The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Edain survivor

Since there was a thread for elves, I'll make one for Edain.

Nominating Turin, Nienor and Lalaith (Long live la familia!)

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Are you going to put up a list of names? Or are our only choices your family? If so,

++Lalaith
Old 02-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Silmaril

No, you put up a list of names. Nominate,like I did.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #4
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I thought you vote people out...

Well, then, I nominate Hurin and Morwen. They're my favourite first age edain (it's only first age, right? Since in the 3rd they're not pure Edain anymore, for the most part).
Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I thought you vote people out...

Well, then, I nominate Hurin and Morwen. They're my favourite first age edain (it's only first age, right? Since in the 3rd they're not pure Edain anymore, for the most part).
You're correct, Galadriel. This is another round of Hurt and Heal (though for some reason Urwen saw fit to change the name of the game). You can find the last round here if you have any questions about how to play. You are, though, correct. We just have to nominate people before we can kill them off.

I second Lalaith and Hurin.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I nominate Haleth and Brandir and second Túrin and Nienor.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #7
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I second Haleth and nominate Barahir and Gorlim.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #8
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Silmaril

I second Gorlim and nominate Eilinel (so that he won't be alone)

Old 02-25-2011, 03:44 AM   #9
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I second Brandir and nominate Tuor.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Can you nominate twice? If so, Hour and Emeldir. And a third Turin. And a second Barahir.

If I'm not allowed to do this, just ignore this post.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
TPotSS
Animated Skeleton

TPotSS has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I second/third/whatever the following- Hurin! Huor! Morwen! Turin!

I nominate- Hador! Marach! Beor! Aradan! Amlach!

Last edited by TPotSS; 02-26-2011 at 01:24 PM.
TPotSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Since Urwen hasn't bothered to post the Rules, here's what we worked with last time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Roolz, as per Hurt and Heal VIII
When nominating contestants, each player is allowed a maximum of three nominations and three secondings.
Nominated contestants must be seconded/thirded by two other players to be elected.*
The game starts when 20 contestants have been elected (=nominated, seconded and thirded).*

From 20 to 7 - each player has 3 votes: 2 hurts and 1 heal. Double hurts are allowed.

From 6 to 4 - each player has 3 votes: 2 hurts and 1 heal. Double hurts ar not allowed: a player has to hurt 2 different characters and heal one, or he may use only 1 hurt and 1 heal.

When but 3 characters are left each player has either a hurt or a heal.

Wait for at least three posters to vote prior to you voting again.
[*added by me; these weren't posted on the thread, but that's how we did it, IIRC.]

If you want to change these, Urwen, that's fine of course, this being your thread, but then you should say what your rules are.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:51 AM   #13
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Just summing things up...

So, as for now we have for certain, in any case:

Túrin (+2) - the first contestant to be in for sure
Nienor (+1)
Lalaith (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen
Haleth (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Tuor

And what Pitch said about the rules, that's a good point. Urwen, I think it's basically your call, since it's your thread. If we go by the previous rules, then Urwen's nomination of Eiliniel wouldn't count (but if it's not done, I can as well nominate her). Likewise, in such a case G55 should decide whether she wants to nominate "Hour" or Emeldir (she can do it for one of them, if I am counting right) and she has still one "seconding" of somebody left. Captain Jean-Luc should choose which three out of those four/five to second/nominate.

And when I am at it, I third Haleth, so make it:

Haleth (+2) - the second person to get into the contest for sure.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #14
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Also, speaking of it... maybe 20 contestants is a bit too much for us, don't you think? Especially if by Edain we mean just the First-Age Three Houses, then we can basically throw in almost everybody. So maybe the number of contestants could be lowered for this purpose? To, say, 15?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Between Emeldir and Huor, I choose the latter one.

So it's:

Túrin (+2)
Nienor (+1)
Lalaith (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen
Haleth (+2)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Tuor
Huor

TPotSS should decide which ones he'll vote for.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 02-26-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #16
TPotSS
Animated Skeleton

TPotSS has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okay then, I will second Morwen, and I will nominate Hador and Marach, two of the great patriarchs of the Edain.

IN
Túrin
Haleth

NOMINATED
Nienor (+1)
Lalaith (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Marach

Last edited by TPotSS; 02-26-2011 at 01:23 PM.
TPotSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:05 AM   #17
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, so let me give my last seconding to Marach, and I am nominating Aerin (no idea how could I have forgotten about her until now!).

IN
Túrin
Haleth

NOMINATED
Nienor (+1)
Lalaith (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Aerin
Old 02-27-2011, 06:06 AM   #18
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Silmaril

I second Nienor and Lalaith, and nominate Eilinel

IN
Túrin
Haleth

NOMINATED
Nienor (+2)
Lalaith (+2)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Aerin
Eilinel

Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #19
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I give my last seconding to Aerin (how could we have forgotten her?!)

IN
Túrin
Haleth
Nienor
Lalaith (these two are in, aren't they?)

NOMINATED

Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Aerin (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Eilinel

EDIT: just realised - Urwen, so how any people are we allowed to nominate? you've nominated 4...

Last edited by Galadriel55; 02-27-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #20
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Silmaril

I give my last seconding to Aerin (how could we have forgotten her?!)

IN
Túrin
Haleth
Nienor
Lalaith (these two are in, aren't they?)

NOMINATED

Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Aerin (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Eilinel

Quote:
EDIT: just realised - Urwen, so how any people are we allowed to nominate? you've nominated 4...
Four.

And yes, Haleth and Hin Hurin are all in.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #21
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

We're allowed to noinate four people? Do we have 4 secondings too? I'm totally confused...

My fourth person is Emeldir.

IN
Túrin
Haleth
Nienor
Lalaith

NOMINATED

Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Aerin (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Eilinel
Emeldir
Old 02-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #22
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Four nominations, whatever, but Urwen, you have actually seconded your own nominees (Nienor and Lalaith), like, ? Okay, it's your thread, but it sort of loses the point, I think?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #23
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Four nominations, whatever, but Urwen, you have actually seconded your own nominees (Nienor and Lalaith), like, ? Okay, it's your thread, but it sort of loses the point, I think?
My sentiments exactly. If the rules are "Anything Urwen does goes" there's no real competition.

Anyway, I nominate Beren (somebody has to) and Andreth. Not sure how many secondings I've got left...
Old 02-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Urwen, can you please list all the rules down in one post, so that it is possible to understand what we have to do? You want to change the rules Pitch quoted, so please list all the changes before everyone starts the game.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:17 AM   #25
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
It seems I still have a couple of secondings, so I'll go ahead and second Andreth and Eilinel.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #26
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I say we should just stick to the old rules, because that way there are no questions on what is correct and no one can change the rules to better fit their own preferences. Most of the old threads have stuck to the original rules, so I think it should stay the same for this round. Does anyone else agree with this?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #27
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I say we should just stick to the old rules, because that way there are no questions on what is correct and no one can change the rules to better fit their own preferences. Most of the old threads have stuck to the original rules, so I think it should stay the same for this round. Does anyone else agree with this?
I would, also because Urwen does not seem to respond just now (although maybe she will show up still later and if so and if you have something to say to the rules, Urwen, you should say it somewhere plainly and all together summed up, so that we can know: how many nominations and how many secondings do you want people to have. Surely that is not such a big deal to post that in a few words, so that everybody can know it for sure). But still I think at least the "seconding your own nominations" really takes away the point, so that should not be done.

In any case: if Urwen insisted, and others were okay with it, about people having four nominations (and four secondings?), then the current state of things would be:

IN
Túrin
Haleth

NOMINATED
Nienor (+1)
Lalaith (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Aerin (+1)
Andreth (+1)
Eilinel (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Emeldir
Beren

If we go by the original idea (3 nominations, 3 secondings), then the list will look like this:

IN
Túrin
Haleth

NOMINATED
Nienor (+1)
Lalaith (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Aerin (+1)
Andreth (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Beren

And since in such a case Eilinel hasn't been nominated by anyone, Loslote would still have one seconding left (and the rest of you can check for yourselves if anything has changed for you, I think not really).

Anyway, in both cases, I ask all people to check for themselves how many nominations/secondings they have left.

This should probably be decided soon, so that we don't just get stuck on this: so let's say if a few more people post their opinion on this, we could move on. Looking at the list (with everybody having one nomination), I am somehow thinking whether the "four"-way wouldn't be better after all, in case there aren't so many people playing (as I fear a bit of ending with having players with zero secondings and each character having one vote). So what do you others say...
Old 02-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #28
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I agree, Sally.

Urwen, if we stick to the plan, you can't vote Eilinel, and you'll have to give your secondings to other people's characters.

Pitch, if we follow the old rules, you'll have to get rid of one of your characters (you nominated 4), and you still have 1 seconding.

Lottie, I'm not sure your secondings will work - that will depend on who is chosen. You still have one nomination, though.

This is what we have. The ones I marked with *stars* are the questionable ones, with explanations in [brackets]. They might be eliminated, depending on the rules or the choices of the nominator.

IN

Turin (Urwen, Pitch, and G55)
Haleth (Pitch, Lottie, Legate)
*Nienor (Urwen, Pitch, *Urwen*[her own nominee])
*Lalaith (Urwen, Sally, *Urwen*[see above])

NOMINATED

Hurin (G55, Sally)
Morwen (G55, TPotSS)
Huor (G55)
Brandir (Pitch, Legate)
Barahir (Lottie, G55)
Gorlim (Lottie, Urwen)
Tuor (Legate)
Hador (TPotSS)
Marach (TPotSS, Legate)
Aerin (Legate, G55)
Eilinel (*Urwen*[4th nominee], *Lottie*[if Urwen's isn't valid, you can't second it])
Andreth (*Pitch*[possibly 4th nominee], *Lottie*[see above])
Emeldir (*G55*[4th nominee-will be discarded if we stick to the original rules])
Beren (*Pitch*[possibly 4th nominee])

Legate, Lottie, and TPotSS have another nomination each.
Me, Pitch, and Urwen each nominated 4 people.
Pitch and Sally have one seconding left.
TPotSS has 2 secondings left.
Lottie might have another one or two secondings, depending on who is nominated.

If I've made a mistake somewhere, please correct me.

Edit: x'd with Legate (yeah, it took me a while to check all this)

Last edited by Galadriel55; 02-28-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #29
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Alright then, I'm rather fond of Andreth as a character, so if Pitchie can't nominate her, I would.

But just throwing this out there - at the moment, we have only eighteen nominated characters. If we limit the number to three, we'd end up with fifteen exactly - so assuming that more people don't start nominating and such, that'd basically be our list there, no questions asked. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more options.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:17 AM   #30
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Silmaril

Eilinel is my fourth nominee. There would be four nominations and four secondings.

As for Nienor and Lalaith, I want them in.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:27 AM   #31
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Pitch, if we follow the old rules, you'll have to get rid of one of your characters (you nominated 4), and you still have 1 seconding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Alright then, I'm rather fond of Andreth as a character, so if Pitchie can't nominate her, I would.
Oh yes, I knew I made some mistake - I miscounted the people Pitch had nominated. Sorry about that. Anyway, what Lottie said would solve it in any case. Though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Eilinel is my fourth nominee. There would be four nominations and four secondings.

As for Nienor and Lalaith, I want them in.
Okay, I would say, also with what Lottie said and what I have said earlier, let's have four nominations and secondings for this game. It seems rather sensible under these circumstances, and there seems to be generally support for it, or at least not outright disagreement.

As for the latter: well, Urwen, then you have to wait and hope that people will second them. Maybe you can nicely ask them if they wouldn't vote for your favourites.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #32
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hey, all right, somebody has to make "the cut", right?

I am going to post this here as the "official rules" so that people will be able to continue in the game from now on. If anybody disagrees with this, then you can raise your voice later, but until that happens and unless somebody raises some convincing argument against it, we shall go normally by these rules:

OFFICIAL RULES FOR THIS THREAD:

Everyone has four nominations and four secondings. You cannot second the person you have nominated.

A nominated person with two secondings gets into the contest.

IN
Túrin
Haleth

NOMINATED
Nienor (+1)
Lalaith (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Aerin (+1)
Andreth (+1)
Eilinel (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Emeldir
Beren

Remaining votes (nominations/secondings):
Urwen: 0/3
Galadriel55: 0/1
Sally: 4/2
Pitch: 0/2
Lottie: 2/1
Legate: 2/1
TPotSS: 2/3 (I didn't count in your original four secondings, just the Morwen one which you said also later, because even though according to these rules you could now second four people, Túrin is now in, so it would be an unnecessary waste of vote, so I find it the best if you manage it by yourself and use your votes as you see fit now...)

If I have miscounted something, please correct me (but at least by comparing the number of people who are in and number of votes dealt with the number of votes people have left, it seems to fit, so that should be right).
Old 03-01-2011, 05:07 AM   #33
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Silmaril

Seconding Andreth.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #34
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Andreth is the third one in! And I might as well just second Lalaith, so she's in too. Happy now, Urwen?

IN
Túrin
Haleth
Andreth
Lalaith

NOMINATED
Nienor (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Aerin (+1)
Eilinel (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Emeldir
Beren
Old 03-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #35
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Thumbs up

No.

But if someone seconded Nienor, then yes...

Old 03-02-2011, 05:32 AM   #36
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I nominate Dorlas.

And, for that matter, the folk of the Gaurwaith also count among the Edain, right? At least with most of them, it is said that they were originally from some of the Three Houses. Well, who in the Beleriand wasn't, anyway! So I have no idea why neither of them has been nominated yet? They are great!

So my last nomination will be Andróg, who is just a wonderful character.

IN
Túrin
Haleth
Andreth
Lalaith

NOMINATED
Nienor (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Morwen (+1)
Brandir (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Aerin (+1)
Eilinel (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Emeldir
Beren
Dorlas
Andróg
Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #37
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The Eye

Okay okay I'm posting here.

I nominate Sador Labadal and Hunthor.

I second Andróg, Morwen, Aerin and Brandir.

Which makes it:

IN
Túrin
Haleth
Andreth
Lalaith
Morwen
Aerin
Brandir

NOMINATED
Nienor (+1)
Húrin (+1)
Barahir (+1)
Gorlim (+1)
Marach (+1)
Eilinel (+1)
Andróg (+1)
Tuor
Huor
Hador
Emeldir
Beren
Dorlas
Sador
Hunthor
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #38
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

My last two secondings go to Aerin and... hrum, hram, hrom, let's not be hasty, but... yes, Andróg, I think. Definitely Andróg.

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy. Darn, wish I'd seen this! Can somebody please second Sador for me? Please?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #39
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Pitch, I think those last seconding of yours don't count (= you can make new ones) because we crossposted.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #40
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'll count Pitch's Aerin seconding to be for Sador. As for me, I'll be seconding some very deserving folks, and frankly I'm disappointed that they aren't in already. I mean, really people!

Hurin (Named the greatest of all mortal warriors, and performer of perhaps the greatest athletic feat in the history of Middle Earth!)
Hador (The greatest of the houses of the Edain is actually NAMED AFTER HIM! How is he not in already?!)
Marach (The source material of 90% of the awesomeness that was the Edain and later Numenor and Gondor.)

IN
Túrin
Haleth
Andreth
Lalaith
Morwen
Aerin
Brandir
Andróg
Hurin
Marach

NOMINATED