The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2007, 05:45 AM   #161
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
It should really be 4pm BST (3pm GMT), and will return to that when Volo gets back, but today I am going to have to start the Day at 3pm BST because I'm off to my friends to do revision.

I am sorry for all the mix-ups. Nogrod pointed that out to me yesterday as well. I just forget all about the whole daylight savings time thing.

Just to be clear. Day 3 will start at 3pm BST, which is 2pm GMT. So if anyone hasn't yet sent in a name (I'm about to check) please do so now.

EDIT: And to answer your actual question Sauce, Day 2 in my headed ended at 3pm BST (2pm GMT) but actually ended at 4pm BST (3pm GMT) after this was pointed out to me, so only Durelin's post was outside the time limit.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #162
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Thanks Kath.

So when does Day 3 end?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #163
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
3 PM GMT.

Thanks Kath! I'll take over from here. I still have to read through the stuff and look at your notes (if you have posted them in our gmail account). Hope everything is fine.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #164
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I haven't. I'll do that now but if you've any questions it will have to wait until a bit later I'm afraid. I just took a quick break but I'm back to the books in a minute.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:26 PM   #165
Volo

Three days absence -> death.
Glirdan has this Day (and Night) time to come alive.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #166
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Apologies to everyone once again, it's really silly, but it seems everything has agreed to turn against me in last days, because my computer was infected by a virus... I don't know how things are going to turn out and if I'll be able to participate already today, but I'll surely do my best. I am now typing on "borrowed time" due to my friend's help... You probably can imagine how I was angry when I learned the @&&virus causes me to miss another Werewolf Day! (the top ten signs you are addicted to... ) If I won't be able to reach you back in several days, then... means the virus was stronger
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #167
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Today, i went to the Comic Book and Entertainment Expo today, it was pretty grand, met The Hulk, and Robert Picardo and more... and sadly tomorrow i will be busily doing homework all day but i will check on from time to time.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #168
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am just letting you all know that I will not be doing any posting on the 1. May as I will be spending The International Workers Day with my comrades, singing, marching and listening to speaches. (maybe a bit of drinking as well)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #169
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I am just letting you all know that I will not be doing any posting on the 1. May as I will be spending The International Workers Day with my comrades, singing, marching and listening to speaches. (maybe a bit of drinking as well)
I will just add that my May 1st goes in pretty similar fashion (while we may skip the march). But I try to at least pop in at around before midnight GMT, possibly a bit earlier.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #170
Volo

Lucky you... I'll probably be sitting here working on my ethics essay. :/
Old 04-30-2007, 01:19 PM   #171
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
That sure calls for some virtue!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #172
Volo

Ok, I admit... I'll be pressing the "refresh" button in User CP or walking around the fields.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #173
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Don't worry, no speech of the dead coming... Just wanted to appear here and say that my computer was victorious and no viruses are threatening him any longer, just at the right time for me to come here for my death...

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Really? Actually, I'll be doing almost the same too tomorrow... what sort of a madman invented ethics anyway?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #174
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
what sort of a madman invented ethics anyway?
Possibly the one who realised that it would be best to us all as individuals to not fear every other all the time (individualistic answer) or those who thought that we should be brothers and sisters anyway (communitaristic answer). Or then there are a few more answers, but let these suffice at the moment.

So let's just stand the morals... whether they are innate to us, a duty or just good for us all...
Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #175
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Problem: I totaly forgot that they are turning off the electisity in my house the 2. May from 8 am to 3 pm. I am not sure how to solve this, but at least now you know why if you do not hear from me.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #176
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
alright, this will be the last day with me, as i leave tomorrow night... by the time i get back it will probably be over anyways... its was a fun game!