The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #881
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Also, I want to know why Nog had such a problem being lynched if he was the Unicorn. This was the best point for him to get lynched; the odds of him bringing someone back were the highest they possibly could be. (I know, he didn't get to come back, but I mean to say that any point after this his chances would have gone down.) Add that to his inability to participate *squishes* and I don't see the issue. Meh.
Well, Greenie and I both think he was trying to get lynched, and that's why he was acting so weird. I know he kicked and screamed a lot on the way to the gallows, but maybe he thought that was called for.

Quote:
Oh, did I mention? MY PLAN WAS FLIPPING BRILLIANT AND WOULD HAVE SAVED OUR SEER! *chills* I'm. Just. Sayin'.
All right, yes, you win. Only may I point out that tum would have been forced to reveal regardless of whether we'd agreed to your plan or not?

EDIT:X'd with Zil.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-01-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #882
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Mac

He just posted on the Admin thread that he's dropping out. He says he's one the Shirrifs, Hercules.

x/d with Nerwen
Old 08-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #883
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Trying to look at possible links of people with Rikae, I thought this was interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Well, I'd say that was a nice scene I just wrote, and...
people, people, people. Can't say I was wild over the original candidates, but this last minute scrambling isn't likely to do much good either... I mean, Nienna? Why her? You'd do as well to lynch me, and I already have a vote.
She's a wolf. Why would she care about Nienna's death, unless the latter is a packmate? It couldn't mean Nienna is her lover, either, since Tum has already told us Rikae is Ares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Rikae - 2.5 hours of analysis later.

29 – Mostly banter, doesn’t think much of Boro’s Zeus comment
32 – Jokes at being a wolf
69 – First post of content, explains to Foley that we don’t always need to be serious to be useful, mentions how another role will be revealed when Poseidon comes back
76 – explanation and call for Mod-god interference about lovers and their goals
80 – She mentions that the false seer can lead the village astray with false information and that that is worse than baddies being able to narrow down their potential-seer list
82 – Mentions lovers or anyone trying to save wolves can happen especially in a game like this. Also reiterates how moot the point about Romeo-Juliet lovers is concerning what happens when a partner dies
83 – Both seers are probably leaving trails
88 – Admits that she may misread seer/false seer hints
90Nerwen’s “Hades” comment could be leaving hints at Persephone but could just as easily be something else
100 – Converses with Phantom about his lovers talk, mentions how his way can create a suspect where there may actually be no grounds as people’s playing styles vary so much
104 – Mentions how there isn’t generally any reason for the false seer to keep quiet though maybe there is in some circumstances
108 – Thinks Nog’s idea about Seers revealing is interesting but that if there is a false reveal it may tie up a ranger
111 – Says it’s up to individuals to play as they want to. The wolves also get the same information that the village gets and there is no reason to suppose they will miss seer-hints
121 – Didn’t think that Nerwen was trying to get Persephone to pick her and that maybe Mac was trying to confuse Persephone into picking her
128 – Mentions that joking banter may contain hints too Interesting with her own joking banter which could be wolvish – see later as well
133 – Mentions that Steve joking about Dionysus could just be him having too much to drink
137 – Is most suspicious of those seeing hints everywhere than those supposedly leaving hints
142 – Didn’t know Steve’s age and thinks we can just lynch the cursed after they are turned
145 – If Steve is the cursed then he helped the village without knowing it because the wolves wouldn’t pick him now anyway
158 – On Boro’s Zeus-hints: Phantom started it, and Lal kept it going – wonders about Phantom’s intentions in that were
179 – “allied to Zeus” could mean wolf’s lover but she doesn’t think that’s what Boro meant
194 – Doesn’t think that Mac is a lover just because he was suspicious of Boro being a lover
198 – Thinks because the narration will say when the cursed is turned there is no reason to lynch Steve now. Doesn’t want to vote BG because she hasn’t really shown she’s a wolf but she may vote for her because of not participating. Other suspects include Nerwen (though she thinks her suspicion might be based on IC banter and nothing else), Phantom but he hasn’t explained himself and it would be a throwaway, and Wilwa for trying to stir up suspicion about Boro but still keeping her hands clean (also thinks that would be a throwaway)
213 – Admits it must be frustrating for BG but says she has to participate more or why bother. Won’t vote BG (too harsh) or Steve (hasn’t had time to explain himself). Votes Phantom because it should happen more on Day Ones. This doesn’t actually bother me at all… she suspected Phantom a little bit and it seems like as reasonable for a Day One vote as any other
223 – Says she always defends Mac even when they aren’t on the same side

Day 2

334 – Thinks Boro must have coupled his Seer-hints with correct suspicion (accidental or not) as he was killed. Boro also could have coupled Seer and Hunter hints so maybe he didn’t point to a baddie at all and the wolves called his bluff… or he could be the false seer
336 – Mentions it’s weird that Nerwen argued her and Mac weren’t wolf-on-wolf when that’s not even what Nog said
345 – Torn about Mac’s wording about “frustrating to be alone”… chalks it up to second language
350 – Says she knows what Phantom is up to and is more concerned about Nerwen. Doesn’t like people picking on her “sweetie” so much, calls him sweetie again in an edit to the post interesting use of pet names which as I’ve mentioned I don’t believe I’ve seen before…maybe her being playful, maybe not
352 – Now wondering where all the Steve-is-not-the-cursed stuff is coming from, leaning toward Phantom being Zeus and that being what Boro dreamed
354 – Still thinks Phantom is Zeus but not that he should be lynched, it’s debatable anyway
378 – After re-reading Mac’s “frustrating” comment she is pretty sure it is because of English being his second language
412 – Explains that Nerwen was probably talking about Hades the place not the person
467 – Wants to look at the Inzil/Tum stuff and Tum’s voting of BG after finding her innocent
474 – Doesn’t buy Tum being a wolf, doesn’t buy Mac being a wolf, doesn’t buy Steve being a wolf. Votes herself saying that she is the “wolviest wolf that ever howled at the moon” This is the second time she joked at being a wolf and on Day Two when voting matters a little more
485 – More fake (?) lover banter with Mac
526 – Doesn’t like the last minute scrambling for a random lynch candidate
529 – Thinks Mac is behind the lynch-someone-not-Steve business so now she wonders if maybe it would be wise to lynch him

Day 3

593 – Has some problems with Lottie’s Tum-analysis, doesn’t think Sally’s Hestia plan is best, she doesn’t approve of bandwagons
602 – Doesn’t want to get lynched with chat-speak
608 – Sadly doesn’t have any assassination power

Conclusions: Generally she has been very helpful and even reprimanding to the village where it is needed. She's been logical and consistent. The only thing that worries me a tiny bit is her joking about being a wolf. I don’t think she is a wolf but it is interesting. She is also very flippant about her own lynching which leads me to think that maybe she doesn’t have one of the more important roles... maybe a lover (with all the lover banter) which could mean she can have assassination powers later.
I find it notable that at the end she writes a glowing summary of how good Rikae is, but leaves that very small bit of doubt based around Rikae's joking declarations of lupinity. Did anyone who's innocent really take Rikae seriously there? She says things like that all the time! It seems a strange thing for someone to choose as a reason to be wary of Rikae. More like a packmate saying "Hmm. I don't need to be totally in favour of Rikae, so I'd better put an inconsequential reason as to why I don't completely trust her". And the bit about Rikae possibly being a lover? Could that have been intended to dissuade the Seer from dreaming her? "Doesn't have one of the more important roles"?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #884
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well, Greenie and I both think he was trying to get lynched, and that's why he was acting so weird. I know he kicked and screamed a lot on the way to the gallows, but maybe he thought that was called for.
You have a point. It would make a lot more sense, and definitely explain why he was being so....yeah, not Nog. Makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
All right, yes, you win. Only may I point out that tum would have been forced to reveal regardless of whether we'd agreed to your plan or not?
Flippin' right I do.

Erm, how so? If Hestia came out yesterDay we'd likely have concentrated on what he/she said rather than this Tum wagon. (And might I say, I understand her weirdness now. First time gifteds can be uber-twitchy.) Then again, I can't predict what people would have done, but I think we'd still have not had such a wagon against her yesterDay if she hadn't been a huge topic of discussion. *shrugs*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #885
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Oh, did I mention? MY PLAN WAS FLIPPING BRILLIANT AND WOULD HAVE SAVED OUR SEER! *chills* I'm. Just. Sayin'. *snuggles Tum tightly, hopes the rangers love her enough to protect her properly and LISTEN TO ME for a change* Okay, I'm done here.
Oh yeah, because the seer is in so much danger with two rangers about.

Just wanted to apologize, people. Everything that's gone wrong has been my fault, from picking the wrong kills to getting myself dreamed of. I really have no idea why people consider me such a formidable player; I'm just an idiot.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #886
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Erm, how so? If Hestia came out yesterDay we'd likely have concentrated on what he/she said rather than this Tum wagon. (And might I say, I understand her weirdness now. First time gifteds can be uber-twitchy.) Then again, I can't predict what people would have done, but I think we'd still have not had such a wagon against her yesterDay if she hadn't been a huge topic of discussion.
Well, maybe not– but we did still have to lynch somebody, didn't we?

EDIT:X'd with Rikwolf.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-01-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #887
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:

Just wanted to apologize, people. Everything that's gone wrong has been my fault, from picking the wrong kills to getting myself dreamed of. I really have no idea why people consider me such a formidable player; I'm just an idiot.
Shut it, fuzzy wuzzy. Go wage war on another village.

Quote:
Well, maybe not– but we did still have to lynch somebody, didn't we?
True, but it might not have been Tum. Really, I just think it's hilarious that we followed my plan except not the way I said and it ended rather poorly. (Then again, Nog would have still been dead and you're right to say that Tum may have still had to come out, but I'd rather have had Hestia out and about than Tum being forced to reveal.)

Oh, and I really felt like being a brat this morning.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #888
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Really, I just think it's hilarious that we followed my plan except not the way I said and it ended rather poorly.
Okay, but it hasn't really ended poorly.

From the Wolf's mouth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #889
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I said rather poorly, not rocks fall everybody dies poorly.

Did we miss the part where I'm being a brat?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #890
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Ok so of course all the interesting stuff happened right after I went to bed yesterDay . Anyway... I'm glad we are going to be two wolves down after toDay and know another role with Tum's dreams... or at least wolf v. non-wolf as if I was Tum I'd be hesitant to give out actual roles unless it is necessary for us to know.

Alive:
Kath
Mira
Zil
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Tum - Seer
Lalaith
Greenie
Rikae - Wolf
Shasta
Phantom
Sally

Roles left:
Zeus
Hestia - Seer (real or false)
Hades – wolf-lover
Persephone – lover of Hades
Demeter
Hebe - other sheriff
Apollo - Tum
Ares – Rikae
Hephaestus – wolf
Pan - Ranger
Dionysus - cursed
Eros - Ranger-like
Athena - goddess of Wisdom

So there are two wolves left... and one innocent (Persephone) who wants the wolves to win (but only with Hades as the remaining wolf) so that she can win too. Basically there are those 3/12 (unless the cursed is playing cobbler-like) (or 4/13 if we count Rikae) that don't really have the village's best interest at heart.

Edit: x-ed with lots
Old 08-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #891
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
He just posted on the Admin thread that he's dropping out. He says he's one the Shirrifs, Hercules.
Well, there goes that theory. So Wilwa's Day One and Two posts have pointed exactly nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I find it notable that at the end she writes a glowing summary of how good Rikae is, but leaves that very small bit of doubt based around Rikae's joking declarations of lupinity. Did anyone who's innocent really take Rikae seriously there? She says things like that all the time! It seems a strange thing for someone to choose as a reason to be wary of Rikae. More like a packmate saying "Hmm. I don't need to be totally in favour of Rikae, so I'd better put an inconsequential reason as to why I don't completely trust her". And the bit about Rikae possibly being a lover? Could that have been intended to dissuade the Seer from dreaming her? "Doesn't have one of the more important roles"?
Hmmn. Interesting.

EDIT:X'd with Nienna and Sally.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-01-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #892
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Trying to look at possible links of people with Rikae, I thought this was interesting.

She's a wolf. Why would she care about Nienna's death, unless the latter is a packmate? It couldn't mean Nienna is her lover, either, since Tum has already told us Rikae is Ares.

Now you're grasping at straws. I picked out the stuff I thought could mean that Rikae is a wolf though I didn't think it likely (I know now that I was wrong ) ... if you'll note in the analysis I did of you as well I picked out the weird things you said that could point to your wolf-dom as well.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #893
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I probably won't be around much today. Church right now, then leaving for Lincoln. I'll try to read up and post briefly at noon, and again sometime in the evening.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #894
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I said rather poorly, not rocks fall everybody dies poorly.
That would be more like the last game. Or rather, "rocks fall, mod disappears".

EDIT:X'd with phantom and Nienna.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #895
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
As interim Mod until Glirdan returns, I've been told to deliver yet another message. Zeus has decided to strike down...Tum. The seer, Apollo has immediately been kicked off from Mount Olympus. Tum, you're dead, no more posting for you.

Carry on you rabble rousers.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #896
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I probably won't be around much today. Church right now, then leaving for Lincoln. I'll try to read up and post briefly at noon, and again sometime in the evening.
What he said. (Just repeating for kicks and giggles.)

Quote:
That would be more like the last game. Or rather, "rocks fall, mod disappears".
Darn it. I can't rep you again. *grumbles*

EDIT: x'd with the messenger. Oh bother.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #897
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
As interim Mod until Glirdan returns, I've been told to deliver yet another message. Zeus has decided to strike down...Tum. The seer, Apollo has immediately been kicked off from Mount Olympus. Tum, you're dead, no more posting for you.

Now why did you do that, Zeus? You can't win with the wolves! See? Lovers are never to be trusted.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #898
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

What?

I thought we nutted this out on Day One: Zeus is supposed to be on the side of the village now!

EDIT: X'd with Zil and Sally.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #899
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Zeus!! We aren't friends.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #900
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

...I mean, I think there's technically nothing in the rules to stop him doing this– but why? Was Wilwa that charming?

EDIT: got roles confused.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #901
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
...I mean, I think there's technically nothing in the rules to stop him doing this– but why? Was Rikae that charming?
No, he's allowed to kill anyone he wants, but I can't see why he'd want to. His lover is dead, and his only chance of winning lies with the village. A chance, by the way, that he has now seriously reduced.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #902
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

All right, Hestia. If you happened to pick Tum instead of Boro, now's your moment to shine.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #903
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Now you're grasping at straws. I picked out the stuff I thought could mean that Rikae is a wolf though I didn't think it likely (I know now that I was wrong ) ... if you'll note in the analysis I did of you as well I picked out the weird things you said that could point to your wolf-dom as well.
I may be wrong, but I don't think I'm "grasping at straws". It just seems like an odd thing to single out as your reason for having some misgivings about Rikae, when you'd been so otherwise positive about her.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #904
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway, I was going to look at Wilwa on Day Three.

Oh, and–

++Rikae.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #905
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I may be wrong, but I don't think I'm "grasping at straws". It just seems like an odd thing to single out as your reason for having some misgivings about Rikae, when you'd been so otherwise positive about her.
You're allowed your opinion and I'm glad you are looking at other people today instead of just wasting the day because we have a wolf. I'm just letting you know that I pointed those things out because they stuck out to me and I wanted others to see what I saw.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #906
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Shut it, fuzzy wuzzy. Go wage war on another village.
Shut it yourself. I had no intention of posting toDay, but thought I should apologize to my mates. I may be a wolf, but that doesn't mean you need to kick me when I'm obviously depressed, Sally.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #907
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Interesting way to make the game...interesting, Zues. Good gravy, this is insanity itself.

And Mac, a ranger, has dropped out, too? We're in dire straights, folks.

I've got to go for a bit, we're about to read the Bible.

-- Foley

x-posted with Rikae.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #908
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Interesting way to make the game...interesting, Zues. Good gravy, this is insanity itself.

I've got to go for a bit, we're about to read the Bible.

-- Foley

x-posted with Rikae.
He was capable of a ranger power at some point but we do still have two active rangers. We may also still have a true seer. We need not despair but we do need to be cautious.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #909
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Shut it yourself. I had no intention of posting toDay, but thought I should apologize to my mates. I may be a wolf, but that doesn't mean you need to kick me when I'm obviously depressed, Sally.
Oh. Erm, sorry? I just assumed you were going to cause trouble as usual and decided I'd cut you off before you got started.

Why does no one love me this game?

Quote:
Mac wasn't a ranger in the typical sense; we still have two of those.

Hestia, whatever you do, stay the heck hidden (unless you've found wolves, of course). Much as I really do hate to depend on seers' dreams I don't want you dead.

Here's a wacky idea that's zany. Maybe Zeus didn't want us to have a ranger (read, seer, because I'm an idiot and got distracted as I was typing) so we'd do the work ourselves. In that case, who would do that? Phantom?

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-01-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: stupidity
Old 08-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #910
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, sorry...I see now. He was Sherrif, not ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Here's a wacky idea that's zany. Maybe Zeus didn't want us to have a ranger so we'd do the work ourselves. In that case, who would do that? Phantom?
I assume you mean Seer, not Ranger. That's an interesting idea, and I guess one that would make some sense...kinda. Poor Tum, though, now matter how she played it she was shot.

Phantom did say, "You just lost the game." I'll see if I can go find that quote.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #911
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Never mind. He was talking to Sally, and it was a joke. Forget it.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #912
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Oh, sorry...I see now. He was Sherrif, not ranger.

I assume you mean Seer, not Ranger. That's an interesting idea, and I guess one that would make some sense...kinda. Poor Tum, though, now matter how she played it she was shot.

Phantom did say, "You just lost the game." I'll see if I can go find that quote.
Bugger. Yeah, I did mean seer. I'll fix it (or rather add it into my post that I'd made a mistake).

Phantom, look what you did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Foley, he was making a reference to something completely silly. I doubt it meant anything.

EDIT: x'd with Foley
Old 08-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #913
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Wilwa, Day Three

#581. No way to know yet if Hestia is False or not. Explains Day Two vote. Very puzzled as to why Nienna was proposed as the alternative lynchee to Eonwe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Was her name just randomly chosen? Are we just going to lynch random people now without any real suspicion? Later today I'm taking a closer look at that, because the whole thing just makes me uneasy. Eonwe made at least a bit of sense, even if he maybe didn't look *that* suspicious, he had been discussed to be a possible Cursed and if anything it would have stopped us from just considering him again toDay and wasting time. It was ideal, but it made more sense than Nienna.
Finds Lottie's analysis of tum (#564) unreadable. Agrees with my points about "Nogrod's fork".

Comments: Nienna again... However, a wolf can be honestly curious, too, and it seems Nienna was indeed picked at random.

#617. Doesn't like Sally's plan. Is against reveals in general:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
In a game like this where there are already a bunch of people who know other's identities (Seer, Lovers, Shirriffs, Hunter-Hunter/Guardian, those Protectors, Hestia knows the Seer, and possible extra dreams if a Lover dies), if we start getting a bunch of reveals than that's just too much role knowledge going on, and it could start unbalancing the game.
Tum is weird, but so is Lottie. Doesn't like Nog, but doesn't want to lynch him if he won't be around.

Comments: That bit about reveals unbalancing the game may have been what alerted Lottie.

#628. Suspicion list. Okay with Lalaith, me, Rikae, Mac, Sally and Greenie. Neutral about Kath, Nienna, Inzil, Mira, phantom and Folwren. Suspicious of tum, Lottie, Shasta and Nog.

#631. Agrees with Greenie (#630) that tum looks bad, but might be a misguided innocent. Agrees with Zil (#627) that the boldness of Sally's plan makes her look good.

#691. Comments on Nog, tum, and Lottie. Nog's last post makes her feel better about him, Lottie is all right, tum looks worst. Votes tum.

General Comments: Still precious little to say about living players. Somewhat supportive of Nienna and Sally– however, her strong opposition to Sally's plan would tend to indicate they're not on the same side. (Wouldn't want to rely on any of this, though.)
Old 08-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #914
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Just checking in here...

I haven't read much of anything except the opening post, but I would just like to say that I was totally right about Lottie. *pats back*

And, now that I see Nog was the Unicorn I don't feel nearly so bad about lynching him, as in hindsight the point of his role was to die, and thus he was no doubt playing in a different and wreckless manner. So- sorry Nog, but not really sorry.

And isn't my optimism to open yesterday being proven correct? Overnight- bang, one WW dead. Soon today- bang, one WW dead. Now just two to find, and we have loads of gifteds to help. We've got this thing, people, just make sure and don't get yourself modfired!

After I get to Lincoln I'll try and get caught up. I'm assuming we're voting Rikae today?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #915
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading. I'm going to have to vote early and won't be on the rest of the day, so -

++Rikae

Also, what the heck was Zeus thinking!?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #916
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Game Interupted

Everyone scattered throughout Olympus as soon as Zeus entered, terrified that he or she may be the victim of his wrath. Zeus was trembling in fury. His anger could be felt by the mortals below as the ground quaked and shook. Yet there was one brave person on Olympus, the one person who was never terrified of his father's wrath.

Hercules, with Apollo behind him, approached his father in an attempt to persuade him to listen and calm down. Yet nothing would soothe the King of the Gods. His anger could be compared to none ever felt before.

"Dad! Listen to me!" Hercules tried to reason with him. "Artemis was just doing what you wanted! She was trying to stop the Twilight!" Yet Zeus would not hear any of it.

"Get out!! Both of you!" Zeus's voice rumbled through the halls of Olympus for all to hear.

"Not until you have listen to us father!" Apollo piped up from behind Hercules.

Apparently, the time for listening was long gone. Zeus started shooting thunderbolts all over the room. The room began to shake. Cracks started to appear on the columns and in the ceiling. Then Zeus looked directly at Apollo, eyes pure white with shocks literally flying from them, and tossed an electric bolt at Apollo, which hit him square in the chest.

Hercules shouted in anger at his father and rushed at him, checking him into the wall. Zeus hit the wall with such tremendous force, that it reverberated up to the ceiling, where one of the cracks were located. A piece of the roof came tumbling down on to the unsuspecting Hercules, literally turning him into a pancake.

Zeus looked around the Grand Chamber, first at the hulking piece of ceiling that just crushed his illegitimate son, then to the burnt face of his daughter Artemis, to his son Apollo with the hole in his chest that he had caused, to his dead wife, with an arrow protruding from her back, and walked out of the room, a single tear falling from his eye...

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Fish-fried by the other Gods
Night 4 - Lottie aka. Artemis (Hunter) - Face full of energy blast from Hera
Night 4 - Wilwa aka. Hera (Wolf Lover) - Pierced by Artemis's last shot
Day 5 - Tum aka. Apollo (Seer) - Killed by a bolt of lightning from Zeus
Day 5 - Mac aka. Hercules (Shirrif) - Pancaked by a piece of ceiling

Alive
Kath
Mira
Zil
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Greenie
Rikae
Shasta
Phantom
Sally

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-02-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #917
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just so I don't forget:

++ Rikae

There hasn't been much going on except Nerwen going through Wilwa's posts (thank you) and I don't want today to be an entire waste.

I'm going to look at Meeper as she seems to be flying under the radar without much consequence. I may also look at Foley or Lal.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #918
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mira aka Meeper aka Keeper Mira:

55 – Agrees with Phantom about lover loyalties
154 – Confused, doesn’t think Boro’s Zeus comment or Nerwen’s Hades comment were slips
202 – Not happy about Steve suspicion. Won’t be voting: Boro, Nerwern, Steve, Shasta; will probably vote BG for not posting substance
209 – Votes BG
235 – Defends her vote

Day 2
362Boro overestimated her thinking that she could protect him
453 – Concerned that Phantom is making so much sense, may not vote, doesn’t like the bandwagons

Day 3
657 – Thinks Sally’s idea may be plausible if things get desperate, is going to analyze Phantom
683Phantom Day One analysis: finds him sketchy - for no realy good reason
713 – Votes Phantom so she doesn’t forget to vote again.

Conclusions: She doesn't feel like a wolf. She isn't doing much and what she is doing doesn't seem suspicious. Her going against Phantom, though odd, doesn't seem evil. I don't know what to do with this girl.

Edit: Didn't x-post... Is anyone around??
Old 08-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #919
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm here. Do you still like me?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #920
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also, Nienna, darling, what makes you so sure I'm innocent?

(I'm not complaining, mind, but she's been far too trusting of me and I want to know why, so's I know she's not trying to make me all snuggly and then eat me or something.)