The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #161
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
However since Greenie presumably is sharing a computer with someone who posts a lot...there may be absolutely nothing in this...... I was thinking aloud...
She is sharing a computer with me, yes, but I think her relative quietness is her own choice, I'm not occupying the computer all the time. The only change in her (or my) behaviour that can be caused by us sharing the computer is that we might be a little less vocal right around the deadline and both of us can't vote über-late.

Quote:
Glut of cross posting .... interesting that you all suddenly came out of the woodwork any reason why you didn't break cover sooner? I mean nothing for an hour then a flurry in ten minutes ... cannot believe you all just arrived....
Interesting observation yet I'm not sure if it means anything. For my part, I was doing a huge grimoire-research (you can check it from the time stamp of my post on that thread ) not hiding deliberatedly and waiting for someone else to post...

edit: xed with Woggles
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #162
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well statistically one of us should be a wolf. I know it isn't me and if you are innocent Lommie it narrows the possibilities!!!!! Of course we all may have been distracted - me by fangirldom - however maybe one of us was reluctanct ot look conspicuous? I don't know.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #163
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The first thing that confuses me in yesterDay's voting is the fact that even if it felt that many people started thinking lynching of Gwath a bad idea during the last half hour he still got lynched with a clear majority. And I must say that the merry agreement reached by that great numbers looks fishy indeed. Is there a greater place to hide for a wolf but within an unanimous bandwaggon?

Okay there is the question of relative risk we already discussed yesterDay. But I also think it a bit far-fetched that so many declared while voting that they don't want to see Boro lynched - which I think never was an actual option. So some sweet-talkin there?

Also Volo's vote looks not only confusing (the retraction thing) but also a bit fishy as he says two minutes before the deadline that he is "widening the vote scope"! And that in practice nailed it down and took Gwath to the gallows - or saved McCaber, whichever way you want to see it.

EDIT: X'd with a few
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #164
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ooh that put a damper on the conversation? Am I on to something or are you just winding me up?

Old 02-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #165
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
About the votes

Menel's vote looks suspicious
Quote:
Lommy and Mac have been noted as odd, and I'm inclined to suspect Mac more.
He picks out two that have been mentioned by many and votes one of them. He gives no reason of his own. It looks like he tried to start a bandwaggon against one who was likely to attract a few votes.

Boro and Lily give the first votes for Gwath. Neither looks particularly suspicious or innocent.

Rikae puts him in the lead, but she votes according to her prior suspicions.

Mith's vote would look bad if Boro is a wolf

McCaber's vote looks not too good. Not so much because of who he voted for and at what time, but because of his reasoning.

Durelin and Nogrod start the counter-waggon, which is innocent-looking.

Volo's vote is entirely confused. I'm not sure whether innocently or not.

Lommy gives the third vote for McCaber. A risky vote for a wolf if the Caberwaggon would have succeeded. A smart vote for a wolf in case she reckoned that it wouldn't.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #166
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Menel's vote looks suspicious

He picks out two that have been mentioned by many and votes one of them. He gives no reason of his own. It looks like he tried to start a bandwaggon against one who was likely to attract a few votes.
That action of his is following the very same pattern I suspected him on yesterDay and even if Boro managed to speak me away from trying to get him lynched (and yes I had my doubts as I know something of his history as well and he tends to be lynched on Day1's most of the time as he's so lynchably suspicious-looking everytime) I will keep him on my list of suspicions.

Quote:
McCaber's vote looks not too good. Not so much because of who he voted for and at what time, but because of his reasoning.
I was about to say that I disagree as it was clear he was trying to save his own neck and go for the leader in votes but then I just realised he didn't actually mention that being his reason. An innocent would have no problem saying that aloud or a seasoned wolf. Then again he has played quite sneakily and well the first games he's been in - or have we just been too easy on him this far (in the earlier two games)? It would be quite a track-record: three games; twice a wolf and once a cobbler (and winning all the time)!

Quote:
Volo's vote is entirely confused. I'm not sure whether innocently or not.
I wouldn't hold it impossible Volo tried to save McCaber... but I need to look a bit more about them before saying more about it. It may be I kind of over-lived with the last minute bandwaggoning yesterDay and got a bit carried away looking Volo's vote as more malignant it actually was.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #167
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mac dear, wpould you ahve preferred me to vote for you - that was the only other option given I believed Boro-dear innocent ? At least at the time I actually voted...

Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #168
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

well that was confusing. I have to go now, I hope things will be clearer tomorrow as I won't have a lot of time.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #169
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Mac dear, wpould you ahve preferred me to vote for you - that was the only other option given I believed Boro-dear innocent ? At least at the time I actually voted...
I certainly wouldn't have preferred you to vote for me. However, your desire to save Boro would make you look bad if he is evil. But then, you're so open about wanting to save him, I doubt a wolf would be so close to another. There's the possibility that you're evil and trying to get the trust of Bordomir, but I think there are better leads to follow at the moment.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #170
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

That would be a pointless activity. And I hope I would not be quite so crass .... in game marriage or not ..
If Boro is a wolf I am just wrong not a fellow wolf. Rikae's vote had taken the pressure off saving his neck. If I had been a wolf I would have voted for you for certain to avoid this suspicion. It is probably not fair but if push comes ot shove - which is often the case on day ones - I prefer to keep around those I feel are innocent , people I enjoy playing with, and people who contribute a lot to the game. I don't know Gwathagor at all but I know it would have been a pity to lose you or Boro so soon. Innocent or guilty you are players...

and I really must go now...

Old 02-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #171
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I really don't trust Mith now. Usually she is a "breath of fresh air" like our dear Kath (who not be present in this village); something seems rotten with her:

Quote:
Maybe I should have gone for Mac but I feel more strongly about Boro's innocence than anyone's guilt....~Mith
This doesn't sit right...you feel "strongly" about my innocence, eh, dear? Do you feel so "strongly" that you know I'm innocent? (So, at this point...just to make sure everyone is on the same page...I'm saying Mithis a wolf).

Quote:
I guess Sally went becasue she posted little and left little trace - but Aganzir and McCaber also had a low post count.
As pointed out Agan is not a viable option...but are you simply "guessing" sally went because of such and such...or do you know for a fact? (Again, if we aren't clear, I'm saying here Mith is a wolf).

This argument is one of my favorites to see...
Quote:
Well statistically one of us should be a wolf. I know it isn't me and if you are innocent Lommie it narrows the possibilities!!!!!
(and so we're all clear, I'm saying here Mith is a wolf)

I wonder if Mith is handing herself over to us as a sacrifice today, because she's doing a good job of posting often today, yet not saying anything. Mith's typical calm, reserved self is refreshing to have in a hectic village, but she's not doing that. She's posting either a bunch of nonsensical buddy-buddy stuff, or is pushing for the lynching of the quieter people.

My adorable puppy is calling to go have some fun in the snow, so I will be away, then I have a conference from 7 til about 9 pm, but I'll be back before heading to bed tonight to respond to Nogrod's point...

Quote:
But I also think it a bit far-fetched that so many declared while voting that they don't want to see Boro lynched - which I think never was an actual option. So some sweet-talkin there?
While I am touched yall wanted to save me...I smell a set up a brewing.

I just wanted to bring out my uneasiness about Mith, that's what struck out at me early on in this day.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #172
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I took a quick scroll through yesterDay to look at both Volo and McCaber as they left me puzzled in the end of the Day.

McCaber's posts can be given here in their entirety as there is not much of them.

Early post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber #34
Nice to see you, too, Sally. As much as I don't want to become a Cabe-kabob, maybe I'll actually give you something to look at this time. And Pappa Volo, I'll try not to disappoint you toDay.

I do enjoy the more experienced ones throwing around suspicion. So I think I'll try it too:

I like how Gwath is refraining from forming an opinion. He could be not trying to leave a paper trail of suspects. Not a full-on point yet, but it could become one.

Anyway, I'll return soon with some serious thoughts in a while. Supper awaits, if I can find some in this house of doom.
Ten minutes before the deadline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCab #119
Please don't forget I exist. I'll even try to be loud on the next Days to make up for this. I'm in the middle of prepping for class, but I should still have time to vote.

Boro seems to know what he's doing, and he raises good points. I would prefer it was not him lynched today.

Gwath looks bad to me, but I'm still not sure. I'll get some thoughts soon and vote quickly.
Three minutes before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCab #130
I hate to this, but here it is.

++Gwathagor

I'm still not completely sure, but several things he did just put me off.

And now here I am joining a bandwagon...
Now there is something here that looks contradictory or wrong. A kind of self-conscious "newbieness" added with vagueness that feels deliberate. Let me give a few examples to explain (read more form the posts above):
- "I do enjoy the more experienced ones throwing around suspicion. So I think I'll try it too:"
- "Please don't forget I exist. I'll even try to be loud on the next Days to make up for this."
- "And now here I am joining a bandwagon..."

And he managed to sail through the whole Day with no one in practise even realising he was in the game in the first place! In his first games he has used basically the same tactics - only taking a bit more bigger role later in the game.

What I mean is that he should not be underestimated because he wears a newbie-mask for a mask it is I must say: he was just superb in his first games. I'm not sure if this is enough to lynch him but if he's a submarine-wolf we can't but blame ourselves in the end. In the last two games people fell for it.

Darn it's getting late.

I'll post my thoughts on Volo tomorrow as I have an early morning call...
Old 02-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #173
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hello. Once again, I have failed to vote on Day One. I'm sorry– I'm doing a rather heavy course and possibly I shouldn't have signed up for the game.

I will look at Sally's posts in detail, because someone needs to, though as I recall she didn't say much of any substance.

I also need to read through the posts around the deadline, because it seems like there was some peculiar stuff happening there.

Back soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #174
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, there we go. My top two suspects were innocent -- don't listen to me.

I'm actually pretty mystified at the moment, I'll admit. I have a creepy feeling about Lommy, and it's only getting creepier, but as I can't explain it I can't really rely on it much. Mith's "certainty" of Boro's innocence and Boro's mistrust of Mith look very odd - I'm inclined to think there may be a wolf between them.
McCaber's insubstantialness yesterday can be busyness and dayoneishness, but I agree with Nogrod that those comments -- which seem rather selfconscious -- were strange.

I'm going to look over yesterday's votes a little more closely when I get the chance -- perhaps some wolf voted suspciously safely or something -- worth a look, anyway. As for Sally's death, it seems odd to me in that she was attracting some suspicion -- I would expect the wolves to choose someone generally seen as innocent. Still, I've never been one to think much can be learned from nightly kills -- there are too many variables (in the last game, Legate, Cab and I chose Lommy simply because everyone else got killed early too often, or was new!) Not to be discouraging, mind you, but I can't make anything of it, at least.

EDIT: Spelling, X'd with Nerwen
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #175
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wow, Day 2 and I'm already at the center of attention. Thanks, guys. I guess I deserve it, though.

One point, though. When I voted, Gwath was the worst-looking of my suspects. I was considering others, but I went with my initial feelings. And If I'm not mistaken, the Caber-waggon started rolling just before my vote, but it really picked up just after. My vote was not to save myself. If it was, I would have said so.

Now I need to take a long look at things and say something constructive.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #176
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I suppose Sally was telling the truth this time.

As everyone seems to be, I am at a loss about Sally. The first Night with a kill, and it's the most sporadic player...I don't see there being any trails to follow back to anyone. And I agree with Rikae. The nightly kills only say so much. It's what people say and do during the Day that really counts. Which brings me to...

That landslide against Gwath still bothers me. Of course the initial run for Boro confuses me, but that's a slightly less worrisome feeling.

That was such an easy lynch after enough people started jumping on Gwath's "mistakes." Which brings me back to Rikae. Her hesitance to vote for Gwath rather than just making her vote and blending in with the rest makes me feel better about her.

And I agree with several people (Boro, Mac...who else?) that there is something fishy about the whole "oh it's to save Boro!" thing.

For one thing, as Boro has pointed out himself...we don't know who is innocent, unless we are guilty ourselves. Secondly...Gwath got 6 legitimate votes, 7 with Volo's. I'd say that's a bit more than just saving him.

A Little Green, Mith, and McCaber seem the most guilty to me. I don't expect all three are, but possibly two. McCaber actually seems the least guilty of the three now that I look back. Yes, I know, makes me look like an idiot for trying to start a run at him, but with that deadline coming up fast I did not quite have the time to think about it. Which is no excuse, but hey... McCab just seems so careless in his posts and really I think his vote was rather careless, unless of course he wasn't aware that he was getting any attention (which I guess is careless, too...).

Mac also bothers me. He could have just voted for Lommy if he really wanted to make a statement, instead of just off-handedly wishing she was a lynch-candidate. But that would stand out more.

*shrugs and wanders off*
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #177
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sally

#22. Silly banter. Asks Gwath if he's volunteering himself to be lynched (this is because he posted first and said "First!"). Says she suspects McCaber– but this seems to be a joke (I'm not sure he'd even posted yet).

#29. Tone still jokey, but there is a bit more substance. Finds Mac and Menel somewhat suspicious for going after Lommy, but finds Lommy's explanation of her playing style odd too. Then says,

Quote:
I do the same thing a lot of times. I'm a terrible bluff, so if I'm lying it's pretty easy to catch me on it. Besides, I'm insufferably honest, which also means that if I am a wolf, I won't lie about it.
Then she again expresses her desire to lynch McCaber, but again it sounds like a joke– no reason given.

#32. Short post, all banter.

#50. (Replying to Rikae)
Quote:
I'm not a wolf. And don't worry, I really am not a wolf. I promise.
Says she hates first days and that she has
Quote:
nothing really to go on, just silly banter and half-hearted accusations

#77. Votes Boro, giving no reason other than gut feeling. Yet more banter.

That's it. She hasn't said anything that I can see as making her dangerous.

I'd say she was picked as a safe kill– except that she's said things that would have made her an easy lynch toDay. She was also under suspicion because of the perceived connection between her and Durelin. YesterDay most people were taking the line, "Oh well, that's Sally– who knows?" –but surely it would have been easy for the wolves to turn that around.

EDIT: fixed bolding.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #178
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
I mean nothing for an hour then a flurry in ten minutes ... cannot believe you all just arrived....
Time zones probably, well, for me at least. It's a bad habit of looking to my clock at the wrong time and posting when it's 'talk time' here. I'm really trying to break out of it.

It does seem obvious that Sally was unfortunately a very good move for the wolves, one example I think that lead to this was her confessing that she wasn't a wolf and our general impression of this.

Either you believed or didn't believe her, but she didn't give any ultimate vibes immediately that she was a wolf bluffing in the worst way possible, or she was acting out as fenris bait (where one wolf takes the dive to fuddle up the reasoning of the villagers. I don't know how common this is now, but I've been fenris bait before and they certainly bit, and played in another game where wolves tried the same thing and ended up ruining the reasoning we made.).
It's only a thing wolves would do if they were either very confident of the action, or they knew by leading astray and making up a new suspicion list that they could afford to loose one of their own and bag the villagers at the same time. Though, this is reasonably done later in the game, so even if Sally was a wolf, I don't think our wolvie friends would do this (if they didn't already know about it yet.).

Though, since Sally really didn't make any strong or direct connection to a group or certain player, she was isolated and our current suspicion list pushed her towards the bottom, where we were expecting maybe Nogrod or Nerwen to be attacked last Night (which would make us say, "Ah ha! See? They attacked them because they pushed too many of the right buttons!"), but by taking Sally out of the picture is a random killing at first, but a good one that has no leads.

Unfortunately, wolvies, I think you can only play that card maybe once or twice before it becomes old like herring, and we smell something fishy.
Plus, everyone seems to know one another well enough to suspect each other, so it won't be as easy to pick someone out at random this time, unless they just don't post at all, but that is a loss for both parties since no one learns anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Not sure I entirely agree. I don't think that a Wolf-Ka would suggest killing Sally, but she might agree with such a proposal, so in my opinion Sally's death does not exonerate THE Ka.
Good point. Mac, thank you, but that isn't the strongest point to make in arguing for my innocence or no. If I was a wolf arguing last night that killing Sally would be beneficial to diverting attention or just general confusion, I would agree, but I have more inclination to hit more to the point and save my own skin and any suspicion around me so that my fellow wolves would not loose anymore than they need to (as a wolf, you have to be oh so selfish for the greater good of wolfy kind.). Sally's attack was a good one, but I prefer an observation, wait for someone else to make the first move, then strike somewhere that is more generally to my benefit method, but not too obvious (like going after someone that has been hounding at you all Day... generally they are loud enough for other players to remember what they said.) so that it labels me or fellow wolves in the game the next Day.

I'd like to say more, but I need to go over a few more posts again, and I'm awaiting Volo to appear sometime and answer my question... hopefully, if he wants to be that honest.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 02-27-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Bolding, bolding, bolding... Tedious, just read the bloody thing.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #179
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ungh...

I have a lot of work to do, and I doubt I'll be posting much at all toDay.

I'm inclined to suspect Mac and McCaber. The former was suspicious enough yesterDay, and I doubt that the Gwathagor bandwagon was entirely wolf-free. McCaber got a lot of votes near the end, and if he's a Wolf, it would explain why the Gwathwagon needed reinforcement.

I know, I should provide more reasons, etc. but I don't have the time right now. I'm sorry.

*goes back to drowning in homework*
Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #180
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
If only I got paid by the word...

A Not So Brief History of the Lynching of St. Gwathagor, Ordo and Martyr.
(if you feel I misrepresented you, please correct me)

Joking (except things after dashes)
Lommy banters with Gwath.
Nogrod says Lommy is making sense, unlike Gwath.
Mac says to Gwath “First to be lynched? Not a problem. I can manage. :P”
----Menel suspects Lommy for provoking and casting suspicion on Gwath.
----Lommy denies casting suspicion on Gwath.
Sally continues joking about Gwath volunteering for lynching.
----Menel insists Lommy cast suspicion on Gwath, refers to it as “abuse”

Beginning of mild suspicion
McCaber says Gwath is avoiding leaving a paper trail, refraining from forming an opinion.
---- Gwath argues with Menel about Lommy, saying people's playing styles do change as wolves.

Gwath's “jump” on Boro (* for suspicion, @ for defense --- including mild and indirect)
---- Gwath argues with Boro about Sally and Durelin and why they overlooked Boro's suspicion.
*Rikae analyzes Gwath's indirect defense of Sally and Durelin, concludes he may be a wolf with one.
Gwath says it was not a defense, but more a criticism of Boro.
----Gwath says first days are rubbish until they're over, and after that they're just cryptic.
Gwath says he didn't actually defend Sally and Durelin until his “fix it” post.
@Nerwen thinks Sally and Durelin might be suspicious but it's less likely Gwath is part of it.
@Nerwen defends Gwath, saying he was trying to be helpful and offer an alternative explanation.
@Greenie thinks Rikae's accusation of Gwath is worrisome for leaving out the possibility Nerwen just mentioned. Says Gwath looks genuine enough.
@Lommy says Rikae wants everyone to keep talking about the Lommygwathsallydurelinboro thing. (look, no dashes! :P)
*Rikae clarifies she was calling Gwath's first post the defense, calls it very knee-jerk and jumpy.
Rikae says Lommy and Mac are probably more suspicious than Gwathsallydurelin.
*Boro says Rikae is onto something with suspicions of Gwath. Thinks Greenie is defending Gwath suspciously.
*Nogrod calls Gwath's indirect defense of Sally and Durelin fishy.
*Nogrod says two out of Sallydurelingwath could well be wolves.
Durelin says that Gwath is defensive (along with Mac) and attempting to be very pleasant (along with Menel and Nogrod)
Greenie puts Gwath in her yellowish-green zone

Gwath's Vote for Boro
Gwath votes for Boro for “anti-rational methodology”
*Greenie says she's uneasy about Gwath's vote
*Boro says Gwath's vote looks evil.
@ Volo says Gwath looks innocent to him.
*Rikae more suspicious of Gwath and Sally because of their votes, puts Gwath in wolfiest category.
Boro asks for Nogrod's thoughts on Gwath and Volo. [my note: Wolf looking for a bandwagon?]
*Lommy calls Gwath's vote suspcious, but “he could be the easy newbie lynch victim”. Puts him in most suspicious category.
@ Menel says Gwath doesn't seem too suspicious, given that Mac seemed more aggressive than Boro.
*Nogrod says “the alarm bells are ringing a bit louder now” for Gwath. He lists Menel and Mac as more suspicious, though.
*Mac says he doesn't like Gwath's vote, and Boro has a point against him.
*Lommy “could vote for Volo, McCaber, Gwath or Mac”.
Boro votes for Gwath
*Nogrod says Gwath may be a good candidate “he has raised enough eyebrows”, his vote, and his death might shed light on the Sally/Dury thing.
@Lommy says she'd rather vote Volo or Cabbie than Gwath.
@Durelin calls Gwath's vote “too bold for a wolf”, Gwath “too easy pickins'”
Rikae understands where Durelin's coming from, but still, Gwath is the best suspicion she's got.
*Mith says it wouldn't be the first time a novice wolf made the first post.
*McCaber says Gwath looks bad to him, but he's still not sure.
Greenie votes for Gwath (his vote is horrible and his lynching will shed light on things)
Volo says Gwath might be a wolf, but feels too easy.
Rikae votes for Gwath
Mith votes for Gwath “I don't want Boro lynched”
McCaber votes for Gwath
Volo votes for Gwath
Mac votes for Gwath “but I'd very much prefer Lommy

Now, a few thoughts:

Nogrod helped gradually raise the suspicion level on Gwath, but did not vote for him. Slightly creepy...
Nerwen looks more or less sincere.
Durelin's certainty of Gwath's innocence seems possibly too certain.
Boro does indeed look bad. He played a major role in building suspicion towards Gwath but did not start it, and fished around for support before voting.
The way Mith pops in with added accusations once the bandwagon has begun to roll, but acts as though her vote is to protect Boro, looks a bit fishy.
Mac didn't do anything particularly suspicious in yesterday's voting. There is still something I don't like in his tone, though.
Menel says things that don't make sense, as far as I can see, but I don't know if that's necessarily wolfish.
Volo is off the wall and votes for Gwath after having defended him. Explanation?
The way McCaber came to his decision, although not very helpful, seems honest enough.
THE Ka managed to stay out of the whole controversy completely. Not sure what to make of that...
Lommy first defends Gwath, then is fairly neutral and doesn't vote for him. Not suspicious in this regard.
Greenie follows the crowd in a rather suspcious manner.

If yesterday's voting shook out a few wolves from their hiding places, I think there is a good chance they'll be found among some combination of Boro, Mith, Greenie, or possibly Nogrod or Durelin.

EDIT: Added a space, because I'm geeky like that.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #181
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Let's not overlook Volo. I mean, that vote of his...
Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 AM   #182
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok Rikae is probably innocent, or then she is a wolf putting a lot of effort to seeming so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Lommy gives the third vote for McCaber. A risky vote for a wolf if the Caberwaggon would have succeeded. A smart vote for a wolf in case she reckoned that it wouldn't.
Even if I was a wolf, it wouldn't have been either risky or smart: I cross-posted with Durelin and Nogrod, as I - quite clearly, I think - marked.

Boromir looks worse than he did... but I'm afraid I'm just affected by the village consensus. *deep sigh* I need to take a closer look at him and decide for myself.

There's something fishy about Nogrod. I can't define it, but everything does not seem right. I think I'll keep an eye on him. Besides he has quite effectively flown under my radar this far.

More vague bad feelings á la Thinlómien:
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
Good point. Mac, thank you, but that isn't the strongest point to make in arguing for my innocence or no. If I was a wolf arguing last night that killing Sally would be beneficial to diverting attention or just general confusion, I would agree, but I have more inclination to hit more to the point and save my own skin and any suspicion around me so that my fellow wolves would not loose anymore than they need to (as a wolf, you have to be oh so selfish for the greater good of wolfy kind.). Sally's attack was a good one, but I prefer an observation, wait for someone else to make the first move, then strike somewhere that is more generally to my benefit method, but not too obvious (like going after someone that has been hounding at you all Day... generally they are loud enough for other players to remember what they said.) so that it labels me or fellow wolves in the game the next Day.
Something in this just seems wrong. Whether it's the general tone, the length in which wolf tactics are discussed or the actual content, I don't know. Nevertheless THE Ka feels less innocent then yesterDay.

I seem to have a lot of undecidedness and vague bad feelings and a couple of people (Nogrod, Greenie, and Durelin & THE Ka to some extent) have slipped under my radar. In short, I'm rather unsure of things and confused yet having a lot of suspicions. I think I'll reread the thread when I have an hour off after the next lesson and look at everybody more precisely and analytically. Right now I don't have time for that.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:45 AM   #183
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'm rather confused about the who could be a wolf, at the moment.

Nogrod looks fair, but feels foul. I can't put my finger on it yet, but I strongly hesitate t trust him.
Nerwen looks innocent enough for now, but I'm not sure.
Rikae feels most innocent of all, but I learnt recently to be careful about saying this about her
Of Durelin I'm not sure.
Boromir88 falls into the same category as Nogrod. A vague bad feeling.
Mithalwen puzzles me.
Meneltarmacil would be my top suspect at the moment, but there's something telling me I'm getting something wrong there.
I need to take a closer look on Volo later. He's the biggest question mark to me right now.
McCaber.... he seems too easy a choice to me, at least at the moment.
THE Ka looks reasonably innocent.
Thinlómien.... absolutely no idea.
A Little Green looks more innocent than guilty.

Maybe it's because we don't have a seer that nobody is acting really nervous. Maybe the benefit of the seer is not only in his actual dreams, but also in the pressure he puts on the wolves indirectly.

Quote:
Even if I was a wolf, it wouldn't have been either risky or smart: I cross-posted with Durelin and Nogrod, as I - quite clearly, I think - marked.
Oops. I overlooked that.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:56 AM   #184
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Hey, I haven't read through what has been said, just about skimmed through. I'll do that later today and participate more.

However, it looks like my vote is a topic. I might not have had good explanations to why I voted for Gwath, but otherwise than that it looks completely clear to me.

Q: Why Gwath?
A: He looked more suspicious than McCaber.

Q: Why did I "vote" Ka first?
A: I though that Gwath isn't suspicious enough to be lynched so I wanted to vote somebody else. Since I didn't have enough time to read through Ka's (or others') posts I had to guess. Then I thought that even if I did vote for Ka I wouldn't have affected anything, so I went safe and voted for Gwath.
For me it was completely clear that the vote for Gwath would count. Sorry, Aganzir, but I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't to you.

From yesterDay, I find Boro, Mith and Ka suspicious. Right now I don't have anything to point at, but I remember that there was something. I'll see to it later toDay.

Now to a chemistry lesson.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:00 AM   #185
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I suggest that you (and I too will) go through people, who concentrate on my vote more than needed. It's format isn't confusing, whoever makes a big deal about it might be trying to sidetrack the discussion.

Ok, bye.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 AM   #186
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Just a quick comment

I really can't understand Volo. He votes in a manner that is very questionable - he himself could not have been sure if his vote counts at all and if it does, does it count for Ka or Gwath - and then claims it's a minor thing we shouldn't be concentrating on. I spent some time thinking about this in my art lesson and concluded that it seems very unprobable an innocent would be that careless of his vote - it is the only way of eliminating wolves. I mean, no innocent would take a joke or demonstration of his confusion as far as to risk his vote being legitimate or for the correct person.

Secondly, it occured to me that with no seer wolves dare to be more bold because there is no one whose special attention they don't wish to attract. Thus I would not be surprised at all by bold or eccentric wolf actions. Again the accusing finger points at Volo and his ununderstandable vote mess.

Now, I'm off to reread...
Old 02-28-2008, 06:36 AM   #187
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Some observations:

The more I read Mac, the more innocent he seems. I said I didn't understand his suspicion of nogrod yesterday, but now it makes a bit more sense. He has a habit of predicting his own death and talking what the village has to do when he's dead so I can very well see him starting that as a wolf. I don't know, it's just a bit odd. Back to the topic of Mac, I think his latest post feels very innocent, but I'm not ready to trust him yet (not that I would trust anyone in this village but there some I'm not very troubled about). The fact that he is wolvishy defensive remains.

McCaber surely seems suspicious, but I'm a bit concerned about how wide-spread the suspicion of him is. I don't like the almost unanimous consensus against him. (I know I'm part of it as well and have been one of those who've suspected him the most. Nevertheless I think there's something wrong with this situation.) Yes, and there's something wrong with McCaber himself.

I confess. I have closed my eyes from Durelin's suspiciousness, because I didn't want her to be a wolf or to suspect her in general or most importantly, get her lynched early, because she's playing after such a long while and I like playing with her, but now I must admit there's something fishy about her. She's not my top suspect or anything like that, but she seems to play a bit too neatly, if you know what I mean. But still she seems quite honest at times and I think her voting yesterDay looks quite innocent... argh. She's a difficult one.

There is some hint of edginess or aggressiveness to Boro that is usually only found in Wolf88s. But I'm not actually getting "bad vibes" of him and there is nothing in particular to raise my alarms, in fact he seems pretty honest and innocent. It might be only that I haven't played with him for a while and I don't properly remember how he's like or that he hasn't played for a while and is only being accustomed to playing again. But on the other hand, those explanations sound a bit far-fetched as I don't think there really is a very long time at all when he last played. Anyway, what I wanted to say was - I guess - that he seems innocent but I have mild reservations about him that are based on his manner.

I know, Menel seems terribly suspicious from an objective perspective and has been so all the time but he always is, so I'm quite baffled. Yesterday I was inclined to believe he is a suspicious innocent, now I'm not so sure. Well, usually when he's a wolf he slips something or does something completely false-sounding. Maybe I'll refrain from judging him before he does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Secondly, I'm rather annoyed at myself at the moment. I just noticed that I have a tendency to automatically trust people who make long and fruitful(-looking) analyses of others. In this round, I find Rikae and Nerwen rather innocent.
I'm not sure I like this how she first questions her tendency and then happily claims she trusts Rikae and Nerwen, the analysers. Granted, she continues with questioning Rikae's judgement, but there's something odd here, I think. There is really little to go on about Greenie and I wish she'd post a lot toDay. (Even if the cost of it is that I must post less. )

Despite the rather fishy wolf-tactic musing I pointed out earlier toDay, THE Ka looks quite innocent. Her after-the-deadline post yesterDay looks very genuine and I have hard time picturing a wolf writing such things and in such manner.

Yes, that was some observations indeed.

~*~

A list

Innocentish
Nerwen

Slightly innocentish
Rikae
Boro
THE Ka

Neutral
Nogrod
Mac
A Little Green
(ugh, she really slips under my radar)

Slightly suspicious-ish
Durelin
Menel

Suspicious-ish
McCaber
Mith

Suspicious
Volo
Old 02-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #188
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
I suggest that you (and I too will) go through people, who concentrate on my vote more than needed. It's format isn't confusing, whoever makes a big deal about it might be trying to sidetrack the discussion.

Ok, bye.
Volo, no, the format isn't confusing, but the reasoning behind it is, and your explanation is not an explanation at all, insofar as, assuming you decided to vote for Gwath before hitting "post", there was no reason whatsoever to leave the Ka vote in. No reason, that is, except to make a bigger case that your vote was reluctant...?

And threatening people to keep them from looking at your vote is not an innocent looking thing to do (and draws more attention to you, not less!)
Old 02-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #189
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
OK, I don't have many real leads. I agree with Boro's sentiment that Mithalwen has been posting a lot but saying little. This is suspicious.

Then there's McCaber. Problem with him is that he tends to be suspicious wherever he goes. Yet, I can see what everyone sees in him. His constant suspicion of Gwath with little reason other than "He hasn't formed an opinion" puts me off. Why should anyone have formed a definite opinion that early on?

I doubt I'll be doing much on here later (big day, lots of work), so

++McCaber
Old 02-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #190
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK I don't have time as you know and noone was around when I did - why perhaps I posted lots and said little.

All I am going to say is as Phantom's most devoted disciple is:

I am not a wolf.

I have never been wrongly lynched but if you decide to change that record well you know what to do when you find that I have spoken the truth.

I will try to vote.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:12 AM   #191
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

By the way I nver said I was certain of Boro's innocence but I am an instinctive player and I felt it to be so... heigh ho....

Old 02-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #192
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Okay, I'm here. Off to read the posts, back soon.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #193
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, I'm back. This is just letting you all know that I will be voting shortly, because I can't guarantee being around near the deadline, and I'm in danger of getting modfired.

Some thoughts on people:

Rikae, Lommy and Mac seem okay to me, as of the time of posting.

The Ka– does she always ramble this much? That latest post of hers (#178) literally gave me a headache. The gist of it seems to be that that although Sally was under some suspicion, she was really the safest kill because her death didn’t point to anyone. So far, well and good– but then it turns into a rather creepy description of her preferred wolfing tactics... I don’t know what to make of her.

Durelin likewise.

Menel seems to have fallen off the radar, and after yesterDay I think he should be on it.

I’ll second (or third) the opinion that Boro and Nogrod seem slippery– and both of them certainly played a part in getting Gwath killed. However, I never like to vote people without more to go on. Also Boro's suspicions of Mithalwen today strike me as quite genuine.

Leading me to–

Mith– her reasons for voting Gwath look rather bad. Half of her posts toDay sound vaguely sinister, the other half just vague. (Btw, what is the count now of people using the “If I were a wolf I’d do X, and I’m doing Y, so I can’t be a wolf” argument?)

McCaber– Another slippery one, another one who helped start the Gwath bandwagon, another one who voted in an “I’m not really doing this” kind of way. The combination of all three looks nasty.

Volo. Gave a weird vote, giving a strong impression that he didn’t care who got lynched, and was perhaps trying to vote “informal”. ToDay (#184) he gives an “explanation” that doesn’t help at all, followed by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
I mean– WHAT?

EDIT: typo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-28-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #194
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I promised a few words on Volo so here comes.

- The vote-stuff: yesterDay's actual vote & how he has reacted to it toDay + the possible McCaber connection. Enough has been said I think this far (by me earlier and just a moment ago by Lommy & Rikae).

- There is something that doesn't quite sit right in his general "attitude" this time round. He's pretty quiet, well never been an actual flood-poster, but that's not it. The problem I have is when he constantly says he's rather going to listen to music or feels lazy etc. thus creating an impression he's not actually too enthusiastic about playing - so he's just an innocent villager with nothing to lose. Add to that the low posting that makes him slip under the radar of many of us and it starts to look like perfect wolf-tactics.

- After his remark on Boro, Boro attacked him back to which Volo retaliated with a couple of posts. So not too interested about the game but when suspected interested enough to counter-attack?

So I still think that McCaber and Volo might be in cahoots but am less positive about it I was in the end of yesterDay.

Quote:
McCaber surely seems suspicious, but I'm a bit concerned about how wide-spread the suspicion of him is. I don't like the almost unanimous consensus against him. (I know I'm part of it as well and have been one of those who've suspected him the most. Nevertheless I think there's something wrong with this situation.) Yes, and there's something wrong with McCaber himself.
I'm agreeing with Lommy here although I'm not sure how unanimous this suspicion is in the end. But anyhow what I kind of find disturbing with him is that in almost all of his posts he has promised to be more substantial later. And what has happened? I'd sure like to se something from him and hopefully sooner than later.

I'm now going back to yesterDay once more to check at the Gwath-bandwagon and "let's not lynch Boro" -people. Hopefully there are other leads there as I'm not too convinced about Volo and McCaber - they're just the best I seem to have right now.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 AM   #195
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, then–

++Volo.

EDIT: X'd with Nogrod.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #196
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Boro does indeed look bad. He played a major role in building suspicion towards Gwath but did not start it, and fished around for support before voting.~Rikae
I did not fish around for support before voting...that's a disturbing misrepresentation. Look at all the times and the mass of cross-posting. I jumped on something that looked like an evil wolf vote. I asked Nogrod for his thoughts so I could get him to say something about Gwath or Volo two people he hadn't said much (if anything about) and see if I could get any information about Nogrod that way.

Although you could argue that since Gwath was one likely to get lynched yesterday, he'd be easy pickings for a wolf. But my vote came before I could "fish" for support...My vote for Gwath came before Nogrod posted his thoughts on Gwath, because as I said I was interested in getting information about Nogrod.

What I find interesting too is the one's who started out suspecting Gwath, and getting supsicion against him, once it seems like he's going to be lynched than those people distance themselves by saying "Oh he looks too wolvish to be a wolf," but secretly they are smiling because their goal has been accomplished. They got their lynch victim and then they back off a little bit. The "people" who would fall under this are:

Rikae and Volo, who both remarked Gwath seems "too easy" and particularly Rikae was first to start suspicion against Gwath.

Quote:
Mith's "certainty" of Boro's innocence and Boro's mistrust of Mith look very odd
Interesting how as Mith points out words can easily be changed and twisted to benefit someone's purposes:
Quote:
By the way I nver said I was certain of Boro's innocence but I am an instinctive player and I felt it to be so... heigh ho....
Rikae and Mith you can say are my main suspects.

I know I've been edgy, wierd, and all out awkward. And I know it looks bad, but there is a RL reason for it, which I will be sure to explain before the day is over. I have to vote soon, I won't be around for a while, don't discuss about this last little bit I'm adding. Let's focus on getting a wolf and I promise I'll explain it all at the proper time.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #197
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Argh. Now I really am confused.

I wonder why has no one paid any heed to this little quote?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
That sounds like he knows Cabbie is a wolf. I mean, WHAT?

I tried to find out something by looking at Mac's statements on Cabbie. In the same post as the strange quote above, he says,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Doesn't look like he's certain about Cabbie's guilt at the time. He suspects him, of course, but I'd say not enough to write on the assumption that he is a wolf. Later on, he says,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
McCaber.... he seems too easy a choice to me, at least at the moment.
Can't decipher that one.

In addition to the Mac-Cabbie-mess, Lommy actually quoted this same specific passage in her post, and apparently noticed nothing weird in it. Deliberate? She quoted Mac's paragraph and commented it:
Quote:
She, too, looks like she knows Cabbie is a wolf, or at least assumes it. (On second thought, one could suppose she assumes him guilty after she voted for him... ) I'm not so sure of how she fits in this picture.

What is to be concluded? Could the pack be Mac, Lommy, and Cabbie, or is that too far-fetched? The way Mac just sort of slips it makes me guess he knows Cabbie is a wolf, and because there are no gifteds, the only ones who know everyone's role are the wolves. I'm not sure whether or not I can draw conclusions on Lommy based on this find.

I don't know what to make of this conspiracy theory. I must say it makes both Mac and Cabbie look suspicious. Of Lommy I'm not so sure.

Thoughts?

EDIT: x-ed with Nog, Nerwen and Boro
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #198
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Just a comment on Nerwen's "I never like to vote people without more to go on" --
in my experience, wolves are most often caught (without a seer) because their general tone seems off, people have a bad feeling about them, they "seem fair and feel foul", etc. They rarely slip up in blatent ways -- after all, they have reason to play more carefully than ordos -- and tend to survive by subtly keeping attention on the people who do behave strangely or erratically.

Although I don't like lynching strong players early on, I think we need to seriously consider the possibility that one of the really "big" players -- Boro and Nogrod, that is -- is a wolf. Neither of them would slip up in any obvious way if he were, so, in their cases at least, we'll have to judge based on more subtle "vibrations".

EDIT: X'd with Greenie

Last edited by Rikae; 02-28-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #199
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Now Greenie, that is interesting, but I thought - and still think, although you made me reconsider a little - that by saying it was a risky vote for a wolf Mac meant that had the Caber-wagon succeeded my vote would have been analysed a lot and I would have been blamed for it and a wolf would like to avoid such attention.

But yes actually I'm not even sure if that really makes a lot of sense. To be honest I'm quite baffled and I can hear little wheels turning in my head.

Mac's quote... if it implies that Mac knows what McCab is it could also mean that he knows McCab is an innocent: giving him the nailing vote would be a situation a wolf would like to avoid.

But there is something really odd in here and I'm quite baffled.

I request Mac to come here and explain this mess. But I'm just afraid that be he innocent or not he manages to create an explanation that I believe and makes me feel stupid for agreeing even a little with Greenie's theory...

And now I reread the quote and it seemed just as normal as I first thought it seems. Argh. I need to think about this more, in fact I don't even understand why am I writing my thought process here instead of thinking first and writing then... possibly because it would be against my deepest nature... Anyway, I'm going away now for a while but I'll be back eventually/soon-ish.

edit: xed with Rikae
Old 02-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #200
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"I'd hate to see Boro lynched"

There had been voices saying we shouldn't lynch Boro on Day1 (including my own when I said I wouldn't like to see Boro, Rikae or Mith go on Day1). When the actual voting began there were then these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCab -10 min.
Boro seems to know what he's doing, and he raises good points. I would prefer it was not him lynched today.
Boro leading the tally with 2 against one at that time. That indeed takes McCaber apart from the rest in a way as he referred by name only to those two who had garnered votes so far (Boro and Gwath).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo -7
Boro might be a Wolf, but I'm reluctant to voting him.
Boro 2 - Gwath 2 at that time. Volo also only referred to players who had garnered votes or talked about as possible options - and it was 2-2. Although no one had kind of voiced a desire to vote for Boro either at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith -4
I don't want Boro lynched.
Putting Gwath to 4 votes against Boro's 2. Quite unnecessary I'd say eg. overdoing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac -3
I would really not like to see Boro go.
Gwath 4 - Boro 2. Now why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy -2
it all feels wrong but voting Boro would feel even more so... *sigh*
It was already Gwath 5 - Boro 2. Looks like overdoing it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith -2
Maybe I should have gone for Mac but I feel more strongly about Boro's innocence than anyone's guilt....
Still Gwath 5 - Boro 2.

So looking at who tried to look nice justifying one's vote also with not wishing to vote for Boro this would make Mith, Lommy and Mac look the most suspicious with possibly Volo trailing behind.

McCaber is an interesting case here as it looks like he chooses between the ones who have garnered votes that far in a hurry. Now is this deliberate tactics - and why to vote for someone who has already gotten votes if the votes given are only three from fifteen when he begins his consideration? A wolfsy way of looking at things?

EDIT: X'd from Greenie onwards...