The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #641
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I figured out that, in the end, having fun while playing is more important than being successful at all costs.
I couldn't agree more! That was the main reason behind our kills in this game, keeping it nerve-wrecking and intense and not going for the "easier road" but actually picking out people whose death didn't tell anything or didn't actually further our cause.

Of course sometimes when the going gets tough one tends to go for the winning with guts but basically I have seen that sleeping overnight helps a lot and in the next morning one is much more at ease and purely enjoying once again...

I have tried to change my style a lot recently and in the last game I almost managed to do it but in this one I failed miserably. I'd like to see myself posting much less but observing things with the same rigor I can when I'm at my best. Like reading as much but saying a quarter of what I tend to say normally.

Let's see if I have time for the next one if I could pull it then... But it looks bad as we are approaching the national matriculation examinations and it will mean a host of work for me...

---

But thanks everyone, once again if I haven't made a joint thanks in the first place. This was really a hectic and interesting game. Unlike some have said this really showed why WW is worthwhile playing: and I'd say the same thing even if I had been lynched toDay - or if we lost or whatever - or if I was an innocent losing this one as it really was quite challenging. Just fun and nice work for the "grey cells"...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #642
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Young love... so tender, delicate and fragile... and insecure.
(I'm not sure if I envy you or am just happy to have gotten over that already!)
Believe me, if it was that fragile, it wouldn't be here anymore at all.

It's envy for sure, old man.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #643
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Like pointing out the way the innocents needed to win...why would a wolf want to remind the innocents that they need to band together when the wolf knows they and their fellows are all rather in danger? Bah, the mob is so fickle.
Rikae and Lommy took that as you giving veiled instructions to your packmates on how to vote– like we wouldn't have discussed that at Night.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #644
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Believe me, if it was that fragile, it wouldn't be here anymore at all.
True.
We've been through a heck of a lot worse - a WW game isn't going to break us up. (It can still make for an unpleasant time, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Rikae and Lommy took that as you giving veiled instructions to your packmates on how to vote– like we wouldn't have discussed that at Night.
Ah, and Durelin was as innocent as a newborn babe, after all, wasn't she?

Actually, I took it as a veiled gloat/encouragement to comrades.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #645
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I hate werewolves.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #646
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Wait till you are one...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #647
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
...then I will sound the depths of self-loathing.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #648
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I couldn't agree more! That was the main reason behind our kills in this game, keeping it nerve-wrecking and intense and not going for the "easier road" but actually picking out people whose death didn't tell anything or didn't actually further our cause.
It's also– apart from my not having much time this week, like I said up there– the reason why I decided to try for an ordo-kill instead of the somewhat safer course of lynching Dury yesterDay when she came under fire– or Nogrod later.

I mean, we'd planned things all along so we could all safely lynch each other if need be... but when it came to it I thought, "Nah, let's see if we can bring this off."
Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #649
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I used my veto right once: the first pack chosen by the dice was Nogrod, Lommy and Greenie, and I didn't quite want them all to be wolves in my game (did someone mention favouring one's friends?)

Have you no pity?

Though, that would be quite interesting, all three wolves sharing a computer, plus probably very deadly as communication and plan making would be all too easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
...then I will sound the depths of self-loathing.
What an interesting concept for a wolf. The Gregor Samsa Wolf?
Though, don't take it that bad. You'll find it odd at first, but once you settle in your fur it's quite fun and you can't wait to be one again in another game.

~ Kaleidoscope Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-03-2008 at 09:55 PM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #650
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ha ha ha. Once tasted, I'm sure the seductive power of evil wolf-ness will consume me completely. Then there will be NO going back...I have to savor my virtue while I still retain it.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #651
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
At least you had virtue. Unlike some I could mention who started off evil ...

heh heh heh
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #652
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

HAVE. Present tense.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:12 PM   #653
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
At least you had virtue. Unlike some I could mention who started off evil ...

heh heh heh

Awwww, our little McCobbler. How you amuse the masses.
P.S. Yes, I'd like fries with that.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #654
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Which masses are you talking about? I think you're giving me too much credit.

Oh, and you'll have to talk to the big Mac about fries. I just handle drinks and desserts.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #655
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Which masses are you talking about? I think you're giving me too much credit.
Okay, so you amuse a midget and her pet duck, aka two poor, bored college students. You really need to learn to let people stroke your ego. :P

Quote:
Oh, and you'll have to talk to the big Mac about fries. I just handle drinks and desserts.
You totally just killed me dead. D.E.D. Dead. *laughs*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #656
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally, from one poor college student to another (several others?), many thanks.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:57 AM   #657
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
It might be because I changed my style a little. I was bored of being too analytical, which was going to make Werewolf as a whole less interesting to me. Now I focus more on gut feelings. I figured out that, in the end, having fun while playing is more important than being successful at all costs.
Indeed. Now I just have to re-learn how to read you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I don't see why I shouldn't play again if it is:
a) during summer vacation
and
b) Mac isn't playing
Well, fortunately I can see at least one good thing in the two of you not playing in the same games. I will be laughed at less: last Saturday, Agan was visiting me in Noggie's place and I accidentally said "Rikalaure" when talking about Rikae and you can imagine how much the two of them laughed at me.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #658
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Oh, and Volo, about the "slips" thing... I swear, most of the things that people jump on, whether I am a wolf or innocent, seem to me like things a wolf would never say, and that's why I say them. Like pointing out the way the innocents needed to win...why would a wolf want to remind the innocents that they need to band together when the wolf knows they and their fellows are all rather in danger? Bah, the mob is so fickle.
"Slips" are really a wierd thing. Having been accused of letting out slips in the very game somehow lessens my believe in them, but to me WW is probably more of going by gut feelings and then writing highly subjective analyses. In that case things that can be called slips do come out handy. But it sure is frustrating that you're accused of them when Innocent.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #659
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just coming back to this for a while...

This was really a game I won't forget. Our team was just marvellous and everything went as we planned in the end... But that doesn't mean it was easy. On the contrary.

It was a tough decision to leave Rikae alive the last Night of the game. I had a bad feeling about her coming up with the truth - or with Lommy doing it. When Rikae opened the Day by saying that her only suspect was Greenie and as she had now turned innocent I must say I doubted our strategy for a moment and indeed went on to "kamikaze-mode" trying to wield the interest on me as both Rikae and Lommy started suspecting me. At that point I was quite sure one of us would be lynched and that I would be the one against the firing-squad. So I tried my best to just puzzle you others about my fellows and tried to defend myself quite ready to go.

And then people started voting... and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Oh the heart-rate...

And why Werewolf is so much fun! I mean just think of the kicks you can get from this...
Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #660
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Remember I wanted to kill Rikae on Night 1, for being too dangerous?

Quote:
JWhen Rikae opened the Day by saying that her only suspect was Greenie and as she had now turned innocent I must say I doubted our strategy for a moment and indeed went on to "kamikaze-mode" trying to wield the interest on me as both Rikae and Lommy started suspecting me. At that point I was quite sure one of us would be lynched and that I would be the one against the firing-squad. So I tried my best to just puzzle you others about my fellows and tried to defend myself quite ready to go.

And then people started voting... and I couldn't believe my eyes!
*cough* I think I deserve a bit of credit there, for deflecting suspicion onto third parties... "You're right, Rikae, Nogrod and Lommy could be in it together... I need to rethink on Lommy... Yes, Nogrod and Menel are suspicious... I've really let Menel slip under my radar..."

And even so, both Lommy and Rikae came within a hairsbreadth of guessing the whole thing!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #661
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And even so, both Lommy and Rikae came within a hairsbreadth of guessing the whole thing!
Indeed! Those were hair-raising moments!

Hopefully my quite consistent suspicion and "quasi case making" against Nerwen helped to confuase as well...

But it was sooo close...