The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2003, 08:49 PM   #41
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
I have an alternate ego for the whole fantasizing bit too.
I do that too! I have a feeling that everyone does that. My alter-ego doesn't really have another name or anything, it's just kind of an idealized version of me.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 01:11 PM   #42
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

lol. the other day i caught my self saying lines from the hobbit...you kno the part where bilbo is trying to confuse the spider or whatever...then my mom started looking at me funny, so i figured i shoudl stop...
Old 04-06-2003, 08:30 PM   #43
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I've tried to compose music for the tom bombadil poems...and all of the others too but tom bombadil's worked out best...And then I found various excuses to work TB and luthien tinuveil's songs into a poetry project, and then over half of my poems had at least ONE line with luthien in it...well there was also the phantom etc but that's not the point. I also wrote 3 poems OBVIOUSLY about LOTR characters/places [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 03:12 PM   #44
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

lol. i wish i had poetry again. that sounds like fun. maybe next year.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:59 PM   #45
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I get into whacked-out discussions with my brother. And my teachers. And my friends. And my Health teacher (who thinks LOTR is a waste of time; I've yet to convert her. She refuses to read the books and has only ROTK [the cartoon version] to base her opinions on!). My more recent debates are on what would happen in a duel between Yoda and Sauron (with my brother) and the genetics of Elven hair color (with my Bio teacher).

I also write a ton of poetry. (Some of it's actually pretty good.) A lot of times I'll take the form of Tolkien's poems and create my own stuff to fit it, but I've been known to write odes and other such works about LOTR and The Hobbit. I parodize Disney (and other songs, but mostly Disney) songs.

Some days I'll be sitting on the couch reading and my brother will walk into the room and we'll just start quoting the books. One day I was with a friend and I was kind of ticked at someone so I told the latter to go away. When she left, I went "We told her to go away... and away she went! *****'s free!" (* = my name, which you don't get to learn) I got a LOT of weird looks from people that day, let me tell you! I re-enact scenes with friends.

A lot of times in the summer (when our Mom isn't home!), my brother and I ransack the house for broom sticks, yardsticks, and other weapon-like paraphanalia and we "sword-fight" in the yard. When I first got into LOTR, I decided that I needed a wooden staff, so I had my dad cut me an oak sapling (about 1 inch in diameter) to staff length (I ended up shortening it, so I can use it as a staff or held like a broad sword) and I carved it. Sort of. It's perfectly smooth, since it's sanded down but it's partly carved. I also have another one that I use in 'competitions' between myself and a friend. Let me tell you, they hurt when you get hit with one. *MUST PAY ATTENTION* It hurts getting whacked in the side of the head or tripped with a staff!

As for other stuff, I've got a shed that I've set up with a desk, shelves, the works, and when I get together with some friends, we ransack my mother's gardens and the cooking cupboard and we concoct 'potions' that cure pretty much everything. Or not. I wouldn't know- I've vowed to never eat drink, or really touch, anything that comes out of that shed.

My alter ego goes roaming about in the fields and creeks (and woods) behind my house. She is the daughter of a Ranger and and Elf!

What can I say? I'm strange!
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote