User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2002, 02:05 PM   #1
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye Belin's "Fool's Errand" (Blue Sky discussion)

Ok, this is my RPG. It takes place just after the War of Wrath.

There's a gang of bandits wandering around. The leader, a Man named Thorondruin, gets wind of the Silmaril currently possesed by Beren and Luthien in Ossiriand. He takes his gang East to try to find (and steal) it. When they get there, he pauses to rob a homestead (or whatever the correct ME term for a solitary house is) of food.

This is where the story starts. I need gang members (any race), Green Elves, some animals maybe. It's fairly open, character-wise.

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]

[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-11-2002, 02:14 PM   #2
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

The "silent partner" speaks up.

I am a Green Elf named Hithduiniel that lives in said homestead. She is fairly young and silly, and she will cause an unfortuate interference in this house-robbing plan.

I'm a very inexperienced RPGer, so bear with any silliness that ensues.

Anything else? Stats perhaps?

--Belin Ibaimendi
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-11-2002, 02:17 PM   #3
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

This is Thorondruin

Race: Man
Appearance: Tall, but he appears taller because he's quite thin. He has dark hair, no beard. He likes the color red.
Character: Charismatic, can be charming when he wants to be. Stubborn and argumentative and always has to have his own way.
History: Don't know in particular.
Occupation: bandit and thief. He uses two daggers like swords. Has a habit of cutting peoples' achille's tendons when he's tired of fighting them, particularly when they're using big, heavy, slow, swords.

[ December 25, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-11-2002, 02:25 PM   #4
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Hithduiniel.

Race: Green Elf.
Appearance: On the short side for an elf. Dark hair, green eyes. Wears green, of course.
Character: Sometimes, she is overly impressed with her own cleverness. Her foolishness fails to make any sort of an impression on her at all. She is a little greedy, a little stubborn, and doesn't always take things as seriously as you might like. That said, she's fairly good at making people like ther,and she really is quite clever and resourceful. She does not have any weapons skills whatsoever.
History: She's lived in her father's house in the woods for her whole life, climbing trees and lording it over her younger sisters.

--Belin Ibaimendi
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-11-2002, 02:31 PM   #5
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Yes, I will mention that this is a collaboration between Belin and me. We have a story in plans, but won't tell you all what it is because that would defeat the purpose of making it an RPG. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2002, 01:51 AM   #6
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
1420!

Here's my character -

Name - Ozracles
Race - Man
Age - 23
Hgt - 6'6
Wt - 260 lbs
Hair - None
Eyes - grey
Appearance - A muscular, barbarian. No hair, wild eyes.
Weapons - Long heavy barbarian sword and massive battle axe.
No armour. "Armour is for weaklings".
Story - A nomadic thief, reaver and slayer. Has no alligiance, could join up in band of thieves etc. for personal gain.

-----------------------------------

Susan, you have to set up the basics of a story... like where we are, why we are there and what we will be aiming to do?

This is the tenth RPG I have joined or is it the Eleventh.. ahhh I am obsessed.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 07-12-2002, 02:13 AM   #7
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Ah, very well. This is the story as we'd like it to play out: Thorondruin and his gang go to Ossiriand to steal the Silmaril and stop at this homestead to get food. They are interrupted by Hithduiniel. An argument insues between Hithduiniel and Thorondruin, which is interrupted by the arrival of more Elves. Thorondruin panics and grabs Hithdiuniel as a hostage. When they get out of Ossiriand, he realises what a stupid move that was, since it would cause basically the whole of Ossiriand to chase after him to get her back. Since he has to go back in anyway to get the Silmaril, he thinks he'll just take her back with him, but she will have none of it because she thinks her life wants excitement. That's what we have so far.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:17 AM   #8
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Okay, that's a start... then on we inprovise and build a story.
My character Ozracles will join up with your ganag later, at first he will be working alone.
How's that?

Do you have AIM Susan? Pm me if you do...

Ps - You need a more attractive name for the RPG than that what you have set. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2002, 02:25 AM   #9
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Sounds good.

Yes, we're working on a better name. This one was a spur of the moment decision.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:33 AM   #10
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

If you have any suggestions for a name, by all means let us know.

Hm.. If you're not going to join the band right away, I hope somebody will....

--Belin Ibaimendi
Old 07-12-2002, 06:49 AM   #11
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ok, maybe I will join your gand from the start.

As for the name..some thing about the silmarils maybe,
Old 07-13-2002, 04:07 AM   #12
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Am I allowed to join? I wanna be an evil elf!

Name: Kalia
Race: Elf/Evil
Description: Shoulder-length black hair w/ dark blue streaks, silver eyes that turn red when mad, 5’ 11”, wears nothing but black gowns, black lipstick, black nails, tall black staff wound around w/ emeralds w/ a big one on top, hair is always up in a ponytail, black cloak.
Weapons: long greenish-tinted sword w/ elvish inscriptions, black bow/green arrows, small dagger, black and white magic.
Parents: Mother- Elf Father- pure evil something (I don’t know what to make him that’s pure evil)
History: When she was 5, she learned of her heritage and became ashamed. Started training how to use all kinds of weapons when 7, killed her father for injuring her mother when 15. After that, her mother became ashamed of her. She ran away when she was 20. Came back 5 years later to find that her mom was dead. Left again and began wandering. While traveling, she studies all species she saw, met, or heard of. When 10, her father told her that she shouldn’t exist and tried to kill her.
Personality: Kind, easy to anger, quick to judge, cherishes her few friends, longs for more friends, shy, usually in a dark mood. She’s usually alone and so is quiet. She’s also very shy and vengeful.
Special: Begins glowing black when doing powerful magic, large emerald appears on forehead when doing any magic. Black stallion w/ red eyes that has no name.
Occupation: Sings for a living. Beautiful and enchanting voice.
Valuables: Silver dragon necklace w/ emerald eyes (her father said that it kept her safe from her hidden powers [when he was nice]), small silver ring, black and silver bracelet, thin gold tiara w/ teardrop-shaped emerald hanging down the front.
Extras: None
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 07-13-2002, 11:31 AM   #13
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

She sounds like quite a character. Welcome aboard [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Do you have an idea for a better name for this RPG?
Old 07-13-2002, 12:22 PM   #14
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

That's a cool name, you should keep it.
Ok, profile. I'm bored with nice guy Halbereth so I'm a little evil.
Name: Amanalkarion.
Race:Elf (MALE)
Appearance: Tall, often wears flowing silver cape to hide self. Long dark red hair, which reveals deep blue streaks when doing magic. Black eyes, tanned and has thick eye brows, w/ scar on one so he only has half his left brow. Wears traditional Mirkwood clothes.
History: Orphaned when young, and wanders forest of Mirkwood, trying to find family. His father was an elf, and his mother was a direct descendant of Namien, the most evil elf in history. Has also a hint of faery blood, from great-great-great grandmother. Has no friends except (sorry suicidal elf chick, i'm taking liberties) Kalia.
Gear: Clothes, then bow and arrows, and two silver daggers that flash with fire. Also horse, a dark purple horse with silver eyes which he rides bareback.
Special: Has special emblem, which he has as a small statue hung around his neck. It is a dark faery. He uses this to do black and very very very occasionally white magic. Can summon fire. All usual elf stuff, eyesight, hearing, etc.
Personality: Has quick temper and loses it regulaly. He has a softer side, and is a good listener. He doesn't speak much, and when he does it has to be important. He is spontaneous and swift to react. Get's scared only very rarely, but has a huge phobia of a huge black claw which is something to do with
Namien. It haunts his dreams and often causes him to wake up yelling out and kicking around. He dislikes brightness and prefers darkness and dampness. Would be very at home in Moria.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:58 PM   #15
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

That great, Halbereth. And thanks for you support of the name.

I'm looking for between five and ten gang members. elf chick and Halbereth, are you members of the gang or imdependent Elves? As soon as I get enough people to join Thorondruin, I can start the RPG, because the Green Elves don't show up instantly anyway.
Old 07-13-2002, 01:37 PM   #16
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

All the elves, independant, throw your hands up in the air. Independant thanks. But I can still come with you can't I?
Old 07-13-2002, 01:44 PM   #17
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Of course, Halbereth. I just wanted to know where you'd be [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2002, 02:11 PM   #18
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

The Silent Partner (Belin) has made a suggestion: She suggests that we start the story earlier, with the formation of Thorondruin's gang, so everybody gets introduced properly. I agree, so that's what we're going to do.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:20 PM   #19
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

I dinna get it? I'll just come in when I like shall I? It's easier for me.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:22 PM   #20
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Yes, all I meant was that we'd be starting at an earlier point in the story than originally planned. Come in as you normally would. But we need more than four players.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:33 PM   #21
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Ohhhh! But I wanna start now! *pouts* Not fair. PEOPLE, COME AND PLAY!!!!! LIKE, NOW!!!!
Old 07-13-2002, 02:43 PM   #22
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Sting

I want to start too, Halbereth, but four is too few gang members. I want at least five, with between six and eight being ideal. Hithduiniel's family memebers don't really need independent brains, since we won't see much of them, but I would like to get some people to play Elves on the other side, so there can be intelligent pursuit.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:52 PM   #23
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Ok, fair enough.
EVERYONE OUT THERE, GET YOURSELVES IN HERE PROTO SO WE CAN START THE ROLEPLAY.
Please.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:52 PM   #24
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Quote:
Hithduiniel's family memebers don't really need independent brains
Watch it, mortal. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, I think it would be good to have a few Green Elves in here; add some dimension to the story, and they'd probably be fun to play.

--Belin Ibaimendi
Old 07-13-2002, 02:55 PM   #25
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Did you want my attention for something, Belin? It seemed like you spoke.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Yes, that's what I meant precisely. There needs to be players on both sides.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:59 PM   #26
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Maybe we should do more advertising....

edit: I have added the link to my sig [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 13, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-13-2002, 03:41 PM   #27
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

*perks ears up* Anyone say they might have use of an animal? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I play a wolf pup in two RPGs, so you can say I'm quite experienced.

Name: Khelek
Species: Timber Wolf
Summary: Seperated from his pack, this wolf pup is cared for by Elves in Rivendell. Using the wolf's senses, Khelek is very agile, strong, stealthy, and can hunt small game, such as rabbits and birds. Coming from a pack of wolves whom are wise and a good friend to Rangers and the Elven-kind, Khelek's loyalty is unrivaled. He can communicate with normal folk through mind-speech. Khelek is identifiable by his white fur, and especially large paws.

[ July 13, 2002: Message edited by: GreatWarg ]
Old 07-13-2002, 04:04 PM   #28
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Ooh, good! Wolf senses are always useful [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Which side do you want to play for?
Old 07-13-2002, 04:12 PM   #29
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Ian't it kind of obvious who's side? Growing up in Rivendell should hint it. Watch out thieves and bandits, Khelek's on your trail! *grins and shows all of his pointy teeth* Hehe...
Old 07-13-2002, 04:17 PM   #30
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Oh, good, a wolf! Your stance is interesting... Are you pro-Green Elf or simply anti-bandit??... (btw, when was Rivendell built? Does it exist yet??)

Green Elves, Green Elves, where are you? Please note: Green Elves need not necessarily be "good," just irritable. What I'd like is an interesting cast on both sides, and infighting is certainly a possibility.

--Belin Ibaimendi
Old 07-13-2002, 04:42 PM   #31
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I thought that's where you might be, GW [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Not only that, infighting makes for great drama. Well, interesting drama, anyway.
All we need our Green Elves to be is anti-bandit, as Belin put it. All they need is a desire to save their woman from the thieving mortal...everything else about them is up in the air.
Old 07-14-2002, 01:05 AM   #32
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Cool, thanks Susan Delgado! I'll be an independent elf, ok? But if I need to, I'll join up with Cimmerian and be in the gang. I just wanna join in!
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 07-14-2002, 01:13 AM   #33
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

That's fine, SEC. Everyone who wants to join is welcome to [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 10:27 AM   #34
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

C'nwe START yet? I wanna start!!
Old 07-14-2002, 10:29 AM   #35
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Yes, Halbereth. Give me half an hour and then i'll start it. I'm impatient too, you know [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 10:32 AM   #36
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

What do you need the half hour for? Sorry, I'm just dead nosy.
My RPG's going well, int it?
Old 07-14-2002, 10:40 AM   #37
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I don't, really....I just really want to get JUST ONE MORE PERSON. One more, that's all...Ah, well.

It's going excellently. I'm really enjoying it.
Old 07-14-2002, 12:22 PM   #38
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, can I join here?

Name: Himelilek (Cold star of Ice)

Gender: Female (I haven't had a female character in a LONG time.)

Eye Colour: Silver

Hair Colour: Silver

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 120lbs

Weapons: A Pendulum (It is a long dagger like blade that is attached to a long chain. At the end of the chain is a small morningstar ball. The dagger opens when it is thrown and then when it hits an object, the impact causes it to close. When she pulls on it it rips and does a lot of damage.) The weapon can be used in short and long range battle. And a long bow for really long distances that her Pendulum can't reach.

Armor: Silver chest plate with her family crest on it. (A silver star burst around a garland of Holly.) Black arm and leg protectors that have silver adornments on them and one gauntlet on her left hand and a gauntlet on her right that has her index and middle fingers left bare so she could shoot better. She has a horse named Celebdil and a falcon named Moth.

Other: She is laughs easily and talks and cajowls a lot. Many people think that she doesn't suit her name but in battle she's another story.

Story: She's just a long for the ride. No fancy-shamcy stuff. Her family is alive and well, they still are in the Undying Lands.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:57 PM   #39
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Welcome! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Gee...that Pendulum sounds bad. Which side are you on?
Old 07-14-2002, 08:03 PM   #40
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name: Dineniel
Race: Rogue elf
Appearence: average height, thin, dark blue eyes, long wavy black hair, prefers wearing dark blue, black, silver and scarlet clothing. dangly silver earings (must have dangly silver earrings!always!)
Weapon: two long daggers
Story: is a wandering, rogue-ish runaway elf, bumps into the gang of silmaril-stealers, probably will join them.