The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #721
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
how about O's ?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #722
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
+o 2

T----- ----t ---- ---- --------t, --t t--- -o--- -ot ---- ---- --tt--.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:57 PM   #723
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

E's please
Old 04-29-2005, 02:03 PM   #724
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
E-sy

T----- ----t ---e -ee- ----e-e-t, --t t-e- -o--- -ot ---e -ee- -ette-.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 05-01-2005, 02:25 AM   #725
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"Things might have been different, but they could not have been better."

Niggle speaking to Parish.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:06 AM   #726
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Guinevere, you're a genius to get those with so few clues! Wonderful! I look forward to yours now. (By the way, come on over to the Birthday party on N&N!)
Old 05-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #727
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I apologize for the delay, I've been absent last week.
But here is a new one:

----/ --/ ---/ ----/ ---/ ----/, ----/ -------/ -----/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -----/ ------/, --/ -----/ ---/ -----/ ---/ -/ ---/ --/ -----/.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #728
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

No problem - I was offline due to PC problems for several days, so I didn't even notice! Let's see, what shall I try for a start? Something completely different? Naw, "T" usually gets the job done fastest, so let's have the "T"s.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #729
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

You are welcome!

---t/ -t/ t--/ ----/ ---/ ----/, ----/ -------/ -----/ --t/ ---/ --t-/ -----/ ------/, --/ -----/ ---/ ----t/ ---/ -/ --t/ --/ -----/.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:09 PM   #730
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Hmm, not a really decisive clue yet - how about the "I"s?
Old 05-11-2005, 01:32 PM   #731
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

---t/ -t/ t--/ ----/ ---/ ----/, ----/ ----i--/ -----/ --t/ -i-/ -it-/ -----/ ------/, --/ --i--/ -i-/ ---it/ ---/ -/ --t/ --/ -----/.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:32 AM   #732
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

That didn't help a whole lot either - let's try the "S"s, please.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:21 AM   #733
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

it's not so easy

---t/ -t/ t--/ ----/ ---/ ---s/, ----/ ----i--/ ----s/ --t/ -i-/ -it-/ ----s/ --s---/, --/ --i--/ -is/ ---it/ ---/ -/ s-t/ --/ s----/.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #734
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Maybe some "N"s?
Old 05-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #735
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Isn't !

---t/ -t/ t--/ ----/ --n/ ---s/, ---n/ ---nin-/ ----s/ --t/ -i-/ -it-/ ----s/ -ns---/, --/ --in-/ -is/ ---it/ -n-/ -/ s-t/ --/ s---n/.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #736
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

W?
Old 05-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #737
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Good choice!
W--t/ -t/ t--/ ----/ --n/ --ws/, w--n/ ---nin-/ ----s/ --t/ -i-/ wit-/ ----s/ -nsw--/, --/ --in-/ -is/ ---it/ -n-/ -/ s-t/ --/ s--wn/.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:41 AM   #738
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I have the feeling I should be able to find that with the clues given so far, but that would involve time and effort! So to make it easier for myself - and probably for someone else who'll then get it first - I'll ask for another letter: R, please.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:24 AM   #739
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

W--t/ -t/ t--/ ----/ --n/ --ws/, w--n/ --rnin-/ ----s/ --t/ -i-/ wit-/ ----s/ -nsw-r/, -r/ -rin-/ -is/ ---it/ -n-/ -/ s-t/ --/ s--wn/.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:56 AM   #740
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Found it!
Quote:
What at the mead man vows, when morning comes let him with deeds answer, or his drink vomit and a sot be shown.
Drastic words, those! Spoken by Torhthelm to Tídwald in The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth, quoting what lays said. I like the accompanying words: "There are cravens at council that crow proudly with the hearts of hens."!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:42 PM   #741
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Well done, Esty! (Drastic words indeed! but it looked like a kind of a "proverb to me"... )
Old 05-20-2005, 03:42 AM   #742
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Try this one:
Quote:
-- --------- -- -------- ---. - ---- --- -- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- - ----------- --- -- ---- ----, -- --- ------------- ---- ---- --------.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:11 PM   #743
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I'd like to have the A's for starting
Old 05-21-2005, 01:28 AM   #744
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A+

-- --a----a- -- -------- ---. ... - -a-- -a- -- ----- -a-- ---- -a-- ---- a -------a--- --- -- ---- ----, -- --- -------a----- ---- ---- --------.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:48 AM   #745
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

The inevitable T's, if you please.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:46 AM   #746
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A T

-- --a-t--a- -- -------- ---. ... - -a-- -a- -- ----- -a-- ---- -a-- --t- a -------a--- --- -- ---- ---t, -- --- -------a-t--- ---- ---- --------.

There you go, though there aren't many Ts this time...
Old 05-22-2005, 10:23 AM   #747
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hm... N perhaps ?
Old 05-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #748
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T A N

N- --a-t--a- -- ---n---- ---. ... - -a-- -a- -- ----- -a-- ---n -a-- -nt- a -------a--- --- -- ---- ---t, -- --- -------a-t--- -n-- ---- ----n---.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #749
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Seems to be a hard one this time! Any S's ?
Old 05-22-2005, 02:47 PM   #750
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+s

N- --a-t--a- -- ---n---- -s-. ... - -a-- sa- -- ----- -a-- ---n -a-- -nt- a s------a--- --- -- s--- s--t, -- --- s------ast--s -n-- ---- --s-n-ss.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:15 PM   #751
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I need another letter - how about E ?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #752
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+e

N- --a-t--a- -- e--n---- -s-. ... - -a-e sa- -e ----- -a-e -een -a-e -nt- a se----ea--e --- -- s--e s--t, -- --- s------aste-s -ne- ---- --s-ness.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:32 AM   #753
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"o"s?
Old 05-24-2005, 06:35 AM   #754
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ O

Good choice!

No --a-t--a- o- e-ono--- -s-. ... - -a-e sa- -e -o--- -a-e -een -a-e -nto a se----ea--e -o- o- so-e so-t, -- -o- s--oo--aste-s -ne- -o-- --s-ness.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:15 AM   #755
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Silmaril Got it!

" No practical or economic use. I dare say he could have been made into a serviceable cog of some sort, if you schoolmasters knew your business."

Councillor Tompkins to Atkins, about poor Niggle.

(you forgot an e in "use", Esty, which made me rack my head about what word it could possibly be! )

Last edited by Guinevere; 05-24-2005 at 01:26 PM. Reason: a typo
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #756
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

ooopsie! Sorry about that - but my mistake didn't stop you from getting the right answer! Your turn...
Old 05-27-2005, 08:09 AM   #757
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty!

"---/ ---/ ---/ ---/ -----/ --------/! ---'-/ -----/ ---/ ---------/, ---'-/ ----/ --/ -----/ -------/, ---/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ------/!"
Old 05-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #758
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time once again!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:15 PM   #759
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"---/ ---/ ---/ ---/ -----/ --------/! ---'t/ -----/ t--/ ---------/, ---'t/ ----/ --/ ---t-/ -----t-/, ---/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ------/!"
Old 05-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #760
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S T

+ S, please