The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #1
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
1420! WW CVI: Tol-in-Westeros Admin Thread

Welcome to the Inn at the Crossroads, currently run by two dwarf women from across the Narrow Sea who go by the names Kath and Aganzir!

Night 1 starts on Monday the 23rd (Tue 24th for earlier timezones).
Game Thread.

The roles:
  • 3 Lions - want to raise the golden and crimson Lannister banner over the inn. Plot and kill one guest per Night.
  • a Three-Eyed Raven (seer) - discovers a guest's true identity by a Night dream, starting from Night 1.
  • a Brother of the Night's Watch (ranger) - the shield in the darkness that protects the innocent from the Lions. Cannot self-protect or target the same person on two consecutive Nights.
  • a Targaryen - Madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, the gods toss the coin. When killed, the mods will toss a coin to see if the Targaryen survives another day before quietly passing away or goes mad and takes a person of their choice to the grave with them. However, the mood in the Seven Kingdoms has been so anti-Targaryen lately that if they reveal, they will be bound in a chair to ensure they don't go mad (that is, they lose all their special power).
  • The Bear and the Maiden Fair - lovers. Only win if both survive till the end (regardless of whether it's the Lions or the Inn who win the rest of the game). Can communicate at night. The Bear, being a Werebear, kills one person a night as long as the the Maiden is alive. If one dies, the remaining lover then chooses to help the side that did not kill their lover (that is, becomes effectively an ordo if they're night killed, or cobbler if they're lynched). NB: don't read too much into the choice of gender pronouns.
  • a number of ordinary guests.
You are encouraged to pick yourself a House to serve, with the exception of Houses Lannister and Targaryen who are not welcome at the Inn openly. If you are not familiar with A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones and don't wish to be so, you can choose to be an illiterate peasant.

Rules:
  • Day and Night phases last for 24 hours. Deadline is at 9:00 PM BST (GMT+1).
  • The Lions win when their number equals the number of innocent guests remaining. The innocents win when all Lions have been eliminated.
  • Votes are to be highlighted:
    ++Kath
  • If you fail to vote on two consecutive Days, you will be whipped and modfired.
  • In case of tie, the first to reach the highest number of votes is lynched.
  • Remember to switch to Invisible mode (User CP > Edit Options > [check] Use Invisible Mode > Save Changes).
Players (note: as of Thursday, I'll have limited internet, so you'll find the updated player list in Kath's post further down that I can't link to because it's not here yet):
Eönwë - house Royce
Inziladun - house Tully
Kitanna - illiterate peasant
Encaitare - random peasant
Thinlómien - house (Stannis) Baratheon
wilwarin538 - house Mormont
Boromir88 - house Bolton
Loslote - illiterate Tyrell cousin
Nerwen - house Martell
Galadriel55? - wildling
A Little Green - house Reed
WythDryden - house Martell
Eomer of the Rohirrim - house Stark
Rikae - house Tarth
Macalaure - house Connington
Coppermirror - crazy Northern hermit
Nogrod - house Swann
Colin "Volo" Mute - house (Euron) Greyjoy
Gil-Galad - First Baker of Braavos
satansaloser2005 - random peasant
skip spence

Sign-ups are closed.

Last edited by Aganzir; 06-24-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #2
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am in!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm in, though I must sadly be an "illiterate", unless someone wants to suggest a House for me.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #4
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Count me in and though familiar I still wish to be an illiterate peasant. Seems slightly less deadly that way.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #5
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I'm in, though I must sadly be an "illiterate", unless someone wants to suggest a House for me.
Try this. (I'm 95% House Martell myself, which suits me perfectly.)

I assure you, violence is not tolerated at the Inn! Eat our bread and salt and you'll be safe, no matter what your House. (This also applies to the Lannisters and Targaryens in the sense that they're turned away at the door.)
Old 06-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #6
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

I hope I remember how this works, but count me in! The last time I played WW was IRL in Boston. Tricky, that.

I can be a random peasant, as I am not a GoT fan.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #7
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare View Post
I hope I remember how this works, but count me in! The last time I played WW was IRL in Boston. Tricky, that.

I can be a random peasant, as I am not a GoT fan.
Ooh welcome! Go check some old games; it hasn't changed considerably since then. (Except the highlight code is [ highlight ] and [ / highlight].
Old 06-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Thank you for the highlight code, I was wondering about that.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #9
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Thanks for that! I got House Tully. I guess that's good.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #10
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Dark-Eye Why is there no stag icon? Can this be a flaming heart? If you squint?

Sign me in, team Dragonstone, erm, I mean House Baratheon. OURS IS THE FURY.

(That test gives me House Stark though - all the tests always give me the Starks, which is a bit lame because they are everybody's favourite. I'm not denying my starkish qualities but let me pretend I'm a cool storm lord this time.)

I am aware that this house choice is going to make it like 150% more ironic if I'm a lion in disguise. Bring it on!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #11
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
House Royce! "We Remember"

(I did the quiz, and I came out as Stark just over Martell. But I thought I'd go for one of the cool smaller houses, so it was either Royce or Umber.)
Old 06-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
If we're starting soon enough, sign me up!

As for role, I'll go for representing House Greyjoy as a follower of the Drowned God.

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE!!!

(given my lately ongoing trend of demise on Day 1, this could be a relevant quote...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Well, I can't say no to GoT WW!!! Good a time as any for a comeback! Count me in!

And according to this name generator I am Maegi Wilwaeria Mormont, First Sword of Braavos :P So house Mormont please!

edit: the quiz gave me Stark, but I'd rather my family stay alive :P

Last edited by wilwarin538; 06-16-2014 at 11:57 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
a follower of the Drowned God.
I assume this is totally unrelated to your personal title.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #15
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
House Bolton please :-)
Old 06-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #16
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I assume this is totally unrelated to your personal title.
Ah, you caught me. You know, I just have this sort of affinity for water
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #17
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If we start soonish, I'm in. The quiz gave me House Tyrell, so let's say I'm the illiterate Tyrell cousin or something.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #18
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sign me up, please!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #19
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eonwe, new avvie? Nice one!

Quote:
Haha, I got a tie between Martell and Tully. But I be yer wildling!

...That's assuming I can play. Put me under a questionmark, please.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:16 AM   #20
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Crannogman reporting for duty! House Reed, please.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:42 AM   #21
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Welcome everyone! So glad to have you all on board.

We will not start earlier than Sunday because Kath is gone till Thursday and I from Thursday till Sunday, but you may expect the game to get going early next week - after all, we already have 12 players!

If a lot more people join, we may consider additional roles.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #22
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Please save a spot for Jon! Hopefully his posting issue will be solved before too long.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #23
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare View Post
Please save a spot for Jon! Hopefully his posting issue will be solved before too long.
No problem! Let's hope ot gets solved.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #24
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Go on then, I'm in. I'll be representing whichever house claims the allegiance of the direwolf cults of the north. Because Wargs: all the time, every time! Is that still house Stark? I can't remember what happened in the last two books.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #25
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Go on then, I'm in. I'll be representing whichever house claims the allegiance of the direwolf cults of the north. Because Wargs: all the time, every time! Is that still house Stark? I can't remember what happened in the last two books.
Yes, that would be house Stark! Welcome.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #26
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The quiz has assigned me to House Martell; however I'm not very familiar with this fandom, so I fear my IC posting will be sadly deficient.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #27
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
The quiz has assigned me to House Martell; however I'm not very familiar with this fandom, so I fear my IC posting will be sadly deficient.
High five!

No IC posting is required so don't worry. We'll do our best to host a game that even people who are not familiar with the fandom can enjoy.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #28
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Also - sorry about the double post - if we get, say, four more players, we'll introduce lovers: the bear and the maiden fair!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #29
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Also - sorry about the double post - if we get, say, four more players, we'll introduce lovers: the bear and the maiden fair!
Woot!!! Get some honey for their hair!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #30
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Woot!!! Get some honey for their hair!!!
Note that the bear will be a Bear of sorts - but more on that if it becomes topical!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #31
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.

The quiz gave me Tully and Rikae Martell, but we'll sign up as:

Rikae of Tarth

and

Mac Connington (gone for a very long time, but now back and hellbent on some bloodshed)
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #32
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
The quiz gave me Tully and Rikae Martell, but we'll sign up as:

Rikae of Tarth

and

Mac Connington (gone for a very long time, but now back and hellbent on some bloodshed)
So amazing to see you (both) around again - along with all the other 'Downers who haven't been around so much lately (hi also especially Eomer who I have also not seen around in ages!). Now I just hope that in case I can't play in this one after all (unless someone lynches me on Day 1 again), there will be more games following in which you will also play...
Old 06-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #33
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
So amazing to see you (both) around again - along with all the other 'Downers who haven't been around so much lately (hi also especially Eomer who I have also not seen around in ages!). Now I just hope that in case I can't play in this one after all (unless someone lynches me on Day 1 again), there will be more games following in which you will also play...
Just in case that doesn't happen, Legate, I'm positive we will all be sure in this game to vote for you, constantly and unjustly!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #34
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Rikae and Mac! It's been too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Old 06-19-2014, 03:19 AM   #35
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Just in case that doesn't happen, Legate, I'm positive we will all be sure in this game to vote for you, constantly and unjustly!
Nothing would please me more!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #36
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Are there enough players yet for there to be a bear and a maiden? Initially I wasn't planning to sign up, but there are so many players and so many are ones who I haven't had the chance to play with much/ever that I'm really tempted. And there might be a bear. I really want to play in a game that has a bear in it sometime! Even if the bear is actually one of a set of lovers.

So: if it will mean that there will be a bear in the game, absolutely sign me up.

But, I'm afraid that my activity will be on the low side. If I don't police myself pretty strictly and I don't get killed off early, I just know that Werewolf will suck up my time dreadfully, and I've got stuff to do. But I would definitely be able to spend some time on it every day. So I think it would be okay to sign up. Especially if there will be bears.

I have read most of the ASOIAF books, but that was a bunch of years ago. The quiz above gave me House Stark, but it'd be nice to have a vague enough role that I could get away with not remembering all that much about the books but still have fun in the IC segments. (I love IC segments, okay.) Maybe I could be a crazy Northern hermit or something like that.

Last edited by Coppermirror; 06-19-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #37
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Rikae of Tarth

and

Mac Connington
TARTH AND CONNINGTON? ARE YOU KIDDING ME NOW I REMEMBER WHY YOU TWO ARE MY FAVOURITE PEOPLE! <3 So happy that you are playing!! (Although if you are Tarth and Connington I'm a bit worried about your marriage. )

And come on, we need to have the bear and the maiden fair.

PS. *also gathers Encai, Wilwa and Eomer in a group hug* Yay you're all playing again!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:48 AM   #38
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
(Although if you are Tarth and Connington I'm a bit worried about your marriage. )
I definitely don't take after Ronnel.

We're having visitors here for the next few weeks, so our posting might be a bit sparse on some days, just letting you know.

It feels good to be back.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #39
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Back from Estonia... count me in as well.

I'll come up with a house soon enough.

Nice to see some old faces around!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #40
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Knowing how crazy my RL is right now, I really feel that I should drop out, because either I will be extremely quiet here or I will screw up RL. But looking at all you wonderful people and knowing that it's never going to be the right time, RL is always busy, etc, I don't want to drop out just yet. I may or may not play depending on how things develop by the time we start the game.