User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2002, 08:08 PM   #41
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I dunno...I suppose we'll have to wait and see...I think I am on your side. Maybe a baddie. Hm. I haven't quite decided.

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Manelwen ]
Old 07-14-2002, 08:08 PM   #42
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Welcome, Rosseilantiel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Well, we'll just have to see when it comes to it. You could be a spy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-14-2002, 08:17 PM   #43
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Oo, that'd be fun! Spy... hmmm...
O well, thanks for letting me join in! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 08:26 PM   #44
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

But of course. The more the merrier [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 08:46 PM   #45
Ivy of the Woods
Animated Skeleton

Ivy of the Woods has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name: Ivy
Race: Man
Appearance: long very dark brown, usually tied in braid. Of average height and dark forest green eyes.
Character: Kind, likes to do things for the good cause but will do anything for friends or even for herself even if means making a few bad decisions.
History: There is a price on her head and she is under a false identity. She ment her friend Lander in Rohan and they have been travelling together ever since
Occupation: mostly on the run but she plays the harp for money when she needs it.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:53 PM   #46
navmarien

Silmaril

hey, could i play? i have an elf character that you might be able to use.
name: Ollea Stormfire
appearance: long golden hair with very thin dark streaks throughout, usually worn up so that its out of the way. wears a dark green cloak and is often mistaken to be a boy. is in the habit of wearing the attire of a human soldier due to extensive traveling. carries a bow and a sword. a bit small for an elf, but is fast as lightning in a fight.
wears a small, flat light blue jewel on a chain around her neck that allows her to channel her powers.
history: allegedly, her lineage can be traced back to Osse, and has the ability to summon powerful storms. is one of the good elves, but is prone to working as a double agent; however, she only relays important, vital information to those who serve the light. Fairly quiet, able to keep a calm temperment unless in the heat of battle, and a good listener.
What do you think?
Quote:
"Tiro! El eria e mor.
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren.
Ai! Anirion..."

Old 07-14-2002, 09:04 PM   #47
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Sounds good, and welcome to the Downs [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:15 PM   #48
navmarien

Sting

hey, you read the dark tower series delgado? i luved that series, ive been waiting for book 5 forever. (oops, sorry about the off-topic thing) [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2002, 09:22 PM   #49
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Wizard and Glass is one of my very favorite King books [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:39 PM   #50
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Ivy, you sound like a good guy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:51 PM   #51
navmarien

Sting

Wizard and Glass is really different from most of the stuff King writes though. That book focused on the love story and family issues, while alot of them have horror first, with plot as a (very close) second.

Old 07-14-2002, 10:00 PM   #52
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

True...my other favorites are Rose Madder, Eye of the Dragon and IT, if that shows you my interest a little better [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 11:46 PM   #53
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
1420!

What a day! I've really fallen behind! Welcome aboard, all of you! I like the variety of motives; I think when you come down to it, we're all spies here really. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Rosseil, I must say, the stolen horse is very funny.

In any case, I'm beginning to wish I could join in now (no wonder nobody wants to be a Green Elf yet), so I think I'll create a temporary character:

Remdil, of another race of Men. He is a bouncer of about 35, of great physical strength and little imagination. He's never considered the Silmarils in his life. He grew up in the small town in which we are presently, and he developed a strong affection for the inn you are currently turning into a rather disreputable den of plotters. In fact, it was partially owned by his uncle, who had no great affection for Remdil's father but was rather fond of the boy himself and essentially brought him up in the barroom of the inn. However, Remdil, an unambitious lad, never showed any interest in running the place, much less owning it, but the idea of being a bouncer very much appealed to him, and the rest is history. On the other hand, unfortuately, he isn't a very good bouncer, as should be obvious from the goings-on in here. Also, he's a little overly attached to the other side of the bar. His elderly uncle, however, will always defend him against all detractors as "a good steady lad, and none of your tricksters."

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-14-2002, 11:49 PM   #54
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I think I like him already [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2002, 12:16 AM   #55
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Whoa, this RPG is up and running before learning to walk... now I have so much to read before my first post...man!

Anyway, Ozzy will join up with your gang soon.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:23 PM   #56
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I sense great conflict coming between us, Ozracles [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As per GreatWarg's repeated requests that he not be left alone with a bunch of nasty people who all seem to want to kill him, I have given him a companion.

Name: His old life is over and his new one is just beginning. As a result, his old name is useless and he doesn't have a new one yet.
Species: Dog
Appearance: White with black points (meaning black marks on his ears and face, legs, and tail)
Abilities: Nothing special beyond the normal pack talents: that of a hive mentality, which includes mindspeech (the normal kind, not the kind that allows Khelek to communicate with the Elves) and an instinctive pooling of talents. He is eager to please and eager to learn, though.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:53 PM   #57
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Hey, Elves, us mortal(s) can't hear what you're saying when you mindspeak. Can't you speak out loud?
Old 07-16-2002, 12:38 AM   #58
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Let's see, since you haven't really come up with a scheme of things and everyone seems to be standing around talking and a few showing off their pyrotechnic skills. I suggest that we as a band of vandals raise hell all around whereever we are and make a name for ourselves. And then, and only then should a group of good characters rise to challenge us. If we have goodies among us trying to nip things in the bud, we end up being a very poor band of brigands with no future at all.
Besides I don't think thieving vandal groups had any noble elves with them ever.

This could be a good RPG with a negative theme, if we build it the right way.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:55 AM   #59
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Okay. Of Remdil. First of all, I should make clear to you, Cim, that he's not trying to stop evil plans, particularly; he'd just like evil (or should I say, troublemaking) people to get out of his town.
Second of all, my, my, but he's in a tight spot. Feel free to kill him if you get the urge, but be warned: that very likely will lead to people following you around, which you may not want.

--Belin Ibaimendi
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-16-2002, 09:53 AM   #60
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Besides I don't think thieving vandal groups had any noble elves with them ever
You can one elf off the Noble List, Dineniel's DEFINEITELY not noble. she's a horse thief, after all.
Old 07-16-2002, 10:03 AM   #61
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Hey, I'm independant! Anyways... yea, um, yea. You wouldn't want to hear conversations between Elves and animals. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It ruins the mystery of it. 'Sides, I can't talk! So i have to use body motions much more often and describe stuff using the senses of the wolf. Don't worry, I won't let them kill you. It's too early for anyoen to die yet. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2002, 12:21 PM   #62
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Uh, I think I will add my two cents to Halbereth. I know what Cimm said to you and I know he had a point. No one is picking on you but you are blowing everything out of proportion. You know, Elrond, Galadriel, Celeborn, Gil-Galad, Feanor, Thranduil, Cirdan, and many others are very, very, very powerful elves in Tolkien's stories but did you ever hear of them chucking fire balls at one another? The only fire balls anyone threw made poor Bilbo dodge for cover! And that was a dragon!!

We are all mature writers here (or at least I think so) And I think that in order to have a good character, you don't need to blow everyone out of the water with wicked-cool magic. Sure, its good to be different, and needless to say, your character is unique but you must respect the wishes of others and remember that they are there to have a good time too.

Now! Onward with the story!! Let's go and get the silmaril, ya'all!!

Sincerely,
Manelwen

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Manelwen ]
Old 07-16-2002, 06:35 PM   #63
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Quote:
Don't worry, I won't let them kill you. It's too early for anyoen to die yet. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Awww... thanks, GW. Poor old Remdil, don't know what he was thinking.....

Halbereth-- As an RPG novice, I'm not really able to say whether your pyrotecnics are overboard or whether they violate RPG etiquette. I would, however, like to ask you (and Cimmerian as well) to please not take these matters personally. I'm sure nobody wants a Discussion brawl. Let's leave the fighting to our characters!!

--Belin Ibaimendi
Old 07-16-2002, 09:01 PM   #64
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

I'm being careful... I just know Galadriel and Elrond, promise! And I don't have any magic... luckily. It takes skill to survive! Something you peeps don't have if you have to use magic! ^-^
Old 07-17-2002, 01:09 AM   #65
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Sting

GreatWarg, I am insulted at your summary rejection of my dog. Why do you think I'm making fun of you?

Listen people, this is my RPG. I don't want any infighting; if you have personal problems, leave them outside or I will ask you to leave the game. We must all remain civil, and personal vituperation is not conducive to that goal.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:41 AM   #66
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

GW, im on the same side as you, but i cant just come out and say it in the story. im just planning to stick it out until someone figures me out or i have a good excuse for taking off, and go back to my own side. Don't worry Cim, i won't mess around with your plans too much. Im trying to keep cover and im outnumbered 5:1, and it might arouse suspision if too many storms come popping out of thin air.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:58 AM   #67
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

What storms? If you're playing Ororo Munroe, I'm doing a Sabretooth, so there. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Come on, Susan. Let's kill some fat merchants and wreak havoc at the inn, before we go to steal the Silmaril.
We're antisocials here, we don't need an honour code against killing. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Do we? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2002, 09:15 AM   #68
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Huh? i dont get it. My character can summon storms, my character description is on this page.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:59 AM   #69
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Here! Here! I side with Cim! Let's make 'em cry for mommy!! Yippie!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:08 AM   #70
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Sorry about that. I think I have allies on a different scale. But in any case, with some good posts, we can make this RPG real good. I'm trying not to intervene too early for my own good. After all, I can't take all them by myself, even with Ollea on my side. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2002, 10:27 AM   #71
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm not going to list my attributes, or even what side I am on, as you would not instinctively and absolutely accurately catgorise a complete stranger you met in the inn. Needless to say, my actions and motives are not always clear cut.

Let the games begin.

Oh, and my character is called Rastus.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:23 AM   #72
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Well, Rastus... the norm here is to post your character details here and then wait to be approved by the RPG starter.

As for your character, he better not be an omnipotent, god-gifted, gary lou coming on with all guns blazing .

Ahhh.... okay, Thor and Ozracles will butt heads soon.

I'm sharpening the axe and my hands are soaking wet..... grahh!
Old 07-18-2002, 01:13 AM   #73
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

If you call me Thor again, I'll start calling you Oz. If you don't mind, go ahead and call me Thor, but in your quest to eliminate omnipotent, god-like characters, is it wise to call me by the name of an actual God? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2002, 08:18 AM   #74
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

Remarkable idea-let's go kill someone.
And Manelwen, I did say that my character had some faery blood, so i can chuck fireballs, thanks. Not meaning to be rude.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:10 PM   #75
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Well, I guess we have some magic users here. But go easy on me if we come across each other; one wolf by himself can't possibly beat all of you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2002, 08:05 PM   #76
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Well, that was easier than I expected. But I'd wager that a barbarian would think that he could beat a wolf. Not so, boys! (and girls) You've got one cunning wolf to deal with! Ah, and the truth has been revealed! Let's kick some rogue butt!
Old 07-18-2002, 09:31 PM   #77
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ouch! thanx GW!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] i'd appreciate not getting killed off...if thats alright with everyone. i guess im more directly on Khelek's side now.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:41 PM   #78
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

He actually wasn't lying, elf chick. Thorondruin is a very practical person and simply having you away from him and his plans is enough to satisfy him. Khelek on the other hand....
How did she get his dagger into his shoulder from where she was lying on the ground?
Old 07-18-2002, 09:54 PM   #79
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I know, but most people dont have much trust in someone who just stabbed them. She doesn't exactly trust anyone in the group much other than Khelek, so she's gonna expect the worst, if not from Thornodruin then from someone else. I'm just doing this from her perspective.
Oh, and she managed to reach his shoulder because she turned over, took the knife out and chucked it at him.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: tangerine ]
Old 07-18-2002, 10:32 PM   #80
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Fair enough.

Of course....how stupid of me not to think of that; Thorondruin has been doing it the entire time [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]