The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Dwarf & Hobbit dress up games

You know the online princess makers and what not. Well, now there's something much more amazing - Dwarf Scene Maker and Hobbit Scene Maker. I'm particularly excited about the former myself, but they're both great.

Here's yours truly as a dwarf...

...and here as a hobbit:

I encourage you to share your creations, whether it be a picture of yourself, a fellow Downer (I know these exist), a Tolkien character, or somebody else altogether.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I made 3 versions of myself as a Dwarf, one of the more-or-less real me and 2 wannabe mes, and one Hobbit wannabe me, but then discovered that you need to register to save the picture, so... can't post any.

This is such an entertaining time-waster. Either I haven't had enough barbie dolls in early childhood, or I really don't want to study for my exams. Considering that I am amused with papet plate origamis above most other objects, aside from pens and rubber bands, this is a darn entertaining time-waster. If you have time to waste, I recommend it.

PS: Agan, your beard is gorgeous.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You don't have to save it - there's a download button, or you can take a screenshot (which is what I did). I think saving is just for if you want to change it later.

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A'm'a gowrgis Dwarf.

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...46798881904298

Maybe I'll recreate the wannabemes and post them too.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yes you are. I love those braids. And I want to see the wannabeyous too!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Yes you are. I love those braids. And I want to see the wannabeyous too!
Voila.

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...42737247540873

I think it's quite obvious that the real me has more braids than Jack Sparrow, has enough hair for about four hairstyles superpositioned on top of each other, and sticks quills and whatnot in her hair.

Now, off to try the hobbit one... after you do your exam study you idiot procrastinator!... Stop sounding like Adam. Or Alice.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

The hobbit is at home:

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...72666162406785

Taking a walk:

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...44818753764477

Can you guess who these two lovely ladies are?

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...10281333963603

Evidently the hobbit-making tool was not equipped for hobbits with massive hair, or elves with elvish hair:

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...09308040637065

*runs away before anyone can yell at her for getting everything wrong*
Old 06-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Ahaha awesome!

I'm guessing Lommy and Greenie for the first, and Volo and Legate for the second. It's funny Volo looks so much taller though.

Here's me as seen by the phantom (presumably at his house, because it's so posh):
Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I'm guessing Lommy and Greenie for the first, and Volo and Legate for the second. It's funny Volo looks so much taller though.
Double bingo!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
The hobbit is at home:

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...72666162406785

Taking a walk:

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...44818753764477

Can you guess who these two lovely ladies are?

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...10281333963603

Evidently the hobbit-making tool was not equipped for hobbits with massive hair, or elves with elvish hair:

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...09308040637065

*runs away before anyone can yell at her for getting everything wrong*
I think that's nice, and most of it quite spot on. Except for the one which is supposed to be me, of course, aside from the weird height Agan mentioned (but hey, it's a hobbit...) for one main reason: I don't wear round glasses.

TP's rendition of Agan is very much a true copy of reality, though. Well, except for the really awkward smile (and the fact that for some reason, whoever made this is again one of the people who think Hobbits are supposed to have weird ears ).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I wanted her to have a bit of an evil grin, but that was as close as I could get without sacrificing accuracy.

It's nice that a thread like this started, for now I have a place to post all the various versions of Agan I'm always making on some site or another.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Here's me as seen by the phantom (presumably at his house, because it's so posh):
How about a picture of the man himself? Mind you, the crown exists only with the power of his imagination.
http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ga...02811598960984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I think that's nice, and most of it quite spot on. Except for the one which is supposed to be me, of course, aside from the weird height Agan mentioned (but hey, it's a hobbit...) for one main reason: I don't wear round glasses.
That's what I thought. But round Harry-Potteresque glasses were the only ones I saw in the toolbox thingy. And I guess the height difference is because of how I placed the two people, which was completely random and had no consieration of the effect on the overall visual. I might redo this one if I find rectangular glasses... maybe I just missed them. I only found the round ones by mistake when I wanted to grab some other object near them.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #13
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Agan had me caught onto this at another site, so I might as well post it here:

I just don't have enough hair to be a dwarf.

I think I like being a hobbit much more.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote