The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #321
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Nerwen Why must you be so darn reasonable

I'm looking back over her posts and her vote for Mnem seems logical but.... She's so hard to read... Also doesn't help I always feel sweet talked by her...

Hmm... Mac seems too polite and doesn't fight back enough for me to call wolf Today...

Mnem and Sally are at this particular point most bothersome but Sally's just being Sally it seems Mnem on the other hand holds different people to different standards but seems not so much wolfish as a new playmate for Sally...

Shasta- Still waiting on your rational for voting Inzil I looked over your posts didn't find Anything about him.

Shasta's a top contender... unless I see something else I know where my votes going.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #322
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well just two general comments first...

Looking at the number of grammatical hair-splitting one would think this is a cruise for humanists and not biologists.

There was an odd amount of voting yesterDay where people suspected two others and then decided to vote for the one they suspected less by arguments...

Mac: I'm not suspecting you that heavily (I think you were only the fourth on my list). But your seeming need to defend yourself all the time looks a bit eyebrow-raising as I don't think you're the number one candidate to be lynched toDay anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Careful not to suspect too many?
Well, yes... or what do you say of this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Too many people look innocent to me right now. I don't want to vote Boro, Eomer, Lottie, Roa, Bes, Shasta, Greenie, and trom, and I would like to avoid voting Mnemo, Morsul, Brinn, Pitch, Nienna, and Nerwen.

Sally and Wilwa aren't newbies to me, but apart from those, they are the two who haven't provided much. Don't like voting them for that, of course, but I would rather do that than vote any of the above.
That's only 16/19...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #323
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Unless I overlooked something, the only one to give the counting-theory any merit outside of Nogrod is Eomer.
Boro said:But I still think that Eomer's looks evil, he agreed with Nog that it was intentional, but left it at that.

I had forgotten that, and what Eomer said about it left no doubt of Roa's simply making a mistake. But then he backed off from actually accusing her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Aye, Nogrod, soon as I saw Roa's counting-mistake I remarked: "intentional". Not sure what it means, though. I wouldn't be quick to lynch Roa because she brings a lot to the table in terms of discussion.
Possibly a wolf wanting to fan some flames a bit, but not wanting his hands to get too dirty.
Then again, that's not conclusive of anything. Eomer does set off some warning bells though because of that, and a general feeling I have from the way he appears to be trying to lie low.

x/d with several-fixed the second quote to indicate it was Boro's

Last edited by Inziladun; 12-02-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #324
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Can someone accuse me or get me otherwise very involved? Because I feel strangely "unattached" from this game, I'm reading it as if I wasn't playing it myself. Hmph.
You're a wolf. Satisfied?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I was starting to wonder whether Lommy could be evil, but now her suspicions are almost the same as mine, which makes it difficult... unless my suspicions are completely off.
Why exactly would a Lommywolf sharing your suspicions automatically mean your suspicions are off? True, it would require a Lommywolf who has some wolf-on-wolf -suspicions, but then, we've seen that before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen, about Mnemo
I don't know what to think. Yesterday she seemed fine, and in fact I was very surprised when she became a lynch-candidate. ToDay she's apparently gone off the rails.
I don't know what to think, either. YesterDay she seemed too calculated and nice. ToDay, she's indeed "gone off the rails" (though that sounds a bit nasty, sorry Mnemo), but I can't decide if it makes her look better or worse. More confusing, at least. So: is she a wolf who realised that being reasonable and measured and agreeable gets her suspected and thus decided to change strategies? Or an ordo who's just having more fun toDay that yesterDay? Eurgh I don't know. She's still featuring in the top of my suspicion list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Possibly Shasta or Greenie, I don't like the way they both jumped on Morsul's comments about placing less faith in votes. As well as both jumping on Nogrod going after Roa's slip.
I don't think I jumped on Morsul - at least I didn't intend to - I disagreed with his point. As for Nogrod, his jumping on Roa's "slip" was downright illogical and weird so of course it drew my attention and I confess I might have jumped a bit.
Quote:
I would bow down to anyone and admit their awesomeness if they say they have the time to read everything (on that day) + post + vote.
A bow, please, sir. I do that every day.

EDIT: x-ed with Zil
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #325
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Morsul: Check out 171 for Shasta's vote reasoning... I'm analyzing him and just got to that one it might help your confusion.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #326
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Ice to see you all.

As for laying low, some of us have work. You'll mostly see me make a post at the very start of the day, and then appear for the final couple of hours.

Well, I'll answer a couple of points against me but I won't spend too much time on it. Too old, too cold, to get worked up. Look at the quotation over Roa's counting:

'Aye, Nogrod, soon as I saw Roa's counting-mistake I remarked: "intentional" '

Now, perhaps you're interpreting this differently to me, but all I did was, soon as I saw Roa's post, literally say out loud: "Ah ha! Intentional miscount!" A split-second reaction that I thought I'd share. Believe it or not but I didn't actually commit to thinking Roa was up to something, hence why I didn't pursue it and actively stated that I thought Roa was likely innocent. I can see why you think that's fanning flames but oh well.

Boro, you mentioned that I was in the substantial group of people speaking against your 'reason/rationality warning' but I wasn't.

Short post to follow, with one other point for Boromir.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #327
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
All right, Morsul, I see how you could read those statements that way. Maybe.

For the record, although Sally and I totally would do something like that, she doesn't have my password and since it's based on something she'll never read I doubt she could guess it.

I, on the other hand, have hers...

(Seriously, dahling, you probably ought to change that. For all you know I could have been flirting with Legate as you for the past five months!)

...There, is that motivating enough, Lom?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #328
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Why's everybody so jumpy? Mnemo, for one, as Nerwen pointed out. And Sally too? Who's really been threatening to lynch her? And Mnemo has got about as many defenders as accusers.

Mnemo and Sally's little exchange is interesting. Awkward, sort of, and makes me raise my eyebrows. Not sure what to make of it, though. Sally seems innocent since she continues that joke a bit over the top (I'm not sure if she'd dare to do that as a wolf) but Mnemo is a bit more worrying case. I mean, the carefulness in which she states that Sally can or can not answer is slightly weird...

Morsul, you seem more and more innocent to me all the time, but I will change my opinion if you keep posting such horribly long quotes!

Sally's case on Brinn is quite interesting and I can see it having some merit. Although, if Brinn seems suspicious to me, she's most probably innocent because when she's guilty I never suspect her...

Nienna, I was sort of torn about Nog and Roa, because at first it looked so fabricated (because although they always quarrell, it's normally not this rash and blind) and then not so much... I wanted to give them more time to get a better picture of them, although back by the end of the Day I was thinking that everybody should "get more time" as much as them so I considered voting Nogrod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
She is being wishy/washy with her suspicions and it seems like trying very hard to not look like a wolf.
No, if I really was a wolf I would be thinking what kind of impression I'm giving and truth be told the whole thing hasn't crossed my mind until now...

Quote:
All I have on Lommy right now is to say her Boro-radar is still in perfect working condition. But, I'm surprised you're really not being so flippy-floppy, have I really become that predictable to you or are you a more confident wolf?
Predictable? Nope. If you remember, last time we played I was quite sure you were a wolf, you got lynched and you weren't one. This time I just feel pretty confident about your innocence, I'm not certain I'm right, but it's generally easier for me to read you than many others.

edit: xed with whole page 9
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #329
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Expecting a bow now...

I did it!

Hmph, then I have to think...
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
A bow, please, sir. I do that every day.
It must be a Finnish thing. *Bows and admits the Finns awesomeness*

So, now that you've read everything, how much have you managed to maintain?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #330
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Mnemo, suspect me all you want, but this is weak. So it's suspicious that I post in small spread-out chunks, right (among other things, but those have been commented on by others in the meantime)? I'm sure you can do better.
I'll tell you why I do that (and I've been doing it in the last two games or so). I'm a really slow writer, because I think with my fingers on the keyboard, and a bit of a perfectionist too, and I've realized that trying to make comprehensive lists or lengthy posts of any substance and follow an agitated discussion at the same time is just hopeless for me - either I lose sight of what's going on at same time, or I never get anything posted. So I'm trying to do it this way - post a chunk, read on, go back, post another chunk, etc. as they come. And I intend to go on with it, if you don't mind.
And now I'd rather start thinking about who to vote toDay.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #331
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Morsul -

Page 6, post 220, middle of the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
To answer Mac - I wasn't "sure" that you and Mnemo were innocent, but to my mind there was less "evidence" against either than you than there was against Inzil, who was the only other possible lynch. I didn't vote for him because you suggested it.
X'd with Pitch.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #332
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod about Mac
That's only 16/19...
Fair catch - it is often the wolves who suspect the least people, or rather, "not-suspect" the most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
You're a wolf. Satisfied?
Better than Mnemo's un-quoteworthy try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie about Mnemo
YesterDay she seemed too calculated and nice. ToDay, she's indeed "gone off the rails" (though that sounds a bit nasty, sorry Mnemo), but I can't decide if it makes her look better or worse. More confusing, at least. So: is she a wolf who realised that being reasonable and measured and agreeable gets her suspected and thus decided to change strategies?
Nicely phrased.

Quote:
It must be a Finnish thing. *Bows and admits the Finns awesomeness*
Exactly, I did it too.

edit: xed with Pitch and Sha-sha-sha-shasta
Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #333
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
As far as voting goes, I haven't seen anything to sway me away from Nerwen, so she's probably who (whom?) I'll be voting. I'll be here through deadline, though.

X'd with Lommy.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #334
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Boro quoted me here:

"There are a number of shady characters around here, and I don't want to add a new person to the voting list."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
The problem is the other 4 people with 1-vote were all on Eomer's possible voting list in #133...so why say that about your vote for Mnemo?
Actually, Boro, Nogrod had received a vote too; he wasn't on my list.

And also on my list were Pitch, Brinn and Lommy. Surely, you see my point that I didn't want to vote for one of them?

I effectively gave myself a shortlist of 4 and picked one.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #335
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry Lommy I just prefer my arguments in context

And Nienna I saw that quote but to me it just says 'm voting Zil because I'm not voting the others... And he doesn't mention any qualms with zil before that
Old 12-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #336
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ooh, the next jumpy player around. Soon we'll have four ie all the wolves.

edit: xed with everybody
Old 12-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #337
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Boro, you mentioned that I was in the substantial group of people speaking against your 'reason/rationality warning' but I wasn't.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't a list of substantial people who disagreed/spoke out against, if it's the post I'm thinking you're thinking (It's past 2:00 which means I have to leave in like 5 minutes) than I was telling Nerwen all the people who commented on it. And I recall that you did say 2 things in general. First, that you agreed with the principle, and secondly to Mac disagreeing that I wouldn't have dropped it easily if I was a wolf.

I want to give Eomer a benefit of having more time to answer, so will vote who I wanted to yesterday...

++Inzil

For the reasons I was going to mention yesterday, but you can check the first post of today. And I haven't seen Inzil say anything to me to convince me otherwise.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #338
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Not so much suspicious as annoying, Pitch. But it's also a tactic that's very easy for a wolf to hide behind because it can look as if you're saying more than you actually are. So not objectively wrong in and of itself, but combined with the other matters...

Yes, weak, but all the other cases I came up with last night were even weaker. Hopefully toMorrow I'll be able to start shifting my eyes elsewhere as we get more and more substance... and more knowledge of roles, and a death choice (unless, of course, we get a Ranger save). But I wanted to try to explain to myself why I was feeling odd about you yesterday, and I found more evidence for you than anyone else I looked at.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #339
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lommy, I have two words for you:

Neener. Neener.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #340
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Lommy, I have two words for you:

Neener. Neener.
Is that an anagram of Nerwen?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #341
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shasta

YesterDay

46. Summarized the Day: Boro v. Roa on ‘Reasonableness’

47. In character but the deadline is weird for him

68. Calls Morsul wishy-washy and fence sitting

137. Points against Nog for being definitive in his suspicion against Roa, point against Eomer for subtly backing Nog up, point for Roa for her reaction to Nog, point against Nog for wild accusations on flimsy evidence, point for Roa… not sure why, point for Nog for giving a more accurate representation of what Boro said, 3 points against Nog for bringing up something her shouldn’t really bring up anyway, point against Roa for the Nog-Cobbler theory because it’s a stretch. Nog has now cleared up some ambiguities and he’d rather not vote for him, he won’t vote Roa but would be willing to vote Eomer.

This is an interesting post… I think it is a good analysis of the Nog/Roa thing giving them each criticisms

142-3. Clarifying for Nog

171. Votes for Zil, would rather not see Mac or Mnemo go

I voted for him for the same reason so I cannot fault it.

ToDay:

220. Isn’t really buying Boro’s ‘this isn’t how I play as a wolf’ act, didn’t vote for Zil because Mac suggested it, defends not throwing away his vote

Seems reasonable (do with that what you will)

234. Notices a weird phrasing by Brinn, Newen’s vote was mostly out of nowhere, at the last moment, and would have sealed Mac’s fate. He doesn’t trust Nerwen

I disagree with the point about Brinn’s phrasing as it made perfect sense to me. I do think that Nerwen’s vote was a little dodgy.

256. Agrees that his point against Brinn might be a bit of a stretch

In Summary: I’m not sure why he was ringing alarm bells for me… he seems to be making reasonable points, his thing about Brinn was a stretch but he knows that… I’m going to just have to keep watching him.

Edit: Crossed.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #342
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nope, just some onamatopoetic mockery.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #343
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Morsul: Check out 171 for Shasta's vote reasoning... I'm analyzing him and just got to that one it might help your confusion.
You mean this? :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta #171
I don't see anything on either Mnemo or Mac and I'd rather neither went.
++Inziladun
Not where I expected my vote to have to go, at all, but I don't see any more support for Nogrod, and none at all for Eomer.
Explaining why (or rather mentioning that) he didn't want to vote some others, but where's the reason for the vote he actually made?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #344
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
You mean this? :

Explaining why (or rather mentioning that) he didn't want to vote some others, but where's the reason for the vote he actually made?
I believe he was voting to save Mac and Mnemo not necessarily to kill Zil... does that make sense? ...and Shasta feel free to correct me as I'm speaking about something that might be untrue.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #345
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Votes... Voters
Lommy... Loslote not really a reason given
Boro... Trom bad feeling boo's too open
Pitch... Mnem only one with "concrete evidence"
Mnem... Nerwen Reasons already stated
Loslote... Brinn No better candidates
ZIl.. Boro giving Eomer more time

Lommy-1
Boro-1
Pitch-1
Mnem-1
Loslote-1
Zil-1

And I agree with pitch that post doesn't explain anything as far as I can tell...
Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #346
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Wow, that took me a long time. So some thoughts:

Quote:
Good news is I feel pretty good about trom being innocent, despite her vote.

Here's the deal, I sort of have this reputation for being ruthless, slippery SOB...erm wolf. Shasta, I know can certainly fill you in about some down-right evil stories, but we can take a trip down memory lane another time. That's my reputation, people really don't like to trust me, eventhough everything is telling them that they can, because we never liked to get fooled.

I typically find myself spending an abnormal amount of time trying to get everyone to trust me when I'm innocent, and thus the openness. So is the way of the world though, and I'm not sure why I even do it, because it is an impossible thing.

Also, believe as a wolf I am more sly than directly pointing out "I'd do this as a wolf, and since I didn't, I'm not" trick, because I don't hand out my wolf-secrets. Mith, Lommy, Rikae (and apparently Mac now) to name a few have picked up on some of the unintentional signs, but there's nothing I hand out.

To refrain from a spiel, I'll leave it at this...I'm innocent. Believe it or not, that's your choice, and if and when I die are you willing to bet eating a toaster when my innocence is proven?
Dislike. Everyone has the potential to act differently every game, some people may have little things that they do all the time, but no matter what strategies are subject to change. The more games you play the more your strategies change. So saying "this is not how I act as a wolf" and using that as your argument really does not make me think you're innocent, cause since you know how you may act as a wolf of course you'll act differently when you're a wolf again. It just isn't right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I'm kind of grudging Legate for making this "humane decision" event. Because now we don't have any dead ie cleared people. And no wolf-kill tracks to follow (although this will be one of those painful games where the kills are more confusing due to the lack of a seer). So it's kind of good Roa had to leave (although that was sad ) because that means we have some information.
I agree, having the votes is great and avoiding the chance of lynching an innocent is good, but having those two deaths Day 2 always helps, even though it sucks when they're innocents, or worse gifteds. My thinking aswell is that now we're not going to go after Inzil for a while, since even though he didn't die people may think "oh, well lets go for someone else today" and then he could be a wolf this whole time and we could be letting him get by. Does that make sense? I mean I'm not saying "lets get Inzil and finish what we started" cause I don't really suspect him, but it just feels so weird to me.

Quote:
To wilwa: I've been searching for a new rivalry since Menel's departure. If you want to start re-hashing old fights, bring it, because you know the score so far is Wild Eye 1 - Dark Monarch = Zero
Negative, baddies totally won that game! Dark Monarch = 1, Wild Eye= -50.

Morsul is making me uneasy, he gives all these super long quotes and then like a 1 sentence comment, doesn't seem like much. So keeping my eye on him. Nothing really concrete though I guess.

Eomer is under my radar, which is weird.

Mnemo is acting a bit different then yesterday, but I still don't really feel suspicious of her.

Nog, Mac and Nerwen I'm all good with so far.

Shasta I'm iffy about, a few things seem off (his comment about Brinn's "slip of the tongue" is a little weird), but not really enough to truly suspect.

My vote might be going to Boro, I don't really know yet.

I desperetly need to study for a bit, but I'll come back for about the last 40 minutes before DL, which is in 1.5 hours right???

x'ed with a bunches
Old 12-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #347
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes, Wilwa, that is deadline.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #348
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wiiillwaaaa wilwa...
Quote:
I agree, having the votes is great and avoiding the chance of lynching an innocent is good, but having those two deaths Day 2 always helps, even though it sucks when they're innocents, or worse gifteds. My thinking aswell is that now we're not going to go after Inzil for a while, since even though he didn't die people may think "oh, well lets go for someone else today" and then he could be a wolf this whole time and we could be letting him get by. Does that make sense? I mean I'm not saying "lets get Inzil and finish what we started" cause I don't really suspect him, but it just feels so weird to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
To wilwa: I've been searching for a new rivalry since Menel's departure. If you want to start re-hashing old fights, bring it, because you know the score so far is Wild Eye 1 - Dark Monarch = Zero
Negative, baddies totally won that game! Dark Monarch = 1, Wild Eye= -50.

Quote:
Morsul is making me uneasy, he gives all these super long quotes and then like a 1 sentence comment, doesn't seem like much. So keeping my eye on him. Nothing really concrete though I guess.

Eomer is under my radar, which is weird.

Mnemo is acting a bit different then yesterday, but I still don't really feel suspicious of her.

Nog, Mac and Nerwen I'm all good with so far.

Shasta I'm iffy about, a few things seem off (his comment about Brinn's "slip of the tongue" is a little weird), but not really enough to truly suspect.

My vote might be going to Boro, I don't really know yet.

I desperetly need to study for a bit, but I'll come back for about the last 40 minutes before DL, which is in 1.5 hours right???

x'ed with a bunches
[/B]

Yeah I do that sometimes
Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #349
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sorry but I had to make a fast late-dinner before continuing...

EDIT: Heh, Morsul seems to have done this already but well... I'll post this anyway.

Lottie -> Lommy (says first she is suspicious but says also she has no reason for suspecting her, then later refers to her two posts without any comment on them and just votes her)
trom -> Boro (“because he's so open about the fact of, 'this isn't the way Boro-wolf would act.'”)
Mnemo -> Pitch (based on her analysis on him)
Nerwen -> Mnemo (she’s gone off the rails on D2 and her “rational reasons” to vote for Pitch are bad)
Brinn -> Lottie (because of her odd vote for Lommy)
Boro -> Inzil (because Inzil’s “case” yesterday was not only weak but faulty and he has dsone nothing today to make Boro change his mind)

No one can't say we are not able to spread votes enough...

Looking only at toDay's votes Lottie's & Mnemo's votes look the worst - and I must say that Boro's vote is actually a bit "lame" - if you get what I mean. I mean with all his participation, is that the best he can come up with?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #350
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

On the vote situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Lommy-1
Boro-1
Pitch-1
Mnem-1
Loslote-1
Zil-1
It looks really open now (see Nienna, a fellow Captain obvious here ) and anyone could get lynched, but of these suggestions...

...I'm obviously against lynching myself.
...I'm also against lynching Boro, because he gives me good vibes by seeming exactly like his normal innocent self.
...I wouldn't be so sorry if Pitch died, because there's something fishy in his posts.
...I would be even less sorry to see Mnemo die because she's actually the one I most feel like voting at the moment.
...I'm hesitant about lynching Loslote, because although she's acting weird, I'd rather hear her explanation first because her behaviour can be accounted for by mere newbieishness, although (as I haven't played recently) I'm not sure if she should be past that phase or not.
...I can't see why people suspect Zil so much.

edit: xed with Nooglewoogle
Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #351
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Despite lingering misgivings about Boro and due to a forced break from Mac, I think Mnemo, Eomer, and Lottie still look the worst to me. I want to re-check Lottie, to see if anything about her strikes me, beyond the obviously flimsy vote for Lommy.

x/d with Lommy
Old 12-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #352
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Boro said:

"I'm pretty sure that wasn't a list of substantial people who disagreed/spoke out against, if it's the post I'm thinking you're thinking ... than I was telling Nerwen all the people who commented on it."

But here's the quotation:

Quote:
The fact is, Roa wasn't the only one who got on me about it, she was just the loudest one. Inzil, Nerwen, Shasta, Morsul, Pitch, Eomer, and Bes all stated disagreement or suspected me because of it and Nerwen trying to downplay it worries me.
So you'll see, Boro, that you are placing me in a group to which I don't belong.

Now to concentrate on my suspicions.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #353
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
All right, Morsul, I see how you could read those statements that way. Maybe.

For the record, although Sally and I totally would do something like that, she doesn't have my password and since it's based on something she'll never read I doubt she could guess it.

I, on the other hand, have hers...

(Seriously, dahling, you probably ought to change that. For all you know I could have been flirting with Legate as you for the past five months!)

...There, is that motivating enough, Lom?
Yes, but dear, if I killed you and stole your computer I wouldn't need your password, you see. Ever-so-helpful Virae (and do accept apologies if I spelled that wrong) would just give it to me. Besides, I'm too lazy to change my password because then I won't remember it. Now be gone with your meta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Why's everybody so jumpy? Mnemo, for one, as Nerwen pointed out. And Sally too? Who's really been threatening to lynch her? And Mnemo has got about as many defenders as accusers.

Mnemo and Sally's little exchange is interesting. Awkward, sort of, and makes me raise my eyebrows. Not sure what to make of it, though. Sally seems innocent since she continues that joke a bit over the top (I'm not sure if she'd dare to do that as a wolf) but Mnemo is a bit more worrying case. I mean, the carefulness in which she states that Sally can or can not answer is slightly weird...
Wait, someone's accusing me? When did I say that. Oh, that's right. Never. Although I'm (sort of) wondering about why Little Mnemo's being so blabby; she enjoys playing for the sake of it but this seems wrong to me. Unfortunately I simply don't have time to analyze her.

Also, when have I not been over the top?

Okay, a list from me will soon be forthcoming. *dashes off to catch up again*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #354
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I believe he was voting to save Mac and Mnemo not necessarily to kill Zil... does that make sense? ...and Shasta feel free to correct me as I'm speaking about something that might be untrue.
Correct.

++Nerwen
Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #355
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So everyone's just been doing lists for the past While, especially vote counts and voter lists... I honestly cannot think of anything to say on those... not till the commitment of an actual VOTE!

Could we please get some more of those, please? It's hard to tell where the game's going otherwise. Not that it matters for me, now...

Can you people tell I hate being unavailable for the last hour?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #356
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Voting-wise it seems Mnemo has made two quite odd votes.

I don't get Mnemo's suspicion on Pitch that because he posts in "chunks" he's suspicious. Quite a strech - not the first one in this game though...

But I think some of Pitchie's posting does look odd and over-careful - at least yesterDay. Here are two prime examples:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchie #110
Looking at some of our quieter ones.
I'll give credit to Nienna (and to a lesser degree Lottie , as she mostly agreed with Ni)for their early effort to get the game started in earnest. It's not proof of innocence, of course; I could imagine a wolf wanting to appear eager and helpful so as to look like s/he cares about our best interests. On the other hand, it's no proof against them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchie #127
I'll lump Lommy, Greenie, Brinn and Eomer together (probably Shasta too), as all of them have shown some activity but not quite enough for me to form a definitive impression. Seen nothing that stands out against any of them. I'd say Eomer makes a little more good points than the rest (to be expected from a veteran of the first hour, as I think he is).
Nerwen - well, I don't know. She's been more controversial than I remember her from other Day 1's. Usually she's more calm, cool, collected, very balanced and sensible to the point of inscrutability, especially early in the game, but I think I've seen her get pointed and - well, not quite passionate, but something in that direction - when the situation seemed to call for it. So, maybe a bit untypical, but 'sinister' is taking it too far, I think.
I can't see the point of posting a lot of these... except if one wishes especially to look contributing, well-tuned and friendly and careful not to rub anyone the wrong way...
Old 12-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #357
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
LEANING INNOCENT:

Boromir88 - I still have a good feeling about him.

Eomer - Seems generally innocentish and makes a lot of sense. He gives a rather calculated impression, though, and I haven't played with him often enough to know if that's a normal state of things or not.

Brinn - Leaning good.

Macalaure - Good vibes.

Thinlómien - Seems her usual flip-floppy self.

NEITHER INNOCENT NOR GUILTY, OR BOTH:

Inziladun - I don't know if it's about him being slippery or me being negligent and careless, but I can't get a read on him even though he contributes a fair deal.

Morsul - No idea.

Pitchwife - My gut says innocent, my logic says "too agreeable, too contributing without rubbing anyone the wrong way, baaaaad". I just realised (and again, may be partly due to my own unfocused reading) that while I remember him posting actively, I can't recall a single thing he's said. It isn't that he hasn't said anything, it's that he hasn't said stuff that would have been contradictory or wrong-feeling or weird or different enough to stick to my memory.

Nienna - Securely under my radar.

Nogrod - Eurgh. He was very very confusing yesterDay. His explanation about his behaviour towards Roa explained some of it. ToDay he has seemed more in his senses. I'll be watching him, but he's off the hook for now.

sally - No idea whatsoever.

Nerwen - I agree with Morsul that she's too darn reasonable. No idea what her role might be.

Bes - Under my radar.

Shasta - No idea, for some reason or another.

wilwa - Too little to go on.

tromkehra - Likewise.

WARY OF:

Mnemosyne - Argh. I think I babbled enough about her in my previous post, but let's shorten it here for clarity's sake: yesterDay she was too agreeable and calculated, toDay she seems more than a bit off.

Loslote - Confuses me a lot. Her suspicions are completely weird, but I'm trying to decide whether it's a sign of wolvery or not.

----

I'm rather worried about the size of my no idea -section. I'd believe, somehow, that at this point of the game I'd have more suspicions, but I don't. I don't know why exactly that is. It's either that my wolf-spotting sucks in this game or we have wolves who are too good for me. It looks as if I'm going to vote Mnemo again. Her, at least, I'm suspicious of.

EDIT: eurgh x-ed with a host... since my previous post, actually.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #358
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lommy-1
Boro-1
Pitch-1
Mnem-1
Loslote-1
Zil-1
Nerwen-1

What if eveyone gets one vote? then what?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #359
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
To keep Mnemo occupied

Pancakes.

Anyway, here's a list from me. I limited myself to four wolves and it was really really hard, but there's....well, you can see the categories.

Wolves:
Brinn
Lommie
Nerwen
Eomer

Possible wolves:
Nienna
Nog (meh)
Pitch
Shasta
Greenie
Lottie

Dunno:
Mnemo
Dun (possible possible but was too shifty on him so I put him here)
Morsul
Mac
Boro

Innocent/nothing:
Bes
Kehra
Wilwa
Sally (the former rather than the latter, of course)

EDIT: x'd with 2/3 of the House of Finns and Morsul. Also, I need to check over Lommie and Lottie again because I may have flipped them in my list. I'll check to be sure.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #360
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Nienna and Shasta - I understand voting to save somebody you'd like to keep, but on the other hand, giving somebody else their 2nd or 3rd vote instead with no given case behind it doesn't exactly look obviously innocent to me.
Otherwise, I must say I've nothing against either of you at the moment.

P.S. Just saw Shasta's vote. Is that a classic example of voting those who're too reasonable, or what? *confused*