Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #441
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

I have an idea, but I'm just checking that it doesn't conflict with other plans. All being well, I should be able to post within the next few days.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:10 PM   #442
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Sorry folks, but problems with the computer have prevented me completing my post over the weekend. Hopefully, I'll find a "quiet patch" at work tomorrow so that I can finish it off.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:42 PM   #443
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Well, it looks like I spoke to soon. Things have suddenly perked up at work, so I have had to forego sleep this very night to complete my post.

It seems that the Itship were back in the future for rather longer than they thought. Sauerkraut has overtaken them, as indeed have events once more ...
Old 07-13-2004, 10:42 PM   #444
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420! What can I say?

I can only explain my recent post by saying that I'd seen one too many Guinness commercials...

Last edited by Kuruharan; 07-13-2004 at 10:42 PM. Reason: I just couldn't get it right the first time...could I?
Old 07-15-2004, 02:15 AM   #445
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Fabulous posts, guys! Saucy, I hope you made up for the lost sleep - your post certainly made up for the wait! Wonderful dialogues, a clever original name for Soregum, and Candyman, Sparkey, and the other Hobbits to boot. (Well, they do need boots in the mud...)

Kuru, what a fun post - I had mental images of a Hobbit saying, "This, my friend, is a six-pack!"

Thena, we look forward to your post! One request though - please check your plans with Squatter, as he has reserved the right to the final scene in the Mire and has ideas for it.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-15-2004, 08:17 PM   #446
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

1420! Guinness is good for you

Quote:
I can only explain my recent post by saying that I'd seen one too many Guinness commercials...
I now have a mental image of our trusty (nay thrifty) Dwarf doing that crazy dance next to a pint of Guinness twice his height (although you will of course have no idea what I am talking about if that advert shows only in the UK).
Old 07-17-2004, 07:49 PM   #447
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Alas, while I know of much crazy dancing, and can clearly understand how Guinness could be associated with such, I have no knowledge of commercials combining the two.

The commericals I had in mind revolve around the excessive (and indeed annoying) use of the word "Brilliant!" over and over and over again.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 07-17-2004 at 07:51 PM. Reason: I suppose I should get my letters in the right order
Old 07-21-2004, 01:01 PM   #448
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Thena, Squatter, have you been able to coordinate your plans? It would be nice if we could carry on soon!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-21-2004, 01:10 PM   #449
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Squatter let me know to go ahead, and he'll make his post fit with mine. I will be posting within the next day or so.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #450
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'm waiting for Thena's post, then Squatter's to finish off the Shire visit, before we go on to the Havens - I hope we can continue soon!
Old 08-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #451
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pimpiowyn is getting really hungry....

*schniff*
Old 08-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #452
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Pimpi is *very* well fed now...
Old 08-08-2004, 02:30 PM   #453
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Wonderful post, Thena! Chock full of such wisdom as "you can catch more hobbits with hotdogs than halitosis". I especially enjoyed the "in and out" references. Strange, that wizard fight seemed so familiar...

I hope Squatter can continue soon with his planned post.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #454
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Oh dear. I suppose I asked for it, didn't I? But however did Pimpi get in a zombified state when there was no one manning (wizarding?) the cart to feed her hotdogs? *puzzled*
Old 08-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #455
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

RE: Pimpi's zombified state

I deliberately let that detail remain vague, for the purposes of simplifying the tasks of whoever comes next. Any of several scenarios can be imagined.

(1) Pimpi became so maddened by the smell of the hotdogs that she broke into the cart and binged

(2) Pimpi was rescued by Vogonwe at the last moment, and is pretending to be zombified so as to get close to Sauerkraut without being suspected

Those are only two, and there must be other, more fanciful (and interesting) options. Have fun, and please accept my apologies for the delayed save-fill.

Thenamir
Old 08-08-2004, 05:27 PM   #456
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Are we to await Squatter's post, or simply make sure the Itship are still in the Mire?
Old 08-08-2004, 05:31 PM   #457
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

I think that I have sufficiently embroiled the it-ship in yet another sub-plot such that as long as we stay in the Mire, a post or two should be OK.

I *will * be disappointed if Sauerkraut is disposed of in a single post...

Thenamir
Old 08-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #458
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes, as long as we don't leave the Mire, anyone can carry on for now. Post away, me 'earties!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #459
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Well, I set a good example by being the first to post today! I hope more will follow, as the end of the conflict has not yet been reached.

I most humbly beg JRRT's pardon for lifting most of my post (with amazingly few changes - it fit so well!) from the "Voice of Saruman" chapter of TTT; I shall toss an extra nickel into the Travestometer to pay for the necessary power...
Old 08-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #460
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I suppose that if Pimpi were accidently dispatched in the ensuing gout, er, I mean bout, it would save on the travelling expenses to Valleyum, since that is where we are all heading anyway.

Yes, I know. I'm horrible and gross.

Forgive me Diamond for I have sinned...

Or words to that effect.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:55 PM   #461
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Oh, Esty...my sides...the double entendres...the mere thought of Merisu being ravished by Sauerkraut...and then you have her refusing his hotdogs ...I *know* it must be just my filthy little mind, and that such could not *possibly* have been in your lily-white imaginations...
Old 08-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #462
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Would you believe me when I say that it was entirely unintentional? I don't know what some people manage to read into my innocent words! Go on now, nothing to see here...
Old 08-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #463
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

I know you would never lie to us, Esty.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:15 PM   #464
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

As so often in life, if you don't want to be believed, tell the truth - it's too strange to be believable.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:15 PM   #465
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Anyone object to me putting in a save (I PROMISE I won't take as long to write it!!) to carry along Esty's line of thought in "The Voice Of Saruman"? It would be a real stretch to have Gateskeeper break Saruman's staff, but perhaps he can make the wheels fall off his Cart? Cause his sausage boiler to explode?

Of course, if anyone else has a great idea on how to carry on, please by all means carry on!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #466
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril Diamond is always ready to hear confessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
...A lesser daughter of Elven royalty am I, but I do not need to lick your sauce from my fingers. Turn elsewhere with your rotten hotdogs.”
I'm shocked beyond words. Or maybe just laughing too hard to breathe.... And yes, we all believe you, Esty. Indeed. Completely.

Thena, I had some inklings of ideas about what to do with Vogonwë and Pimpi in light of her zombification, but nothing concrete enough to write up.... So long as you leave her zoned out (and alive *coughKurucough*) I should be able to pick up from anywhere.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:12 AM   #467
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Thena has wisely chosen not to put up a save, since he's not sure how soon he can post, so anyone who wants it has the floor. This is a good opportunity to carry on the 'Voice of Saruman' dialogue with your character!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:37 AM   #468
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

*Sigh*

I watch too much Python (Monty).
Old 08-12-2004, 09:28 AM   #469
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
And I spend too much time on the computer...

If my post conflicts with anyone's plans or ideas, I'd be glad to delete or modify it.

Otherwise, what's next and what shall we do with Gatesy?
Old 08-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #470
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Fabulous posts, guys! Thanks to Kuru for that - umm, interesting contribution! Thena, an inspired continuation, and that after so short an interim! Mith, what a wonderful contribution! I'm still chuckling...

Who wants to carry on?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #471
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Gateskeeper is expecting the full 3rd-degree interrogation on the purposes for his secretive presence in the What-now-ship.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #472
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Question

Can we haze him?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:48 PM   #473
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Not sure Gatesy would appreciate that.

Hey, next REB post is a milestone, #200!! Woohoo!
Old 08-12-2004, 05:19 PM   #474
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Not sure Gatesy would appreciate that.
That's the whole point.

Besides we would not hurt him or anything. We might just quietly pull his power cord out of the outlet and tell him his hardware is obsolete, nothing major.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:34 PM   #475
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril Ahhhhhh, the power of suggestion

My save is filled in.

(It's a bit hasty, but I had the fear of the Stalled RPG put in me).
Old 08-15-2004, 06:25 AM   #476
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
I had the fear of the Stalled RPG put in me
Hey, I didn't say a word! I'm a patient respectowiggle; it takes more than a days' wait before I start writing prodding PMs. Thanks for your fun post, Diamond!

I put up a save for a brief interrogation post, to be filled today; I hope Thena, Mith or someone - anyone - will answer those questions. As of tomorrow, I'll be away in London et al for a little over a week, so I won't very likely be writing, even if I should get a chance to read. (You never know, though - there have in the past been some slight complaints about my tendency to hijack BD get-together conversations to brainstorm REB plotting, but they are of course much exaggerated! No, no, don't ask Sharkey - I'm sure he enjoyed every minute of it last summer... )

edit: Save filled in

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 08-15-2004 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:49 PM   #477
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Congratulations to all, the Sauerkraut-subplot turned out even better than I'd expected. A fitting ending for the Head-Dork at Dorktank.

When I saw Mithadan's save I was reminded of something, WAYYYYYY back in post #52...

Quote:
...(Grrralph) heard the Gateskeeper utter a phrase of a type he had heard before. But where? Then, he was struck by a flash of insight. Ignoring the pain, he reviewed his memory of a scene on a battlefield from not long ago. His former employer had backed a group of up-and-comers in a brief war against a mysterious force. The Eunuchs of Pea-Sea had performed admirably, multitasking their way through the battle which had ended in a draw. But during the battle he had heard a cry like the phrase Gateskeeper had whispered.
Are we now going to fill in this little plot hole? Connect the dots between Gatesy and Grrralph? I am looking forward to the forthcoming post!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:48 PM   #478
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Another let's-not-call-it-loose-so-much-as-free thread I am reminded of, is a comment from Page 1, pertaining to one Leninia the Deceivingly Little:

Quote:
History: Rumored to be the illegitimate daughter of a mighty Wizard and a chambermaid, she inherited her mother’s domestic skills and her daddy’s ability to use her voice to destructive means.
I am left to wonder if Leninia's father recently passed away?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:09 AM   #479
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
My save is filled in. What? You expected a cogent explanation from Grrralph or something?

Your turn Thenamir! Time for Gatesy's song and dance.... Hopefully before Labor Day?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:26 AM   #480
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

White-Hand

In reality, things at work have hit a snag (through no fault of mine ) that prevents me from doing much of anything that could be called "productive."" If that trend holds for today, and all indications are that it will, I should have a post up by later today.

You mean *I* have to fill in for the loose end *you* left dangling? I'll do what I can. <sighs>