The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-22-2003, 08:14 AM   #1
The Flame Of Anor
Animated Skeleton

The Flame Of Anor has just left Hobbiton.
Question Any Extended Edition News?

Anyone perchance know if there is any news or release date for the DVD or Extended Edition? I couldnt find any, but maybe someone has connections?
Old 01-22-2003, 08:19 AM   #2
Boromir's Lady
Pile O'Bones

Boromir's Lady has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The release date for the Extended Version DVD of Two Towers is November 2003 (I don't think they have given a day of release during that month yet)<P>The theatrical version will be released August 2003<P><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1042832069" TARGET=_blank>Link to release dates - click here</A><p>[ January 22, 2003: Message edited by: Boromir's Lady ]
~*Have you seen it, Aragorn? The white tower of Ecthelion glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?*~
Boromir's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 12:30 PM   #3
Ringfenwen
Pile O'Bones

Ringfenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

i can tell u some things i'm pretty sure are in the extended edition:<P>*a scene where aragorn releases brega (theodrids horse), as he's gone a bit mental, with all the stuff with theodrid n all. Aragorn sez he's seen enough war. (yes that's how he appears later)<P>*a council of elves, deciding wether to help the race of men<P>*a scene where gollum recounts the tale of murdering deagol for the ring.<P>*a scene where grishnak and others are talking about what it is they are meant to obtain for their master.<P>hope that helps
Old 01-24-2003, 02:31 PM   #4
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Is this based on something or just guess work?<P>Anyway ...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *a scene where aragorn releases brega (theodrids horse), as he's gone a bit mental, with all the stuff with theodrid n all. Aragorn sez he's seen enough war. (yes that's how he appears later) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This seems confusing to me. Do you mean just before he goes into Helm's Deep he lets the horse go and says, "More war, this I don't need."?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *a council of elves, deciding wether to help the race of men <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sounds cool. I love it when Gollum calls Smeagol "murderer". It would be nice to put it in context. Poor Deagol. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>*a council of elves, deciding wether to help the race of men. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>More arguing elves? Maybe it helps set up Haldir better, but this sounds pretty dull to me.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *a scene where grishnak and others are talking about what it is they are meant to obtain for their master. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>More arguing and foul tempered orcs. I like that. I think this would be usefull for those that didn't read the book.<P>H.C.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:03 PM   #5
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

That sounds pretty awesome!! I can't wait to see it!!
Old 01-24-2003, 04:18 PM   #6
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Two bits of dialogue I would love to see reinstated: <BR>Gimli crying out Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu! when he jumps. <BR>And Legolas' line during the chase of the Three Hunters: 'Come! Let us go on! The thought of those merry young folk driven like cattle burns my heart.'