The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2008, 07:55 AM   #3041
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeja View Post
Hello all
I am new here.I am sreeja.I am from India.Nice to meet you all.This forum looks nice.Hope i can enjoy stay.

Namaste, sreeja. Apse milkar mujhe bahut kushi hui! Mere nam Elfchick hai. (That's about all the Hindi that i know.) Welcome to the Barrowdowns.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #3042
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420!

Well, welcome to the Downs sreeja!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #3043
Prince of Dol Amroth

Tolkien Hello

I have only just discoverd this forum and now at last can use my extensive knowledge of the Lotr.

Anyway Im a student doing a degree in theology .

I have taken the name of Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth because he is a character I really like plus he was left out of the movie so I try to use his name whereever I can. Lol.

Im a bit unsure this forum seems rather complicated so if I make a mistake forgive me.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #3044
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The forum will seem very simple once you start posting. Welcome, Prince of Dol Amroth!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #3045
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Dol Amroth View Post
I have only just discoverd this forum and now at last can use my extensive knowledge of the Lotr.

Anyway Im a student doing a degree in theology .

I have taken the name of Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth because he is a character I really like plus he was left out of the movie so I try to use his name whereever I can. Lol.

Im a bit unsure this forum seems rather complicated so if I make a mistake forgive me.
Don't worry, Prince of Dol Amroth! As Groin said, you will find a way to orientate here in time. If I can serve with personal experience, try to start posting in one forum part, or one thread you like, and you will slowly get used to the forum and by yourself, find the will to expand into other forums.

And btw, take this also as a welcome from a student of the same branch.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:06 AM   #3046
Judicomber

White Tree newbie!!!

I am a new member to the group! My name is Curunír of the High Ones of Arda! However as I keep forgetting it I will stay with my non Wizarding name!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:26 AM   #3047
MaultheStoor
Animated Skeleton

Location: The cave under the Misty Mountains. Just take a wrong turn in the goblin's tunnels.
MaultheStoor is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
'Ey. I'm a newbie, and I'm already bad at this whole...forum thing. My name is Maul, and I'm a short, blond female with severe mulitple personality disorder (just kidding). My favorite characher is Smeagol, and I an a geek.

See? You made him mad.

Last edited by MaultheStoor; 03-13-2008 at 06:32 AM. Reason: I misspelled Smeagol. Curse you, A and E, you always get me mixed up!
MaultheStoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #3048
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Welcome, Judicomber and MaultheStoor! Enjoy being dead, it's really... morbid.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 AM   #3049
MaultheStoor
Animated Skeleton

Location: The cave under the Misty Mountains. Just take a wrong turn in the goblin's tunnels.
"Newly deceased." It sounds like we're giving a speech here. "Newly Deceased, we are gathered here today to fight under the bond of Aragorn's sword. If there is anyone who has a reason dead people shouldn't fight, speak now so we can rip your soul into peices." or something like that.

See? You made him mad.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 AM   #3050
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaultheStoor View Post
"Newly deceased." It sounds like we're giving a speech here. "Newly Deceased, we are gathered here today to fight under the bond of Aragorn's sword. If there is anyone who has a reason dead people shouldn't fight, speak now so we can rip your soul into peices." or something like that.
We are all nice here, we won't make you fight or rip your soul into pieces... I promise.... See, we even have a smiley like this to demontsrate it...
Old 03-13-2008, 06:54 AM   #3051
MaultheStoor
Animated Skeleton

I know. I was refering to the way those ghosts fought for Aragorn because he was the king.

See? You made him mad.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #3052
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Welcome to the Barrow Downs MaultheStoor and Judicomber!
Old 03-14-2008, 03:35 AM   #3053
sindaadvialwen
Newly Deceased

sindaadvialwen is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Send a message via MSN to sindaadvialwen
White Tree the begining of a beautiful friendship..

hey everyone... my name is sindaadvialwen... its a nice lil forum u have going here... neway... hope 2 chat 2 some of u soon.... if u want 2 know nething just ask...lol... neway... have a good 1!!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #3054
Curufin
Newly Deceased

Curufin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Curufin Send a message via MSN to Curufin
Silmaril Greetings!

Hello, everyone...

I'm Curufin, and I've been quite active on another RP board that has recently had some problems with, er, Nazgúl, so I thought I'd find myself a refuge from that. Found this place and thought it looked pretty nice!

I've been a fan of Tolkien for some years now. I've read Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, the Silmarillion, and most of the HoME. My favorite texts are The Silmarillion, The Shibboleth of Fëanor, Laws and Customs among the Eldar, and my very favorite: Athrabeth Finrod Ah Andreth. I'm know most about the Noldor, and I must admit I lose interest in the Silmarillion after men and dwarves and hobbits appear.

Chose this name for several reasons - mainly because I like the guy and think a lot of people rag on him for no reason! Of course, I suppose that's debatable.

Looking forward to talking to everyone!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #3055
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Greetings, Curufin... welcome here, hope you will find this place good for you and that you will settle down here. Feel free to explore the forum, you'll find out how things work around here... And btw nice name, although I liked Celegorm more
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #3056
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Greetings, Curufin!

Good to see the force of the Sons of Fëanor strengthened in this place!

Feel free to explore the forum, just like Legate already said, and I hope you'll feel at home here.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #3057
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Welcome to the downs Curufin. May your death be long and merry.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #3058
Orangeblossom
Newly Deceased

Orangeblossom has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hello everyone!

I guess I'm the newest sack of bones to join this site. I stumbled upon it today and thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. I'm a member of a few other RP-sites as well and enjoy meeting new people.
Orangeblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #3059
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Welcome to the 'Downs Orangeblossom! If you're an RPer feel free to join in, but make sure you check out all the other areas as well! Hope to see you here for a long time to come.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #3060
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Greetings and salivations.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #3061
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Greetings and salivations.
Down, boy.

Welcome to the Downs, Orangeblossom! I'm Sally. Nice to meet you.

[shifty eyes] If you've ever played Werewolf before, feel free to sign up for Nogrod, aka Noggie's game on the Middle Earth Mirth section. It should prove entertaining. [/shifty eyes]

Anyway, enjoy yourself!

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #3062
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Down, boy.
It's supposed to be funny. Because "salivations" sounds kind of like "salutations" with different letters. Kind of.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 05-16-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #3063
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hehe. I know. Still sounds like you want to eat her though....
Old 05-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #3064
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Hi i'm Gil-Galad and i guess i'm back from my 1-2 month absence...
Old 05-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #3065
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
Hi i'm Gil-Galad and i guess i'm back from my 1-2 month absence...
GIL!!!! *pounces, then regains composure* We've missed you. Well, okay, I've missed you. *tries to convince Gil to sign up for Noggie's game* Lots of fun, I assure you. And we won't kill you this time, I promise....well, at least I won't kill you....unless you're a wolf....or I think you are....or unless I'M a wolf and I know you're not....erm, I should stop now, right? Right.

DISCLAIMER:
Yes, Sally is sleep deprived. Really sleep deprived. But it's Gil!
Old 05-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #3066
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
hmm... maybe the next game after Nogrods i'll join up... glad to see i was missed by one of the newer members heh...
Old 05-19-2008, 04:30 AM   #3067
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Well, you are the ever-lovable

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:14 AM   #3068
kementari
Haunting Spirit

kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to kementari
Silmaril Many Moons Ago

WOW!! Dejavu...I havent entered Barrow downs for 4 years!!

I often thought about popping in...but forgot. SO now I am christianed Gwyndevan, no more Kementari...I tried that name....but someone else is using it...

Have to work my butt off to make up lost time!!

Anybody want to write my english paper for uni?

Thought not

Peace out!

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo.
kementari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #3069
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

How did someone steal your name?
Old 05-21-2008, 02:34 AM   #3070
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Welcome back, Gwyndevan!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #3071
kementari
Haunting Spirit

kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to kementari
Silmaril Retrieved!

Yay! Fortunately for me, I get my original name back!!!

Thank you Barrow Wight!!

Namarie

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo.
kementari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #3072
Riewë
Newly Deceased

Location: I live everywhere and nowhere... Here and over there... Up in a tree, under a rock...
Riewë has just left Hobbiton.
¡Hola!

I'm Riewë.
I discovered this forum by accident when I was researching things about Old English and the Anglo-Saxons for fun. I just had to join!

I'm (half) Puerto Rican, but I only speak a little Spanish.
I never learned when I was little because my father was always gone due to the military. But luckily I'm learning it in school now!
Riewë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #3073
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Bienvenido, Riëwe. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 AM   #3074
Maedhros_the_Tall
Haunting Spirit

Location: North East of England, currently at university in South West Scotland.
Maedhros_the_Tall has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maedhros_the_Tall Send a message via Yahoo to Maedhros_the_Tall
Hello all! I'm Tom, or 'Maedhros_the_Tall' in the barrow downs, and I am utterly addicted to Tolkiens works! I stumbled onto this site whilst looking at a LOTR mod for Rome: Total War, and immediately signed up, as this was the sort of place I was looking for. A forum that debates Tolkiens literature!
Maedhros_the_Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #3075
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well if that was what you sought, you definitely came to the right place! Welcome, Maedhros, (_the_Tall ), and enjoy your stay here!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #3076
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up Welcome!

Welcome to the land of the dead Maedhros_the_Tall! I'm looking forward to running into you sometime in the forums!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #3077
Maedhros_the_Tall
Haunting Spirit

Location: North East of England, currently at university in South West Scotland.
Send a message via MSN to Maedhros_the_Tall Send a message via Yahoo to Maedhros_the_Tall
Thanks Amon, thanks Redbeard! Yes I hope to run into you at some point, hopefully I can add something constructive to a debate!!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #3078
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros_the_Tall View Post
Thanks Amon, thanks Redbeard! Yes I hope to run into you at some point, hopefully I can add something constructive to a debate!!
Let's hope so

(Amon... bah! Why do all the newbies call me Amon... [the other person who called me that was Gil-Galad ] )
Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #3079
Maedhros_the_Tall
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Let's hope so

(Amon... bah! Why do all the newbies call me Amon... [the other person who called me that was Gil-Galad ] )

Haha, I am terribly sorry Legate, or whatever you prefer to be addressed as! -bows in apology-
Old 06-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #3080
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Let's hope so

*chuckles* Legate, do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out who Amon was? *puts her Theodred wig on for effect* Woooow. I'm a FoaT.

By the way, welcome, Maedhros. I'm Sally (I say this before you start calling me Stan like Kath did for a bit )