The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #81
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I need to do some work now but I will be back well before the deadline. But here's what I think right now.

My top suspect of those who have actually taken part in the discussion so far is Menel. He has tried to follow two suspcions nicely just when they have been on the air (first going with pushing Lommy then on Mac). Knowing his lynch-rate it would be important to him to steer the discussion anyway but to him, thence the eagerness to push people aready suspected. Also I don't see it as too farfetched to see his declaration of Boro's innocence as a way of trying to make Boro restrain his usual attack on him. Now why be like that unless a wolf?

My second suspicion is Mac. As Lommy pointed out the wolves feel surrounded and pressured if they are talked about and easily slip in there. As Lommy and Boro confessed about themselves I've myself also fallen victim to that paranoia. Mac's point about everyone discussing about him definitively looks that as it was not true. His suspicions on Lommy also fit the idea of a wolf trying to help the downfall of someone else.

But already here I seem to have a problem as I think it somewhat unlikely both of them are wolves. It's perfectly possible Menel tried to point at a fellowMac after he had been talked about a bit more. It might be seen as not too daring either but I'm not sure if I'm convinced about that kind of a plot between the two of them.

Then there is this trio Sally, Dury and Gwath. I think it highly unlikely they all three are wolves but two of them could well be. And that in turn would probably undo my first two suspects being wolves.

Also I'm not at all happy with the posting of McCaber, The Ka, Volo and Mith. But there is time for them to come more involved.

As I said earlier, espacially in a game with no gifteds I'd be inclined to vote the silent submarines in the beginning rather than leaving them to be a greater problem later.

Unless we had a better case.

Now I'm just wondering whether the suspicions I have do fit the description of being good enough...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #82
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think Boro is being too combative to be a wolf. Or people not reading threads entirely and thoroughly ruffles his fur enough that he forgoes all restraint.

Okay, never played with Sally, but uh...is this *oh, loves, you know I'm not a wolf! I'd never lie to you!*...typical? So, Sally - if you were a wolf, would you come out and tell us and make sure you got lynched?

Ah, so the looonnng posts begin already. *le sigh*

We are already getting a lot of interesting reactions out of people, though. I agree Gwathagor and Mac have been a little...defensive? It's really okay, Mac, I was just looking for something to say.

I'm finding Nerwen, A Little Green, McCaber the hardest to read of anyone. I've never played with them before, and though I've never played with Sally, either, she's a bit more...out there. I would not have a problem with that except that her "I promise I'm not a wolf" seems so utterly ridiculous to me, and I disagree with her on Boro.

On the other hand...Boro, along with Lommy, is among those pulling the preemptive "this is how I always am, it doesn't mean I'm a wolf", or "this is how I am as a wolf, and I'm not that now, so I'm not a wolf" stuff. Not as bad as Sally's "I'd tell you if I was a wolf cause I can't lie!", but it still annoys me. I know plenty of the people in this game have complained before about the problem of playing with the same people with the same styles, so let's stop trying to use that to our advantage, eh?

Menel, Nogrod, and Gwathagor are attempting to be very pleasant it seems. It's almost boring, and bothers me a little. Menel and Gwath both seem to have felt they needed to correct their behaviour a bit, and Nogrod being overly pleasnt could be a bad sign.

But then again, those on the offensive who are already forming wonderful conspiracy theories are confusing me, too. Seriously, Rikae, five dashes? Already?

Volo and Ka seem the most innocent right now to me.

Rikae, Menel, and Sally bother me the most, all for very different reasons. If I had to pick a wolf from them, I'd probably drop off Sally cause I have absolutely no idea about her. But beyond that...eh, who knows.

Edit: Crossed with Nogrod
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #83
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I think the little orphan speaks a lot of sense - unlike you my son...
Could you please explain what you meant? I didn't see any sense in either, but neither anything nasty.
Look at the first few posts... Lommy at least says a thing or two unlike Gwath; not anything extraordinary but reasonable compared to "First!" or "hush". And I didn't say either of them said anything nasty.

What makes me answer your question is the chance to ask you in turn why did you thought this so important thing as to bother asking in the first place? I mean I don't see any point in your question but could see a host of other questions to be raised.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #84
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
So, computer stopped working, I burnt my fingernail and... nothing else actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
What makes me answer your question is the chance to ask you in turn why did you thought this so important thing as to bother asking in the first place? I mean I don't see any point in your question but could see a host of other questions to be raised.
You were around.
Do ask the other questions if you have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Okay, never played with Sally, but uh...is this *oh, loves, you know I'm not a wolf! I'd never lie to you!*...typical? So, Sally - if you were a wolf, would you come out and tell us and make sure you got lynched?
My opinion on Sally is that she's a totally crazy player and jokes around more than anybody else. Talking the way she does now isn't something she'd do only as a Wolf. Of course, it might be a way to cover up for not saying anything else and to look "normal".
You know, she's a bit like Fea actually. Thankfully not as radical, but they are similar in some ways.

I feel so lazy, clueless and hungry at the moment that I'll go and feed myself. After that I might want to try planning my school essay. Though I doubt I'll start actually doing homework, which is good news on the WW front.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #85
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
This I find odd, he thinks Rikae looks rather innocent, yet her jump on Gwath is worrisome? Perhaps this is a defense against Gwath? Too early to say but it does look like a clever wolf tactic to make it look like you're defending someone "innocent" when you're really not you're inadvertantly defending someone else.
Oh well. I've been contradicting myself again. Let me explain myself. My first impression on Rikae was that she's possibly innocent. Later on, while I skimmed through the thread to check something (can't remember what gosh I love it when my brain is working...) I happened to reread that paragraph and found it somewhat disturbing so I added it to my post. My overall image of Rikae was still innocentish, so I didn't alter the earlier part. Did that explain anything?

Quote:
Okay, never played with Sally, but uh...is this *oh, loves, you know I'm not a wolf! I'd never lie to you!*...typical?
Well... umm... yes. Quite frankly.
Quote:
Nogrod being overly pleasnt could be a bad sign.
True, though one must take into account that he promised to be agreeable in this game. (On the other hand, he promised to be silent in the last game, so... ) He does seem weird, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggins
As I said earlier, espacially in a game with no gifteds I'd be inclined to vote the silent submarines in the beginning rather than leaving them to be a greater problem later.

Unless we had a better case.

Now I'm just wondering whether the suspicions I have do fit the description of being good enough...
What do you mean by "a better case"? While I understand your point, I, for my part, will vote for the one I find most likely to be a wolf, whatever that means, regardless of whether he/she is silent or not. Simple as that.

Gah. The people, then.

Green zone (=innocent-looking):
Lommy
Nerwen
Sally

Yellowish green zone (=mostly innocent-looking):
Macalaure
Nogrod
Durelin
Rikae
Gwath

Yellow zone (=slightly suspicious):
Boro - has improved somewhat since my previous post.
McCaber
Menel

Red zone (=suspicious):
Gosh, my red zone looks empty. I'm too credulous, it seems.

No zone at all (=no opinion):
Volo
Mithalwen

My thoughts aren't being too clear. Nog's suspicion summary gave me a headache.

Off to have some tea, back before long.

EDIT: x'd with Volo
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #86
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I found a later time slot in which to vote, which is good (yay!). Vote: ++Boromir88, because of his anti-rational methodology. Even if he isn't a wolf, a player who doesn't want to reason is bad news.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #87
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A quick sidenote,
I feel uneasy about Gwath's vote. It looks somewhat like the start of a bandwaggon to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Even if he isn't a wolf, a player who doesn't want to reason is bad news.
A player who doesn't want to reason? What do you mean by that, Gwath?

Something's wrong in his post. Just... plain wrong.

EDIT: 90th post!!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 02-26-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #88
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
On the other hand...Boro, along with Lommy, is among those pulling the preemptive "this is how I always am, it doesn't mean I'm a wolf", or "this is how I am as a wolf, and I'm not that now, so I'm not a wolf" stuff. Not as bad as Sally's "I'd tell you if I was a wolf cause I can't lie!", but it still annoys me.~Durelin
Well, I would say I'm sorry for causing that annoyance, but I would be lying. It's hard when you're a wolf to hold back that blood-thirsty reaction of "There are a couple people mumbling about my wolfishness...it's only Day 1...this isn't good, how do I turn suspicion away from me?" Trust me, I know, I've been down that road before.

Quote:
My top suspect of those who have actually taken part in the discussion so far is Menel. He has tried to follow two suspcions nicely just when they have been on the air (first going with pushing Lommy then on Mac).~Nogrod
Take this as a defense for Menel, if you want to, in many ways it is, but I don't find his behavior all that suspicious at all this day. Menel, as an innocent, typically does feed well off of others (though not literally "feed" but you know what I mean). He's good at following up on other people's suspicions, which naturally makes him look like a wolf, but that's rather Menel-like.

Our long history where I've caught on to Menel being a wolf (very early in the game) was because his comments seemed to be forcing something, forcing suspicions towards certain people, instead of "going with the flow." It's very possible that he's changed up, but I don't find him wolfish in the least bit today.

Sally's vote for me looks like an innocent one and appears genuine. This is our first village together, and I understand my Day 1 style usually does get me into trouble early.

Volo's follow up suspicion of me seems like it's all too convenient and is an attempt to get more support against me. What do I mean?
Quote:
While reading through the thread I got the feeling that somebody might be trying to frame Lommy. I mean she was quite in the middle of everything a while ago and slowly some people started calling her innocent. Something feels fake there.
The best "proof" to Lommy's innocence is exactly this, to me.

And with that idea I stumbled upon Boro's post #74. It fits well to what I thought of and I can't really say what it is but Boro is... overdoing it? Not exactly...
It sounds like...

"This suspicion towards Lommy early, than baking away looks fake, so it looks like Lommy is innocent. Oh and looky here...Boro's post fits exactly with what I was thinking...how about that coincidence?"

I'm blunt Volo, and I must say it is that which seems fake not the "stuff" going on with Lommy.

Edit: x-ed with several people
Old 02-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #89
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
A player who doesn't want to reason? What do you mean by that, Gwath?

Something's wrong in his post. Just... plain wrong.~Greenie
That is quite interesting and Gwath's last post (with the vote for me) reminds me of Menel's behaviour when I spotted him as a wolf early in these villages.

What I mean is Menel had the attitude of "I don't think anyone looks all that suspicious, but we can get away with lynching innocents it's ok, if they're just ordinary." Which I find to suggest "it's early, it's ok to lynch a couple innocents" to be just plain out evil behavior. In my opinion, you vote for who you think to be the most wolvish, even if it's something small, weak, and insignificant you go with it. That is why I think Sally's vote looks like the vote of an innocent, Gwath's on the other hand just looks evil..."Even if he's not a wolf...it's alright to get this one wrong Boro isn't going to do this village any good with his reasoning."

And especially in this village, where we have no gifted, I am definitely against this vote by Gwath. If you think I'm a wolf so be it, you're doing your duty, but don't vote for me if you think I'm probably innocent but it would be ok to get it wrong, because it's only day 1. That was Menel's attitude when I found out he was a wolf...and this is very troubling.

So, I still have an hour or so, I will see what happens, but probably will vote for Gwath or Volo.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #90
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac the one and true
Ka, in #46, you gave a quote which isn't mine but McCaber's. Of course, you could refer to Cabbie as 'Mac', but that's gonna cause some confusion.
So sorry about that!
I completely missed it, i'm sorry, after about 10:30 my brain goes off and forgets the details about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic Nerwen
Is apparently trying to win a prize for saying the least in the most words. A possible "safe" wolf-tactic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi en #48
Yes, I'm admitting that I have no idea about any of you yet.
Oooh! Oooh! Did I win anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Could you please explain what you meant? I didn't see any sense in either, but neither anything nasty.
I think it was just a bit of in-character joke, at the joking arguement that took place in the first few posts.
... And just forget what I said, looks like Nogrod cleared that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
While reading through the thread I got the feeling that somebody might be trying to frame Lommy. I mean she was quite in the middle of everything a while ago and slowly some people started calling her innocent. Something feels fake there.
People are always trying to frame Lommy though. Either out of turning suspicion elsewhere than themselves, or out of wary because Lommy is a tricky wolf at times and they certainly do not want to be caught off guard, no offense Lommy.

As for Sally, I am glad there is at least someone who enjoys being crazy around here, despite their role. I had the chance of playing with her before when she was a wolf, I believe, but it is going to be difficult to tell whether she's telling the truth or not concerning her role this time.
Sorry Sally, I love your style and nature, but I still have as much suspicion and no idea about you as I do about some others.

Yay! Mith came.

Okay, I have to leave now, but I should be back in time to re-read (if it'll actually help me at 'tall), and vote before deadline.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #91
Volo

Boromir, I got quite worried for you getting a second vote, as the stuff I said are barely speculations. But your answer to me looks more evil than not, you didn't explain yourself or defend yourself but simply attacked back like trying to frighten me away. I'm uncertain after your latest post about Gwath. Again you're turning the attention to somebody who attacked you first, but then again you have a point, a brave point. If Gwath is lynched Innocent you will probably be targeted and a Wolf doesn't want that.

EDIT: Xd with the Ka
Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #92
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm here again and now finally free to really read what happened since I went to sleep yesterday. Skimming through the thread from work earlier, I didn't see anything that stuck out to me. Hopefully I'll find something now.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #93
Volo

It's so funny, Boro. You talk much more about your preveous experiences, when you lynched Menel-Wolf and when you became a Fenris-Penguin. Menel and Lommy your partners to wake up such memories?

To say the truth I can't decide on Gwath. Otherwise he looks Innocent to me but that vote is a bit easy. Please, anybody, give your opinions on this. Somebody who knows such situations better than me. Although I have been Fenrisifised, but for different reasons.

EDIT: Xd with Mac.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #94
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
And with that idea I stumbled upon Boro's post [URL]It fits well to what I thought of and I can't really say what it is but Boro is... overdoing it? Not exactly...
Eh? What's Boro overdoing, Volo? I can't really see what you're driving at here.

Quote:
Seriously, Rikae, five dashes? Already?
Oh, I can do better. It's now the Boro-Durelin-Gwath-Lommy-Mac-Rikae-Sally situation, you see.

I don't understand either Sally's or Gwath's vote for Boro -- neither explained properly, and they both go up a couple notches on my suspicion meter for it. In fact, I may as well give that suspicion-meter -- however, in the interest of accuracy, it may not look typical:

Combination of Wolfish Irresponsibility (seeming eagerness to get a bandwagon rolling) and Wolfish Defensiveness:

Gwathy

Wolfish Defensiveness without Wolfish Irresponsibility:

Macalaure

Wolfish Irresponsibility without Wolfish Defensiveness:

Sally
Durelin
Lommy
Menel

Submarine-ishness:

THE Ka
McCaber
Mithalwen

None of the above:

Nogrod
Boro
Volo

...and all people with two "o"'s in their name, by default...

What to make of this? I'm afraid I can't decide. Sometimes apparent irresponsibility is just pot-stirring... sometimes apparent defensiveness is just ordoish indignation... often the newbie/oddball who looks most suspicious on day one is an ordo. Frequently, very frequently, the people who avoid all errors are evil... bah. I'm talking myself in circles... I'll await further developments.

EDIT: X'd with everything from Mr. 88's post #88, and fixed Volo quote.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #95
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, I left Nerwen out...
she goes in the "Neither" category, spoiling the nice double-o theme, or possibly in the "Irresponsible" one.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #96
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
What do you mean by "a better case"? While I understand your point, I, for my part, will vote for the one I find most likely to be a wolf, whatever that means, regardless of whether he/she is silent or not. Simple as that.
I do have to disagree with you here. It always seems to be that those who are in the fray are also more easily seen as suspicious. Those who say things give food for thought to others unlike those who hide in the shadows. With the latter group it's always like tossing a coin. Therefore it's easier to come up with a case against one who talks a lot or tries to make a difference as there is lot to take hold on to. That in turn sadly turns out just too often with lynching an innocent who could have helped us in the later stages of the game and leaving us surrounded by enigmas we can't say anything about. Or how do you suspect one silent person over another?

So it's not simple as that. We need to take account of the relative risk. Like Mac toDay. I know he is a good player and he could really help us were he innocent. Thence I'm somewhat reluctant to vote for him just based on what I have on him now as it is only Day1 and there's generally quite little to go on with anyone. Therefore I need to ask myself whether I have a good case enough to vote for a vocal player on Day1 or whether I should try to find out a "sneaker"-wolf and go for her/him as in the beginning of the game it's easier to actually accomplish than later - and because the overall chances of getting a wolf onDay1 are smaller now than later so the relative risk for blunder is smaller as well.

EDIT: x'd with Volo and Rikae
Old 02-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #97
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boromir, I got quite worried for you getting a second vote, as the stuff I said are barely speculations. But your answer to me looks more evil than not, you didn't explain yourself or defend yourself but simply attacked back like trying to frighten me away.~Volo
I am very confrontational and in your face, Volo, I would have thought you would know this by now. Not because I'm rude, or I like being a big meanie, but it's what helps me. I like feeling the pressure during the day because it keeps me safe at night, but I also like attacking and putting the pressure on others because wuite frankly I like pushing people's buttons (especially the wolves)...and being blunt "in your face" does both for me.

The fact is Volo, I'm not going to defend myself, really is that going to do me any good? I'm going to be me, which means I'm going to be confrontational.

As far as your "speculation" against me, it was some good speculating, but it's not valid and you're barking up the wrong tree. I thought it sounded all too contrived and fake. Why? Because I know you are very crafty and as a wolf you can make your argument look logical and wise. I explained why it looked fake, and seeing as you haven't gone back to change anything, it still looks fake.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #98
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Nogrod, may I ask your thoughts on Gwath and Volo? Mostly you've been focusing on Mac, and you said you want to give other considerations...well I do happen to think Gwath and Volo have been posting enough to form some sort of judgement on.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #99
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I have to agree with Boro about Volo. He jsut strikes me as ungenuine and his reasoning is even odder (no offense, Volo ) than usual. In short, he is suspicious. He's making a fuss of odd things and looks like a wolf who just can't come up with proper suspicions. He just simply doesn't sit right with me.

I also agree with Boro and Greenie on what they said about Gwathagor. His vote looks quite troubling, but on the other hand, Gwath could be the easy newbie lynch victim. *sigh*

Now, I'll follow the list trend:

Innocentish
Nerwen
Boro
Sally

Slightly innocentish
THE Ka
Menel

Neutral
Mith
Greenie
Durelin
Nogrod
Rikae

Suspicious-ish
Volo
McCaber
Gwath
Mac

I find Rikae less suspicious than I did, because I give credit to her response to me and because she has felt overall more reasonable lately, but I'm still not ready to be less wary of her.

THE Ka and Menel seem innocentish because albeit they're suspicious, they both act so much like their innocent selves.

edit: xed with Rikae, Boro, Nogrod & Nogrod
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #100
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Rikae, it seems you left Greenie out as well.

And, by the way, Nogrod is making more sense post by post so I should consider him innocent but some weird brake in my head restrains me from doing so. *shrugs*
Old 02-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #101
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Let's see here:

Lommy and Mac have been noted as odd, and I'm inclined to suspect Mac more.

Gwathagor... Well, I've read what you've been saying about his defense of Durelin and Sally, and it doesn't seem TOO suspicious at this point, given that Mac really did seem to be more aggressive than Boro. The only odd thing I can see about it is the words he used, and I've seen enough of his style lately to know that he tends to take things personally to a certain extent, enough that this sort of abruptness isn't overly strange for him.

I think I'll be voting for

++Macalaure

for now. It's a bit weak, I know, but none of us really have a whole lot to go on.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

It looks like a list time then... and some explanations about things I've not discussed this far.

I have a suspicion based on reasoning I've already explained:

Menel
Mac

The alarm-bells are ringing a bit louder now:

Gwath

as I tend to agree that his vote looks nasty indeed. Even though it might be based on just missing knowledge... calling Boro anti-rational surely sounds like a misconception... But his fast defence of Sally and Dury must be taken account as well.

A fifty-fifty case (if Gwath indeed is a wolf):

Sally
Dury

If Gwath is innocent it's harder to say: Sally seems her normal unfathomable self and Dury has improved a lot since her first post.

I'm uneasy about for different reasons (I'll try to elaborate if I have time):

Nerwen
Volo
McCaber
The Ka
LG

I'm not wishing to bring them up toDay:

Boro
Rikae
Mith

Boro and Rikae are sensible. Although there's one thing I'm a bit worried about the two and that's the fact that they have been so easy and nice towards me toDay. That's a bit disconcerting to be honest - not that I don't feel good about it, but that's just the problem. Somehow I'm not so concerned about Mith toDay even if her posting has been the least substantive - has given the least of what she thinks - this far (okay one could argue that The Ka or Sally contests the place). Maybe it's because I know she can be like that but may turn out very helpful later. Or is just so darn amiable person... But not her toDay with these grounds.

Feels somewhat innocent in earnest:

Lommy

She just looks her lively and happy penguin-self she is. When she is a wolf she tends to be a bit more uptight and careful like she said herself.

EDIT: X'd from Boro onwards...
Old 02-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #103
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I am here later than I hoped and am somewhat distraught to see that sibling rivalry among my children is getting extreme and that my own dear husband has at least one vote (Has anyone a tally - I have so little time). Haven't you heard of the rehabilitation of offenders? He is an ex-pickpocket you know.... and while I can't guarantee he isn't a wild beast under the ...
... cover of darkness he is the only husband I have and I would like to keep him for a bit!

A child on the other hand might be expendable....

OK time for a re read and I hope a more serious post or two before it is too late.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #104
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I find Boro's behaviour a little too authoritative, but otherwise more innocent. Btw, Boro, to the best of my knowledge, A Little Green is female.

I don't like Gwathagor's vote, and I think Boro has a point against him.

I used to agree with Boro on Menel - until I saw his vote. It looks to much like "let's start a bandwaggon against a widely suspected villager". But I guess I'm still overestimating the amount of attention given to me.

I can't get a read on Sally, Volo and THE Ka.

I'm not sure about Lommy. The argument that she wouldn't talk about her possible wolvishness if she really was a wolf is a valid one, but she simply doesn't give me an innocentish feeling. I can't explain why. I have the same unspecific bad feeling about Nogrod. I don't understand why I'm so suspicious to him, but I find the eagerness with which he pursues this suspicion worrisome.

Nerwen I used to think innocent, but her post about McCaber doesn't look good, very hasty actually. But then, a wolf might like to give her posts a more polished look.

Rikae looks innocentish. So do Lily and Durelin.

Mith and McCaber are enigmas.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #105
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Tally for Mith and others as well...

Boro 2 (Sally, Gwath)
Mac 1 (Menel)

Back to Volo and Gwath in a minute...
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #106
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Rikae, it seems you left Greenie out as well.

And, by the way, Nogrod is making more sense post by post so I should consider him innocent but some weird brake in my head restrains me from doing so. *shrugs*
So I did...! Well, that is kind of telling in itself, when I think about it -- Greenie has somehow posted enough to not look "quiet", but hasn't made much of an impression on me. Reading over her posts, it seems as if she has been very uncontroversial thus far, maybe too much so.

EDITL X'd with Mith, Mac and Nog
Old 02-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #107
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Basically I could vote Volo, McCaber, Gwath or Mac and I have hard time deciding. I'm inclined to agree with Nogrod's logic of not voting vocal players without comparing their suspiciousness to their loudness, so I think I will leave Mac be for toDay, unless I have to choose between him and someone who simply looks more innocent. So I will vote either Volo, McCaber or Gwathagor.

edit: xed with Mac, Noggie and Rikae
Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #108
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Although there's one thing I'm a bit worried about the two and that's the fact that they have been so easy and nice towards me toDay.~Nogrod
Frankly Nogrod I don't think I will ever lynch you on day 1, unless if you feel like admitting you're fanged than I would. Because you're going to sound sensible and reasonable no matter what, and that's no reason to vote for you on Day 1. I'm sure sometime down the road if we are still both alive we will have our inevitable battle for who will be the supreme super talker, but nah it will never happen on Day 1.

++Gwathagor

Making the tally:

Boro: 2 (sally, Gwathagor)
Mac: 1 (Menel)
Gwath: 1 (Boro)

As an aside for everyone else's ears (so this is not for my wife) if I die soon...just know I don't trust her.

Edit: crossed with a lot of people...I have a feeling this is going to be one crazy ending at the deadline
Old 02-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #109
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay. Even if I don't generally like this kind of reasoning I would say that Gwath might be a good candidate (my son!!! ) as he has raised enough eyerbrows with his overall presence this far, because of his easy /malicious-looking vote and because his death might shed some light to the Sally / Dury thing - in the end he's the factor that binds the two together.

I do also agree with those who say Volo has been acting even weirder than he normally does. I mean it has always been a bit hard for me to follow his reasoning but now I'm quite baffled.

To Mac: as I said, I'm not happy to lynch you, on the contrary - as I said before. I'd rather see someone else go toDay.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #110
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hmmm... I actually think I'd rather vote Volo or Cabbie than Gwath. Is there anyone else who agrees with me or will I just be content with voting Gwath?

edit: xed with Nogs
Old 02-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #111
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I'm not sure about Lommy. The argument that she wouldn't talk about her possible wolvishness if she really was a wolf is a valid one, but she simply doesn't give me an innocentish feeling. I can't explain why. I have the same unspecific bad feeling about Nogrod. I don't understand why I'm so suspicious to him, but I find the eagerness with which he pursues this suspicion worrisome.
Hmm. I also have an unspecific bad feeling about Lommy... trouble is, I have the same bad feeling about you. Now, what was that you said after the last game? Just because someone agrees with you doesn't mean [he] is innocent...? Yeah, gotta remember that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
He is an ex-pickpocket you know.... and while I can't guarantee he isn't a wild beast under the ...
... cover of darkness he is the only husband I have and I would like to keep him for a bit!
That's great.

EDIT: X'd with BoroNogLom

Last edited by Rikae; 02-26-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: stupidity
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #112
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Don't question your wife's judgement - look who she married...

Pfft - in that case my own true love I shall check the insurance policies before I vote ..... if you don't know me by now...

Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #113
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
It's now the Boro-Durelin-Gwath-Lommy-Mac-Rikae-Sally situation, you see.
Good gracious! Now it's a situation?!

I'm really not sure about you, Rikae.

Menel's vote confuses me. But it doesn't strike me as anything. He seems almost too...out of it? to be anyone sinister.

Gwathagor's vote seems way too bold for a wolf. I mean, number 2 for Boro, following Sally who he's been accused of defending...

I am worried about shrugging off Sally. It seems like that's what most people do with her, which is frustrating. I'm not quite so concerned about *submarines* (has that become an official WW term?), but it looks to me like she is going to slip under the radar in a bit of a different way.

Mac's last post seems sensible - a little hesitant, but we all are on Day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Boro and Rikae are sensible
Perhaps. My only complains it that Boro has spent a good deal of time talking about himself, and Rikae is enjoying her hyphenated theories. Now, I do find her category titles in her list quite interesting, in a good and sensible sort of way.

Now where the heck does that leave me... I thought Boro was too combative to be a wolf, but all he's been talking about is his personality and now he's going after easy meat. I mean, come on, guys...Gwath is just too easy pickins' at this point. Yes, who knows, but putting forth an easy lynch like that will give a good hiding place for wolves, eh?

Edit: Crossed with last 3 people.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #114
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

McCaber surely is a candidate... just the way one forgets he's playing should remind us of it and his only post wasn't the most sincerish.

But then again... *oh these last minute doubts* ... maybe we're being hasty? Truth to be said I'm now almost accustomed myself that Gwath could be the one we should go for and so I find myself troubled bringing a new candidate to the fore twenty minutes before the deadline... That's how being a submarine works: in the end one starts to waver voting them after forgetting they even existed.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #115
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I understand where Durelin's coming from with Gwath being too easy pickings -- I was thinking the same things myself, and besides, I don't really like lynching him on day one in his second game.

Still, he's the best suspicion I've got. I could see the sense, though, in voting for McCaber - (the submarine-theory) as he seems the most likely to slip under the radar in the future. But that just strikes me as slightly unfair... curses.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #116
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'm not wishing to bring them up toDay:

Boro
Rikae
Mith

[/B]
you'd have to eat us before you brang us up - is that an admission?

But really I have just not had time to be too substantive, Gwathaagor's eagerness might be just that but it would not be the first time a novice wolf made the first post (my old superstition ).

I don't see why Mac was so suspicious of Nogrod so soon ... rattled a small bell but I am rusty and not sure how mormal it is. I do know it is normal for Boro to try to stir things up a bit and since he only risks driving wolves rather than gifted from cover it may be a profitable activity.

And for some reason he always suspects me when I sense he is innocent and try to save him from a first day lynch. I am innocent and so the fact he says he doesn't trust me strengthens my feeling he is innocent too again.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #117
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Gad, yeah...I'd completely forgotten about McCab.

Ugh, I hate how the voting seems to come down to "coming to an agreement". There are only three among us who know who is on their side - I don't like compromising with people whose intentions are unknown to me. I mean, duh.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #118
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

I don't expect he's going to be lynched today, but here's a bit about Nogrod. Yes, I am aware this post is ridiculously defensive, but his reasons against me are too weak to not comment on it.

Quote:
The same could be said of Mac as he is the next to continue this Lommy bandwaggon.
A bandwaggon? During the first hours of Day One? Come on.

Quote:
But just looking at the placement of Mac's suspicion looks a bit bad indeed.
I placed it just after I read Lommy's post about me. I fail to see what's suspicious about that.

Quote:
Mac's point about everyone discussing about him definitively looks that as it was not true.
I exaggerated by saying everybody was, yes. However, this point of yours (and others) is very flimsy.

Quote:
His suspicions on Lommy also fit the idea of a wolf trying to help the downfall of someone else.
My suspicions were early ones, placed in order to see what responses from her (and maybe others) I could get. I fail to see your interpretation.

Quote:
To Mac: as I said, I'm not happy to lynch you, on the contrary - as I said before. I'd rather see someone else go toDay.
Now, of course an evil Nogrod would neeever claim that.

Last edited by Macalaure; 02-26-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: crossed since Nogrod
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #119
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Please don't forget I exist. I'll even try to be loud on the next Days to make up for this. I'm in the middle of prepping for class, but I should still have time to vote.

Boro seems to know what he's doing, and he raises good points. I would prefer it was not him lynched today.

Gwath looks bad to me, but I'm still not sure. I'll get some thoughts soon and vote quickly.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #120
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Honestly now, I'm quite at a loss with my vote.

Well, anyway, here it comes.

++ Gwath

Because his vote was just... horrible. Besides, his lynching will give more light to many things.

My other choice would have been McCaber because his posts have a suspicious air and in addition to that he has been contributing very little.

EDIT: x'd with very many people