The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tolkien in Google Scribe

So I've been playing with Google Scribe in many an idle hour lately. For those who haven't seen it yet, you basically enter some text and Google uses the wisdom of the interwebs to decide what the next word should be. Choose that word (or enter one of your own) and it suggests the next word, and so on. Repeat until you're satisfied with the text (and add any needed punctuation).

Needless to say, this is of great comedic value. After trying several Star Wars quotes (my favourites: "Obi-Wan never told you what happened tonight in New York City" and "Admiral Ozzel came out of lightspeed too close to their hearts") I naturally turned to Tolkien. Some results (normal text indicates the Tolkien text I entered and italics Google's continuation):

There was Iluvatar, the All-father, and he was not a good idea.

Here ends the Silmarillion, and if you have any questions or concerns about the safety of the public may purchase hardcopy. [I guess the hardcopy has all the "no talking dogs were harmed in the making of this book" fine print.]

Bilbo was very rich and very poor.

I am a servant of the Secret Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution. [The Balrog was very worried about possible copyright infringement.]

Seek for the Sword of Uruk, Episode 1, Part 1 of 2. [Instead of embarking on a dangerous quest, Boromir updates his Netflix queue.]
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Ring

This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

I went with the One Ring inscription:

One ring to rule them all, and they are nothing but another form of therapy.

One ring to find them in their own right, and do not want to be related to their particular field or industry in which the two sides of the Atlantic Ocean.

One ring to bring them all together into an integrated system of care for the elderly and their families, in their homes.

And in the darkness bind them together into an integrated system of care for their children and grandchildren.

In the Land of Mordor where shadows lie in the range of their owners, provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to be used in these experiments.

So...that is hilarious. The One Ring can be used in therapy to help the elderly and their families, on either side of the Atlantic Ocean, but only for educational purposes.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Good find.

What have I got in my car? A broken navigation system?

Cold be hand and heart and soul. Hmm, not a bad guess actually.

How are you guys getting more than one word suggestions?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
How are you guys getting more than one word suggestions?
Hit enter to accept the suggestion and it should give you a suggestion for the next word; repeat.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Cheers!

So the first one I got was: Thus came Aragorn and Arwen Evenstar over Eowyn. Wow. You know what they say about the internet, though.

Fly, you fools are so ingenious! Oh Gandalf, you senile old man.

He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf, we must have a user ID to see the full results of the present invention!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
All that glitters is not goldfish in a fishbowl year after year,

Not all that wander around with their friends in the world are available for sale;

The old that is strong enough for this purpose does not require additional resources,

Deep roots are not reached by frostbite and hypothermia

Somehow it loses that poetic ring!

It does not due to leave a dragon out of your membership if you live close together .

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 11-04-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: More
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote