The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2003, 04:36 PM   #81
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
"One word, girls: Legolas. (and Frodo, too!)"
Are you serious?! That'd make me mad if I saw that while reading a magazine. Yes there's Legolas and there's Frodo; both of which (esp. the last [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) are good reasons to go see the movie but they're a tiny part of the good reasons! Come on people! Grow up!!! Get some sense!

Anyway, back on topic, I recently saw a picture of Frodo on a piece of wood they were selling at the mall. Yeah, that was strange, granted I freaked out but still... strange. Frodo on wood? Who'd a thunk it?

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 06:33 PM   #82
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Quote:
Are you serious?! That'd make me mad if I saw that while reading a magazine.
Heh heh...yeah. I was annoyed, too.

Ooo! I noticed something today. I was playing Kingdom Hearts (great game [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) And I came across a little item. "Mythril" *giggles* Mithril! Only...with "myth" ...Hee hee! Well I thought it was funny...
Old 12-22-2003, 09:46 PM   #83
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I recently saw a shop called "Mellon" Something-or-other. Since I was just driving by, I didn't exactly get a chance to stop by, and see what exactly they were selling, but the funny thing was, the entrance looked exactly like the Doors of Durin. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 09:55 PM   #84
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

Hmmm... let me see... places... Oh! i know!

Aweek ago the Ka was floating about this dark and dreary world and came across a place that reminded me of middle earth. There was this road sign with the title "Gondorean". another thing i saw was a cigarette advertisement, that on the bottom said, "The Best thing since Pipe-weed!" Hmm, must of been a weird day prehaps. Oh, well off i go to www.neopets.com, my chubchub is getting sick. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm so silly!
bye bye.

Quote:
" All you know, is alone, now you see the Phantom Stranger! Down you go, all alone, long lost Phantom Stranger!"
- Rob Zombie, Return of the Phantom Stranger
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:27 PM   #85
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Does the world know yet? "Norway's 'Hobbit' idol wins World Idol"

Don't know who watches the idol shows(in whatever country) but when they did world Idol, Norway took the world by storm. Along with his new nickname 'Hobbit' given to him when one of the judges commented on the fact that he "has the voice of an angel, but you look like a hobbit. If there was a Middle-Earth Idol, you'd win it."

Despite the predictions that American Idol Kelly Clarkson would win, with a tight smile she got the modest score of second. The Hobbit is the winna!
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:39 PM   #86
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Hobbit Power!

I saw a poster of Aragorn in a weight-lifting gym the other day. o_0. I think it was supposed to "inspire" the weight-lifters or something.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:01 AM   #87
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
1420! Get ready to experience...the BLT!

This is a nice story...SO READ IT!

It's our final concert prep. As many of you know, I spent my last 2 months at band camp. So this is what our director, a man standing at 5 feet, 4 inches tall, 27 years old and weighing in a 125 pounds, tells us.

We have a normal show, losts of crazy antics but the crack up, the last straw, the encore: A LOTR medley. I've played it before, it's a good song. But that's not all. First, he's going to open it with the voice of the prelude that Galadrial gives in the opening to FOTR...the crowd goes quiet and we open in to the main Fellowship theme, strong and proud to projected scenes carefully spliced together from the movie. Beyond cool for a bunch of teenagers right? But wait! There's more.

On the night of the performance Dustin (the director) steps out of the wings for the encore number in: A Hobbit cloak that his wife made him (broach and all) and...bare feet! In his dress uniform (it was an Air Cadet band camp) with his boss Major Deck in the audience!

Wait, I just realised that probably nobody cares or thinks thats as funny as I do...oh well, made you read it anyway.

Cheers.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:00 AM   #88
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The company I work for is scouting locations for our next store and in virginia thre is a town called brandywine *goes into kiddy voice* my mommy says we're going there someday to check it out *back to normal voice* yeah other than that let's see....um thats all i can think of now