Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2002, 12:50 PM   #161
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

HI, im sry this is really REALLY LATE!!!
But Elenna said i mite be able to join, so if you need another player, im all yours!!
So PM if i can join...
thanx

~Shadow
Old 09-30-2002, 03:27 PM   #162
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Mithadan, I've spoken to Thenamir and we both think it would be helpful if Shadow_Staar joined us. I really don't think Joy is coming back, and that just leaves me and Thena.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:41 PM   #163
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Done! Contact Shadow_Staar and introduce yourself. Give her an idea of what's going on and where things are going.

Thenamir, please contact Shadow_Staar as well. She may wish to read at least the basics from the Discussion thread, i.e. the backstories and the rules.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:33 AM   #164
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Everyone needs to remember to label your posts with your team title (i.e. * * * * Rhûn Nation * * * * *, ^^^^^^ Lonely Mountain ^^^^^, etc.)

Please use the edit feature to go back and add your title to each of the posts that are missing them.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2002, 12:20 PM   #165
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

As we're a bit more than 2 weeks into the game, I'd like to hear how everyone is doing? Comments, questions, complaints, concerns?
Old 10-04-2002, 01:54 PM   #166
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Has it been two weeks already? It feels like we just started!
Old 10-04-2002, 03:11 PM   #167
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

We practically HAVE just started - all of us at Rivendell haven't even gotten on the road yet!

And I for one am a bit confused about what the rest of you are doing - maybe we should all post a summary of our actions to date.

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: Elenna ]
Old 10-04-2002, 04:20 PM   #168
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Actually, next Tuesday will be day 15, so we're not quite two week into it yet. Still, it does seems as if the going has been slow.

Here's a summary of what's happened to the Rhûn Nation group.

Quote:
The Great Captain of Rhûn assigned his Chief Advisor, Kasteni, to respresent the Ozren people. Kasteni chose three warriors to accompany him, but he also brought an eleven-man cavalry guard for protection. They took a couple days to prepare and leave the city. On the evening of their first night out, within site of a safe haven along the highway, they were attacked by a pack of were-bears. Three of the horsemen were killed, but none of the characters were seriously injured. Presently, the survivors are fleeing the scene of the attack and hope to make it to the safety of the nearby highway hostel. They are still nowhere close to the lands familiar to the rest of the RPG groups.
[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 10-04-2002, 04:26 PM   #169
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

OK, here's Rivendell's summary.

Meneciriel, Elladan, Elrohir, and Fanelen are currently getting ready to leave for Minas Tirith. The group dynamics are a bit awkward, and we've spent a lot of time tripping over each other physically and figuratively. We were eating what we thought would be our last dinner in Rivendell when a hobbit messenger arrived requesting that we wait for the arrivals of the Shire and Blue Mountain delegations. Needless to say, nobody is very pleased with Meneciriel for agreeing, thus permitting dwarves to join the group.
Old 10-04-2002, 04:59 PM   #170
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

The Kingdom of Erebor Under the Mountain has spent some time defining itself and a regular posting routine, with the King finally deciding to join the journey. We are slowly but surely developing some good character interaction as we get to know each other. Two days ago, we set out for a three days' journey to a site predetermined for a fateful meeting with elves. Along the way we attempted a story contest, which was handled by some comic relief.

It wasn't the elves which caused our sorrow, but an accident with pony and wagon on a steep slope. Several of the party are bruised with minor injuries while one member was killed. We have yet to show final dwarven respects.

And we are wondering why the elves have not come forward to help with the accident and are shortly expecting the Men of Dale to appear. No one is exactly comfortable with this arrangement.

A long river trip down the Anduin appears on our horizon as the Mirkwood isn't our cup of tea, so we will be discovering what kind of sea legs dwarves have.

Bethberry,
press secretary for
Thorin III Stonehelm
Old 10-04-2002, 05:53 PM   #171
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes... Bethberry has about summed it up for us poor old Erebor dwarves. How many days do we have? I lost count a while back..

Quote:
When you're all alone in the lands of forever, lay under the Milky Way. On and on, its getting too late out. I'm not alone this time, this night
Aylwen
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2002, 06:05 PM   #172
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

45, wasn't it?

The Shire delegation is riding down the Old Forest Road. The younger Hobbits seem to have developed a conspiracy of comfort and muffins against their leader, who's been less than absolutely friendly to them.

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 10-04-2002, 06:17 PM   #173
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Dale, Eryn Lasgalen and The Lonely Mountain group are now seven days journey from the Anduin. Once they reach the River, barring any problems (mwahaha! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] ) they will be 15 days travel time from Minas Anor!
Old 10-06-2002, 01:34 PM   #174
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Carnëiach has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Carnëiach
Eye

yup thats right, a conspiracy of muffins, the best type!

anyway, sorry about the delay getting to you Elenna, were going slow so the dwarves can catch up...which they should be doing soon...VERY soon...
Dwarves; can you do a sort of time laps thing to get you here soon? see, weve been travelling for 2 weeks and arent even that far from the shire! Im not going to post yet, as its going to be a bit samey until you get here...pleeeeease hurry up!
Old 10-06-2002, 04:36 PM   #175
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Calling all men of Dale and elves of Mirkwood,

Now, we have to regroup and discuss some things here, since the three contingents have just repelled the giant spiders.

Birdie, how are you going to handle the lost of your plucky elven lass? I say you guys need to take the upper hand here in leading the discussion.

Pio, are the men of Dale ever going to say anything to the dwarves and elves?

BTW, Ms-I'm-doing-the-disasters-in-place-of-Mithadan,
doesn't it strike you as a tad over-reaching to claim that the spiders got ALL the horses and ponies? *grins*

I'm assuming that we discuss the forward movement here, but if Dale and Mirkwood don't reply, then Erebor will move us forward.

Bethberry
Old 10-06-2002, 04:47 PM   #176
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Dwarves

If you will re-read the last spider line - not ALL are going to be eaten but you must decide whether you want to take the time to chase them, or not.

Sorry if the onslaught of the spiders surprised you - It was probably my mistake in thinking the mentors could throw obstacles in for their group.

Would you like me to remove the battle scenes and we'll regroup on the road, half-way to the Ford? I have no problem editing what I've written.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:14 PM   #177
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I for one liked the Spider attack. It was very exciting.

I don't see why the Mentors can't create obstacles, but I suppose it's ultimately up to Mithadan.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:14 PM   #178
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, let's not forget the visiting contingent from Dale in Harad: Jarl and Garlin, and the Harad trade rep, Gramil.

Jarl and Gramil met by accident when Jarl was learning to ride oliphaunts.

The King Fuinur bungled the meeting with Jarl, leaving him to wait at his hotel for a month, no contact, then skipping town to capture ships. At least Jarl's assistant, Garlin got to see the bazaar - a wild sight it is. Gramil tried to get out of being the trade contact (he's retired), but was unable. Gramil's sent his family/staff (hello nepotism) to gather supplies for the trip to Nurn & then Minas Arnor. Gramil and Jarl have both paid spies to gather information on eachother. Ethar, Gramil's assistant, is spying on Gramil for Urken the Bear of Umbar. Jarl and Gramil met formally at the world's worst party. Ethar and Garlin got into trouble with a Rhunian free-sword. Garlin saved Ethar's neck, but the city guard came after them. Garlin nearly got roughed up by the guard for looking like someone of Gondor. And the merchants are ticked off about the damage done to their tent during the fight with the free-sword. Everyone's agreed it's time to get out of dodge. We're going to Nurn. Tomorrow. Finally.
Old 10-06-2002, 07:05 PM   #179
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Oh, I agree completely, Susan, that the spider attack is great. And of course the mentors can throw in obstacles for their kingdoms. Earlier, I had added an accident for my dwarves. The problem is one of coordinating three different kingdoms and communicating our intentions.

I had assumed that this was just an adventure along the way and, like Barrow Wight with his attack of the were-bears, was expecting the battle to last longer. I had posted accordingly and was PMing strategy to the dwarves. However, Pio was using the attack as a wakeup call to her contingent which is slow to post. When they didn't post, they were penalized. However, the Erebor dwarves were posting. They were caught in the "friendly fire", so to speak. That was the basis of my comments.

We need some "forward scouts", LOL, to help direct this thing if the three kingdoms are going to travel together.

Bethberry
Old 10-06-2002, 07:12 PM   #180
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Harad/Umbar

We have finally captured our ships and will be moving out of the port at Umbar. We have lost one of our two kings due to non-posting, but are dragging his character along. Perhaps, we will make a suitable "sacrifice" somewhere along the way. That means it's just myself and Alk. interacting which makes the posting slow at times. Maril is travelling the Nurn route with Jrl of Dale plus Urken's spy.

However, as we'll be travelling by sailing ship, we should make some good time: 7.2 miles per hour (per the Atlas when going against the current), 24 hours a day, for a total of about 950 miles. That would be 175 miles per day. (Yeah for sailing ships which are very speedy!) That gets us to Minas Anor in five and a half days.

However, there should be a few stopovers along the way. There's a Corsair ship ahead of us we need to keep from raiding the villages along the Anduin as it does not makefor good "pr" for Harad. Plus I have a feeling the "natives" will not be happy to see us coming down the river with two more Corsair vessels, even if or intentions are different. I would anticipate one or two roadblocks along the way.

But, if I were you, I would hurry along as this Urken the Bear looks like a shady character, and I have no idea what he might do should the Harad delegation arrive first in Minas Anor!

sharon

[ October 06, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-08-2002, 09:40 AM   #181
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

PIZZA PARTAY

Hey, everyone participating in the RPG An Audience with the King. Come on to the Erebor/ Lonely Mountain discussion thread this Saturday, October 12, from 1 to 4 pm EDT, for a pizza party. We can talk about the game, get to know what everyone is doing, AND, get a little rapid-action interactive posting done on the game thread.

Your hosts,
Aylwen Dreamsong, Rose Cotton, Cuthalion (if he ever shows up), and Bethberry

PS. This carries Mithadan's stamp of approval, but he probably thinks I'm crazy.

[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 10-08-2002, 09:59 AM   #182
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Quote:
but he probably thinks I'm crazy.
No. He definitely thinks you are crazy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Enjoy, nonetheless.

Rhun, Harad and Blue Mountains Teams: Maybe its time for our participants to learn about compressing time. I'm counting real time days. You can fit more than one virtual day of travel into one real day.

Shire team: Whoops! Sorry! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 10:09 AM   #183
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Such a meeting would seem more appropriate in Chat, no?
Old 10-08-2002, 11:15 AM   #184
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

For Rhovanian veterans, no doubt, yes, Rimbaud, but for us on AAwtK, posts here would be preferable, especially since the purpose of the game is to get away from chat-style, frivolous RPGs. It would also be good to see the gamers using their discussion threads more to stage their games, moving between the game and discussion threads.

Also, I still cannot get into chat. Java is still denying me access (I have just sent an email to nospoof about this.) and last night's attempts on mIRC ALSO produced denied access through socery.net. I did get into channel 1 through a German server, but about all I accomplished was talking to myself trying to figure out how to get to 08. It was not a particularly entertaining or enlightening conversation. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Bethberry

Old 10-08-2002, 11:42 AM   #185
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

Aww poor beth. I know the talking to yourself in an empty chat room feeling. and join the club. My unbelievably annoying and lame computer doesnt let me into chat rooms. What time is 1-4pm EDT in british time?
Old 10-08-2002, 12:48 PM   #186
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

EDT is GMT -5, so 1-4pm EDT is 6-9pm GMT.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:26 PM   #187
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

thanx rimbaud. ill try to, um, persuade my dad to let me on.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:52 PM   #188
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

I can probably come to the pizza party for a little while, but not for long. I have a pizza party of my own with my friend Marty right after that! TOO MUCH PIZZA!
Old 10-08-2002, 02:05 PM   #189
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

ah u lucky americans and ure frequent pizza parties....and actually all other people with ure pizza parties...man, i want pizza!
Old 10-08-2002, 04:32 PM   #190
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Pizza??? I'll be there. But I warn you, I'm a slow writer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mithadan/Shire - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ROFL!

Mith, heh. It has taken over two weeks to go through three days in Harad. But it's likely we're not going to make it all the way to Nurn: Al-Gareth has already left Nurn and is stealthily travelling south. The team is working on how Al-Gareth is going to meet our Oliphaunts.

Guys, I'm just beaming over the Nurn part of our story. I can't help it. I really enjoyed writing such an ugly story from such an innocent children's point of view.

[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: Marileangorifurnimaluim ]
Old 10-08-2002, 07:22 PM   #191
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Well, Maril, you can demonstrate slow and I can demonstrate typos, LOL. Maybe I can come up with a game of duelling edit buttons or something like that. The point is just to provide a chance to connect and enjoy posting that way. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bethberry

Old 10-08-2002, 07:24 PM   #192
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I can make it to the pizza party too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So, Mith, were those muffins really a crutch, limiting our creativity and grammatical skills while at the same time giving us inadequite nutrition and cavities? Or did you just like your description of the ant army marching to battle? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 10-08-2002, 08:35 PM   #193
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Just remember, Carnëiach, there is only one slice for each post on the game thread! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Looking forward to seeing you both, Elenna and Susan.

Bethberry
Old 10-09-2002, 10:47 AM   #194
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I'd love to come, but I can't make it; my parents are going away and I'm staying with friends, so no internet for over 4 days [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] . Save me a slice of pizza please [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 02:07 PM   #195
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Bethberry --

Wish I could come but unfortunately can not due to family commitments. Sorry. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

sharon
Old 10-11-2002, 01:25 PM   #196
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

dang, limited pizza? man, i knew thered be a catch!
Old 10-11-2002, 02:02 PM   #197
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

hey all.

It carn, but thanks to mithadans restoration of my password (thankyou thankyou thankyou mithadan!) I have my old account back, so Ill be using it. If u wanna PM me or something, do it to Amanaduial not carn.
thanks
lol
aman
Old 10-11-2002, 02:59 PM   #198
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Mithadan -- I compressed 4 days worth of travel into a single post. Is that good enough compression for ya? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

To Marileangorifurnimaluim:

Your writing speed would improve tremendously if you would just shorten your name. It probably takes a week just to introduce yourself!

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 10-11-2002, 03:52 PM   #199
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

I like Maril's name! Personally, I just consider her "Maril", but it's really cool to have such a long name.

I'll only be able to attend the pizza party for a little while, but I'll be there. My favorite kind is Greek (feta cheese and olives) but I eat pretty much anything.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:08 PM   #200
Guildo
Wight

Guildo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Guildo
Tolkien

YUM YUM PIZZA IN MY TUMM

Il be there send me a slice of Pineapple and extra cheese.

Glen Sight