The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2003, 12:19 PM   #1
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Lord Of The Rings Meets The Matrix

This is for all you Matrix fans out there. And I know there are quite a few of you. Enjoy! <P> Lord Of The Rings Meets The Matrix <P>AICN has a funny report on the reshoots taking place on Lord Of The Rings:<P>Some of my lowly Kiwi spies have informed me that Viggo Mortensen made up in Aragorn's scruffy unkept beard filmed a scene a few days ago with Hugo/Elrond aka Mr. Smith for THE RETURN OF THE KING. It was a scene where Elrond comes into Aragorn's tent wearing a hooded cape that kept his face hidden in darkness. Jackson shot the scene a dozen times at least. In this scene Hugo slowly and with a certain amount of drama removes the hood from his face to seriously talk with Viggo. Due to various reasons Hugo kept blowing his lines, so Peter shot it over and over. Finally the Director called for the insurance, or Champagne shot, and they ran thru it all for one final take with Elrond stepping into the scene face hidden from the view of all in attendance, buuuuuut this time when he slowly exposes his face he had on a pair of his patented "Mr. Smith" sunglasses and says something along the line of, "Join with the MATRIX, Mr. Aragorn" in his best deadpan delivery. Mr. Jackson then called for the scene wrap.
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:06 PM   #2
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

lol!! That is so funny!<p>[ June 10, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Evenstar the Fair ]
Old 06-10-2003, 04:59 PM   #3
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
lol! That Hugo's a crazy guy. lol thanks for sharing! It makes for a funny mental picture...
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:02 PM   #4
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

That sounds like somthing that will show up in the Extended RotK DVD. Unless PJ feels like ending his carear by putting it in the theatrical movie!
Old 06-10-2003, 06:03 PM   #5
Frodo 007
Haunting Spirit

Location: Wellington, New Zealand (Middle-Earth Baby Yeah!!!)
Frodo 007 has just left Hobbiton.
ahahaha oh my god!!!how insanely weird he is...
Old 06-11-2003, 01:38 AM   #6
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

If only I could tell Zel Ladrona. She'd love it, but I am forbidde* to even mention BD to her. <P>He really did that!? We actors are a strange bunch, let me tell you.<p>[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:33 PM   #7
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Sting

I was bored last night, so I made another one of those Matrix/LotR edited photos. It's not too good, but it kept my boredom away for about an hour or two. ^_^<P> <P>And if the image doesn't show up (my site is giving me problems), go to <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/illusions_of_moonlight/smithinrivendell.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/illusions_of_moonlight/smithinrivendell.jpg</A> to see it.
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 02:21 PM   #8
Calathanien
Pile O'Bones

Calathanien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Calathanien
Sting

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe heheheheheh!!!!! he is v.funny!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 01:47 PM   #9
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

I can't see it, here or at your site. Bags.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:54 PM   #10
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Ahhh, the infamous red X! I could believe that Hugo did that! That sounds like something he would do. Although I have absolutely no idea why Elrond would meet with Aragorn in a tent. PJ better not put that in his movie unless he wants a very early retirement!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 05:20 AM   #11
The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
Animated Skeleton

The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
White-Hand

Christ, that's funny! I like that... it's a pity Keanu Reeves was missing... *melts*
Old 06-20-2003, 02:28 AM   #12
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Man , this is so funny, it should be in Mayhem though...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:02 PM   #13
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Oh dear. That's one of the funniest things I've heard in ages. ^_^ I'm a big fan of the Matrix and LotR, so I can't wait to see it in the RotK extended DVD.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:45 PM   #14
Dûrvagor Cormyr

Sting

I'm sorry, I'm new to this posting thing. How do you get a picture on the thread that's not from the internet? Is that even possible?<P>-Dûrvagor<p>[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: Dûrvagor Cormyr ]
Old 06-23-2003, 01:03 PM   #15
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Sorry, Dûrvagor, that's not possible.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote