The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2003, 10:48 PM   #1
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting Possibility of more footage filmed in 2004!

I have no idea how reliable this is, but aintitcoolnews says there's a strong rumor floating round that Jackson will have the actors come back in 2004 to do more shooting for the extended DVD of RotK or some sort of expanded LotR box set. One Ring. net also picked up on this.<P>Folks are wondering if this could be scenes of the Scouring or possibly Tom Bombadil.<P>Here's the link:<P><A HREF="http://aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=16286" TARGET=_blank>ain't it cool news</A><P>Anyone want to take bets on this, or, if you think it's going to happen, tell us which scenes from the book might be involved.<p>[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-12-2003, 11:40 PM   #2
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I think that the actors will probably go back in 2004 (just as they have always done) to film more footage for the extended, but I highly doubt that they would be going back to film the scouring (especially since Saurman is going to be killed earlier in ROTK, so it would now make no sense at all. Unless they changed the entire story drastically from the theatrical). The Tom Bombadil sequence would make more sense especially because it could fit more easily into the movie version of the story. But I still don't think that it is going to be filmed (well, filmed by Peter Jackson at least)
Old 10-13-2003, 08:37 AM   #3
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <P>I really hope they add the Tom Bombadil scenes and the Barrow Downs scenes, because they were such integral parts to the story (or at least I think that they were integral parts).
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:06 PM   #4
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My goodness! It speaks volumes for PJ that all his actors are willing to return again and again to film even more pick-up shots. (Unless he had it locked into their contracts from the very beginning. )<P>I too, can't see the Scouring happening, for the above reasons sighted. Nor ol' Bombadil suddenly being cast, much as we would all love to see him.<P>One of things that bothered me (slightly) about Two Towers was that all the bases were covered, but so briefly. Everything had such a rushed feeling. I am really looking forward to the more leisurely pace that is promised for the extended edition. I'm a little afraid the same thing might happen in ROTK, and that these pick-up shots will be used to flesh out the final film. <P>One part I hope is covered in detail is Sam's rescue of Frodo in Cirith Ungol. That is Sam's finest moment, and I can't wait to see him go up against the Watchers at the Gate. I also suspect that we might see more of Frodo's treatment at the hands of the Orcs in the tower, and his reaction when he realizes the Ring is gone. (Which I always thought was a little underdone in the book.)<P>Here's an interesting final thought: do you suppose that PJ might take a page from one of Tolkien's own deleted scenes and show Sam's own departure from Middle Earth and his arrival in Tol Eressa?
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 06:45 PM   #5
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'm very excited about this, if only because I'll still have more to look forward to after seeing RotK in the theater.<P>tORn has a new snippet from Mr. Ordesky. He doesn't forsee the actors coming back for more shooting, unless it's voice work. <P>It seems like the new scenes will be similar to the ones in the FotR EE -- character building scenes that PJ wanted to put in initially but had to cut in the interests of time. (I'm hoping for the Houses of Healing, personally.) So, no new sets or anything. I don't care -- I'm still ecstatic.<P>-Lily
Old 10-13-2003, 06:53 PM   #6
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I hate to burst people's bubbles but I just read this at OneRing.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Shooting would continue next year for the extended DVD version, which is expected to be out for November 2004. It was unlikely principal actors would return for more filming, though some of the cast could be recalled to record dialogue for the DVD. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2690743a10,00.html" TARGET=_blank>Link</A><P>This likely has more to do with filming more effects, minatures and extras.<P>H.C.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:57 PM   #7
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

I heard that they were not going to 'punish' the loyal fans that bought all the extended versions by making a box set. So I really don't believe this and I kind of hope it is not true because I would love the extra footage but I don't want to buy the movies again.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote