The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
Ashbranch
Pile O'Bones

Ashbranch has just left Hobbiton.
Hello from the Shire!

Greetings everyone! I thought it was high time I joined this forum and I look forward to some interesting and in-depth discussions. Here's a bit about me: I was brought up, and still live about half a mile from Tolkien's childhood stomping ground of Sarehole Mill and Moseley Bog, and because of this I feel an intimate, personal connection with his works, which exist in the very landscape around here - not to mention local tales and stories about Tolkien himself. Because of this connection I have been inspired, over many years, to make an extensive study of the connections between the Legendarium and real history and mythology, and some of the fruits of this research are presented on my website Three Rings for the Elven Kings, linked below. There are many issues raised here, not least that of canon, and I look forward to debating all of them.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow, excellent work on that site, Ashbranch, and welcome to the Downs. I especially like what you did with the listing of all the kings of Men in order of their rule.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Ashbranch
Pile O'Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Wow, excellent work on that site, Ashbranch, and welcome to the Downs. I especially like what you did with the listing of all the kings of Men in order of their rule.
Thank you! Yes, there's a lot of info on that page.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hello! Welcome to the 'Downs! Definitely looks like you'll have a lot to contribute here.

Just to let you know, there is a thread on which new members can introduce themselves here. (This thread will probably end up deleted.)
Old 09-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
Ashbranch
Pile O'Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Hello! Welcome to the 'Downs! Definitely looks like you'll have a lot to contribute here.

Just to let you know, there is a thread on which new members can introduce themselves here. (This thread will probably end up deleted.)
Okay thanks for letting me know.
Closed Thread