The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #241
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Hmm...I was thinking, this probably is not the best forum that the person called Orlando's top fangirl could go...who says she is anyway??!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Orlando's Top Fangirl...her being here is actually my fault...*blushes* I convinced her to come here. I didn't know she'd choose such a name, though. <P>*gives Meela an award for best marshmallow Denethor*<P>Now, a contest for best marshmallow Faramir! Similar to Denethor's, but not burnt, just charred a little.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:17 PM   #242
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Only 34 more days!!! *squeeee* <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Thus, I have icky second degree and first degree burns on my hands, which HURT!!!!!<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oww! I did something like that once, although I didn't get burned that badly. I, pyromaniac that I am, was messing about with a lit candle in one of those little glass holders. Well, my arm bumped against the glass and I got burned so badly that my skin peeled off where it hit the glass. It was really gross, but now all I have is a scar. <P>Those soundtrack clips are great!!(I'm listening to them now) I tried to download them earlier, but my computer got all messed up. <P>Whenever I get bored, I write Aragorn's speech from the trailer on my hand.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:56 PM   #243
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I don't really know what it going on in this forum, but anyway it seems like your having fun, so cheers to ya all! <P>But I do think that it would be a good idea if some of you stayed away from fire <P>Only 34 days! I can't believe it! It is going to be such a good movie!
Old 11-14-2003, 01:52 PM   #244
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Now, a contest for best marshmallow Faramir! Similar to Denethor's, but not burnt, just charred a little.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Charred, or toasted? I'm confused... <P>*sigh* I can't wait. Those clips from the soundtrack have made me insane; I could not stop talking about RotK yesterday in school! I was driving everyone insane. Oh well... <P>I have to babysit my cousins all weekend. That means no RotK music clips, because they don't have the internet! *sob* And I can't watch LotR either! *WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!* <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-14-2003, 02:00 PM   #245
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

kittiegirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiegirl
Sting

Ouch.<BR>Wow, they're deprived, no internet.<BR>That's deppressing.<BR>Yeah, I drive people crazy with LOTR too, my parents are always telling me to SHUT UP!<P>Do you have the books?<BR>You could just bring them to your cousins house, or borrow them from the library.<BR>Or a friend or something.
kittiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:56 PM   #246
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

That's what I'm gonna do. Bring the books, *secretly* bring the EV of Fellowship and watch it at, like, midnight. But I'll miss being on the 'Downs! And I'll miss the lovely, lovely RotK music clips. *sniffle, whimper*<P>But it's okay. I've corrupted one of my cousins to LotR already (he's 7), so I might be able to survive. I have to! The Towers EV comes out next Tuesday! *squeeeeeeeeeeee!*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-14-2003, 08:07 PM   #247
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sapphy dear, you've been squeeing too much... not that that's a bad thing. Good luck with your cousins (personally I'd go nuts but you're already there so ).<P>EE TTT out Tuesday! Yes! Finally! Think they'll have the ROTK Trailer like they had the TTT trailer on EE FOTR? <P>I think people have finally given up on me, almost every thing i say turns to LOTR! Gah! I think my friends are about ready to set fire to me (no pun intended)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Whenever I get bored, I write Aragorn's speech from the trailer on my hand. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Good idea! Hmm.... maybe I should start doing that...

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 09:44 PM   #248
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Whenever I get bored, I write Aragorn's speech from the trailer on my hand. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Surely you mean Theoden's speech.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:10 AM   #249
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I think people have finally given up on me, almost every thing i say turns to LOTR! Gah! I think my friends are about ready to set fire to me (no pun intended)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well actually one of my non-LOTR fan friends surprised me by coming over and saying that she would be coming to the midnight showing with me! <P>I was so shocked, this was the girl who would give me mutiple excuses about how she could not go see Fellowship with me (I have to go to my grandmas... I heard it was a scary movie...). How people change in 2 years. (but this is the girl who came and saw Sir Ian with me, and also went to a local Ringcon, maybe she was a closet fan the entire time?)<P>My friends are not as annoyed about me talking about LOTR as they were when Fellowship came out. I just talk about it seldomly now.<P>We are going to be going to the midnight showing with about 5 other people. That is why I can't wait because it is going to be so much fun
Old 11-15-2003, 11:36 AM   #250
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

31 days left 'till ROTK!!!! *sqeeeeeeeeee!* (oh dear, I've started sqeeing to... ) And TT EE on Tuesday! Can't... wait...!<P>Wow, long time no seen guys! But I'm back (not in black though...)! I'm going to need you all...<P>Finwe, that was <I>not</I> smart. Hope your hands get well soon!<P>And what about you, Meela? Still keeping everything together? Only 31 days left until you can see you beloved...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Surely you mean Theoden's speech. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sure, mister Saucepan Man... <P>*sits herself down and graps some lembas* Yummie!!! <P>I've heard those soundclips also, and they're so good! I can't wait for the soundtrack! <P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:12 PM   #251
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Charred, or toasted? I'm confused... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A marshmallow Faramir is when you hold it near the flames until about half a second before it catches on fire. If you leave it in a little too long, you can still save it from being a Denethor if you blow it out quickly enough, before it gets really blackened.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:05 PM   #252
helín anyára

Silmaril

Wow, Knight of Gondor, looks like there was a considerable need for this support group... Someday when I have a couple *hours* I'll read through the hundreds of posts. <P>You know, this is very bitter-sweet. Only a couple more days until the EE of the Two Towers... only a couple weeks until RotK. It's the last in the trilogy! *sniif* What are we going to look forward to after that? (Besides the EE). I've never gone to a midnight showing for anything before- perhaps this is a worthy cause. I'm deliberately not watching any spoilers or clips, except for the trailor; I want to relish the movie when I see it all for the first time.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:34 PM   #253
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm utterly falling apart.<P>*collapses in a heap and cries for Denethor*
Old 11-15-2003, 10:13 PM   #254
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Meela, why are you falling apart?<P>Remember Denethor is going to be in the Extended Edition that is coming out this Tuesday. You will be fine.<P>Only 31 days, Yay!!! <P>Will find something to look forward to after the movies come out. Don't worry, there is always the probably-will-most-likely-come-out-someday Hobbit movie <p>[ November 16, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 11-15-2003, 10:21 PM   #255
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Remember Denethor is going to be in the Extended Edition that is coming out this Tuesday. You will be fine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*twitch* I didn't even think about that! Tuesday...It's so soon! *bursts into tears anyway*<P>31 days sounds so...not far away! So close, and yet so far away. So it's like...one month from Monday... Bah. 31 days sounds closer. I'll have to tell all my friends now, and bug them about it. Even if they don't care. I'll make them care!<P>*burns marshmallow* Oopps... Oh well, it tastes fine anyway. *wipes charcoal from lips*
Old 11-17-2003, 05:57 PM   #256
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!* The EV of Towers is out TOMORROW!!! I'm so excited!<P><B>AND ONLY ONE MONTH UNTIL ROTK!!!</B> *squeeeee!*<P>(ps-Enny, I don't really care how much I'm squeeeing, so )<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-18-2003, 09:42 PM   #257
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> (I) act out scenes with my semi-LotR obsessed friend. Today, during lunch, we were acting out the scene where Gandalf races with his glowing staff to save Faramir, and I crashed into a laboratory table, and gave myself a nasty, purplish-black bruise all across my stomach.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That IS obsessed! I just act out the scenes vocally. I’m like Viggo Mortenson or Lawrence Maokore. Once you get in to it, you get TOO in to it, and someone gets hurt!<P>And from what I can tell (*spoiler*), Gandalf doesn’t rescue Faramir...Faramir is dragged back to Minas Tirith on his horse.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Take the RotK trailer, and then mix it with like Rock music, and make sure to time it just right, so that when the song cresecndos (intensifies for percussion illiterates 8D) it gets to the part where the trailer intensifies. Take the song, "Pressing On" by "Relient K". I mixed it with the trailer of TTT, and when Saruman says, "There will be no dawn for men", the wallblows up. I timed it just right so exactly at them moment the singer sings, "I'm pressing ooooooooooon!" and then the song gets loud and crazy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*Gasp* I didn’t know anyone else in the world could think that any music but Howard Shore could fit with TTT. “Pressing On”?? Augh!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Then I decided to pull a Denethor (because I'm really looking forward to seeing Denny)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Do you eat at Denny’s often?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> and set the thing on fire (it was made of wood so it burned easily) and quickly stuck my hands into the flames and pulled them out, trying to see how long I could keep them in without them burning. Needless to say, the teacher called one of my group members to tell them something, which, of course, distracted me. Thus, I have icky second degree and first degree burns on my hands, which HURT!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I’m sorry, no personal offense to you, but that was STUPID!! I can’t beGIN to tell you how utterly DUMB that was. Now I’ll bet your hands hurt when you type. And I’ll bet you can’t hold a sword worth beans. It hurts to wrap your grip around a pint of ale, and you can’t bend a bow to save your life! *Shakes head in disgust*<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> On the 16th December I'm having a celebratory 'the-wait-is-over!' bonfire in my garden. I'll be cutting marshmallows into Denethor/Faramir shapes and acting out scenes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Meela, you’ll look silly attending that party all by yourself!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Those soundtrack clips are great!!(I'm listening to them now) I tried to download them earlier, but my computer got all messed up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*Refuses to listen*<P>By the way, it gives me great pride to announce to you that, beginning twelve days from the release date of RotK that I will introduce The 12 Days of Return of the King! *Silence* Like, the Christmas song? I did some Christmas songs last year that were hits...
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:08 PM   #258
skadork
Pile O'Bones

skadork has just left Hobbiton.
Gladness! I can breathe again!<P>Is it just me or is there excessive amounts of self-inflicted burns going on? you know, the time WILL come when you'll get to see the movie...you don't have to burn yourself to death!<P>---------------------------------------------<BR> Take the song, "Pressing On" by "Relient K". I mixed it with the trailer of TTT, and when Saruman says, "There will be no dawn for men", the wallblows up. I timed it just right so exactly at them moment the singer sings, "I'm pressing ooooooooooon!" and then the song gets loud and crazy.<BR>---------------------------------------------<P><BR> WOW! If I may...YAY for Relient K! But now I'm glad knowing that I'm not the only one who does things like that...I tend to be the type of person who knows a song for almost any word a person can say. Another songs to fit in there would be My Evil Plan to Save the World by Five Iron Frenzy. I'm quite done now...I have serious problems with rambling & random-ness.

longlive the amish!
skadork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:11 PM   #259
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Knight, not all of us are as sane as you are!!!! I just happen to be an avid pyromaniac and Denethor fan (although not as Denny-obsessed as Meela) who is also a bit of a masochist (I don't mind injuring myself. In fact, I can't get through the day without injuring myself at least once, and that too in a LotR-related incident). Yes, I am obsessed, and I'm PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:45 AM   #260
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Rival! Woohoo! *grrrrr*
Old 11-19-2003, 09:04 AM   #261
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*restrains Meela, so she can't attack Finwe* Stop Meela, before you do anything you might regret latter (or not)! I like Denny to! <BR>...<BR>Whoops, I shouldn't have said that, should I?<BR>*backs away slowly, while Meela turns around, growling*<BR> <BR>It's not what you think, Meela! *runs for cover*<P>Yeah, I'll stop now.<P>27 days till ROTK comes out! I'm getting really nervous now...<BR> <BR>What do you all think about *SPOILER* Saruman not being in ROTK? I understand PJ's decision, but I ain't likeing it!! <P>Navaer,<P>Aethelwine.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:05 AM   #262
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

No, I don't believe that was a very intelligent thing to say. How about this? I don't <I>like</I> Denethor, I just have a <I>strong admiration</I> for him. <P>PJ has been changing a lot of things, and some of them I definitely do NOT agree with (like *SPOILER* Faramir getting dragged back into Minas Tirith by his horse) but I still trust PJ and I think that he's an excellent director.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:45 PM   #263
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

More rivals! *grrrr*<P>I love that picture of Faramir being dragged back by his horse. It's rather touching.<P>I think Saruman and Grima should not be left out of Rotk. Fans of the movies who don't know the books may want to know his end and will not see it unless they see the extended version, and we don't yet know if they're in that. It's just confusing, and they could easily have put a small conclusional scene in of their fates.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:41 PM   #264
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Meela, I don't think anyone else likes Denethor <I>that</I> way! You're the only one weird enough. We just think Denethor's a neat character. <P>*squeeeee* My school library is going to have a LotR trivia game, and they put up a RotK poster! (I squeed and did a happy dance right there in front of everyone when I saw it) I must enter this contest! I wonder what the prizes are? Hmmm...
Old 11-20-2003, 03:04 PM   #265
Coriel
Pile O'Bones

Coriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coriel
Sting

wow, its been so very long since i've last been to barrowdowns...<P>i'm really excited of the new movie coming out in december, i can't wait to see it <P>*sets down her famous carrotcake (with creamcheese icing and a picture of the one ring on it) for all to enjoy*
Old 11-20-2003, 04:03 PM   #266
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

*sigh* The soundtrack comes out next Tuesday! I'm so excited, I can't wait to hear the whole thing! *squeeee!*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-21-2003, 06:22 PM   #267
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Man, I don't need a support group now, just be there for me after I see the RotK! I just know that I will walk out of the theater crying! Plus I'll be really mad about the little things that have been changed. Anyway-no more LOTR in theaters! I won't make it!
Old 11-22-2003, 08:17 PM   #268
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Yum, carrotcake! *eats a piece* <P>Does Denethor have different coloured eyes? It seemed to me he has one blue eye and one green eye, but it might have been the light. Yep, I saw TTT EE! It will help me survive until December 17. Or maybe a little later, I might not be able to see it until December 20. That's the longest I'll have to wait though! Better than TTT, I had to wait a week after it came out!
Old 11-22-2003, 10:53 PM   #269
Minyataurien
Pile O'Bones

Minyataurien has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

*takes bits of all food compiled on thread*<BR>ooo... can't wait!<BR>hope PJ did a good job, i'm a little worried. just got to trust he'll hold through. 25 days...too much suspense!!<P>*wonders if Meela will ever find another Denethor fan*
Old 11-23-2003, 07:21 AM   #270
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I've met about 4 or 5 other Denethor fans, one fangirl (who I scared into not being a fangirl) and 3 or 4 'admirers'.<P>I'm the only true Denethor addict and fangirl.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:50 AM   #271
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I like Denny too! No, just kidding Meela! <P>I love carrot cake!<P>Ooh, I didn't know about the Faramir and horse bit, that's going to be...um...interesting. I am NOT going to read ROTK before it comes out, because I expect I'll be weeping with frustration or something. That's the good thing about the spoilers. I get to prepare myself. I need to, because I'm only allowed to see this one twice! My mum only wanted me to see it once, but my dad twisted her arm (just like with letting me watch the Rugby World Cup Final instead of going skating)
Old 11-23-2003, 10:47 AM   #272
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I started crying at the end of The Two Towers again last night when I was watching. *sniffle sniffle* I have a really strong feeling that I'll be bawling like a baby after Return of the King is over because: (1) It's going to be an absolutely MAGNIFICENT movie (Almost everyone already thinks it's going to win the Oscar for Best Picture); and (2) It's going to be OVER!!!! No more LotR movies!!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 10:16 PM   #273
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

We are seriously getting down to the wire, folks. Unless I am wrong, the RotK soundtrack is out now?! YES!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> WOW! If I may...YAY for Relient K! But now I'm glad knowing that I'm not the only one who does things like that...I tend to be the type of person who knows a song for almost any word a person can say. Another songs to fit in there would be My Evil Plan to Save the World by Five Iron Frenzy. I'm quite done now...I have serious problems with rambling & random-ness.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Skadork, fear not, you are not alone on this board. And I think you know what I mean. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Knight, not all of us are as sane as you are!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thank goodness you aren’t in the service of the White City like me too! Though it’s rumored that not everyone in the city is sane...say, our Steward? The dude’s been spending a lot of time with some sort of gigantic marble lately....most unhealthy if you ask me.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> What do you all think about *SPOILER* Saruman not being in ROTK? I understand PJ's decision, but I ain't likeing it!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I can sort of understand it. I agreed with leaving all the extended stuff beyond The Stories that Meant Something, because the sweetness of the moment would have died away slightly. I think, if they could do it over, they’d want to put the Saruman stuff in TTT:EE. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> PJ has been changing a lot of things, and some of them I definitely do NOT agree with (like *SPOILER* Faramir getting dragged back into Minas Tirith by his horse) but I still trust PJ and I think that he's an excellent director.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I still give him a lot of credit for LotR. Folks are mad at changes he made, but people just don’t understand you can’t translate the entire book on to the screen. And the Faramir thing actually sounds okay. Instead of riding back after the Nazgûl attack, he’s dragged back, wounded. This probably is also so that we won’t have to follow Faramir’s path on the battlefield.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *squeeeee* My school library is going to have a LotR trivia game, and they put up a RotK poster! (I squeed and did a happy dance right there in front of everyone when I saw it) I must enter this contest! I wonder what the prizes are? Hmmm... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why do you people go “squeeee” without an “L”?<P>You really should ask for that poster when the library is done with it, Elennar. I’ve been able to get a fair amount of goodies by asking for them when they’re done. The sneaky, filthy treacherous jerks, they’ll just throw them away otherwise, often times!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *sets down her famous carrotcake (with creamcheese icing and a picture of the one ring on it) for all to enjoy*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*Stares dismally at cake* Don’t care for carrot cake.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm only allowed to see this one twice! My mum only wanted me to see it once, but my dad twisted her arm (just like with letting me watch the Rugby World Cup Final instead of going skating)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know how you feel, Elentári! My parents weren’t thrilled with how IN to LotR I was, and when I wanted to watch FotR: EE instead of White Christmas, it was nearly the end! But thankfully we were still able to go to the theater the NEXT MORNING. That was a close one.<P>I only saw TTT twice, but I saw FotR five times. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I started crying at the end of The Two Towers again last night when I was watching. *sniffle sniffle* I have a really strong feeling that I'll be bawling like a baby after Return of the King is over because: (1) It's going to be an absolutely MAGNIFICENT movie (Almost everyone already thinks it's going to win the Oscar for Best Picture); and (2) It's going to be OVER!!!! No more LotR movies!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>EVERYONE says that this movie will be a tear-jerker. Elijah Wood, Dan Henna, Sala Baker, all sorts of folks.<P>Can’t wait...21 days left! (19 hours, 00 minutes...)
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 12:01 AM   #274
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Sting

It better be a tear-jerker, I expect it to be (You don't know how much tissue I will be bringing to the theater on the 17). I just need though to try not to expect too much of just one film. I think it will be wonderful though, and it will most definitely win the Best Picture Oscar <P>Only 21 days!
Old 11-25-2003, 02:42 AM   #275
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I hope it will win best picture...but apparently Cold Mountain is expected to be a contender or something...I dunno. Is that even its name?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Why do you people go “squeeee” without an “L”? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I was thinking that too, Knight!<P>I can't WAIT til this film comes out...I want to see if it will make me cry... Nothing makes me cry... Well nothing since the Lion King anyway...
Old 11-25-2003, 09:52 AM   #276
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

There can be no contender for the Best Picture Award, with our beloved Return of the King!!!!!! All other contenders must fall into shadow!!!! And since they're not Maiar, I'm counting on the fact that they won't return. <P>I just can't believe that it's all going to be over on December 17th this year. It seems like after one movie is over, then there is another to look forward to for the next year. But then again, PJ might end up making The Hobbit into a movie, and if he does, then that should come out in a year or two. Ah well, I'm going to console myself by watching previews of "Troy" and waiting for that one to come out. (If the real Paris looked ANYTHING like Orlando Bloom, heck, why wait for him to kidnap me? I'd kidnap HIM!!!! )
Old 11-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #277
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

yes, Cold Mountain is it's name. i saw the trailer the other day and, my darlings, i hate to break it to you, but IT LOOKED AMAZING. i was sitting there breathless by the end of the trailer and it is far more Oscar-y than LOTR. however, i still think ROTK has a chance. i'm hoping they will concentrate on getting the actors nominations again this time- i can't believe Kelley didn't win for FOTR.<P>anyway, more good news, Cold Mountain doesn't really have any contenders for best actor or supposrting actor. it is very strong in the actress category (where LOTR is undoubtedly weak) but the only man who could qualify is Jude Law and i don't think he'll win. so far the only other other contender for actor i can work out is Tom Cruise for The Last Samurai.<P>ah! Troy! i love that shot of all the boats.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:05 PM   #278
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Why do you people go “squeeee” without an “L”? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Because when you actually squeal, it sounds like "squeeee." <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> You really should ask for that poster when the library is done with it, Elennar. I’ve been able to get a fair amount of goodies by asking for them when they’re done. The sneaky, filthy treacherous jerks, they’ll just throw them away otherwise, often times! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks for the suggestion, I will do that!<P>How I'm surviving: Obsessively watching every last scrap of extra features on the TTT EE DVD, in order. Took me two days just to get through 'Designing and Building Middle-Earth,' but since I don't have school for a while now, I should be able to get through it all more quickly. Wait a minute, is that a good thing? I'll be done sooner, which means I'll have to find something else to do!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:49 PM   #279
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Okay, who has the Soundtrack?!?!?! So awesome, if you don't have it, get it! It's great! (tracks 5 and 11, expecially)<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-27-2003, 12:02 AM   #280
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Okay, who has the Soundtrack?!?!?! So awesome, if you don't have it, get it! It's great! (tracks 5 and 11, expecially) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*tears* I can't get it! I have to wait to get it for Christmas, because I need to save my money to buy people holiday presents... *sniffle* I've heard a lot of good things about it, though...<P>*grabs some carrot cake* Only 19 days left! That sounds so....Not far away! Oh the torture!