Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-09-2003, 10:15 PM   #41
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

"Rysha!" her name rang through the corridors rather louder than the woman was comfortable with. Who was this bonehead? There were things in these caverns that it was not wise to disturb. Gritting her teeth with scarcely concealed annoyance she spun on her heel.

"Yes?" she inquired in that same voice, filled with mock civility. The man looked troubled. Rysha let a small smile creep onto her lips. She pulled her whip from where it hung on her belt and ran it through her white hands as she waited for a response. Her extreme pallor was startling in the dark cave, and the long white hands stroking the whip made a bizzare picture. She thought she saw Sikilkolindo pull back from her as she stepped toward him. A lovely moment, she thought, but the point? "Need something?" she asked him, waited for a reply, one booted foot tapping the stone.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-10-2003, 05:14 AM   #42
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Cersed waited in Gorthroth's cave, as far as possible from Grothroth himself, and conveying as much impatence and contempt as a green spectral cloudy figure can convey without saying anything. But he knew Gorthroth would understand exactly... That stuck-up one... thinks he's the head wight, yes... he doesn't go far enough from his cave... he doesn't hear them murmuring against us... but I know it all. This gave Cersed a pleasant cold sensation, shivering rhough what had once been his body. He knew more of what went on, of what the orcs and other wights said... but while the unwilling pact between Cersed and Gorthroth remained, they were inno danger. Each knew that if the other were overthrown, their own power may go into monopoly. Still they aren't here... Cersed kept waiting, but still thinking, taking pleasure in advance in his soon-to-be meals.

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #43
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dūm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Gaeriel danced even closer to Gorgoths’s cave, not noticing her proximity to it. She was excited about the upcoming events, that she knew now were about to arise. Gaeriel stopped and looked around. She was at the mouth of Gorgoth’s cave, glow illuminating it in a sickly green light. She weighed her options fro a minute or two. “Do I go in?” She pondered, “ or do I stay out and hide.” Then acting on pure impulse against her better judgement she floated into the cave through this maw into Gorgoth’s cave.

She stopped as soon as she had passed the threshold. “ What am I doing here?” she thought. She looked around seeing the other two wights and she suddenly felt very small and vulnerable. Not a being that was immensely evil but small and powerless, like she hadn’t felt since she had been alive and a child at that. But at the same time she felt a great swell of hatred towards these others ,and she wanted nothing more than to leave to her own halls. She turned to leave but for some reason she could not, she stayed “rooted” to the spot and maybe she waited, but for what. She was always waiting for something, she hardly ever knew what it was though, but still she was always waiting. She floated there in her decaying guise of her dry and cracking flesh;. flakes drifting to the floor only to disappear into nothing. She stood there looking at them from seemingly empty eye sockets wondering what to do next, waiting for who knows what.

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 05-13-2003, 01:08 PM   #44
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Well well, what do we have here?" spoke the other of the sneaky creatures and eyed Kurzag's cavern. "Yes, cosy hole it is, Gurzrog. Here we live as snug as a bug in a rug."

Red light flamed in Kurzag's eye as he heard these words, and the drowsy drunkenness evaporated as anger made his blood boil. If one or both of the intruding orcs had erred to laugh he would have attacked first and spoken later but now, gritting his teeth, he managed to hiss "This cave is taken. Objections?" And with that he raised his sword and took a step toward the twin orcs.

The situation was two against one but Kurzag wasn't worried; he had fought against heavier odds more than once. He took another tread and so menacing was his wroth appearance that the orc which had acceded further into the cave now instinctively tried to retreat. But this surely was Kurzag's lucky day; for while withdrawing the orc stumbled on a pile of filth and fell on his back. Kurzag was at once over his opponent, the edge of his sword on the unfortunate creature's throat.

The other orc snarled in his corner and Kurzag eyed him maliciously. "Gurzrog, wasn’t it? I would keep quiet and act calmly if I were you, just so your brother won't get his ugly head cut off." He kicked away the blade which the tumbled orc had lost and then bent nearer to his prey his face reflecting bleak triumph.

"Now, did you have something more to say or would you like me to throw you to the door?" Kurzag uttered, his ill-affected tone matching his grisly grin. The orc grimaced back to him and barely controlled his rage.

"A meeting", the wretched thing murmured. "There's a meeting."

"What? Speak up if you've something to say!"

"Gorthroth summons you!" the other orc barked, wisely omitting the word 'Lord'.

Doubt filled Kurzag's vicious mind but he didn't let it show from his face. "I see. Well, you may run as he tells you to - that suits you fine. I guess this call was addressed to you by that cheeky little vassal of his, Rysha or whatever her name is." Kurzag gave a short dry laugh. "Hah! A glimpse of her whip and you wailed on your knees before her!"

Kurzag had now had his fun. He grabbed the orc from his rags, hitched him up and slung him towards the cave's entry. "Now run, run to your master! I might just follow you, to see how you bow to him and crawl in his bloody feet!"

His hideous croak rang in the ears of the fleeing twins; they would surely remember this encounter for a long time.

Revenge! You'll live to regret those words!
Old 05-14-2003, 12:58 PM   #45
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sting

Rysha waited as Sikilkolindo began to speak. "This meeting, Rysha, what's it for? What does Gorthroth want of me?" his eyes were cautious. Rysha smiled. A proper respect for her master. But she thought she saw a gleam of ambition in his dark eyes as well. Her smile faded. Rysha served Lord Gorthroth. There was no room for outsiders. If Sikilkolindo thought that this might be an opportunity to gain authority with the wights... Her fingers stopped stroking the whip and closed about the handle purposefully. Rysha would deal with it.

"What do they want with me?" Sikilkolindo demanded again. Startled from her private thoughts Rysha snapped out of her fixed glare at Sikilkolindo and mentally scolded herself for letting her irritation show.

"There is to be a council. Dwarves are bound this way, and we must not let them survive." Delicious thought... Rysha's smile was back, full force. Sikilkolindo nodded, the caution in his face remaining.

"I'll be there." he repeated.

As Rysha hurried back to the cavern where Gorthroth waited, she overheard an exchange between some orcs and Kurzag in his cavern. Rysha knew Kurzag well. Those newcomers had best watch their steps.

Hurrying into Gorthroth's chamber Rysha was startled to see not one, but three wights inside. Gaeriel, one of the lesser wights from the deeper caves had come, it seemed. She curled her lip in a sneer as she passed Gaeriel, and positioned herself at a respectful proximity to Cersed and Gorthroth- though noticeably closer to Gorthroth.

She bowed low, her hood covering her face entirely as she concentrated on the cavern floor. Gorthroth's voice summoned her to rise, and she did.

"They are coming, my Lord." she said, unable to supress a grin. "The orcs, the men, they are all coming. None dare defy your command."
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-14-2003, 10:04 PM   #46
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Nori had been peering into the darkness for long while but he could still not see anything or hear anything. So shaking his head, thinking that maybe it was just the wind he belted his axe and went to have a look around.

Suddenly he heard a yell and as he looked round to were the yell had come from he saw The boy Jem drawing his daggers, The yelling and the drawing of his daggers had been enough to alert the whole group, who where all now drawing weapons. "What is it" Nori whispered to the boy. "I felt something pass my leg" he said, There was no fear in the lads voice just an alertness.

Nori took his throwing axe from his belt and looked around. All of a sudden he let it fly across the cavern, it hit something soft which let out a high pitched skreech. Nori walk over to retrieve his axe. As he got up he was laughing heartily in one hand he had his axe and in the other he had by the tail an extremely large, fat and now very dead rat, "it's just a rat" he was laughing. Some of the others laughed too, Sheathing their weapons.

Jem lowered his head totally ashamed "don't worry lad we all make mistakes" Nori said to him still laughing. Nori was not Laughing at the boy but at how edgey and tense they had all been. He hoped that now the group would be less so and maybe even start to enjoy the adventure, so what if the ran into something he felt confident that this group could defeat anything. He laughed again and looked to falin to see it the would be leaving.

[ May 15, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-15-2003, 03:58 PM   #47
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Gorthroth rose from his throne as two orcs twins and two humans entered. Rysha and Cersed stood near and the third wight stood to his left.

"Dwarves and Men have entered.....our....caves, they must be stopped." His voice rasped and commanded silence.
"We must prevent them from accessing the cave system."

"What do you propose?" Cersed asked, with a slight lack of respect.

"We will search and destroy them in a collaborated effort. And failing that, disperse them into smaller groups and hunt the down one at a time."

"The spiders?" one of the orcs asked, "wont they do anything?"

"We cannot rely on webweavers to clear this threat!" Gorthroth said, in a powerful tone. The orc retreated a few steps.

The cavern's atmosphere was thick until Rysha broke the silence, cracking her whip, "let us get to it."

"How shall we do this?" Hermesin asked, apprehensively.

"We will divide and attack from two sides in the cave of spears," Gorthroth explained. The cave he referred to was littered with stalagmites across its rocky floor and stalagtites that hung ominously from the high ceiling above. There were many exits from the cavern, a perfect place for an ambush.

Gorthroth continued, "I will lead the first group, with Gaeriel and Hermesin." As he spoke, another orc (kurzag) entered, "and you!" Gorthroth pointed, " will also join me. We will attack from the north passage. The rest of you, under Cersed will attack from the south."

He finished and resumed his seat, "we will attack in two hours!"
Old 05-16-2003, 01:24 PM   #48
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Gaeriel had been looking at al of the living and breathing things in the room with her. She looked at the other wights and contained herself, as she listened to Gorthroth. She understood the whole of the plan. She hated to be ordered around (a trait that she had carried on into death); she was the one who liked giving them. Gaeriel also knew the importance of following these orders anyway. She listened and when Gorthroth mentioned her as to accompany the first ambush party she almost hated him for it, and yet, she was excited; the opportunity to kill, or at least to drive mortals mad.

" How will we attack?" she asked pieces of skin flaking to the floor disappearing into nothing, " I mean what do you want me to do, sir?" she asked the last word ending venomously. " Shall we lure or shall we run in on them head on. What is your plan other than just the ambush, how will it work?" Gaeriel asked these questions, her mind teaming with evil ideas. Her voice seemed a raspy echo in the minds of all that listened. Her voice had once been loving and kind, the type of voice children loved. But no more it was reduced to a rasp, a breath of wind that could be heard in the mind, but occasionally audible to loving ears.

She suddenly changed her appearance; from the mummified creature that she preferred to the woman she had been. The green glow about her reflected of white skin and blue green eyes flecked with gold. She still wore traveling clothes but they were no longer reduced to rags. Her sword at her hip swung gently down from her belt and its white pominal shown in the green glow of her presence. This was a great luring tactic, she wondered if Gorthrth knew this. She looked at Rysha, her eyes full of evil. " You are such a good little thrall aren’t you?" She looked at the girl with contempt, and a hint of jealousy.

" What do you want to do?" she asked looking back to Gorthroth. Her voice dripped with venom; still a rasping in the air.

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 05-16-2003, 03:40 PM   #49
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sting

Rysha glowered. The wight, Gaeriel, clothed in a semblance of her former self, cast her a contemptuous glance. "You are such a good little thrall aren’t you?" Rysha spit on the floor, raising her eyes to Gaeriel's. A small sneer twisted her face. She was more powerful than the lesser undead here. She didn't fear the wight, not with Gorthroth in the room. She was too valuable a servant for her master to lose for no reason.

But her master's next words rocked her. "I will lead the first group, with Gaeriel and Hermesin...and you!" he pointed at Kurzag who was just entering. "We will attack from the north passage. The rest of you, under Cersed will attack from the south." Rysha's eyes narrowed. She would be under Cersed? Commotion was erupting in all parts of the cave as the orcs and men argued over the best plans of attack.

Rysha stood stone still, casting a wary glance at the wights. She inched closer to Gorthroth, lowered her head and growled, "Master, I don't work with Cersed." her voice was angry. Rysha wasn't a plaything, to be passed back and forth between the undead creatures. She fingered the handle of her whip from habit. She had come far for this; sneaking into the caverns as an early teen she had defended herself, defended her territory, made all fear her. She had caught Gorthroth's attention by merit, she thought fiercely. She was Gorthroth's eyes and hands in the world. Not a pawn, an underling sent to serve another.

Gaeriel seemed to be watching this exchange with amusement. Rysha slowly controlled her facial muscles. She hated Gaeriel. Returning her glare to Gorthroth, she said again, "Master, why?"

Gorthroth's tone was irritated, and Rysha shivered in the cold air that rippled around him as he spoke. "You must watch Cersed," he said. "Make sure my treasure is safe. You are my strong right arm Rysha."

Her anger evaporating Rysha smiled. Gorthroth feared Cersed. This was information to tuck away for later. She flexed her fingers where they'd stiffened around her whip handle. His strong right arm... she mused, yes. Eyes narrowed in the dimly lit cavern she nodded.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:35 PM   #50
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dūm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

Hermesin was to go with Gorthroth. The thought hit him a few seconds late, after it was said. Great, he thought I'm to go with the head wight..

Not that he hated Gorthroth, it was just that being under somebody so big, bigger in prestige and honor than himself would surley be tough. He hated being under the control of ones so much higher in status than himself. They could do anything to him, and he could do nothing to them.

Well, at least this was for a noble cause... To get rid of those filthy dwarves and humans who had entered the cave, trying to take hold of it, maybe?
Old 05-17-2003, 02:43 AM   #51
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Cersed almost hissed in disgust at the 'people' he had been given. Not that there were any better, he realized... Rysha, though he hated her, was a competent fighter, though he was sure he knew that Gorthroth hadn't placed his favorite in his rival's group by accident... the others were of no worth, really. Some he had seen before, hunting or just roaming, but nothing extraordinary. Still, he felt something that might have been called gladness that Gorthroth had taken Gaeriel into his own group... she annoyed Cersed infinitely. She was far too impudent for her own good. Ah well, he would teach her manners sometime.

He snapped back to his surroundings, glanced comtempuously at the orcs staring up at him, and at Rysha standing nearby, fingering her whip, and a piercingly cold but low voice floated out of the greenish cloud that he was, for now. "Come," he said, and began to float out the door. He stopped for a moment, deciding which side to hit from, who to put at the front, who at the back. He pushed himself into his former shape, as he knew Gorthroth and Gaeriel must have been doing as well, and half walked half floated out, a young black haired man with eyes that had once been jolly and green, but now shone with a terrible and ancient light that was far worse than darkness. He swept them over the group in his following once more, lingering on Rysha until she looked up, giving something that might once have been a derisive smirk, knowing she was the only one of the group who was not too scared of him to try something of her own, and curved past them all, his mind no longer on the people he had been given but on the deliciously entertaining task ahead.

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-18-2003, 09:13 AM   #52
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

As Cersed made to leave, now in his original form, Gorthroth called, "we will attack first, and then you will enter as they flee or make ready to fight."
The pale figure of a man nodded and, with his group following, left the hall.

Gorthroth looked around, Gaerial had assumed a human form already, Hermesin was resolute but there was a trace of worry. Kurzag seemed not in the least bit worried but rather hungry. He was chewing on something that Gorthroth thought to be a chunk of meat.

"The plan will be carried out exactly as I say," Gorthroth began and as he did so, his figure shimmered and turned into that of a small boy. "Gaeriel and I will stumble out of the passageway and fall to the floor. Kurzag, you will follow as if in chase. The enemy will attack you and as they pass the tunnel Hermesin will attack from the side. We, now in the midst of them as I know they will protect us, will then attack in whatever form we choose. Gaeriel, you must hide your sword until this time." With this he changed from his boy form back to his ghastly glowing, hooded figure, a fresh wave of fear hitting his companions. "And then, Cersed's group will enter into the fray."

He flexed his muscles and made fort he door. "Come, we have much ground to cover. Are there any questions?"

As Gorthroth walked, still in Wight form, he considered his group. They would do. He noticed with much mirth that Cersed and Gaeriel had returned to there human forms. How pitiful! He would remain in his more powerful form for the fighting, that of his ghostly aura. He was the most powerful Wight!

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]
Old 05-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #53
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Gaeriel followed Gorthroth through the halls. She heard his plan and hated it. She did not want to follow these orders. "Anyway," she thought, " I have no treasures to keep, just the sword and the dead." She looked at this as sport but she did not like to hunt with others. She flickered between her tow forms as she thought on this. Gaeriel lagged behind. She, without the knowledge of Gorthroth slipped into her own territory. TO wait there.

She smiled as she walked by her trophy of the dead orc, and she smiled. She thought back many centuries to those days that had been taken from her. Her children had been alive and grown when she had come here. Her heart so cold and evil still ached to see them, but knew she couldn't. These thoughts were what she tried to avoid. instead she turned her energies to thinking out her plans. Building her unseen webs. She would lure them here. She walked by her own body, skeleton really, and looked at it. She decided to move it down the way a little; bone by bone. The decaying orc was moved to another hall too. Arranging both faces to the earth and poised in such a way as to denote terror.

She then hovered in the mouth of her tunnels and caves, about two, lurking; waiting, just waiting for the game...
Old 05-18-2003, 01:48 PM   #54
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"I will lead the first group, with Gaeriel and Hermesin", Kurzag heard Gorthroth's voice echoing in the cavern as he entered in it. The sound was hollow and dark like Kurzag's heart but there was something more to it – it seemed to rise straight from the stone around the creature and it was cold, cold as death itself.

"And you will also join me." The wight continued, now addressing his words to Kurzag. "We will attack from the north passage. The rest of you, under Cersed will attack from the south." "We will attack in two hours!"

Violent shivers went through Kurzag's mutilated body. He tried to suppress them which only made him shake even worse. But the icy air lingering in the cave had hardly anything to do with this. Red flame flickered again in Kurzag's eye and his fists squeezed convulsively, his knuckles turning white as he tried to somehow master his rage. Who he thinks he is, telling ME what to do?! He clenched his rotten teeth so forcibly that two of them twisted off and the taste of blood filled his mouth.

Pain luckily had a calming effect on the orc and the blood in his mouth made him only hungry again. Fine then, let's hear what that scarecrow has planned in its damned head. Kurzag watched nonchalantly as the other group left under the lead of Cersed and listened with one ear what Gorthroth was saying. "Kurzag, you will follow as if in chase. The enemy will attack you and as they pass the tunnel Hermesin will attack from the side." Kurzag growled, neither endorsing nor disapproving. Then a ghoulish grin rose to his face I'll surely follow you, Master Wight, and take part in this hunt – but maybe not the way you had planned!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kurzag trudged through the many caves and tunnels following Gorthroth and Hermesin. He didn't see Gaeriel but could feel her just a few steps behind – the coldness fell like another skin around him. Suddenly the icy clasp eased and then it was gone. Kurzag looked over his shoulder to see nothing but darkness. Aha! another who likes to fly solo., he grimaced and bothered not to inform Gorthroth about Gaeriel's parting. Let the Boss figure it out by himself, he mused maliciously.

As Kurzag finished this thought their dwindled company reached the Cave of Spears. Everything was calm, the sound of water dripping from the stalactites being the only thing to break the silence.

Gorthroth had stopped and turned around, obviously to deliver new orders. To Kurzag's great delight the wight seemed first uneasy and then furious as he detected Gaeriel's absence. Gorthroth's distraction still tickled Kurzag as he spoke simulating solemn tone

"Hmm, we seem to be missing a companion... Well, that suits me fine – the smaller the group the larger ones share of the kill."

Judging by the freezing atmosphere Kurzag's words had not deadened Gorthroth's rage. Obstinate as he was Kurzag couldn't bring himself to admit Gorthroth's supremacy but this time he knew where to draw the line.

"The dwarves and men will be here, hopefully, soon. Now what's our next move?" the orc asked turning to watch the wight, and waited for his motion.

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]
Old 05-18-2003, 08:33 PM   #55
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A smile broke over Falin's face. "See, there's nothing to fear here...I think", he chuckled. "If this is what comes of stopping, perhaps we'd better go." Nobody seemed to object to that idea.

The party continued, leaving the dripping cavern for a wide tunnel with large flowstones and a potholed, uneven floor. Amid finding footing, Falin sensed something in the darkness behind-something terrible. To distract himself, he talked to Nori, beside him. "If my map is right, we're still on the right path, and a third of the way to our destination In a few minutes, we'll come to a magnificent huge room, with a great many stalactites- but no stalagmites. This is a curious place."

------------------

Undarion followed the wights and varying creatures, lurking behind in the darkness. Dwarves and humans... If there are dwarves, there must be gold, he thought. He would not attack them, but if they survived, he would follow the remaining treasure hunters to their destination. He wanted to know what they were after.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:41 AM   #56
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sikilkolindo walked briskly down the dark hall, joining another man and what looked (and smelled) like two orcs. They all hurried into a small room, the entrance of which Sikilkolindo had never seen before, though he knew he must have walked down this passage many times.

He stood in silence at the back of the room with the others, listening to Gorthroth's plan. The objective seemed fair, but the plan itself was not to his liking.

Sikilkolindo frowned, looking from the others, to Cersed. A wight...

He hadn't been in these caves that long. He hadn't really had to deal with a wight before, and he didn't like the look of this one.

Judging from Rysha's reaction to him as he fixed his gaze on her, neither did she. Sikilkolindo approached her.

"Trouble?" he said softly, a smile spreading across his face. "Or are you afraid?"
Old 05-19-2003, 07:30 AM   #57
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As Geariel slipped away Gorthroth felt her presence diminish, but continued along the route. The ambush would not fail because of her. He was enraged by the actions of the foolish Wight but she was small and he would deal with her later.

He turned on Kurzag as the orc spoke, "do....we will do nothing until the enemy approaches!"
His voice was more stern than normal and he sent even more waves of fear and power over Hermesin and Kurzag.

His plan had already been changed and he would now be alone in the midst of the dwarves and men. He would have to wait longer before attacking lest he be overwhelmed, which would mean Cersed would wait longer...perhaps too long. But surely Rysha would not, he had her under his command.

"Hermesin, scout ahead to the entrance over there," Gorthroth commanded, pointing to the entrance through which the enemy would enter. As he left, Gorthroth felt the presence of Cersed across the wide hall.

"Good," he thought, "we are all in place."
Old 05-19-2003, 02:03 PM   #58
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dūm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

"Hermesin, scout ahead to the entrance over there,"

After the meeting in which Hermesin had heard his role in the plan, he had joined Gorthroth and had heard his command. After Gorthroth glided silently away, Hermesin approached the entrance Gorthroth had commanded him to go to.

Hermesin stood there, waiting, waiting... Suddenly he froze. There were footsteps approaching his position.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:21 AM   #59
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Nori walked along the wide tunnel using his axe as a support on the uneven, pot filled path. He talked with falin as they walked, he told him that they would soon reach a huge room full of stalactites.

But Falin's description did not do the room justice as they came apon it Nori gapped in wonder, he could not see the top of the ceiling, but the stalactites were very long and sharp looking and their milky white deposits gave the room a soft white glow.

As they entered the room Nori shivered this room was colder than any of the others they had already been in. he noticed that some of the stalactites were dangerously loose and was just about to turn to warn the others, when......

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 05-20-2003, 05:26 AM   #60
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Gorthroth watched as Hermesin ran to the cavern entrance. After some time he turned and signalled to the Wight, before diving for cover behind a small rocky outcrop from the wall. Gorthroth immediately changed form and, turning to Kurzag, said, "Give me plenty of time and then follow." The Wight's voice coming from the young boy's fqace was disturbing and gruesome but Kurzag nodded.

Gorthroth watched as the group of enemies entered, dwarves with axes, men and women all armed.

Gorthroth set about wailing, as if he were further back along his own passage and slowly it grew in sound and with a leap he burst out of the tunnel entrance, ran for several metres and then tripped and fell. He watched as the group starred in disbelief and then right on cue, Kurzag lumbered out of the tunnel, slavering at the mouth.

As Gorthroth expected, the sound of metal being released came to his ears and Kurag swung around to meet his foe. He stood still for one moment and then ran, not back from where he had come or to the entrance where Cersed waited but the huge cavernous arch that stood opposite the band of explorers.

At once the enemies gave chase and soon they were spread out around the cavern. Three of them were chasing Kurzag, four had crowded around Gorthroth/Boy asking if he was alright and two dwarves, axes in hand scanned the cave. He mumbled, "I'm alright," before slumping to the ground in mock unconsciousness.

He watched through half-closed eyes as Hermesin leapt upon the dwarf from behind. The second dwarf cried out and Gorthroth smiled, Kurzag was level with Cersed's entrance now. Cersed would come and the enemy would be destroyed.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:28 AM   #61
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

It's working! Kurzag grimaced as he spurted across the cavern. He could hear his pursuers, there were at least three of them. Three is fine, three is good!

When Kurzag was near the other entrance he caught a glimpse of the other wight and his group on his right side.

"Attack!" Kurzag let a blood-curdling scream as if it was in his power to command wights and all other creatures. The chaos spread like fire behind him and the walls echoed mockingly the yells of the frightened dwarves and men.

Kurzag reached the other end of the hall where large stone slabs and deep shadows offered many hides. The orc plunged to the shades and at that very same moment swung round to meet his chasers. He was slightly winded, due to excitement rather than the running. Kurzag raised his curved sword and waited for his prey, his eye gleaming maliciously in the menacing darkness.

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]
Old 05-20-2003, 07:50 AM   #62
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

... they suddenly heard wailing, and a young boy charge into the room, he tripped and fell over a few feet away from them, Nori stared in disbelief, what was this child doing here he thought looking at the others who immediately ran to the boy's aid.

Just then an orc came running in, Nori's face contorted into a look of utter disgust and loathing, a low feral growl issued from his lips 'so this is the boy's persuer he growled.' Suddenly images of his brother and mothers mutalated bodies flashed into his head and a maddness took him, he no longer saw or heeded anyone or anything around him, his only thought was to kill this foul creature.

Khazād ai-mźnu! he scream at the top of his lungs, as he charged at the orc, due to the blood pumping to his ears he could not hear if any of his company had followed him and he didn't care.

As if to infuriate him futher the orc turned and fled down hall, but Nori persued him relentlessly, his maddness pushing his limbs to their limits forcing him to keep up with the foul creature.

As the orc came to the end of the hall he plunged into the darkness and swung round to meet him wielding his curved sword, Nori came on him axe swinging and with a gleam in his eyes of one possesed with maddness, "Feel the bite of my axe you stinking foul beast," he cried as he brought his weapon to bear on the Orc.

Old 05-20-2003, 07:59 AM   #63
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Kurzag's waiting proved out to be short: one of the dwarves reached him right as he turned around. The orc grinned and licked his lips.

"Feel the bite of my axe you stinking foul beast", the dwarf screamed, sounding like a growling wild beast himself, and charged on the orc. Kurzag swerved to the right and the first deadly stroke went astray. Such was the force charged up in the blow that when the edge of his axe didn't meet any resistance on its course the dwarf staggered and fell on his knees.

"Where are the others? One is too easy!" Kurzag raged frantically and turned to finish up what he thought was an easy kill. "One is not eno-..."

Kurzag's croak broke off as the sharp-edged blade cut through his tripe with one mighty slash. Kurzag looked up at the dwarf and then down to his feet, his wry face reflecting utter disbelief. Convulsively he squeezed the hilt of his sword in his right hand while trying to press the wound with his left arm. But the cut was too deep: his guts drained to the ground from between his fingers and his blood run in small warm streams to the rough floor. Red haze blurred Kurzag's sight and he swayed. His other two pursuers arrived just to see him slump down to the ground.

The dwarf, still on his knees, stared at the orc's body in front of him. He looked confused as if he had just woken from a dread nightmare just to realize the dream had become reality.

"Nori, are you hurt?" a voice forced its way into the dwarf's consciousness. It was a scream but in Nori's ears it rang like a frail whisper from afar. He didn't respond but leant over the corpse that lay there facing the earth. Without further considerations Nori grabbed the orc by its right shoulder and swung him over. The rotten creature's foul smell mixed with the stench of his entrails and Nori felt sick. He bent left and vomited yellow bile from his empty stomach.

Right then, without warning, Nori heard a dire murmur, a voice reaching from behind a grave.

"Burzum...burzum-ishi... And you will follow ME!" Bloodless hand rose, still wielding the sword to which it had clutched in death. With his last strengths Kurzag cried and thrust the blade to the dwarf's flesh. Then, his final outrage carried out he fell down together with Nori, his last prey. Gone was the red flame that had flickered in his eye but a ghoulish grin remained on his lips.

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]
Old 05-20-2003, 09:28 AM   #64
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Gaeriel, hearing the noise ventured further out of her all. she saw the pitiful orc run by chased be a dwarf, she almost laughed. She in her human from looking on. her coldness only broken by the dwarfs anger. She found her human weight as she began to walk towards the commotion, this was the only time she made footprints, or made noise for that matter. Hiding her sword beneath her cloak she found the long forgotten crest of her family,(actually her husband). It was as she remembered it was a serpent on a field os blue flanked by two fish. She wondered if any would remember now how this came to be their crest so far from the Grey Havens. She inched foward and began to watch the action. Finding a hiding spot behind some huge stalagmites framed the entrance to the cave.

She thought it funny that this head weight would resort to such actions, such as feigning a child's fear. He was not so good at it. As Gaeriel watched there she kneeled down her human weight finding the rock and dust of the cave leaving marks on the floor. In her living form now she watched her hair falling as it most often did in a mantle to cover her shoulders. Gorthroth would be steaming, she knew, that she had evaded the plan. But she had not agreed with it all that much any way. She watched, and waited...
Old 05-20-2003, 04:52 PM   #65
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sting

"Trouble?" Sikilkolindo asked, smiling. "Or are you afraid?"

Rysha shot him a look of utter disgust. "I serve the undead. I need not fear them." The look on Sikilkolindo's face was mocking. He bowed low.

"Yes, Lady Rysha." he said. Her whip cracked in the air beside him, her face irritated. Rising to his full height Sikilkolindo laughed. Rysha cracked her whip again, this time in earnest. The bandit looked shocked as a small tear appeared in the shoulder of his tunic, blood seeping out of a fresh welt.

"Do not mock me." She said softly, her black eyes hard under the hood of her cloak. Sikilkolindo stared back at her, one hand tightening around the hild of his sword.

The greenish blur that was Cersed cut suddenly between them. Rysha took a step back, out of the wight's cold aura, and dropped to her knees. Sikilkolindo stumbled back, shock registering in his eyes. Rysha was afraid too, but she'd learned to hide it. She smirked across the gap at the wide eyed man.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:02 PM   #66
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Haydn and Faruom both gasped as the seemingly dead orc raised its bloodless hand, still clinging to it's weapon and watched in horror as the orc used it last ounce of strength to thrust the sword right into the Dwarf's side, as Nori slumped to the ground Haydn ran to his aid pulling herbs out of a rather weather worn leather pouch, as Faruom ran over to the orc kicking it hard to make sure it was dead.

Haydn knelt by Nori's side and inspected the wound "Is he alive?" Faruom inquired with look of concern on his face, "yes he will live, the sword went right through but it doesn't seem to have cut through any viatal organs, But I will need to take this out" he said pointing to the sword that was protruding from the dwarf's right side. Faruom nodded knowing what Haydn wanted him to do, he grabbed the still unconscious dwarf's shoulders and held them down, then he nodded that he was ready. Haydn sat on the dwarfs legs and when Faruom nodded he quickly pulled the sword from the dwarf's side.

The pain woke Nori, He screamed out as the sword slid out. Nori's vision was blurry, he could feel a sharp pain in his side and someone holding him down, in his confusion he started to thrash about trying to shake off who ever was holding him down. "It's us! it's us! we're trying to help you!" Haydn screamed at him. He stopped thrashing and as his eyes refocused he could see both Haydn and Faruom leaning over him, The Ranger put some herbs into his mouth and chewed them for a bit then spat them out on to his hand, Nori wrinkled his nose in disgust. "They will help" Haydn said catching Nori's look, he gave the same mixture of herbs to Faruom indicating that he should do the same for the exit wound and together they applyed the herbs to his wounds.Nori winced, but Haydn grabbed his hand saying "hold that there for a minute." Then he tore a large strip of material from his cloak and wrapped it several times around the dwarf's middle tying it tight, alittle too tight Nori thought.

"can you stand" Faruom asked as the pair went to help him up. He defiantly pushed them away and gritting his teeth he stood, he was suprised the pain hadn't been as bad as he thought it would be, he looked down at the now bandaged wound. As he did Haydn said "the Herbs should numb the wound and stop the bleeding" as Nori looked up the pair were wiping his blood from their hands. He thanked Haydn and turned to thank Faruom but he was standing over the dead orc, he looked in deep thought.

Suddenly he turned round saying "did Either of you hear it shout for someone or something else to Attack?" Nori shook his head, he couldn't remember much and what he could was still hazey, But Haydn nodded saying "yes, I did. do you think there is more of them" Faruom nodded "then we had better get back quick!" Nori cried. "Are you sure you can" Haydn said glancing at the dwarf, "Sure I can" he said frowning at the Ranger, but he bit back a grimance as he lifted his axe. The three then made their way back to the Stalactite room were they had left the others.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:29 PM   #67
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Seeing this predicament Gaeriel slipped away into her own halls again. She waited for anyone to come. Hearing the noise from the cavern echoed down to her as she walked, in her human weight to her halls.

Reaching the mouth of her territory she took hold of her sword belt. She unbuckled it and placed it leaning against the wall, she sat or appeared to sit there weary and wounded( as she had before she died). She had the pretense of being lost. She looked at her sword the crest showing in the slight green glow that emanated from it and her. She began to think of the times past that she had lost. Her cold heart ached for those times that had been stolen from her. If she could she would have wept. She desperately wanted just to see her children again. Just to see them, she thought, might bring me peace. But she knew that they were dead, long dead, they would have been for centuries. She wondered if they had had any children of their own. She wanted to see her husband agin, to hold and be held, but that was long ago and could not happen.
Suddenly she looked up from her pondering....

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 05-22-2003, 02:21 PM   #68
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Cersed whirled back into his wightish shape as he sprang between the two, the man and Rysha. He saw them staring at each other, and a cold voice came out of him. "Now is not the time for squabbling. Save it for the live ones," he said, disregarding that both of those he spoke with were alive, knowing that they'd be able to tell what he meant. He waved a spectral hand and all came closer. He pointed at the entrance to the cave where the dwarves and men were. "Wait till you see fighting that has been going on for at least 3 minutes," he commanded. They nodded dutifully, almost all with a hint of fear in their eyes.

But it was only a moment later, he saw one of the men and one of the orcs move out towards the battle uncertainly. He could not get them back at the moment, because if he moved he knew Rysha and Siliklolindo would cut each other up, and he needed both of them, no matter how much they bickered among themselves. And the rest of his group began to slowly sweep away after, going into battle too early, only a few trying to restrain the rest. Cersed looked over them quickly. Now he knew which ones to 'promote' when his group got back, and which to punish... he thought no further than that, for he knew that there would be more that they would have to do to catch the group. As almost all of the group was out and fighting, he floated out as well, changing as he went, causing all he stared at to fall back at the sight of the young man with the eyes full of ancient fury striding into the room, then slickering back to his wightish shape, pushing all to the sides where some were slaughtered, but, he could see with regret, some were getting away faster than he could herd them all together. Cersed set his eyes on a dwarf, deciding that this one would be his meal.

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-22-2003, 07:58 PM   #69
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Aldor leant over the shaking boy, his breastplate still grasped in his hand. He had not had enough time to strap in on before an orc chasing the lad had stumbled upon them.

Now the cavern was filled with shouts and clanging of swords. He could hear the yells of some of the company that had raced down a passage in persuit. It seemed more than one orc was in the fray.

With great difficulty, Aldor began to strap on his armour, careful not to lose grip on his sword. Smoothing his hand over the crest on his breastplte, he felt some assurance.

He looked at the boy and grunted 'What possessed ye to come wandering in here?' He said naught, but something short of a smile was playing on his face. His eyes seemed to stare at him a certain was that disconcerted him and made his suspicion rise all the more...

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 05-22-2003, 09:21 PM   #70
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Cersed stared forward, assessing the situation. He turned his terrifying eyes in the direction of another mortal- the food dwarf would wait- and let out what could have been a giggle or snort, but sounded terribly evil coming from his- mouth, making everybody in the room pause for a moment, live or dead, shudder, and carry on.

Gorthroth was in the form of a boy. Cersed would always remember this sight- a little innocent boy. Except his eyes, of course... the man in front of him seemed to be noticing something, so Cersed drew closer, merely a bystander, and making sure to turn totally into his human shape, shaking his hair down to his nose, eyes covered by dark soft hair, facial expression merely that of sheer terror, he pretended to fall, really only to manage to cover himself slightly with the blood of a man who lay nearby... he smirked at Gorthroth, then stumbled up, and ran forward, arms extended, towards the dwarf, stumbling and dripping with red...

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-23-2003, 02:19 AM   #71
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As Cersed cam near them, the man protecting him grabbed Gorthroth's wrist as if to drag him away from the bloodied man. But as their skin touched, Aldor's legs went limp and he fell down beside the boy. Gorthroth watched with amusement as Cersed's expression turned from fright to rage, and the Wight snarled before tracking a course for another dwarf.

His cover exposed, Gorthroth rose and in a swirl of black and green mist, transformed from boy to Wight. He sent huge waves of chill and fear throughout the cave and snarled a cold, piercing snarl. He bent down to the man and taking the breastplate threw it away. It ripped open the tunic underneath to reveal his bare chest and placed his hand slowly down, over the man's heart. As his hand touched skin, he watched as the bloody rushed from every other part of the body. The man began to convulse as Gorthroth feasted.

But suddenly, the Wight stopped. He realised that he still did not know for sure what the enemies were here for, perhaps a prisoner would be useful. He had feasted well, and the man was near death, but he was not gone yet. Gorthroth picked him up and quickly sped from the cavern and out to one of the side passages from where he had emerged. He laid the man down before turning and re-entering the cave. There was other food awaiting...
Old 05-23-2003, 02:29 AM   #72
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Upon seeing Gorthroth feasting so well, Cersed's hunger for flesh was suddenly reawakened. Turning back to his wightish form he whirled towards the dwarf he had deecided upon earlier, waited till he turned and saw him, and, with a short laugh, touched him delicately on the arm and dodging as the axe whizzed over his smoky head, causing about as much damage as would a grain of dirt to the dwarf, except a tiny graze which dripped from a tiny welt of scarlet blood tinted with green. He watched, amusedatched, amused, as the dwarf crumpled and fell, a few at his sides rushing forward as though making to help. He ignored them, merely giving them icy stares any time they got too close...

The wight feasted well, savoring his meal and feeling utterly content. He dropped his victim after a while, standing up and looking around. He waved a hand to all who might see and swept out of the cavern into the corridors outside, the ones he knew so well...

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-23-2003, 02:18 PM   #73
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sting

Rysha held back, as the rest swept into the caverns. Sikilkolindo gave her a withering glance and rushed into the fight as well. Rysha stood stock still, her ears straining. Were those footsteps behind? Her dark eyes narrowed she pressed herself close to the wall of the passage, dark cloak flung around herself, hoping the shadows would mask her presence.

Labored footsteps came up the passage from behind her. Rysha's hearbeat quickened. Finally, a chance to see what these creatures were after in the caves. Rysha had been around long enough to know what treasures Gorthroth and Cersed coveted, and thus far hadn't seen anything worth this expedition.

The footsteps drew nearer, a faint moaning sound accompanying them. A dwarf, Rysha thought, and at least one man. Two men, actually, she quickly corrected as they came around the corner. The man nearest her had long brownish hair and a tanned face. She grinned in the darkness as she made up her mind. Stepping out of the shadows she drew her sword, its curved blade glinting dully in the torchlight from the larger cavern.

The man, her target, gave a startled cry. "Take Nori out of here!" he yelled. Rysha's smile grew wider. Stupid fool, sending away his companions. Her blade clashed with his as the other two ran down the passage.

"My name is Rysha." she said softly, as she swung her blade around toward him again. She didn't really want to hurt him at this point, but it was necessary to keep him busy. The man grunted in response to her question. "What are you here for?" she asked him, her eyes narrowed to slits. With every blow of steel on steel she skillfully maneuvered him back into the deeper caverns. The dark fell around them.

It was like a dance, the swing and block motion. Rysha barely thought about it, as she continued the small talk that would eventually bring this man under her whip. "Why have you come here? Do you not know that this is the ground of the dead that walk? They will not let you leave."

The man's eyes began to grow wild. Rysha had seen it happen before. Her calm persistence was out of place in this dark world, and men were afraid of her. "I serve the darkness. I am Rysha, the strong arm of Gorthroth, King of these halls." She laughed in her head at that pretentious title for a relic long dead. But it was the sound that mattered, the sound that made the man shiver with fear, made him lose his nerve. It soon would cause him to make a mistake.

The mistake soon came. The man stumbled over the uneven ground in the darkness. He fell backward, his head striking the rock wall of the cavern. Rysha returned her sword to her belt, barely winded. She looked at the man lying unconscious on the stone floor.

Grinning, she surveyed the cavern. There were certain places most suitable for the questioning of a prisoner. Rysha's maneuverings had brought them close to one of those places. Not much farther, she thought, as she grasped the man's wrists and began laboriously to drag him down the passage. Just a bit farther...

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
Old 05-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #74
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Gaeriel sensing the presence of another in her halls got up to investigate. There lying in front of her halls was a man, barely alive she thought, but still some sport if there was some to be had. She picked up the body and dragged it to a secluded location in her territory. A small cavern that she kept secret from the rest. In this barely reachable place she propped the man up on the wall, his torn tunic falling open to reveal the prints of Gorthroth's feasting. She left him there to revive. Of course they are more fun when they are awake.

She in her haste had forgotten her sword so now was the time to retrieve it. Weaving a web of insanity around the mouth of her secret grotto she left the man slumping against a wall. She walked down the hall, finding a human weight again. She found her sword and strapped it to her hips. She checked her surrounding territories and went slowly back to the cavern.

In the cavern the man was groggily waking up. His eyes, she saw, widened as she entered and he viewed the terrible beauty before him.She in her human form, walked over to him looking slightly fiendish, but all the same Geriel, Sea daughter. Her golden hair fell around her shoulders like a nun’s habit. Her eyes were gray-blue, yet they had a pale green sheen about them. Her skin was white and her mouth generous. All the while she smiled at herself, thanking Gorthroth silently for this small gift. Her traveling cloths mud spattered and boots seemingly still caked with dried mud. Her Sword hung at her side as she poised in front of this new toy, not knowing what to do with it first. The crest on her sword glinted in the light of a small torch that she had lit(stolen from the dead orc). But all the while she waited, for some response, or some noise to come forth from his lips. Just for her own satisfaction that Gorthroth had not taken any of the sport from her.

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 05-23-2003, 08:19 PM   #75
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Falin and the few who remained stood alone in the great chamber. He was stunned. He had been a coward, not fighting back against the one who had slain Buldro. Standing over the body of his dead friend, he remembered how they had met long ago, in the halls of Dain, King under the Mountain. He wept for a moment, but his tears were driven away by determination. Determination to lead this little band of survivors to the treasure, to victory.

He would avenge Buldro, for even wights were not immune to weapons. And even if he failed, he would go to the halls of Aule, while the wights would rot and fester forever, fading away to the fate of their master Melkor. Falin smiled at his thought.

"Onward!" he said, and the remains of the party shuffled forward. At that moment, a man leapt from the peak of a high rock. Looking back, Falin saw that he had black hair, and a deep cut across the side of his face. He carried a long sword. Falin raised his mace in challenge.

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: Meoshi ]
Old 05-24-2003, 08:12 PM   #76
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aldor felt the buzzing in his head slowly subside. He looked down to see a wound gape at him from his chest. His though muddled, he felt around for his breatplate. The flashes of memory slowly came to him. The sickening green of the boys eyes, the rushing of sound and darkness as he touched him.

He finally felt cold steel and grasped what had to be his family heirloom. Muttering to himself he said 'To make an end with this is not so bad' Looking about, he thought he saw a tall figure in the shadows. A faint glow came from there, and he supposed the beast had come for the rest of its meal.

Grumbling slowly he said 'I am unarmed. Make my end, I do not wish to linger this way' The beast made no movement, and Aldor gritted his teeth. Slowly he tried to stumble to his feet and find his sword.

Looking at the creature, he stopped when he saw she was a woman, and a shieldmaiden. Her hair was golden and flew loosely about her. Her garb was that of a Rohanian traveler, and her sword hung in her hand. 'That I see such things before my doom' he growled.

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 05-24-2003, 10:06 PM   #77
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sting

With a final heave Rysha and her unconscious burden arrived in the small cavern that had been her destination. The man's eyelids were flickering slightly, and Rysha guessed he'd be regaining consciousness in a few moments. She reached for a length of rope she kept in this cavern for this purpose and quickly bound the man's wrists and ankles.

Securing his wrists to the iron ring in the wall that made this chamber so very convenient, Rysha sat on the floor just outside his reach and waited for him to revive. As she waited rather less than patiently she ran her whip through her white fingers, stroking it like a small animal.

Only a few minutes passed before his eyelids quivered and snapped open. He looked around wildly for a second before his eyes fastened themselves on Rysha. "Where am I?" he asked tensely as he struggled a bit against the ropes.

"You're safe, don't worry." Rysha said, in the same cold level tone. "From now on, I'll be asking questions and you'll be providing me with the answers, thank you." She stood and walked toward him, her whip trailing behind her on the ground. "First of all, what is your name?" she asked softly, "It will help me greatly to know how to address you." The man clamped his mouth shut and scowled at her.

Rysha raised her whip, sending her first stroke across the insides of his outstretched arms. She had hit him lightly, but the skin was tender there, and red welts raised themselves almost immediately. She repeated her question, louder. When he wouldn't answer she brought her whip down harder, much harder, across his arms. "Haydn!" he burst out.

Rysha smiled. "Haydn, pleased to meet you. I told you before, but you may not remember. My name is Rysha." she made a small bow. Haydn gave her a wild eyed glare. She walked closer to him, taking a small dagger from her boot and spinning it in her hand. She bent down and slit his tunic from neck to waist. She pushed it back and surveyed the pale skin of his chest and stomach. A lovely canvas for her whip to paint on.

"Now Haydn," her voice lowered to the voice a mother would use to a young child. The sound was eerie in the dark halls. "Who is the leader of your group?"

With every slash of her whip Haydn told her a little more. The leader of their group was called Falin. He was a dwarf, of the Glittering caves. They were here seeking a lost treasure. Rysha grinned. She had almost everything she needed now, she was nearly certain this treasure was something the wights didn't know about. A few more cuts and it could be hers. Rysha licked her lips at the prospect. The sugary tone was gone from her voice now. "What is this treasure you seek?" she barked.

"I don't know," Haydn said. Rysha cracked her whip hard across his chest. She'd hit him half a dozen times already, and he was bleeding profusely. As her whip struck his already stinging skin he flinched and cried out. "I don't know!" he repeated.

Rysha dropped to her knees beside him. "What do you mean you don't know?" She pressed her hands onto the welts her whip had left, the salt from her fingers would make them sting all the more she knew. The stickiness of his blood covered her hands. He sucked in a breath as she pushed harder and harder at his wounds.

"Only Falin knows!" he cried. Rysha stopped pushing, wiped her hands on his ripped tunic. Only Falin knows... she thought. Where is it then? Her mind demanded, at least I can go and find it.

"Where is it?" she snapped. "Where is this treasure that only Falin knows about?" A terrified look filled Haydn's eyes. "You don't know do you?" she asked in a low controlled growl. He shook his head. She lashed at him in frustration, another long purple welt forming as her whip kissed his skin.

Rysha drew her dagger, intending to slit his throat and be done with him, but as she leaned over to do it a thought crossed her mind. Gorthroth wouldn't learn anything from him either. But the gift of a prisoner would please him. Her dagger, almost as though it had a mind of its own, strayed toward his throat again. She so wanted to kill him, to watch him die and pay for her frustration. But she pulled the knife back and instead cut the bonds on his ankles.

Pulling him roughly to his feet she retied his hands behind his back. Her dagger pressed hard against his spine, she spoke to him. "One wrong move, my friend, and you'll lose the use of your legs forever." The falsely bright tone was back in her voice now. She shoved him in the direction of Gorthroth's cavern. She'd wait for the wight there, in comparative safety.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:16 AM   #78
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Smiling at Aldor, Gaeriel moved in closer. Her presence laced with coldness and fear. "The years have been long," she said, her voice rasping the air and mind both," But it has been an age since I have seen anyone from Rohan, or from any of the port cities, for that matter."

Her eyes glowing she looked at the man grasping at his metal breast plate, "That will not help you now, child," She said coldly, with a twinge of sympathy. Taking out her sword she laid it on the ground beside him. The crest glinting in the light of the small torch and her green glow.

Instead of the waves of insanity that she would have started off with, she decided to talk with this stranger. The years had been harsh, and her heart was evil, but she had not lost all civility.

"Why have you ventured into this forsaken place?" she asked him. He seemed not to answer but his eyes fell on the crest on her sword, in the light of the small torch. The torch now resting in a small crevice, shoved there to illuminate the cave.

Smiling an almost girlish smile she said, "I did and now look at me." He did look up but saw her flickering between maiden and mummified body. So fast that he could only get a small idea of what she was. His eyes widened at the site. He tried to move but groaned at the pain in his chest. "yes it hurts doesn't it?" she asked her eyes falling on the wound again.

"What house are you from?" She asked again, raising her eyes from the wound to his eyes, "I am from the house of the Mariner, does that still exist in Rohan? Or did they all move back to the sea?" His face twisted from fear to anger as he looked on this evil creature that Gaeriel was, she saw this and then changing again to a form of her childhood self. And then again she flickered back to her grown self.

"I won't kill you yet," she said smirking, "But, I would not mind the company of one alive and not in thrall to Gorthroth." She looked at him again her eyes falling on the wound on his cheat, "I see you have already met him."

"Don't even try to leave if you value your mind," she said looking at him with her piercing gray-blue, glowing eyes. His were filled with a mixture of fear and anger and bewilderment. His mind was churning, she saw, as his mouth worked to form words......

[ May 25, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 05-26-2003, 05:26 AM   #79
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"I am from the house of the Mariner, does that still exist in Rohan? Or did they all move back to the sea?"

Aldor felt the bile rise in his throat. His sword was close yet he could not reach it. The voice of the thing was drowned out by the anger slowly rising in him. He managed to move some words out.

'Wench! You have not seen the Plains of Rohan, for you would not have such a weak existance if you had done! The Mariners live well in the Riddenmark! And I am their heir! Not that that would escpae your cunning mind! You seek to entwine me with regret and memories before you slaughter me? have honour, and be done with it!'

She did not move, and he slowly groped forward for his sword. Sensing its grip, he put his hand on it with glee, then turned to face her...
Old 05-26-2003, 07:06 AM   #80
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

"Take Nori out of here!" Haydn cried to Faruom, as a woman assailed him from the darkness. Faruom was literally dragging Nori down the passage way, As he had not wished to leave, but it was only a woman after all he thought to himself.

As they neared the entrance to the room of spears, Nori stopped and looked in both directions. "What is it Faruom asked him, "Do you hear that" Nori whispered. Faruom listened intently then shook his head saying "No! I hear nothing." "Exactly! We should be hearing the ring of swords and weapons!" Faruom's eyes widen at this, then the two companions looked both ways trying to decide which way they should go? Should they go back and find out what happened to Haydn or should they go on and find out what became of the rest of their company.

Suddenly their minds were made up for them, as they heard the destinctive sound of metal striking metal ahead of them. They rush into the room weapons drawn just in time to see Falin face to face with a dark haired man, sword and mace gleaming in the darkness. Nori was stunned, he had never seen Falin in battle before and he never thought the dwarf had it in him.....

[ May 26, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]

[ May 29, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]