The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2010, 11:58 PM   #841
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Huh?

...That's not how it works, Fowlren.
I just thought that if the wolves discussed it in their night PMs, they would say, "So, one of us could pretend to be the seer." And the others would be like, "Okay, who'd like to do that?" And then if someone said, "Me! Me! Me!" The other wolves could either be like, "Okay, yeah, you'd be convincing enough." Or, "Er...no...not a good idea at all."

But I guess I'm wrong.

x-posted with a whole BUNCH of people! Yay for busy times on the Downs. It's so much fun knowing that as I type here alone in my room with my dog sleeping beside me at this ungodly hour that there are half a dozen and likely more people scattered about the world sitting in front of their computer screens reading the same things I am reading, writing those very things, and also practically biting their nails with anticipation of how this will all turn out.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:58 PM   #842
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

A message for Nog, if you truly are innocent...

You were just thinking completely different than me from start to finish, which usually isn't the case. I could never, ever get on board with you, and given a couple of your suspicions or votes you had obviously missed things that you don't usually miss. In the end, perhaps it was due to time constraints, but I could not ignore the possibility that you knew exactly what you were doing.

You say you're happy to be proven innocent? I also will be proven innocent sooner or later. And if we're both innocent, well- very sorry, and we have an awful lot to work out come post-game.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #843
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I dearly hope not - I trust her - but I hope you'll have a nice death anyway.
Dearie... I will come to haunt you unlike some others...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #844
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well this is fun.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #845
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
What!?!?

YOu must be crazy... all of you...

Maybe this is again that cobbler-game where everyone's a cobbler?
Well I was so sad I couldn't play in that game....you know.

If you've got something to say, say it. I'd legitimately love to hear dying words from you, especially if you turn back into the Nog we all know and love.

(Also, go check your facebook. There's snuggles waiting for you. )
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #846
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Notice 3.3

1 minute
Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 AM   #847
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
I dreamed that Nog was the unicorn.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 AM   #848
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

If that's true, then I'm waaaaay off, Tum, as I've believed for days that I know who the unicorn is.

And is Lottie actually in the lead now?
Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 AM   #849
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
You say you're happy to be proven innocent? I also will be proven innocent sooner or later. And if we're both innocent, well- very sorry, and we have an awful lot to work out come post-game.
Let's see how this turns out?
Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #850
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay... I was backing away from voting Nog, because I'm afraid I'm not being objective enough about him– but now it looks like the best option.

++Nogrod

And if he's a wolf, let's look at Fowlren toMorrow.

EDIT:X'd with a host... and I've missed the DL. Sorry, Glirdy, but my internet keeps running slow at this time.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #851
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I just thought that if the wolves discussed it in their night PMs, they would say, "So, one of us could pretend to be the seer." And the others would be like, "Okay, who'd like to do that?" And then if someone said, "Me! Me! Me!" The other wolves could either be like, "Okay, yeah, you'd be convincing enough." Or, "Er...no...not a good idea at all."

But I guess I'm wrong.
It can happen like that, but most of the time people volunteer, not get designated. And seer reveals are generally only for last-ditch efforts. Again, usually....

Best shut up, but I'll hopefully explain this more fully for you tomorrow!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #852
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

She's very correct indeed...
Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #853
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

And Time

Everyone stop posting.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #854
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Okay... I was backing away from voting Nog, because I'm afraid I'm not being objective enough about him– but now it looks like the best option.

++Nogrod

And if he's a wolf, let's look at Fowlren toMorrow.

Can we look at her anyway? Please? Hestia? Apollo? Anybody?

EDIT: x'd with the Mod, I swears, precious.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #855
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ha. If he's a wolf, don't expect me to play that stupidly. I may be somewhat confused about how this particular game is played out with all the roles, but by golly, I'm not a complete dunce.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #856
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I think that was after deadline, Nerwen
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:03 AM   #857
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Wow, isn't it nice to not have people posting when they're not supposed- Oh. Never mind.

Sorry, Glirdan, love, I'll shut up now. But somebody had to say it.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 AM   #858
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
I dreamed that Nog was the unicorn.
Ah, well, if he is, that'll settle the question of what you are as well.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:05 AM   #859
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

With a total of 5 votes, Nog has been lynched. He was Poseidon, God of the Sea, which means the Unicorn.

I will have the narration up at some point later tomorrow (for once this week, I'm actually exhausted and need bed NOW). I will reveal to everyone in my narration for the Night kill, or my Midnight posts, on whether or not you gained a few Ordo's.

Another quick rule change that will kind of affect things, but only Demeter and Athena really need to pay attention to this: There will be no revealing for these two roles!!

For everyone in this time zone, Good night!

PS:

The Night has begun, everyone do what you must do.

PPS: I did not see the time on Nerwen's post when she posted it, therefore I have tallied it in with the votes. Like I said, me is tired...

PPPS: I AM NOW GOING TO BED SO SHHHHH!

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-31-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #860
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Fountain of Truth

The Gods congregated again for the ending of the Day, as has been the ritual for the past few days since the discovery of Thanatos's body in the Grand Hall. Yet their spirits were high due to the protection of the Night before.

Yet it was time once more to try and discover the culprits behind these attacks, the ones that were attempting to bring them the Twilight. And it seemed that today, The God of the Sea was the one to be questioned.

Zeus looked at his brother in sorrow. Out of his two brothers, he liked Poseidon best and was sorrowful at the very thought that his favorite brother would be responsible for these attacks. But, as King of the Gods, he had to do his duty.

Yet the Gods were growing restless and fed up with Poseidon. Due to him having been away so long, he seemed to be acting rather strange, and they just wanted him gone. And before Zeus could so much as put in a word, the Gods surrounded Poseidon and picked him up and started carrying him towards the fountain that stood in the middle of the hall.

"You seem to like water so much, Uncle, why don't go for a swim!" Artemis yelled. Yet Poseidon did nothing to stop them...he knew his innocence.

The Gods threw Poseidon into the pool, and before he even had a chance to stand up out of it, all of them zapped the pool. When the smoke had cleared, they looked into the pool and saw that he had vanished...

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Is he dead? No one knows...yet!

Alive
Wilwa
Kath
Mira
Zil
Lottie
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Tum
Lalaith
Greenie
Rikae
Shasta
Mac
Phantom
Sally

IT IS NOW NIGHT 4
Do what you gotta do.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #861
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Midnight Scouring Pt. 4

The Gods sat up through the Night in their own separate chambers, wondering what had happened to Poseidon after the mysterious vanishing act.

Yet the Night went on as usual. The halls being patrolled, the baddies plotting away, and Zeus and Hera doing only they knew what....

-------------------------------------
EARLIER THAT DAY

Down on the bank of a river, a fisherman was just reeling in his last catch of the day when he noticed something large floating in the river. He waded into the river and gasped.

For their was the body of Poseidon, burnt to a crisp. It seems that he used the last of his strength to try and move himself, using the water, to whisk him away before he got zapped...But he was a little slow.

The God of the Sea had passed.

-----------------------------------

Back on Mount Olympus, Zeus felt a pang in his heart and knew that the worst had befallen his brother....

IT IS STILL NIGHT 4

Dead
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Fish-fried by the other Gods

Alive
Wilwa
Kath
Mira
Zil
Lottie
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Tum
Lalaith
Greenie
Rikae
Shasta
Mac
Phantom
Sally
Old 07-31-2010, 03:19 PM   #862
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The Night came and with it, a certain calm in the weather outside. Yet the fear was still running as high as ever in Olympus.

Artemis was making her usual patrolling rounds, stopping to say hi to Eros and have quick little discussions with him along the way. After their brief little chat, she wandered off by herself to go check the Grand chamber...After all, that seemed to be the place where the ones doing these terrible things seemed to enjoy putting their triumphs on display. She walked into the room and sensed danger immediately. She drew an arrow from the pouch hanging off her shoulder and notched it to her bow before progressing any farther into the room.

She waited, like a seasoned Hunter, for any sign of movement, but noticed nothing. She slowly stepped into the room, careful to check behind her in case someone approached from behind. But nothing happened. She made her way to the center of the room and turned in a circular motion to take a quick glimpse into every recess of the Chamber. Then she heard it, from right behind her. She turned quickly and fired...but a little too late.

Hera had already done the damage she needed to do and had sent an energy blast right at Artemis, who took it full in the face. When it connected, Hera jumped and screamed for joy! "This is too easy!" she thought to herself. "Like taking candy from a little baby!"

She turned and started walking back to her room when she felt a terrible pain. She looked down and noticed an arrow protruding from her a chest. She let out and little "Oh!" of shock, before crumpling to the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
THE START OF THE DAY

The Gods all made their way to the Grand Chamber, and before even stepping foot through the archway, they all noticed the dead body of their Queen on the ground. They looked a little farther and noticed that there was another body, still smoking from the energy blast that had hit Artemis square in the face.

It seems that the Gods had lucked out in finding one of the one's responsible for bringing the Twilight...but at a price.

Zeus finally came up to the Gods and looked down at the dead body of his beloved wife......

Dead
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Fish-fried by the other Gods
Night 4 - Lottie aka. Artemis (Hunter) - Face full of energy blast from Hera
Night 4 - Wilwa aka. Hera (Wolf) - Pierced by Artemis's last shot

Alive
Kath
Mira
Zil
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Tum
Lalaith
Greenie
Rikae
Shasta
Mac
Phantom
Sally

IT IS NOW DAY 4
Everyone but Shirrifs stop PMing

Start posting

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-02-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #863
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Your Great and Magnificent mod is unable to be here today, but do not fret, Hermes is back to deliver dire messages to you lovable Gods.

The wolves have killed Lottie, bye bye, Artemis (Hunter), rest in peace with the knowledge that you have slain the mighty Hera. That means, bye bye to you too Wilwa, serves you right....witch!

Let day Commence!

Edit: And checking the Admin thread, this means Zeus, PM a name to Glirdan and choose to either kill, protect, discover person's role, or cast extra vote by Days end.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-01-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #864
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Wow. Cheers Lottie! What I'm wondering about right now, though, is why the wolves picked her. She had dropped a rather clear Hunter hint on Day 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Do it. Really, go ahead. I'm not upset, I'm not tired of the game in any way, and this is not said in anger. I wouldn't mind being lynched.
Did the wolves a) miss or forget that, or b) think she was double-bluffing to avoid being Night-killed (or for some other reason), or c) have something rather more complicated in mind?

Also, concerning Poseinog's death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan on the Admin thread
Poseidon- God of the Sea – Poseidon is this games Unicorn. When Poseidon dies I will put the names of all of the dead in a hat, including the Unicorn’s name. If the name I pick out is of an innocent (or Cobbler) that person will come back to life ALONG WITH Poseidon. If a Wolf or the False Seer is chosen, no one comes back.
Unless I have misunderstood something, the fact that he didn't come back must mean that Glirdan picked either a wolf or a false seer to be brought back with him - and since we had not killed a wolf yet, it must logically follow that Boro was picked and was the false seer. Which, in turn, would make autume the real seer, which, in turn, would confirm Rikae as a wolf, which, in turn, would mean we'll have two wolves dead after toDay. (An addition: we also have two seers who both know whether they are true or false.) I kind of like all that. On the down side, though, even after Rikae we still have two wolves (Hades and Hephaestus) to find.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #865
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Now I might be way off with this, but I'm getting worse vibes from Mac again. Partly because he's being overly nice to me (makes me think he's trying to mess with my head because I suspect him - he would know that it's always harder to suspect someone who is quite convinced you are innocent). Partly because of the Hades thing that was discussed quite much on Day 2. And partly because I got the impression, when reading over yesterDay with the knowledge that Rikae is a wolf, that her sudden suspicion of him (after defending him for the first couple of Days) seemed wolf-on-wolf-ish. (I'll try to bring up actual quotes soon, I have a horribly busy day but I'll try anyway.)

Moving on to another thing that caught my eye yesterDay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeper (love that name!) about phantom's Day 1 vote
Points out his own failings. phantom doesn't make mistakes. Who can PM during the Day?
Erm.. what? I fear I don't quite get this. Like, are you implying that because phantom doesn't usually admit to making mistakes it must mean he was PMing with somebody who told him he made a mistake, and he then proceeded to post an admission of it? But if that's your reasoning, you basically voted for someone who was innocent by your own logic (the only ones who could PM during Day 1 are the Shirriffs). I hope I misunderstood something.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #866
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan on the Admin thread
Poseidon- God of the Sea – Poseidon is this games Unicorn. When Poseidon dies I will put the names of all of the dead in a hat, including the Unicorn’s name. If the name I pick out is of an innocent (or Cobbler) that person will come back to life ALONG WITH Poseidon. If a Wolf or the False Seer is chosen, no one comes back.
Unless I have misunderstood something, the fact that he didn't come back must mean that Glirdan picked either a wolf or a false seer to be brought back with him - and since we had not killed a wolf yet, it must logically follow that Boro was picked and was the false seer.
You must be right– unless "Cobbler" means one of the shifting-alignment roles. Or is it just left over from an earlier version of the rules? But the odds are against tum having picked the Unicorn correctly by chance, anyway.

–And there goes my theory that Nog was trying to get lynched on purpose, so as to die before he could bring a wolf back (didn't read the Unicorn role-description properly).

EDIT:X'd with Greenie.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-01-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:28 AM   #867
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
You must be right– unless "Cobbler" means one of the shifting-alignment roles. Or is it just left over from an earlier version of the rules? But the odds are against tum having picked the Unicorn correctly by chance, anyway.

–And there goes my theory that Nog was trying to get lynched on purpose, so as to die before he could bring a wolf back (didn't read the Unicorn role-description properly).
I believe the Cobbler there is just a leftover. I definitely hope so. And I agree about tum. Yay for Gifted doing their job! As for Nog - I considered that as well before I took a second look at the role definitions. I wonder - could he have wanted to die rather sooner than later for some other reason? He did seem rather suicidal at times. Like, maybe thought he could do the dying when there are bigger chances for him to bring back an innocent and himself (ie. before we have lynched wolves that would make it more probable for no one to come back)? Don't know if that makes sense though.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:09 AM   #868
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I wonder - could he have wanted to die rather sooner than later for some other reason? He did seem rather suicidal at times. Like, maybe thought he could do the dying when there are bigger chances for him to bring back an innocent and himself (ie. before we have lynched wolves that would make it more probable for no one to come back)? Don't know if that makes sense though.
I suppose he might have been hoping to bring Boro back– though I'd have wanted some indication first that Boro was in fact the true Seer, if it had been me.

Anyway, somebody had better go through Wilwa's posts.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:20 AM   #869
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
I suppose he might have been hoping to bring Boro back– though I'd have wanted some indication first that Boro was in fact the true Seer, if it had been me.
Might be - though it would be rather odd to want to get lynched solely because of that (given that the one who comes/doesn't come back is picked randomly). Though actually it could make sense - the earlier he gets himself killed, the bigger the chance of getting Boro back with him (or proven to be false). Or maybe he was just generally aiming at being killed at some point, because obviously the Unicorn is just a random ordo until they die.

Quote:
Anyway, somebody had better go through Wilwa's posts.
I definitely agree! I don't think I have the time to do that, I'll have to vote and be off in less than two hours and have a million other things to do meanwhile..
Old 08-01-2010, 03:57 AM   #870
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

So, a list of sorts. Facts first. Looks like autume is a true seer and Rikae is a wolf. That leaves two wolves in the following eleven:

Kath
Mira
Zil
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Shasta
Mac
Phantom
Sally

I'm disinclined to think are wolves:
Nerwen - Usually I can never read her, but this time I'm fairly convinced she's not a wolf.
Folwren - Her posts seem very genuine. Fairly convinced she's not a wolf.
Phantom - Either innocent or a mastermind. I'm rather more inclined to think the former.

I'm confused about (okay, I'm confused about everyone, but these most of all):
Kath - Where is she, anyway? Can't form an opinion on this little evidence, but if I had to guess I'd say innocent.
Mira - Posts little, and when she does it's something that makes my head ache. I'd really like an answer from her to the question I asked earlier toDay. Other than that - she just confuses me, plain and simple. I would call her a cobbler if there was one.
Zil - Still can't get a read on that guy. Worrying.
Nienna - No idea.
Lalaith - She feels innocent, she is consistent, she is sharp and nice, and yet I can't shake off the thought that she is a wolf mastermind messing with my head.
Shasta - No idea. I've been wanting to look through his posts for a while now, I have a feeling there might be something interesting there.. The bad news? I still don't have time for that.
Sally - I get both innocent and wolf vibes from her. (Read: I have no idea.)

My best bet for a wolf (unfortunately only one):
Mac - Like I said in my previous post. I'll try to look for those Rikae quotes.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:15 AM   #871
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Are you guys kidding me? This is pretty much the most quiet early Day ever. My fellow Europeans, where are you? Well, at least I had Nerwen.

Anyway, I have to go now. I won't be back toDay, and like I said in the admin thread I'll miss all of toMorrow. While I'm away, will you catch us some more wolves? Please? I wouldn't mind if you tried Mac toMorrow. As for toDay, I think it's pretty obvious:

++ Rikae

See you the Day after toMorrow, provided that a) I'm still alive, and b) that the game is still on! With the best possible luck, the village could have won by then. (It would take a successful lynch toMorrow and Zeus choosing to revenge-kill and picking a wolf, but it's possible.)
Old 08-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #872
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It has been quiet today. Considering what happened last night, I figured more people would be eager to post something. I got out of bed particularly early just to see what was going on.

How are we certain that Nerwen isn't a wolf? She was really at Nogrod's throat yesterday. But, then, a wolf probably would not make such a fuss against anybody because of the suspicion possibly placed on them later. A clever wolf might, and might be able to get away with it.

I wish Greenie were not gone. I'd like to know why she suspects Mac. He said this in post 620:

Quote:
I'm getting uneasy about Wilwa, but I can't put my finger on why. I need to take a closer look at what she said when I get to it. Same with Inzil. And Nienna.
He expressed his concern again, later in thread, in post 632, when he lists out all the players to say who he suspects and the ones he suspects most are Wilwa and Inzil.

I'm going back to bed.

-- Foley
Old 08-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #873
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Wilwa, Day One.

#22. Banter. Comments on Boro's post (#19), discusses game mechanics with regard to the Lovers. Is unsure why Boro has singled Zeus out.

Comment: May be trying to persuade the remaining Lovers that it's in their interests to turn cobbler. As Boro's post contained obvious Seer-hints, it may also be Wolfwa had noticed this and was hoping to draw him out as to who he had dreamed.

#26. Thinks that Boro's "allied with almighty Zeus" line referred to phantom as Hera.

#35. Accepts Rikae's suggestion that the phrase simply referred to the village.

#38. Will check out roles.

#46. Lists roles.

#50. Explains Sally's statement (#44) that there are "essentially ordo" roles in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Unicorn is like an Ord, something only happens with their death. Persephone and Aphrodite are like Ordos until they've been found (and will remain so if their matches die before finding them). Mytho could become an Ordo if they choose certain people. The Cursed is like an Ordo until (if) they get chosen by the Wolves.
Comment: Possibly a subtle attempt to influence the Cursed and Lovers?

#63. Talks about the Lovers' alignment; ponders the meaning of the "cobbler" reference in the Unicorn role-description.

#65. More about the Lovers.

#70. Answers a question by Nog about the rules.

#178. Doesn't want to discuss False Seer; says Lover-talk has taken up too much of the Day. Says Boro's and my own "hints" wereprobably just banter. Doesn't want to lynch Eonwe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
But if he's the Cursed we shouldn't be killing him. Well, there is another option for what he could be doing (to help the village). But if I'm right than me saying it could kind of ruin it, so I'll stay quite for now.
Considers whom she'll vote– BG for lack of participation, or Mac for claiming Boro's "Zeus" remark was a Lover-hint, as this "makes no sense".

Comments: Had Wolfwa bought the theory that Eonwe was the Cursed? If so, it seems her packmates talked her out of it.

#182. Says that the narration would have to reveal the Cursed's role, just not whether he's been turned.

#187. Might vote for Blind Guardian; will not vote for Boro or me, nor for Eonwe since he might be doing something "awesomely helpful". Will probably not vote Mac, as he makes her at most "uneasy".

#196. Doesn't know who to vote.

#201. Votes for Blind Guardian.

General Comments: No names, no pack drill. The only living players she mentions at all are me and Mac. She suspects the latter, but in a non-committal way. I'd not like to guess, at this point, if it was wolf-on-wolf or not.

EDIT:X'd with Foley.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #874
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
How are we certain that Nerwen isn't a wolf? She was really at Nogrod's throat yesterday.
Yeah, because he was acting very suspiciously. I wasn't the only one to think so.

Quote:
I wish Greenie were not gone. I'd like to know why she suspects Mac. He said this in post 620:
Quote:
I'm getting uneasy about Wilwa, but I can't put my finger on why. I need to take a closer look at what she said when I get to it. Same with Inzil. And Nienna.
He expressed his concern again, later in thread, in post 632, when he lists out all the players to say who he suspects and the ones he suspects most are Wilwa and Inzil.
That doesn't really prove anything, and besides, she's already said why she suspects Mac:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
Now I might be way off with this, but I'm getting worse vibes from Mac again. Partly because he's being overly nice to me (makes me think he's trying to mess with my head because I suspect him - he would know that it's always harder to suspect someone who is quite convinced you are innocent). Partly because of the Hades thing that was discussed quite much on Day 2. And partly because I got the impression, when reading over yesterDay with the knowledge that Rikae is a wolf, that her sudden suspicion of him (after defending him for the first couple of Days) seemed wolf-on-wolf-ish.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #875
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, so let's recap yesterDay Evening.

Sally suggests that Hestia comes out and we test one of his/her dreams (with a more specific suggestion being the lynching of Nog). No one likes Sally's plan.

Apollo (Tum) is forced to come out at the end of the Day to save herself.

Nog is lynched to save Tum (and in a way to test her legitimacy).

Nog's role matches the role Tum was shown.

Tum is proven to be our true seer, and is now in danger because she had to come out.

Notice the bit where we followed my plan, except pretty much backward? Yeah, I'm just sayin'.

Also, I want to know why Nog had such a problem being lynched if he was the Unicorn. This was the best point for him to get lynched; the odds of him bringing someone back were the highest they possibly could be. (I know, he didn't get to come back, but I mean to say that any point after this his chances would have gone down.) Add that to his inability to participate *squishes* and I don't see the issue. Meh.

Oh, did I mention? MY PLAN WAS FLIPPING BRILLIANT AND WOULD HAVE SAVED OUR SEER! *chills* I'm. Just. Sayin'. *snuggles Tum tightly, hopes the rangers love her enough to protect her properly and LISTEN TO ME for a change* Okay, I'm done here.

I have to go to church in a bit, and then I'll be with Phantom and Tum all day, but I'll see what I can do about looking into people a bit more. I've been really bad at concentration this game, hence more commentary and plotting than analyses.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-01-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: bolding and clarification
Old 08-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #876
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Morning all. Firstly I'd like to give kudos to our Eros/Artemis duo, a successful save and a wolf-kill, a very impressive record indeed.
Secondly, [Reallife] I am out at a wedding and won't be around much at all [/Reallife]

Luckily there's very little debate about who to vote for which is handy.
++Rikae

Just in case I don't get back on toDay.

Also, I don't have time to analyse wilwa today, I'm glad Nerwen is but perhaps someone else can do it too - no offence Nerwen but its good to get two perspectives when we don't know who to trust. That might give us some ideas for toMorrow.
Also, Tum will have had another dream so more may be revealed later today I expect.
One thing I did have time to do yesterday is try to make sense of Day 3 voting.
Nog --> Lottie
Greenie --> Nog
Lal --> Lottie
Zil --> Tum
Wilwa --> Tum
Mira --> Phantom
Mac --> Lottie (3)
Rikae --> Tum
Nienna --> Tum (4)
Tum --> Rikae
Sally --> Nog (2)
Lottie --> Nog (3)
Phantom --> Nog (4)
Folwren ---> Lottie (4)
Nerwen ----> Nog (5)

I think that's right, but please feel free to check my tally to make sure it's correct.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #877
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Aso, Tum, did you catch us a wolf last Night? *is hopeful*

Really going now. Back later.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #878
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Wilwa, Day Two.

408. We shouldn't take too much notice of what Boro-Hermes said, as he might be false. "Speculates" on why he was killed. (Wolves enjoy doing that, sometimes.) Doesn't get the "Hades-hints" that some players saw in Mac's posts. Doesn't like reasoning in Steve's self-defence; favours lynching him. Says the "Cobbler" reference in the Hestia role-description is just a mistake by Glirdy. Now agrees with Nog that my "Hades" comment could have been a hint.

#436. Suspicion-list. Lalaith, Kath, Rikae and I look good. Tum, Nienna, Zil, Lottie, Mira and Shasta are under her radar. Is "confused" about Sally, phantom, Folwren, Greenie, Nog and Eonwe. Might vote for the last-named.

Comment: Generally, wolves distribute their fellows amongst the categories; this is a minor argument against Lalaith and Kath being wolves.

#439. Left Mac off list; corrects this and says he should be in her "okay" category, because she doesn't thinking he was hinting. Tells tum BG's "good looks" remark is probably a hint.

#445. Tells the phantom that, contrary to his belief (#443) she did not say he was "touchy". Tells tum again about the Aphrodite hint.

#456. Votes Eonwe.

General Comments:Still not that much to go on; link to Mac possible, though. So far, Wilwa seems to have been careful to leave a small trail. I wonder what tipped Lottie off?

EDIT:X'd with Sally, Lal and Sally again; added comment.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-01-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #879
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
The wolves have killed Lottie, bye bye, Artemis (Hunter), rest in peace with the knowledge that you have slain the mighty Hera. That means, bye bye to you too Wilwa, serves you right....witch!

Let day Commence!

Edit: And checking the Admin thread, this means Zeus, PM a name to Glirdan and choose to either kill, protect, discover person's role, or cast extra vote by Days end.
Well, done, Artemis! You did your task well. I wonder what Zeus will decide to do? Getting a Seer dream would be the most productive, especially since he's now on the side of the village. That is, of course, unless he's bloody sure of another wolf.

Quote:
Wow. Cheers Lottie! What I'm wondering about right now, though, is why the wolves picked her. She had dropped a rather clear Hunter hint on Day 2id the wolves a) miss or forget that, or b) think she was double-bluffing to avoid being Night-killed (or for some other reason), or c) have something rather more complicated in mind?
Lottie does seem like an odd choice. She had garnered a fair amount of suspicion on her own, and could well have been yesterDay lynch. I wonder if she may have said something that made them exceptionally nervous yesterDay.

Quote:
Unless I have misunderstood something, the fact that he didn't come back must mean that Glirdan picked either a wolf or a false seer to be brought back with him - and since we had not killed a wolf yet, it must logically follow that Boro was picked and was the false seer. Which, in turn, would make autume the real seer, which, in turn, would confirm Rikae as a wolf, which, in turn, would mean we'll have two wolves dead after toDay. (An addition: we also have two seers who both know whether they are true or false.) I kind of like all that. On the down side, though, even after Rikae we still have two wolves (Hades and Hephaestus) to find.
I don't think there's any question Tum is one of the real Seers. Nog's death proved it for me. And the fact that she's the real one ought to be a good clue to Hestia: DON't leave us any clues about your dreams if you picked Boro.
And two wolves are not good, but they're better than four, at least.

Quote:
Now I might be way off with this, but I'm getting worse vibes from Mac again. Partly because he's being overly nice to me (makes me think he's trying to mess with my head because I suspect him - he would know that it's always harder to suspect someone who is quite convinced you are innocent). Partly because of the Hades thing that was discussed quite much on Day 2. And partly because I got the impression, when reading over yesterDay with the knowledge that Rikae is a wolf, that her sudden suspicion of him (after defending him for the first couple of Days) seemed wolf-on-wolf-ish. (I'll try to bring up actual quotes soon, I have a horribly busy day but I'll try anyway.)
It's certainly possible. Rikae is both nervy and experienced enough to do some convincing wolf-on-wolf. I don't know about Mac though. My wariness about him has gradually been diminishing over the last Day or two, but he does need some scrutiny.

Quote:
I think Nog was trying to get lynched just so he could bring any innocent back. If any one had come back, they'd have done so as an ordo, wouldn't they? And there was a 2/3 chance he would have been successful and brought back either BG or Steve. Three known innocents running around would have been such a headache for the wolves.

It is very quiet, considering all the drama. I'm waiting for what Tum can tell us toDay about her latest dream. Let's just hope it wasn't Lottie or Wilwa. Also, Tum should have had one more dream in addition to Nog and Rikae, I think.

x/d with all since # 874
Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #880
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Rikae