The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2016, 01:11 AM   #1
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eye What would happen to you in a Werewolf game based on your Myers Briggs personality

You know the Myers Briggs personality test? There are 16 different personality types marked by different letter combinations, and while it's completely unscientific, it's good fun.

The other day, Greenie and I found an article called Here’s What Would Happen To You In A Horror Movie Based On Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type, and we soon realised it works perfectly for Werewolf as well.

Being an ENTJ, this is what I got:
Quote:
The ENTJ is always the twisted authority figure in the horror movie. They aren’t the actual killer but they’re nonetheless shot in the name of justice by a vigilante ISTJ who’s had enough.
Which I guess is true because I have a tendency to try to lead the village even when I don't exactly know what's going on and it often gets me lynched, usually with reasoning such as "she talks too much" (which is in my opinion the worst reason to suspect anyone). So annoying when that happens.

How about you?

If you don't know your personality type, you can take the test here.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:28 AM   #2
Andsigil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Andsigil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I guess I'm dead:

Quote:
The INTJ isn’t the actual killer but they’re the person everyone suspects to be the killer from the get-go. They’re murdered in an anxious fit by the ESFP, who spends the rest of the movie crying into the INFJ’s arms over their misguided crime of passion.
Although, I'd like to think I could either prepare against, or find a way out of any ESFP's impulsive, emotionally-driven plans.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
First time around, I did a different test and got ENFJ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
"The ENFJ assumes a natural leadership role in every horror movie, due to their inhuman ability to calm others down during a crisis. They are unlikely to die, but their love interest definitely will. The leader’s love interest is never, ever safe."
But using the test Agan linked at the first post, I am INFJ-T:

"The INFJ fares surprisingly well in a horror movie, until the story needs a martyr. And then the INFJ is volunteering themselves to die faster than Katniss Everdeen at a Hunger Games reaping."

Don't know how well that matches with my Werewolf history of either being lynched early for valid reasons (because I was stupid) or trying and failing to manipulate the entire village. I think the ENFJ description was closer.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #4
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Last time I took it, was to see what Star Wars character I was... ISTJ (Owen Lars) just barely edging out ISTP (Chewbacca).

Basically the same results this time taking it...I'm firmly set in the IST (all 70% or more) and almost a dead split between J and P. This time my perception edged out judgement, 54% to 46%. Both ISTJ and ISTP are probably the most accurate descriptions when it comes to my WW story:

Quote:
If anyone can survive a horror movie it’s the ISTP. They’re secretive, cunning, reactive and agile. Too bad they often turn out to be the killer’s accomplice. If only they’d use their powers for good.
When a wolf, this is almost always me. I know I probably won't survive to the end, so I'm always planning for the best moment that my death would benefit my mates, and then causing as much destruction as possible before I'm lynched.

Quote:
The ISTJ always survives the horror movie. They’re cautious to a fault, they trust no one and they aren’t afraid to do what needs to be done in the name of self-preservation. They’re the one holding the traumatized group together years after the horror has passed.
Even though on the good side, I tend not to survive to the end, I usually last nearly to the end, because I become a tasty lynch bait target. A few games I've gone the martyr route, but most of the time I do whatever I have to to stay alive.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-07-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #5
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
When a wolf, this is almost always me. I know I probably won't survive to the end

-and-

Even though on the good side, I tend not to survive to the end
Unless it is in a Dead Thread game, in which case you are immortal...you have within you blood of dragons.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #6
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Both ISTJ and ISTP are probably the most accurate descriptions when it comes to my WW story:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
They aren’t the actual killer but they’re nonetheless shot in the name of justice by a vigilante ISTJ who’s had enough.
Uh-oh!

That does happen though, you saying something along the line of "I'm sorry my dear but you have to die now" and casting the final vote.

Also it's amusing that you're, like, the two types that always survive the horror movie (or werewolf game) but yourself never survive.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:27 AM   #7
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sting

You fools! Agan is tricking you all into revealing your personality types, the better to manipulate you!
Old 10-08-2016, 03:23 AM   #8
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
You fools! Agan is tricking you all into revealing your personality types, the better to manipulate you!
You caught me; you must be an INTJ.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #9
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
You caught me; you must be an INTJ.
Ah, well, clearly if I was, I wouldn't tell you, would I? But, then, would I tell you if I wasn't?

Quote:
Last time I took it, was to see what Star Wars character I was... ISTJ (Owen Lars) just barely edging out ISTP (Chewbacca).
Quote:
The ISTJ always survives the horror movie. They’re cautious to a fault, they trust no one and they aren’t afraid to do what needs to be done in the name of self-preservation. They’re the one holding the traumatized group together years after the horror has passed.
Poor Uncle Owen. He was in the wrong movie genre.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #10
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
The ESTJ doesn’t die immediately but their ego does get the best of them eventually. After scraping through a few near-death scenarios they start getting cocky – and die showing off their lack of caution.
I mean, considering the amount of times I've been a cobbler voting for myself, it seems pretty accurate.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:21 PM   #11
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, while waiting for the game to start, I decided to see if there was a Myers Briggs chart for our fandom. And, of course, there is. Combining this with Aganzir's article, we find that, had "The Lord of the Rings" been a horror movie, the killer would have been... Sam.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #12
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am firmly EN but the F/T and P/J axis is much more open to shifting, depending on the test I take. But it makes no odds - as according to this almost all ENs fail to survive.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #13
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I thiiiiiink I'm an ENFJ? I took the test a while ago and don't feel like doing it again.

Quote:
The ENFJ assumes a natural leadership role in every horror movie, due to their inhuman ability to calm others down during a crisis. They are unlikely to die, but their love interest definitely will. The leader’s love interest is never, ever safe.
Seeing as I successfully coached two middle schoolers out of crisis mode yesterday, this sounds accurate. But I can't allow Thanleon to perish!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:47 PM   #14
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
INTP
Quote:
The INTP is the troubled child in every horror movie whose parents are worried about him because he spends all of his time in his room tinkering with robots. In reality, the INTP always breaks out a secret device that saves the day when everyone else is least expecting it. Way to go INTP baby genius.
See, I was the true innocent child all along.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:36 PM   #15
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
INTP

But true in the sense that you do tend to set unexpected traps () and analyze the reactions, which often yields you good information.

I did the test 2 years ago and got ENFJ and INFJ. I did it again now to see where it brings me, and got ISFP:

Quote:
The ISFP survives the horror movie ironically. Despite their timid nature, their relationship with the no-nonsense ISTJ turns out to be beneficial. And of course they have a moment of blazing courage near the end of the film, because we all want to root for the underdog.
If I do survive, it really is often ironically. However, I am much more likely to croak before the sun sets on D2.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #16
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
their relationship with the no-nonsense ISTJ turns out to be beneficial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Last time I took it, was to see what Star Wars character I was... ISTJ
Well, should have bumped this thread last week.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:31 PM   #17
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
INTP

Quote:
The INTP is the troubled child in every horror movie whose parents are worried about him because he spends all of his time in his room tinkering with robots. In reality, the INTP always breaks out a secret device that saves the day when everyone else is least expecting it. Way to go INTP baby genius.
.........I'm also INTP, I think there's genuinely something to this.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:46 AM   #18
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm obviously N (intuitions, interpretations and patterns over Just Facts tm) and P (prefer things spontaneous or ambiguous rather than strictly planned/ agreed on), but the rest of it is a bit murky. Most tests also think I'm rather more the feelingsy F than the thinking T, but I have honestly hard time choosing between the Extrovert and the Introvert (I am more introverted than any extrovert I know, and more extroverted than any introvert I know), and these tests tend to give me very 50-50 scores.

So for ENFP:

Quote:
In their usual fashion of refusing to process anything remotely negative, the ENFP would fail to acknowledge the impending danger in a horror movie and get ruthlessly murdered while singing show tunes in the shower. It will be the reminder the other characters need to get their asses in gear about the killer on the loose.
Agreed that I am a rather cheerful ordo who thinks we can afford lynching innocents and hunters but I don't think "refusing to process anything remotely negative" really describes me as a person, and I extremely rarely get killed early, so I don't think I'm vibing with this. Onwards!

For INFP:

Quote:
The INFP knows that the killer isn’t really a bad person, they’re just misunderstood and in need of human connection. Problematically, the killer actually is a bad person and the INFP gets murdered by them almost immediately.
Is this me about Boro last game? Again, I don't usually die early in ww - if I'm Night killed, it usually happens rather later on if at all. Maybe I'm the upgraded version of this who gets manipulated by the baddied instead of killed...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:44 AM   #19
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm usually a cross between ISTJ and ISTP but on this occasion I think I'm going to have to go with this incredibly accurate definition of last game:

Quote:
ISTP
If anyone can survive a horror movie it’s the ISTP. They’re secretive, cunning, reactive and agile. Too bad they often turn out to be the killer’s accomplice. If only they’d use their powers for good
Old 05-24-2020, 06:48 AM   #20
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I'm usually a cross between ISTJ and ISTP but on this occasion I think I'm going to have to go with this incredibly accurate definition of last game:
That is a scary accurate description!
Old 05-24-2020, 06:51 AM   #21
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Well, should have bumped this thread last week.
Heh, it was remarkably accurate. Same for Kath too!

So, Nerwen was right, it was a trick by Agan to get us to reveal our WW personalities.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #22
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That is a scary accurate description!
It made me laugh so much!
Old 05-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #23
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I am absolutely not falling for this.

But I can tell you that I've been consistently ISFJ for the past several years, so deduce from that what you will.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote