramir...well, and Westfold's Non-Existant river
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 12:33 PM   #22
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

If PJ does do the Hobbit, and somehow, he was actually reading this, I would reccommend that he himself played Bilbo. He looks very Bilbo-ish, if you know what I mean, and since the film would already be horrible with plot changes and Bilbo begging Bard to help, screaming "But you're part of this town!", we might as well add in an amateur actor to at least add a little comedy to the bit (because, of course, all the original comedy will be long gone, to be replaced by Balin doing stand-up in a hall at Rivendell, and Bombur asking to be tossed over the river in Mirkwood).<P>I have now just achieved the longest, most jumbled mess of a sentence ever.<P>Iarwain