Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2006, 03:53 AM   #961
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
It seemeth to me that I have not yet officially thanked Diamond for her post - I was happy to have you grab the initiative and write something while waiting! It seems that we have indeed perfected the art of posting without affecting the so-called "plot" in the least on this story. Thanks for the fun!

Now Saucy's long-expected party - umm, post - is finished, and it's wonderful to read, both hilarious and interesting. However, he sure has maneuvered Merisu and Yawanna into a corner with Môgul's connivings! I was hoping I could sit back and wait for all others to post before wrapping, but now I have to write the Backs-Against-the-Wall-Yet-Again-Ship out of this mess. Great job of surprising us, Sauce - an unexpected twist!

If any of you want to write in this situation*, please PM me ASAP so we can coordinate our efforts. Otherwise, I shall be up in my tower, staring into my Cell-antír in hopes of inspiration. I promise you, I shall post soon. (temporal definition of "soon" = within five days at the most)

*On second thought, don't worry about it. I already have some ideas and am working on a post with the next developments; if all goes well, I can revise my temporal definition to a matter of hours rather than days.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 03-11-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #962
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I have my "riding (or rather flying) off into the sunset (or rather sunrise)" thing ready...so I'll just wait for that.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #963
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
The task is done.

Feel free to comment or react as you see fit. There still is some unfinished business, so please choose the best time to insert your post. I will post to connect and wrap things as necessary.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 03-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #964
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Esty, what is the unfinished business?

As you know I have plans to stage a wedding, and I'm wondering if this is the appropriate time to get it started. I am having an inkling that my post will be more suited to two or three posts, as there will be a "hey, let's get married" phase, a "hey let's petition Manuel for staying here" phase, a "hey let's send out invitations to the Itship" phase, and finally a ceremony. (With the inevitable personally written vows, of course).

I just don't know if anyone is up for posting in between my posts, or if there's more plot that needs to be capped off. As for other charactres, they should all be present for my posts because that's how I'm going to start writing it. So if anyone should leave or die before I'm done, I'll have to do rewrites and I just hate those.

Anyway this is to let you all know I'm going to start working on that final sub plot for my characters. If you would like to write anything of your own characters' reations or involvement before it's all done, let me know. Saucey, espeicially, do you think you'd want to write some sort of Soregum reaction to the Inviteship phase?
Old 03-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #965
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Diamond, the unfinished business is just tying up loose ends. So please do feel free to write the first of your posts. I will spread my posts as needed and/or appropriate. I do want to write a touching scene between Merisuwyniel and the Reunified Ent, but I assume your first post would not take us out of the current situation, so I can post that after yours.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #966
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Ummm... I seem to be having a mental block. Maybe it would be better for you to write the Ent/Merisu scene before my characters start their shenanigns, becuase I'm not sure I can quite get around that. Also it occured to me that Soregum hasn't gotten a fair chance to defend himself against Mogul outing him -- I could just say that everyone's forgotten but I guess I'd like to know if that's okay with SpM.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #967
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

I guess that I ought to post something about Soregum, but it won't be for a while. In the meantime, you could just have everyone ignore him, insult him and generally berate him.

Although he did save Pimpi's life ...
Old 03-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #968
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Although he did save Pimpi's life ...
Which does not necessarily mean that anyone besides Pimpi will care.

I see pre-nuptial bickering ahead.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:31 AM   #969
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I will go ahead and post for Merisu and the Ent. A save is up to that effect.
Time: 24 - 48 hours
Plot advancement involved: Nothing substantial - just a touching scene between Merisu and the Ent and a bit of aftermath
Old 03-13-2006, 07:40 AM   #970
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
Which does not necessarily mean that anyone besides Pimpi will care.
Should be worth a wedding invitation, though.

I will put up a save after Esty's to deal with Soregum.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #971
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Is this going to be to deal with Soregum? I'm slightly confused, since I was going to go ahead with the ignoring/abuse in my post for after Esty's.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #972
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

I felt that, after what happened, the poor little chap needed some attention. Is the ignoring/abuse an integral part of your planned post, as I was rather hoping to allow him a little bit of redemption?
Old 03-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #973
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

No... it's not integral. Just wanted to be clear.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:47 AM   #974
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

My save is filled in, with one blank - I'm not yet satisfied with any of the names that have occurred to me for the Ent. But it's better to enable Saucy and Diamond to proceed with theirs; I shall fill in the name when I have it.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #975
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Oh you are a hard taskmistress ...
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #976
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Just setting my own deadlines and keeping them! Maybe my good example will encourage others...
Old 03-14-2006, 10:16 AM   #977
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Maybe my good example will encourage others...
Harsh ... but fair.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #978
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Aaahh, dontcha just love a happy ending?

My save is filled and Soregum's redemption complete.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #979
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Thanks for that wonderful post, Saucy! (...and so soon! ) I laughed over the loyer speak, contrasting with the Cali/Valley slang, and the redemption is just sappy enough to be appropriate for a Mary Sue quest! But the last line really takes the cake...
Old 03-15-2006, 08:34 AM   #980
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
But the last line really takes the cake...
It actually mirrors the way that I felt when I re-read the post.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:02 AM   #981
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Question Permission...

I have a request for all of you members of the AuthorShip. Since there's obviously not enough interest to continue the RPG format, and I have some ideas for a "Next Generation" story, I'm considering doing that as a fan fiction. If I do so, may I use your characters if and when appropriate? That would especially concern Saucy and Mith, as Gravlox and Soregum - umm, I mean Windsor, of course! - will be staying with Merisuwyniel. However, I might want to have the one or other character (and/or their offspring) peeking into the storyline occasionally. Any objections? Please fill out the form relinquishing all rights to your character's name, personality, and any revenues acquired from the same, in triplicate...
Old 03-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #982
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well, when I actually finish my post(s) I am hoping to lay Pimpi and Vogy to rest. No, not in the RIP way, I mean letting them slouch around in Valleyum eating and writing poetry for the rest of therir lives.

However, if you would like to include any number of offspring (that's two parts human, one part elven, and one part hobytla! ) feel free to do so. And if any cameo of V&P in Valleyum is needed, go right ahead.

Signed,

Diamond18
Diamond18
Diamond18
Old 03-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #983
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril It's done. Not particularly funny or clever, but done.

My save is filled in.

I have a total of 1 (one) joke in mind for the actual wedding, so I can't promise that will get written anytime soon.

But I filled this in within two days, do I get brownie points for that?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:48 AM   #984
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Pay to author's account: 10 (ten) REB Brownie Points

Disclaimer: REB Brownie Points are purely symbolic, not to be considered legal tender anywhere at all, including Muddled-Mirth. You may not pass "Go" nor collect any amount of money, Monopoly or otherwise, with them.

A very enjoyable post, Diamond! Since the feasting is so obviously the center of attention, it's easy to tell that it was written from Pimpi, not Vogy's point-of-view. The wishes were wonderfully and typically silly for each character.

Oh, can I have some chocolate ice cream to go with that Chocolate Pudding Cake? A Triply Delectable Death may not alliterate as nicely, but what a way to go!

Final posts from each character are not yet desirable, as you want to have them all present at the wedding. If anyone wants to do any interim partying, playing, or plotting, you are welcome to post. I have put up a save (to be filled in soon, though not yet definably so) for Merisu's present pursuits, future plans, and true wish. All family-friendly, of course!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #985
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
I have a request for all of you members of the AuthorShip. Since there's obviously not enough interest to continue the RPG format, and I have some ideas for a "Next Generation" story, I'm considering doing that as a fan fiction. If I do so, may I use your characters if and when appropriate? That would especially concern Saucy and Mith, as Gravlox and Soregum - umm, I mean Windsor, of course! - will be staying with Merisuwyniel.
Of course you may. Although I fear that, now that he has become such a good little Hobbit, Soregum - er - Windsor has lost what comedy potential he ever had ...

An alternative occurred to me if you are thinking of a second sequel. There are many excellent writers on the Downs, and a number have shown themselves to be very proficient at comedy writing. Perhaps the story might be continued with "fresh blood", as it were. And you might even be able to persuade some of us "oldies" to put in the occasional cameo.

Diamond, will any of Pimpi's relatives (on the Hobbit side) be invited to the wedding? Perhaps to console Windsor's broken heart ...
Old 03-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #986
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
I fear that, now that he has become such a good little Hobbit, Soregum - er - Windsor has lost what comedy potential he ever had ...
Now that would entirely depend on the situation into which he is placed. After all, comedy makes good use of straight men. I can already see him struggling with the biggest challenge of his life...

Quote:
An alternative occurred to me if you are thinking of a second sequel. There are many excellent writers on the Downs, and a number have shown themselves to be very proficient at comedy writing. Perhaps the story might be continued with "fresh blood", as it were. And you might even be able to persuade some of us "oldies" to put in the occasional cameo.
I don't think I have the energy to coerce, convince, and connive for a whole team of authors again, however much potential they might have. It has taken considerable willpower and persuasive attempts just to finish off this story!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #987
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
Oh, can I have some chocolate ice cream to go with that Chocolate Pudding Cake? A Triply Delectable Death may not alliterate as nicely, but what a way to go!
Well I could edit my post to make that Merisu's true wish, but I see you have different plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Diamond, will any of Pimpi's relatives (on the Hobbit side) be invited to the wedding? Perhaps to console Windsor's broken heart ...
Er, well, I had only planned for people present in Valleyum at the time to attend. But cousins of Pimpi might be something for Esty to keep in mind for her sequel.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #988
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

My save is filled in - I have left the second part (with the wish) for a later post, in case another is needed. Who wants to go next? Don't all post at once!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #989
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Pipe

Estelyn, it is so touching to see the lonely star-crossed lovers brought back together again in a truely Tolkien moment--or moments. Good, too, to see that canon can fire such good shots even in a parody such as this. You didn't even need to ask Gravey to be best man--especially since that place was always held by Halfulion.

Nice round-ups everyone, at this Not-okay-corralling of the authorship. If only I could resist the urge to say, "Go west, young writers." But you have been a maverick crew that has brought us a bonanza of good laughs. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:04 AM   #990
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Ladies and Gentlemen

Kuruharan, Chrysophylax, and Reeperneep have left the story.

They do remain available for subsequent nonsense...for a suitable talent fee.

It's been a blast and I'd like to thank everybody who participated!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:11 AM   #991
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
If Merisuwyniel’s hushed confession turned out to be what he was afraid it might be…he’d probably have a bout so severe as to cause him to retroactively starve to death.
Amen, brotha!

We seem to be fond of regurgative humor in this story, I've noticed. Parts 1 and 2. I wonder what that says about us.

Anyway, I have one or two more ideas for jokes, which brings me to a total of three ideas, so I'm inching closer to writing the wedding post.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #992
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Great post, Kuru, and very funny! If you think this spoof on a Mary Sue story prompts regurgitation, you should check out those that are written in all ernest! Taking Reaperneep with Kuru and Chrys (back east) is a very good idea. At any rate, it saves me having to think of a way to finish his character off. It was very kind of you to allow Merisu to have the final word - thanks!

Diamond, we await the marriage ceremony with bated breath. After that, final posts are requested.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #993
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

A wedding of a very different sort

My post is up. I had hoped to include roles for all the remaining characters, but it was turning out rather long anyway....
Old 03-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #994
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Very enjoyable, Diamond! I laughed over Pimpi's pragmatic approach to love and marriage - more people in real life should realize that they have to "get used to a new love's annoying bits" before dumping the old one. The ceremony fits your characters perfectly - thanks for a very funny post!

Now, anyone can go ahead and post, though I think that it would be good if Rim posts for Hal, since he is to propose a toast of some sort as best man. Party posts for both Itship and Velour are appropriate, and if you want to write only one, making it do double duty as your character's farewell, that's fine. Everything that comes now is anticlimactic anyway!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:37 PM   #995
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
The ceremony fits your characters perfectly - thanks for a very funny post!
Well, yes, I never allowed Vogy any dignity before, so why start now, here at the end of all things?

Quote:
Now, anyone can go ahead and post, though I think that it would be good if Rim posts for Hal, since he is to propose a toast of some sort as best man.
While it would be peachy fine if Rim could contribute a post for Hal, I wasn't really setting anything up there. Truth be told, my original idea involved Kuruharan taking Vogonwë to the cleaners (in the figurative sense) in return for assuming best dwarf duties, but *grumbleKurugrumble* he left while that plan was still gestating. Hal was my last minute grasping about for someone to subsitute.

Hey, maybe at the party everyone could sit in a circle and pass around the mystery smelling salts....
Old 03-24-2006, 05:09 AM   #996
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
As requested!

Hal's drunken, rambling, astonishingly tasteless speech is up.

Last edited by Rimbaud; 03-24-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #997
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Thanks for your funny - and fast! - contribution, Rim! Considering our secret plotting for Hal's future, which will be rather unexpected, I imagine, it's even funnier. I do hope speech-making will not be one of his main responsibilities!

Will either of you, Di and Rim, be making a final post for your character(s)?

First, we now need posts from Mith, Lush, Thena (not necessarily in that order) - am I forgetting anyone?

Saucy, will you be posting a final post for Soregum?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #998
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I don't think it's really that necessary, but if the inspiration strikes, I might. It depends on what others write, I suppose.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:53 AM   #999
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril Notice

I am planning to wrap the story before Easter. I have sent a PM to those who have not yet written their final posts and whom I have not sighted here for a long time: Lush, Mith, and Thena. Kuru has already sent his characters off into the sunrise, and Di and Rim will likely not be posting again. (If you two change your mind, please do let me know!)

Saucy, what about you? Any last words for Windsor? If not, I'll just have him join Merisu and Gravlox on their trip back to Muddled-Mirth.

I will probably write a couple of posts with closing events, so as not to overload one with too much. If there are no further posts or notifications from the rest of you, I will dispose of all remaining characters as I see fit. If you have specific ideas, please let me know ASAP.

Let The End begin!

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 04-03-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:10 AM   #1000
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril Post #1000

This special post number seems to call for some kind of celebration, and so I have thought of an appropriate song parody for the occasion:

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final posting...
My friends, I’ll say it clear,
It was the best – no undue boasting!

The storyline was full.
We traveled each and ev’ry highway;
And more, much more than this,
We did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But only when it moved too slowly.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through as this team’s goalie.

I planned each plotted course;
Each random stop along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew
When I thought, “What am I to do?”
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I gently nudged; I did not pout.
I faced you all and you stood tall,
And did it my way.

I wrote, I laughed and cried.
I read your posts, your share of plotting.
Sometimes it almost died,
And yet it never started rotting.

To think we did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
So many had a part -
It’s not just my way.

For what’s a story, what’s it got?
If not good authors, it has naught.
To write the posts that make us smile;
It takes both talent – and awhile!
We conquered foe, united Bow,
And did it our way!

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 04-03-2006 at 08:08 AM.